• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Secret Sphere of Influence! (504)

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
Yea It was to bad we didn't hear His Voice at the end but we find out later
Anyways you still have to love Mewoth's Sunflora coustume but it does get over used sometimes it would be nice to see a new coustume thats nto Sunflora or Weavile

Rommath

▲_▲
Alright episode for Team Galactic's debut. Meowth sure seems to like dressing up as Sunflora. It works well with him though. Shame Saturn didn't do much.

The Adamant orb was well done too.

ccangelopearl1362

Where to start here...? I had to chuckle at the conversation between Ash's Pikachu and Dawn's Piplup about how to tackle Team Rocket and get the Adamant Orb back. The beginning elements of the big story behind Dialga, Palkia, and the Original One were quite mystifying to behold, and I will be eager to see what becomes of this story in the future. Yet, while Ash, Dawn, Brock, Gardenia, Nando, and the two Officer Jennys were focused on confronting Jessie, James, and Meowth, the real villains behind the attempted theft were above the fray -- quite literally. Overall, I will opine that this was a pretty good episode showing the "mystical" side of Sinnoh, so to speak.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I felt bad for Sunflora, because it got the blame for something Team Rocket did.

At least they managed to clear it.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
the innocent allways gets to be blamed first in the series it seems, nontheless it was a good episode which i enjoyed watching.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
A worthy ten seconds of hype at the end. Too bad that in order to get to those ten seconds, I had to sit through the previous 21:50 of alright but predictable and unremarkable criminal sequences. I may have even liked this episode better when it was called "Spinarak Attack". That said, we get the anticipated return of Natane along with one of the more entertaining Junsa clones we've seen in this series. Nyasu's Sunflora outfit is back, which is one of my favorite running gags. Oh, and Naoshi also returns unexpectedly, but quite frankly, I didn't miss him. Heck, I still don't miss him today in spite of his two-year absence.

So with a pretty hot cast of characters, what goes wrong here? Even though there are far greater intentions behind the whole scheme, the whole TR criminal investigation just feels so overdone. I appreciate that they dragged back Naoshi in hopes of some interesting content, but he's just too dry of a character outside of some basic legend knowledge he provides here. Speaking of legends, it's also nice to finally get our first real insight into Dialga, Palkia, and the pixies, but they're all pretty minor things in an episode that is very formulaic on the whole. It gets points for finally giving us a glimpse of Galactic, but loses them for some pretty terrible animation. I also think Skunpoo deserved more of a role, especially with a name like "Skunpoo". I'd actually peg this episode as a recommended watch just because of all the elements it introduces, but it's never super-exciting.

C+

SteveAnime

Jenny Fan
wow that was my favorite episode ;)

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I hoped that Galactic will appear more in this ep, i was wrong. it was nice to see little of a gym battle of Nando.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I was surprised that they showed the Space-Time Tower from the 10th Pokemon movie in this episode. I guess it was a little foreshadowing on the animators part. Well this was not my favorite episode because Stunky made a debut that I believe could've been handled much better. Plus we got random characters like a Jenny from Kanto and Nando, yet we barely got to see Team Galactic. 5/10.

Last edited:

KGB13

Man of Mystery
Was that Eterna City Officer Jenny on edge or what? I like the fact that she had a Stunky instead of the usual Growlithe or Arcanine though. I also liked how Nando kept his cool the whole time even though he was under arrest and accused of a crime he didn't commit. I haven't seen a Sunflora in a AGES! It's nice to see some forgotten pokemon get a little spotlight. Good episode.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Not a bad episode in my opinion. Poor Nando getting arrested for doing nothing, I think Jenny was a tad over suspicious since he probably wasn't the only Sunflora trainer, she didn't try to see if there was anyone else.

Nice to see Gardenia again in this episode, and not to mention Viridian City Jenny (Out of all the Jennys I think she is the one that has appeared the most correct?) I like Jessie's clothing she was in too. Piplup's and Pikachu's conversation was funny.

wind21

Only a couple of days before Ash's first battle in the Sinnoh league tournament, and we're getting quite a few other treats that day as well, including some info about the Pokemon anime for the next region. It's a wonderfully exciting time right now.

I'm skipping one review to come to this episode. dp 35 introduces a member of the elite four and addresses some issues Dawn has with Buizel's battling style. It's worth a watch, and the reviews for that episode are pretty awesome. This episode is Nando's 2nd appearance, and again in the spirit of trying to appreciate the rivals of Sinnoh, I'll look at it.

