• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Semi-Final Frontier! (657)

Though to be fair this defeat was expected that he would be hammered even after defeating paul.

just didnt think the defeat would be this severe? Maybe the writers should of let Ash use all his strongest pokemon ??

Sceptile
Charizard
Infernape ( if not too injured?)
Torterra
Snorlax
Pikachu

Even if its not much varied in types go for brute power might of lasted longer will never know. :(

Indragon

Back in the USSR
I can't say I like the fact that Takuto had 2 legendaries. I'd rather have enjoyed the remainder of Ash's poke'mon fighting Takuto's normal poke'mon. That is to say Sceptile beating another normal poke'mon after taking out Darkrai. Swellow gets 2 wins, and Pikachu another 1. I don't mind if Ash lost after that. But it could've been worse. And with which attack was Darkrai K.Oed?

An epic Leaf Blade.

Yes, Swellow did try to survive vs Latios, even not so bad.
I think it used a new move, maybe Scary Face? Or Roar? Someone knows what was it?

I don't think it used anything that even remotely looks like those two. Swellow can't even learn those attacks >.> No new moves, as far as I can tell.

Sorry to disagree with you Byakuya, Charizard would own Sceptile in a battle any day of the week. Remember, Darkrai also got hit by Gible and Heracross before succumbing to Sceptile. I agree that Sceptile is gonna be Ash's #2 though.

YE right, Gible and Heracross hardly did anything to Darkrai to remotely give Sceptile the upperhand.

Id love to see a fight between Sceptile v Charizard even though type disadvantage Sceptile would win!. Charizard isnt even a pokemon Trainer by Ash for the most part!.

Sceptile is even though he's been at Oaks for a while now, Sceptile is stronger thats reality.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
Though to be fair this defeat was expected that he would be hammered even after defeating paul.

just didnt think the defeat would be this severe? Maybe the writers should of let Ash use all his strongest pokemon ??

Sceptile
Charizard
Infernape ( if not too injured?)
Torterra
Snorlax
Pikachu

Even if its not much varied in types go for brute power might of lasted longer will never know. :(

Yeah, I'd have enjoyed that except for the fact that Torterra is there. I lost a lot of faith in it. Kingler/Muk would be more suitable there. Besides they need redemption as well.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Using ubers is n00bish. This is the only time I ever regretted that the tiers thingy doesn't exist in canon.
Seems like the exact opposite in the anime. The fact he's using legendary Pokemon shows his skills as a trainer to be able to catch these Pokemon.

The "using ubers is n00bish" mindset is idiotic. They're all Pokemon, you use whatever Pokemon you want legendary or not. Takuto is using the Pokemon that he feels will help him achive victory and it worked.

The guy has these legendary Pokemon. He'd be a fool if he didn't use them.

Yeah, I'd have enjoyed that except for the fact that Torterra is there. I lost a lot of faith in it. Kingler/Muk would be more suitable there. Besides they need redemption as well.

Indeed the other pokemon need redemption but this battle isn't the one i feel. :D

Torterra hasn't won but it's battled well and is still learning it's trade shame it never learnt Solar Beam. That was disappointing, he had a move in Synthesis he Barely used what was the point in keeping it?? Solar Beam was the better choice.

But Torterra is open to being replaced by Donphan :D

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
That was the best part.

It's like knocking down a brick wall only to find a steel wall behind it.

I love that they did this in a Pokemon anime. Everyone thought Darkrai was going to be the big contender.

True that, I mean my jaw just dropped ten inches when I saw Latios come out of the ball, then my frame froze and I was like.. darn..

Anyway, might as well get this out of the way for the complainers.. Ash is the only person in the entire region of Sinnoh, to have beaten Takuto's Darkrai. Doesn't that say enough? Even moreso, he beat the monster AFTER DARKRAI as well.. That's probably the best outcome anybody has ever done against him.. That's why Ash was so happy during the finals! Takuto beat that trainer with only Darkrai, making him come the closest to beating the Sinnoh League Champion!

Two legendaries might be cheap, but Ash put up a hell of a fight.

Well he was known as the Legendary trainer not the Darkrai trainer, now we know why he is the Legendary trainer.

I always thought that we started calling him that since that article said: 'Ash will battle a legendary'... Boy, were we trolled.. One legendary wasn't enough, no.. they have to use two!

It's like AG.. Ash has to deal with this beat two legendaries quota.. A flying from a past region and one from the current! xD

I can't say I like the fact that Takuto had 2 legendaries. I'd rather have enjoyed the remainder of Ash's pokemon fighting Takuto's normal pokemon. That is to say Sceptile beating another normal pokemon after taking out Darkrai. Swellow gets 2 wins, and Pikachu another one. I don't mind if Ash lost after that. But it could've been worse. And with which attack was Darkrai K.Oed?

At least now we got the answer as to how Takuto was able to capture a legendary: he used a legendary to do so.

Why would you want Swellow to get two wins? Its Ash's worst bird, maybe fastest, but it has nothing else that the others don't have.

Yes, Swellow did try to survive vs Latios, even not so bad.
I think it used a new move, maybe Scary Face? Or Roar? Someone knows what was it?

It can't learn either of those moves.. I think it just had a wtf face.. then Latios wtf faced it back..

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
YE right, Gible and Heracross hardly did anything to Darkrai to remotely give Sceptile the upperhand.

