• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Semi-Final Frontier! (657)

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon
What happens is that Kalos League was the straw that broke the camel's back in times when the internet was much more active
I know Ash losing every league was getting so old at this point and by that time most people gave up on the Pokemon Anime.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Also looking back at threads here around the same time, there was quite a bit of salt already

I already finished AG so I was watching this episode (Sceptile, Torkoal and Swellow perfomance).

What the heck happened to Torkoal? He had had a good fight against Registeel and here he just loses in the stupidest way possible.

Ok Sceptile, I hadn't taken into account that Dream Eater recovers the user's energy, so Sceptile is extremely strong. No doubts.

Infernape (Blaze) > Charizard / Sceptile > Dragonite > Infernape > Lucario
@Damerdal

vondecayle

I remember watching this battle back then and thinking “wtf”. However, I always enjoyed this battle because it was action packed and because it was against freaking legends. Sceptile and Pikachu were obviously the stars of this match. At least Heracross managed to land a powerful megahorn. Swellow should’ve endured more and for some reason he decided to go straight to luster purge with Aerial Ace, instead of dodging, same with Pikachu going straight to those Giga Impacts. Even if Ash’s pokemon were going to be overpowered regardless, he failed to strategize more. I definitely wanted to know more about Tobias, some of the previous trainers who defeated Ash in the league (such as Tyson), got their own episode so I don’t see why Tobias couldn’t get one as well. Like many others have said, this loss is just a testament to how good Ash was as a trainer back then.