• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Secret Behind the Off-Limits Door! (008)

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Such a solid 8/10 episode! The fact that Dot's interest in what Roy and Liko have, without her knowing they possessed them, created such a captivating moment

Glad Roy got his first win

Cap I love you, Sleeping while standing such a badass moment

Last edited:

Queen Cynthia

Dignified Queen of Sinnoh
Another solid episode!

Although I'm not a big fan of Dot (at least not yet), I think the plot was written well nevertheless. Almost like a character study that focuses on interpersonal relationships. Well done!

Apart from that, the episode had a lot of short, but nice moments, for example:
  • Murdock being a caring uncle trying everything in his might to make his niece happy
  • Friede and Murdoch secretly eating sweets and getting blamed by the other members for wasting money :D
  • Friede and Roy being talked into buying a (more or less useless?) piece of cloth. Hilarious :D Too bad we didn't get to see Molly's reaction. as the one in charge for the crew's budget. Guess they never dared to tell her, because would probably have "killed" them.
  • Landau. I mean that guys's just randomly there. :D We don't even know who exactly he is or what his role is. Instead he just seems to be there saying his mysterious lines and acting as comic relief. I'd say Dot is far from being the strangest person on that airship...it's Landau, but in a positive sense! Don't know why but I've got the feeling he'll play some important role later on.
  • It might have been hardly noticeable but Sprigatito's playfulness was funny, too: Hanging on to the laundry, being afraid of that brush (just like real cats) or being "angry" at Liko for screaming so loud. It's those little scenes that also make an episode good.

The fact that Dot's interest in what Roy and Liko have, with her knowing they possessed them
Not really sure if Dot knows about Liko's pendant at all. Liko never told her and Dot never saw it in action. It's possible though she knows about Roy's Pokeball because he told her about the black Rayquaza.

So, next week we 'll finally get to Paldea and see Liko's house. Judging from the preview her family must indeed be rich.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
I agree, this was a solid episode. Dialogue-heavy for sure, but definitely good insight into a couple of characters, particularly Dot. If she does become more of a protagonist for the group, I think it'd be a great way for her to come out of her shell, so to speak. Plus, we'll probably get to see Quaxly in action, too.

I was laughing at how the girls weren't remotely convinced by Murdock and Friede saying they weren't hogging sweets. I also really like how Murdock's intentions were to have his niece eat more than just supplements. He's a good uncle!

As for Dot herself, I think we've yet to really see her character shine just yet. I've enjoyed her as Nidothing for her usual videos, so it'll be interesting to see more and more of her character as episodes go on. She'll definitely warm up to Liko and Roy over time, I'm sure.

Liko and Roy themselves continue to be fun characters. Liko especially with her various reactions, like when she realized Nidothing read her comment. Solid episode, not much else to say. Looking forward to the adventures in Paldea!

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
The first comment Gurumin read clearly being form the Explorer with the Rhydon is hilarious. Liko not realizing it just adds to the comedy.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
This episode pretty much all but confirms that Dot’s getting a Gholdengo at some point. She’s reclusive and comes off as jerk like Gimmighoul, she has an interest in rare treasures like Gimmighoul, & her Nidothing persona is popular and has an upbeat personality like Gholdengo.

Gholdengo’s face even looks kind of similar to Nidothing’s

Last edited:

Trey pokes

Dot is precious and needs to be protected at all costs. Just another good episode right here and man just this series animation continues to astound me with how pretty it looks, including that ending shot of us reaching Paldea. I got nothing to say but, 9/10! Keep at it Horizons.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Not really sure if Dot knows about Liko's pendant at all. Liko never told her and Dot never saw it in action. It's possible though she knows about Roy's Pokeball because he told her about the black Rayquaza.

She doesn't, that's what the entire joke was. She'd get to see the exact things she talked about being interested in if she just opened the door.

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
Another fun little filler-ish episode.

I could honestly watch a full episode of Liko and Sprigatito just doing stuff around the ship. They’re both just so precious.

I’m guessing Dot coming out of her shell will be a little subplot for the foreseeable future. It was sweet that Liko’s comment softened her up a bit. Also cool that they gave your average Serebii Forums member some representation with Dot’s personality. /jk

Love the bits we got between Roy and Friede too.

Pumped for Paldea and Liko’s home next week.