Id love to see a fight between Sceptile v Charizard even though type disadvantage Sceptile would win!. Charizard isnt even a pokemon Trainer by Ash for the most part!.

Sceptile is even though he's been at Oaks for a while now, Sceptile is stronger thats reality.

Lets not turn it into a Charizard vs Sceptile thread, and instead talk about the episode.
So a Leaf Blade took out Darkrai. I was hoping Solar Beam atleast!

But Torterra is open to being replaced by Donphan
Donphan's a good choice, but I still think that Muk and Kingler could've pulled off a better job.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
This definetely places Sceptile as Ash's Strongest Pokemon. Far above Charizard. Moan all you want Charizard lovers.
Actually I'd say Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Charizard and Sceptile are all equals. I don't include Squirtle because it hasn't proved itself the way the other four have. Pikachu, Charizard and Sceptile have all beat Legendary Pokemon while Bulbasaur has beat a Dusclops that beat Charizard (not to mention the tie with Meganium).

Indragon

Back in the USSR

Uh..they did do a decent bit of damage. There's no way Darkrai's going to roll over after a single Leaf Blade, y'know?

Let's not pass on such things as "fact", shall we?

eryyy

Ace Trainer
Two freaking legendary pokemon?! Wow, that's really freaking cheap! I can live with the darkrai but a latios?! What would he have sent out next? Mewtwo?

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
At least now we got the answer as to how Takuto was able to capture a legendary: he used a legendary to do so.

Why would you want Swellow to get two wins? Its Ash's worst bird, maybe fastest, but it has nothing else that the others don't have.

Swellow might not have anything openly, but when plot empowered, it got godly endurance, that made it a multi-winner in the Hoenn League. But I am still disappointed by the way it got beaten by Latios like that.

Actually I'd say Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Charizard and Sceptile are all equals. I don't include Squirtle because it hasn't proved itself the way the other four have. Pikachu, Charizard and Sceptile have all beat Legendary Pokemon while Bulbasaur has beat a Dusclops that beat Charizard (not to mention the tie with Meganium).

Bulbasaur? It's strong in it's first stage but no way is it on par with Sceptile/Charizard. I'd say Bulba is on par if not strongest the Bayleaf and thats saying alot itself!.

it was Leaf Storm most of us we;re expecting that Sceptile learnt, great fight Gible put up a decent fight until it was knocked out :p theres hope for the little guy who's fast building a decent reputation

Uh..they did do a decent bit of damage. There's no way Darkrai's going to roll over after a single Leaf Blade, y'know?

Let's not pass on such things as "fact", shall we?

Yet darkrai showed no sign of damage, that it was still being effected by the 2 attacks in the loss against Sceptile. Gotta love the Charizard lovers trying to make excuses lol

Indragon

Back in the USSR

Meh, I think Swellow's pretty epic.

So a Leaf Blade took out Darkrai. I was hoping Solar Beam atleast!

Nah, Leaf Blade's the classic Grovyle/Sceptile thing :p

Yet darkrai showed no sign of damage, that it was still being effected by the 2 attacks in the loss against Sceptile. Gotta love the Charizard lovers trying to make excuses lol

Oh? I'd like to see when Pokemon hold up their arms and show signs of damage while battling. One sees the damage when Darkrai was hit by the attacks. Not 10 minutes later.

Last edited:
Meh, I think Swellow's pretty epic.

Nah, Leaf Blade's the classic Grovyle/Sceptile thing :p

Can anyone remember Solar Beam being used at anypoint through out Sinnoh? i sure can't. And yep Leaf blade is it's trademark move gotta love it :p

Pokeshippers

AAML Livin The Dream
Yet darkrai showed no sign of damage

There is no way to proove who is the strongest so what is the point with this argument? Sceptile has gotten stronger at Oaks, so Charizard may be even stronger from Charicific Valley, there is no way to proove who is better, the Charizard fans will scream Charizard and the Sceptile fans will scream Sceptile, I'll just settle with them being equal in terms of strength, yet Charizard may win for type-advantage (yes it doesn't matter much in the anime, but since I think they are equal in strength, as in Sceptile is faster, Charizard is stronger in strength then they equal each other via other stats) but I think Charizard may win it but we can't be sure so there is no point in arguing over it.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
Come on, Gible's Draco Meter, and a super effective Mega Horn has to have effect on Darkrai. If you expect a monster like that to be beaten by a single Leaf Blade, and that Sceptile has grown all super saiyan powerful just by one win, you are wrong on that.
Its true that Sceptile is one of Ash's trump cards, lets not forget about the writer's moods.

Last edited:
Sceptile winning against an unbeatable Darkrai?

Swellow is the other pokemon Ash had (now it made sense why it wasn't shown in the previews, it was because it was going up against Takuto's Latios which was the surprise pokemon and they probably couldn't pull a scene with just Swellow attacking like they did with Pikachu). Even if it lost, it's nice to see Ash picked it for the match.

Takuto has not one, but two legendaries...and Ash beat them both. Sure Ash lost in the end but, it's nice to see that he came out of the Sinnoh league beating the undefeated Darkrai and also taking down a Latios.

So epic! This league is just awesome, Infernape being awesome in the Paul match, Sceptile being awesome against Darkrai...so much greatness in this league, I love it!