• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The search for the meaning of life.

What do you thing of the search for the meaning of life?

• It's pointless

Votes: 21 32.3%
  • We will learn it when we die

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • We already know it

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • We all must search for it in this world

Votes: 12 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mewthreehundredandfour

Bring on the Shamwow
I'm just wondering, what are your opinions on the SEARCH for the meaning of life...

Can you find it?
How do you find it?
Whewre can it be found?

I believe that the search for the meaning of life is a pointless and fruitless quest that only ends in despair and anger...

Even if you were to find it, then you would search for the meaning of exisitence, then, ultimatly, the meaning of nothingness... Which can't be found...

ChronaMew

Demonic Warrior
I find it pointless. Why exactly do you need a *meaning* in life?

I make my own meaning in life, through my actions and who I befriend. For a video game addict, their meaning might be to play games forever. There doesn't have to be some universal reason for humans to exist and live.

Either way, what's the point of wondering? Humans have been around for a couple thousand years now, and nothing has come across. We should focus more on the definite aspects of life than trying to answer a meaningless question

It sort of depends on your religion, but in the case that you don't have a religion, or are an atheist, I would think that the meaning of life depends on making a difference in the world somehow, be it large or small. This would of course also apply to some religions as well.

Nukada

Kyogre Trainer
Reason for me to live is to spread God's word to people to prevent them from burning in hell for all eternity. Its a public service thing.

Nikacho

"Oh, HER again."
It's 42.
..Sorry. xD
I'm thinking there is no "Meaning of life"
We just so-happened to live here.

~;162;

Nukada

Kyogre Trainer
That's not the meaning of life, its the answer to the question of life, the universe, and everything. It involves all 3. you need to further simplify it to only refer to life, and just dividing it by 3 doesn't count. When you find out what the question is, you'll be able to determine it.

DarkRidley

Deals and Issues
Didn't already have a debate on the meaning of existence?

Oh, well. I'll restate my views on it.

The meaning of life is whatever you expect or want from life; what feels to you like a purpose. Therefore, if searching for the meaning of life gives you satisfaction, then that may be the meaning that you've given yourself.

It's purely a human construct. There is no "meaning" in life besides biological factors like reproduction.

maxx unlimited

<-Gender Undisclosed
I think we will eventually find it out....
....once we die....

Yea, I believe either it will click in your mind when you arrive in Heaven, or God will tell you.

the elite trainer

Warrior Of Darkness
It's 42.
..Sorry. xD
I'm thinking there is no "Meaning of life"
We just so-happened to live here.

~;162;

Why does everyone say 42? It's a no brainer it's 44.44444

The real meaning of life is to die.

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
If there even is a meaning of life it probably is as simple as; To be part of the bigger evolution. Direct and indict reproduce and changing for the 'better'. It is the Survival of the Fittest concept, constantly adopting to the changing environment.

darkrai dude

Back, I guess
I think the meaning of life is to abide by the 10 commandments the best you can.
God gave them to us for a reason, no?

Luxray101

To be honest, it wouldn't really matter if we weren't here. I don't think there is a meaning to life, only to reproduce and then die...

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
We all know that the meaning of life is reproduction to continue the human race. However i once did a weird assignment on why the meaning of life 42. I found that if you use a basic substitution matrix where a=1, b=2 and so on. I said that the lady is the meaning of life for every straight male so therefore L+A+D+Y should be the meaning of life and it equals 42. So there you have it the meaning of life is reproducing with a lady.

Ism

Well, since the question is how to find a meaning for life, and not what the meaning of life actually is, I'd say that it's just as relative.

It might be in how the past has shaped you, driving you to work towards whatever goal you have in mind due to your personal experiences.

It might be due to an incident which offered a new perspective, and in acquiring a new outlook, you find a meaning.

Either or in whatever way, it's subjective.

Vic Rattlehead

I don't believe that there is a set universal meaning to life. I am of the opinion that the meaning of life is a personal thing that varies from person to person. Just as a person may interpret a painting differently from another. It doesn't have to be a painting either, of course!
So I would agree with Ism. Relative. Everyone has their own goals in life.

rust

Moribund WarriorPoet
Reason for me to live is to spread God's word to people to prevent them from burning in hell for all eternity. Its a public service thing.

But, see, the funny thing about that is that we non-Christians don't want to hear about that, which makes your reason to live to annoy people... That sounds pretty pointless and fruitless, IMO.

I've thought about it, and I really don't know. The meaning of life may be to make what you want out of life, but I really need to think about it more.

siburke939

<------ my 1st shiny
it's all about the journey

Champion Jared 14

rust said:
But, see, the funny thing about that is that we non-Christians don't want to hear about that, which makes your reason to live to annoy people... That sounds pretty pointless and fruitless, IMO.
Well, for his side, do you think all chrisitians want to hear is rejection from people like you? No, but they accept it, only from mature people who can come together and share views, and not block out what they don't want to hear, because that is what 'civilized' people do. I bet you put your hands on your head saying, "La La LA I can't hear you", whenever you don't want to hear what you like. Hmm, gee, what does that make the meaning of your life mean, hmm I dunno don't care, GTFO, and have a lovely day, I love you dearly sweetie, God bless...