Queen Cynthia

Dignified Queen of Sinnoh
Love the bits we got between Roy and Friede too.
I guess Friede might end up being Roy's mentor. They seem to get along pretty well and Friede seems to enjoy training Roy.
Reminds me a lot of Cynthia and Iris. What a great and inspiring combo that was!!

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Dot whining about doing the ED was probably the icing on the cake.

Risrhayne

This was a pretty good episode introducing what I’m assuming will be our main supporting character. While I’m not a huge fan of hikkikomori archetypes, I do appreciate Pokemon of all shows including one and Horizons continues to impress me with how…lively these characters are. From the ladies staring down Friede and Murdock about the missing sweet rations to Liko and Roy blowing off the inspirational speeches from the elders, this show feels so modern compared to the Ash anime.

At this point in time though, I’m kinda chomping at the bit for things to get rolling and to see what Liko and Roy are gonna be getting into and what the heck the Explorers and Rising VT are planning to do. Not to say Dot isn’t an interesting character or anything, but I would’ve been perfectly fine with them dragging out the mystery for one or two more episodes so we can get to Paldea at least and plant the seeds of more urgent story arcs.

That said, I’m loving the motif in the designs of the girls being Pokémon they don’t own, with Liko looking like Oshawott, Ann looking like Arboliva and Dot looking like Cherrim

Sham

The Guardian of War
I liked this episode. Dot’s voice is different than I imagined but I’m glad they are actually giving us a stand-offish character. It’s refreshing.

I’m hoping she has a more slow change than Chloe and not Liko’s (and Roy’s) kindness immediately changing her. Instead she still maintains some of these qualities.

I do get bored of the whole “everyone is just best friends and passive” dynamic they’ve been doing for the past series so this is nice. Even though she seems rather cold it’s great they showed this wasn’t intentional and a part of her does seek human connection like when she decided to read Liko’s comment.

Speaking of Liko, Sprigatito has to be the best partner of a Pokémon in awhile. It’s pure sass and I love it. Loved the eye roll where it was basically going like “really….?” when Liko was fangirling over Nidothing’s advice.

Even though the crew hasn’t been given much to work with since they’re supporting characters, they’ve done an excellent job at glossing them out and Molly, Ludlow and Orla continues to be treats. I like how despite Friede being the “leader”, they’re still pretty casual with him and calls him out.

Nice too see Roy win a battle on screen and a call back to how Pikachu’s first “win” was against Spareow as well.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
The first comment Gurumin read clearly being form the Explorer with the Rhydon is hilarious. Liko not realizing it just adds to the comedy.
Kinda reminds me of a reverse of the TRio radio program episode where they read the comments from the heroes and didn’t seem to realize it.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Essay time.
I do like how the girls suspected Murdock for depleting the sweets supplies and Friede for being complicit, though to be fair to the latters, their hearts are in the right place, merely experimenting with recipes that Dot might like. I can see why they'd want to keep it a secret, but at the same time they could've just said something in the first place considering Dot resides on the ship. At least they managed to succeed in the end. Murdock is a good uncle, he's the kind of uncle you'd want to have.
Regarding Dot, her personality is interesting, and the fact that she is stand-offish is refreshing in contrast with the rest of the crew, though her voice was not what I was expecting, but it has depth to it. As for her character, she sees interpersonal relationships as a waste of time, and in this day and age, she may have a point. Also she has an interest in ancient treasures which is pretty cool and could foreshadow a capture of Gimmighoul perhaps? Not gonna lie, all in all, I can kinda relate to Dot in a sense.
I would've liked to see how Molly reacted to the purchase of that cloth. The vendor did a stellar job in selling it to Roy/Friede though, in exchange for information that didn't really help the latter tbph
On a final note, I never pegged Zir from the Explorers to be a Nidothing fan. The username "Muscles of a Rhydon" is so obvious, like the wha-bam name "Radio Sommelier" from JN. Anywho, I liked that his comment referred to his battle in HZ005.

Also Dot complaining during the rap segment during the ED was amusing

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
This was probably my fav episode from HZ yet, and Im so glad I couldnt watch this live as watching it with subs was much better as a first time viewing experience
I didnt like Dot's name, character design or the fact she's kind of an OC behind Gurumin at all at first. But this episode won me over, I really like the character work they did with her and how it wasnt cheaply resolved either, really interested in their arc