• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Semi-Final Frontier! (657)

oran berry

the world ahead
Bahh Takuto using legendaries was cheap.

but I'm so proud of Satoshi and his pokemon! his Sceptile taking out Darkrai after coming out of nightmare was definitely unexpected (made me stand up and cheer). The pikachu vs latios was exciting too, I kinda felt that it would end up as a double KO once he chose him. And Satoshi took his defeat maturely, which was nice. I can say that this episode definitely carried surprises.

is it me or did satoshi's eyes change in the new best wishes preview?

@Cazak: Takuto looked slightly angered, and his demeanor was less happy once he had to call latios out.

Last edited:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Nice episode, better then i expected, shame Swellow/Torkoal/Gible got one hit koed without even landing an attack.

Sceptile is now semented at the level of Charizard and Pikachu, Charizard nuthuggers will cry, Heracross landed a Megahorn yeah but he healed up that by deafeating Heracross.

Damn was i supreised when Darkrai went down and then expecting a 5gen and the guy sends Latios i was like WHAT THE HELL CHEAP, Swellow suprised me also, Pikachu vs Latios was pretty awesome, the flying Volt Tackle/Iron Tail combo was awesome all around i was at this moment expecting Pikachu to beat it and Takuto just sending out a Latias lol but it was a Draw :p.

Its probably Gallie isnt it Cyber? bohohohohoohoho it felt good not being Glalie even though i love the dood.

Guys, guys hes gonna come here and talk about it was Bayleef and Totodile :D, thing is we dont care if it wasnt Totodile and Bayleef but you will whine out it wasnt Glalie and say it was still a Hoenn pokemon wich we dont care since most of us as nothing against any pokemon :D.

The battle wasnt half as cheap as it looked before.

We now know if the legendarie is not one of the huge ones it can be beat in the anime, so ignoring Groundon/Kyogre/Lugia/Hooh/Rayquaza/Dialga/Palkia/Giratina/Arceus/possible Mewtwo/Deoxys/Mew all the other legendaries can be beat its a staple now, with the example we have been getting.

Really nice episode all around and like i though Takuto is not a jerk guy seemed like a good sport all around and he wont the league without loosing Darkrai in the last match so yeah Ash was the only one to not beat 1 but 2 of his legendaries wich made it not so cheap.

Last edited:

Bubblewrap

- The battle starts immediately, with a grassy field.
- Takuto sends out Darkrai (no way!)
- Ash sends out Heracross
- Heracross uses Hyper Beam whilst Darkrai sends back a ice beam possibly.
- Heracross uses megahorn, or atleast attempts to. Darkrai causes Heracross to fall asleep.
- Darkrai attacks heracross with something... but whatever. Heracross is out.
- Torkoal is sent out. Uses flamethrower or sometype of fire move.
- Torkoal faints straight away! Ouch.
- Ash sends out Gible. Gible punches Darkrai which does damage! Darkrai uses ice beam on Gible which dodges a few times.
- It ends up hitting.. and Gible is out. All in the span of like - 5 minutes!
- Ash gets serious.
- Sceptile is sent out.
- Ice beam is sent its way. Sceptile dodges. Darkrai sents out another ice beam.
- Darkrai uses dark void so Sceptile falls asleep.
- Darkrai enters Sceptiles dreams. Nightmares are caused!
- Sceptile awakens.. and.. it uses leaf blade. DARKRAI IS OUT! Sceptile is so awesome.
- Takuto sends out... Latios. LOLOL
- Sceptile faints. Ash sends out Swellow.
- Swellow is down.
- This is getting REAL.
- Pikachu is left.. (come on, Latios?)
- Ash turns his hat backwards.
- Pikachu uses quick attack then quickly uses Volt Tackle.
- Latios uses Giga Impact.
- Pikachu gets on Latios' back. Uses Thunderbolt. Latios in engulfed in thunder.
- Thunderlatios is flying around the stadium.
- Pikachu is thrown in the air, and counters a blast from Latios with an Volt Tackle.
- Pikachu uses Iron Tail. Latios faints (I believe), but all is lost as Pikachu also faints.
- The winner of the Tournament is... Takuto! No surprise there.
- Ash and Dawn laugh together. Brock talks about them or something.
- Barry comes from nowhere are says goodbye/wishes him goodluck or something.
- OK, what is Brock doing on his own? lol.
- The end.

Rokroad

Hot Drops
Latios, they made Takuto way to overpowered.

Why did the writers do that, is he some sort of Uber trainer ?

Chimchartrainer07

Heracross did ok at least he landed a hit with sleeptalk/megahorn.
Torkoal failed, though its prior legendary battle experience made me think it would actually do some damage, but noooo.
Gible, I couldn't tell if rocksmash did anything, the computer acted weird when it was streaming. I enjoyed watching Gible's part in the battle, even though it lost too.
Sceptile, once again proved its a major power house and took down Darkrai!!!
Latios was an awesome surprise. I'm glad it wasn't Entei or Lucario like in the opening.
Sceptile getting taken down was a little disappointg, though I'm glad it took down one of the LT's (forget his name) pokemon.
Swellow, nice to see one of my favorite Ash pokemon return, though its loss was a little sad, cause I honestly expected it to do some damage to Latios.
Pikachu was EPIC in this battle IMO. The fact that it took a crap load of damage and tied with Latios makes up for its lack of not really doing much in DP.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Did Swellow at least manage to land an attack?