Well, we start off in the thick of things, just like in the dress up competition a few episodes back. Ash and company, who are at some sort of museum, witness a disguised Team Rocket steal something that's very important (which is all my understanding is of the items Team Galactic needs for their plans; really sorry about that). Team Rocket is able to make a half getaway, in that they escape from our heroes but are still in the museum with the police monitoring the entrances. However, the police, particularly the Officer Jenny of this city, are a bit nonsensical, and they blame Nando for the theft. His honor is quickly vouched for by Gardenia (the 2nd gym leader-finally remembered her name!), who reasons that anyone who can win her gym badge using the battling style Nando did could never be a thief. So that's the way we find out Nando is having success in his bid for the Sinnoh league. I think the idea is solid: Nando is revealed to have defeated a gym leader who recently beat Ash in an unofficial battle. The fact that Gardenia does the talking and gives a few compliments along the way further creates a level of respect for Nando's skills. What I find interesting though, it that one of Ash's later rivals is introduced in almost the exact opposite manner. This rival loses to the gym leader, the gym leader has nothing nice to say about the rival (which he complains about when watching Ash's battle), and yet I like him all the more for it. That rival has a warmth to his character that Nando does not have, despite that rival looking like a bit of loser. It's amazing the things that can make one like a character. You know, to me, the greatest strength of the pokemon anime has been that its main character has not yet won a league (3 tries so far). I think of Ash as a talented Pokemon trainer, not as Mr. Hero who's going to win no matter what b/c he's the main character; that's why I like him so much. That's also the reason I'm sort of glancing over the Team Galactic plot; you know that Team Galactic is going to be stopped, and I don't think good guy/bad guy plots like that are why this show is what it is. Not that I'm against it or anything; it's necessary. But if that's all this show was, I wouldn't watch it. That said, I think Ash has grown up so much, and I hope he does win the Sinnoh league (I really wanted to say that before the 1st round of the Sinnoh league kicked off).

My favorite scene in this episode is when Pikachu and Piplup spy Jessie, James, and Meowth taking off their disguise; the two have a conflict of opinions over what to do about it. I haven't said too much about Piplup because I don't think it's at its best when it's being proud and receiving respect for that, which is what happened when it learned Whirlpool and fought Buizel. Piplup is much more fun/unique when it shows pride and ends up making mistakes as a result. That's also why Piplup and Pikachu have such a fun friendship, and this scene is the first one that shows that.

Last edited:

saar

Shiny Flygon
Team Galactic's first appearance was pretty good, but would have been better if they were actually appearing in front of Ash and his freinds. For a first time, it's was quite fine.:)

~Platinum~

<- Caught it!
This is an episode that I always enjoy watching. Apart from it's major plot contributions, this episode's theme was different from the majority of the episodes, as it was not just a help random pokemon or COTD episode or battle a certain trainer episode.

This episode was the introductory of Sinnoh's TimeSpace legends, and it brought back several old things in the series as well as introducing serveral new. The Viridian City Officer Jenny as well as Butch and Cassidy cameos were interesting shoutouts to the original series, and Nando appearing as well as a J cameo brought back some things from the current series, also showing that they will be reappearing in future eps. The intro for the TimeSpace legend and the debut of Team Galactic were some major plot contributions for the series, though I will say that TG should have had their debut a bit sooner. The Space-Time Towers from the 10th movie were interesting to see too.

The large amount of re-occuring characters in this episode was also enjoyable, even if a large number of them were either in cameos or ten second appearances. The interactions between the pokemon were enjoyable too, especially Pikachu and Piplup's arguement in the air vent.

The Adamant Orb was interesting to see, a I liked how Jessie descibed it as a diamond, being an item found in Pokemon Diamond version and exclusive to Dialga, the mascot pokemon for Diamond. However, everyone acted as if the orb was extremely fragile, and you'd think an item created by the ruler of time wouldn't break if it dropped to the floor.

Team Galactic's debut was interesting, though I wish that they'd gotten more screen time than a shot of their helicopter and a ten second appearance at the end of the episode. Iwill agree with most people and say TG's debut was the best part of the episode. I wonder why TG hired JJ&M to steal the orb when they themselves have numberous grunts, equipment, and Golbat. I understand that TG is a secret criminal organization and wants to keep a low profile, but TG would have done a better and more secretive job.

Anyways, this was a good episode that combined old and new and set the stage for many future eps.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
If only Dialga had appeared in that episode....

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Did anyone notice the Phoenix Wright references?

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was cool to see a Stunky for the 1st time. It was cool to find out about the Adament Orb for the 1st time, and to see it. It was unfortunate that Nando was accused of the theft because a Sunflora was caught on camera, and Nando had a Sunflora. It's a good thing everybody realized it was a Meowth disguised as a Sunflora who stole it. It was cool to get a little bit of insight on Palkia and Dialga. It was cool to see them, plus Mespirit, Azelf, and Uxie as statues. It was interesting how Dawn knew the Palkia/Dialga story. It was cool to see Saturn of Team Galactic for the 1st time.

49/100

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I loved seeing Nando again and I felt bad for him given that he was suspected of having stolen the Adamant Orb and all. Meowth made me cackle due to his Sunflora outfit, and seeing James stuff the Adamant Orb in his coat made him look bloated. I appreciated that everyone's Pokemon helped here and I felt bad for everyone after Stunky used its stench.