• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Semi-Final Frontier! (657)

Hey I have a big favor for someone, can someone blow up that pic where it shows Takuto Vs. another trainer, I'm having a tough time figuring out some of those pokemon, I can see the guy has a Mr. Mime, Raichu, Magmortar....I'm kinda assuming since the one circle is just pure black that the pokemon's face is round soo its either Voltorb or Electrode but the last two are now bugging me.

God... I swear Serebii craps out at the worst times. Anyway, here you go. It's a little blurry but you can still see them just fine.

Looks like you're right about Mr.Mime. I think the circle Pokemon is Magnezone and I don't think he has a Raichu. Looks like he almost has a Pikachu. Can't for the life of me tell what the second and the fifth ones are.

I put it in a link because it's a tad big.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff72/Athlynn/thing-1.jpg?t=1282837305

Last edited:

Bubblewrap

Hey I have a big favor for someone, can someone blow up that pic where it shows Takuto Vs. another trainer, I'm having a tough time figuring out some of those pokemon, I can see the guy has a Mr. Mime, Raichu, Magmortar....I'm kinda assuming since the one circle is just pure black that the pokemon's face is round soo its either Voltorb or Electrode but the last two are now bugging me.
http://i37.*******.com/ngoaqc.png
Best I could do! I'll update later with a HQ one!

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
So Ash, you've lost another league. Ah well, we all saw it coming the moment Takuto and Darkrai were revealed.

Despite the loss, this was still a pretty good battle. I pretty much said "YES!" when Sceptile took out Darkrai. But that pretty much went to complete and total awe as soon as Takuto called out Latios. However, the last match of Pikachu Vs. Latios was very tense, and at least Ash managed to take two of Takuto's Pokemon out, both legendaries.
The rest of Ash's Pokemon... well hopefully there's another chance for you guys in the future.

I also can't help fell a little ticked off that they had Takuto take it all and win the league. He's using legendaries, doesn't really seem like he would deserve it.

ok soo that kids team is Mr. Mime, Pikachu, Magmortar, