• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Semi-Final Frontier! (657)

RafaSceptile

That was XYZ fault for getting us excited with all the drama and Ash's words after defeating wulfric.
Nah, it was more our fault for believing that XY would break the status quo when it never dared to.
However, even with this episode, the Sinnoh League is very easily in the shortlist of good leagues (Johto-Sinnoh-Alola), and possibly the best of them.

Nah, it was more our fault for believing that XY would break the status quo when it never dared to.
However, even with this episode, the Sinnoh League is very easily in the shortlist of good leagues (Johto-Sinnoh-Alola), and possibly the best of them.
We all believed that precisely because in XYZ they sold us the idea that Ash was completely focused and every time he said "I'll win the League" he was accompanied by a background music That made you believe that he could make it, plus that was his first final

Personally I consider Kalos League in Top 3 best leagues, after all it still had 4 Battles

RafaSceptile

We all believed that precisely because in XYZ they sold us the idea that Ash was completely focused and every time he said "I'll win the League" he was accompanied by a background music That made you believe that he could make it, plus that was his first final

Personally I consider Kalos League in Top 3 best leagues, after all it still had 4 Battles
My main problem with the Kalos League is how rushed it was in an unnecesary way. The Johto League showed a lot of Ash's battles and the 6vs6 were great, especially in early 2000s. The Sinnoh League showed that even if Ash reach to the final rounds, you can show the previous rounds as well. As for the Alola League, if you take the last 7 episodes (which is the average of previous leagues), you have a 7 episodes arc as good as previous leagues, with 10 extra episodes increasing the value of those 7 final episodes (some of them are meh, but still better than generic filler episodes).
Also in all of those leagues we had an average of 3-4 episodes with 6vs6 battles. I think like after those 3 leagues, Kalos is my 4th choise, which is the mid term between the 7 leagues (not counting the Orange League because 2 episodes arc).

Leonhart

Imagineer
At least Alain was previously built and the MCX force had already shown itself, defeating a E4
(Ash has always been humiliated by any E4 member), Not to mention that he had an important role during XYZ. Tobias is Just a cheap trick that screams to the skies : LUUL I WAS JUST CREATED TO KICK ASH'S B*TT AGAIN.
Realistically speaking though, how else were the writers going to wrap up the Shinou League after having three episodes dedicated to Satoshi versus Shinji, and only this episode to finish the tournament? Some have said that they could've cut down on some of the earlier Shinou League episodes, but I found that all of them were necessary in order to either reintroduce Satoshi's reserves again, or to show important battles involving Jun, Kohei, and Naoshi.

RafaSceptile

Realistically speaking though, how else were the writers going to wrap up the Shinou League after having three episodes dedicated to Satoshi versus Shinji, and only this episode to finish the tournament? Some have said that they could've cut down on some of the earlier Shinou League episodes, but I found that all of them were necessary in order to either reintroduce Satoshi's reserves again, or to show important battles involving Jun, Kohei, and Naoshi.
Idk, maybe not doing DP181 having 1 extra episode for the league? Buck was cool, but I think it was a filler episode (the same happened with Kalos and XY124)

Honestly I think Ash’s loss to Tobias was fair since: A. He shouldn’t have won Sinnoh anyways and B. He fought hard taking out Darkrai and Latios.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Found out today this episode was written by Masashi Sogo. And all because he'll be writting the upcoming Digimon Ghost Game.

But what I found interesting is that this appears to be his last episode in the show.

And it gets better.

Shinzo Fujita, who was a veteran in the show but left after XY, had his last episode be... Ash vs Alain in the Kalos League finals.

Curious finding out the writers of two controversial league battles left after doing those.

I already finished AG so I was watching this episode (Sceptile, Torkoal and Swellow perfomance).

What the heck happened to Torkoal? He had had a good fight against Registeel and here he just loses in the stupidest way possible.

Ok Sceptile, I hadn't taken into account that Dream Eater recovers the user's energy, so Sceptile is extremely strong. No doubts.

Infernape (Blaze) > Charizard / Sceptile > Dragonite > Infernape > Lucario

RafaSceptile

I already finished AG so I was watching this episode (Sceptile, Torkoal and Swellow perfomance).

What the heck happened to Torkoal? He had had a good fight against Registeel and here he just loses in the stupidest way possible.

Ok Sceptile, I hadn't taken into account that Dream Eater recovers the user's energy, so Sceptile is extremely strong. No doubts.

Probably personal bias but I would rate Sceptile over Infernape. And Charizard as well.

Charizard and Sceptile are better than Greninja

Probably personal bias but I would rate Sceptile over Infernape. And Charizard as well.
But remember that Infernape can use Blaze for a short period, idk if Sceptile is stronger than that.

Although Sceptile defeated two Spenser's pokemon, who should be close to E4 level.

RafaSceptile

But remember that Infernape can use Blaze for a short period, idk if Sceptile is stronger than that.

Although Sceptile defeated two Spenser's pokemon, who should be close to E4 level.
Charizard has Blaze, Incineroar has Blaze, and Sceptile has Overgroth. I take it, defeating Paul's Electivire is impressive, but imo defeating Noland's Articuno or Tobias' Darkrai is even better.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
While Tobias appearing out of nowhere with an OP team just to defeat Ash is some of the weirdest things I've ever seen in the anime, at least the writers were pretty honest with what we was. The characters(especially Brock) literally admitted he was some random OP guy who had a DARKRAI and a LATIOS somehow
He must have turned away the Elite Four challenge because no way he would end up at least being a new Elite

Also while some Ash team members were a complete joke(Gible? Really?) Sceptile and Pikachu put up pretty good fights, and the finale with Luster Purge vs Volt Tackle deserved to be used in a league final

Last edited:
Happy 12th anniversary to Ash’s second strongest Pokemon (JN team are frauds) being clutch god and defeating Darkrai.
Second best moment of the Sinnoh League.

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon
You know its funny how the Kalos League got so much backlash but why doesn't anyone talk about what happened in the Sinnoh league. This guy Tobias was using both a Darkari and a Latios. Both are Legendary Pokemon. When I first saw this I was so baffled by what they did. Ash was doing so well and that battle against Paul from the last episode was great but then this guy Tobias shows up out of nowhere with a Darkari and just destroys his entire team. Of course Darkari went down when Ash was down to his 5th Pokemon but then of course Latios shows up.

I just went "WTF?!" and thought to myself "This guy has a team of legendary Pokemon" To me this feels so unfair. I just don't know what the writers were thinking. This just felt so unnecessarily for Ash to lose like this. I mean at least Pikachu was able to take down Latios but still they both were unable to battle and Ash lost. We may never know what Tobia's last 4 Pokemon were since we only saw his Darkari and Latios thats it. I feel like this felt so cheap for Ash to lose like this. I think I remember just rage quitting watching the anime at this point.

You know its funny how the Kalos League got so much backlash but why doesn't anyone talk about what happened in the Sinnoh league. This guy Tobias was using both a Darkari and a Latios. Both are Legendary Pokemon. When I first saw this I was so baffled by what they did. Ash was doing so well and that battle against Paul from the last episode was great but then this guy Tobias shows up out of nowhere with a Darkari and just destroys his entire team. Of course Darkari went down when Ash was down to his 5th Pokemon but then of course Latios shows up.

I just went "WTF?!" and thought to myself "This guy has a team of legendary Pokemon" To me this feels so unfair. I just don't know what the writers were thinking. This just felt so unnecessarily for Ash to lose like this. I mean at least Pikachu was able to take down Latios but still they both were unable to battle and Ash lost. We may never know what Tobia's last 4 Pokemon were since we only saw his Darkari and Latios thats it. I feel like this felt so cheap for Ash to lose like this. I think I remember just rage quitting watching the anime at this point.
What happens is that Kalos League was the straw that broke the camel's back in times when the internet was much more active