Celebitwo

Celebi Clone
UGH, Hoenn pokemon take over the Sinnoh League. Now I'll remember the Sinnoh League as Hoenn getting the last battle. Disappointed that Sceptile took Darkrai too, and Ash's 6th pokemon was Swellow. Poor Totodile, Bayleef, Muk, Kingler, Glalie. All could of used the battle. Oh well, last few minutes of the episode were good though. What did Brock say in his head?

Ill take Swellow over Totodile, although those two and Kingler I rank as Ash's weakest 3 Pokemon

V Faction

www.faction.com
Imagine the wtf moment everybody had when LATIOS of all things came out of that pokeball... It's friggin Animé debut! But the battle was good.. Pikachu put up a good fight, and now is the only pokemon of Ash to beat two legendaries..

Only point of remark is that Ash should've saved Gible for later, and that Pikachu shouldn't have bluntly go straight into those Giga Impacts.. What was it thinking???

That was the best part.

It's like knocking down a brick wall only to find a steel wall behind it.

I love that they did this in a Pokemon anime. Everyone thought Darkrai was going to be the big contender.

DarkPrince

Take that!
So, latios huh? This battle was epic.

Swellow was a good choice for Ash. Sceptile and Swellow are damn fast.

And according to me Pikachu was now the one in need of some wins. We were ignoring that little mouse. Pikachu is also strong one.

In the end I think Ash said "I'll be the greatest Pokemon Master one day!" and Dawn said "I'll be the greatest Co-ordinator there is"
Then Brock must have thought that he must think about his goal.

Barry rushed out of the scene having a rushed ending as Barry does it always. Goodbye Barry you were an awesome character -_-

Maxim

Beyond repair
All I can say is: Terrible ending to a bad series.

It's no mystery that Takuto was just a cheap device to rush the DP ending.

I'm both glad and sad that DP has ended. Glad because it sucked of its unneccessary stretch, painful fillers and then rushed ending. It should have ended year or two ago already. Sad because I know that Isshu will be even worse.

Still, Takuto is nothing compared to Red (different canons, but still). Using ubers is n00bish. This is the only time I ever regretted that the tiers thingy doesn't exist in canon.

Manene!

Personally, I would have preferred something other than Latios. Like, a strong, non-Legendary Pokemon. I don't like the idea that Takuta has a bunch of Legendary Pokemon on his team. Darkrai, I can deal with it, it's cheap, but I can deal with it. If he sent out something like Zoroark or Salamence, I would have been okay with it. Two Legendary Pokemon was overkill, imo.

oran berry

the world ahead
I felt pretty good with this ending. If it wasn't for an overpowered Takuto, Satoshi probably would have won the tournament. The fact that his Sceptile and Pikachu took down two legendaries, Darkrai and Latios, are more than enough to satisfy me~

I really did wish they had played an image song or an insert song like they have been doing with all the other awesome moments in DP.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Personally, I would have preferred something other than Latios. Like, a strong, non-Legendary Pokemon. I don't like the idea that Takuta has a bunch of Legendary Pokemon on his team. Darkrai, I can deal with it, it's cheap, but I can deal with it. If he sent out something like Zoroark or Salamence, I would have been okay with it. Two Legendary Pokemon was overkill, imo.

Well he was known as the Legendary trainer not the Darkrai trainer, now we know why he is the Legendary trainer.

PokemonFan_Samuel

Pikachu's Owner
If we don't see Takuto in the next saga, I would say the ending was really awful.
That being said, HURRAY for Ash!!!

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
I can't say I like the fact that Takuto had 2 legendaries. I'd rather have enjoyed the remainder of Ash's poke'mon fighting Takuto's normal poke'mon. That is to say Sceptile beating another normal poke'mon after taking out Darkrai. Swellow gets 2 wins, and Pikachu another 1. I don't mind if Ash lost after that. But it could've been worse. And with which attack was Darkrai K.Oed?

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Did Swellow at least manage to land an attack?

Yes, Swellow did try to survive vs Latios, even not so bad.
I think it used a new move, maybe Scary Face? Or Roar? Someone knows what was it?

Well he was known as the Legendary trainer not the Darkrai trainer, now we know why he is the Legendary trainer.

Sceptile is awesome taking down the seemingly invincible Darkrai!!!

This definetely places Sceptile as Ash's Strongest Pokemon. Far above Charizard. Moan all you want Charizard lovers.

Poor Torkoal ko'ed in 1 hit shame was expecting more, maybe he should of started with Over heat against darkrai instead of Flamethrower.

I wonder what the final 4 pokemon are for Takuto? this could be strong indication he has 6 legendaries? he may also have latios's counterpart Latias?( forgot its name xD).

Pauls battle was still epic though better then this roflpwn. Shame they had to rush the league ( Stupid pokemon contests - Needs to go it's pointless and waste of time!. Ash could be shown training his pokemon more often if it wasnt for crappy contests).

1.Sceptile
2.Charizard
3.Infernape

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I was totally shocked that Latios was the big boss to be defeated in the end. I thought Darkrai would be the boss Ash had to overcome to win the battle. He beat it and then we get Latios out of left field it seems. I was proud of Pikachu though since it tied with a Legendary but the rest of the battle was horrible, even if I did know it would be really short. Ash's defeat personally stung :x

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
Sorry to disagree with you Byakuya, Charizard would own Sceptile in a battle any day of the week. Remember, Darkrai also got hit by Gible and Heracross before succumbing to Sceptile. I agree that Sceptile is gonna be Ash's #2 though.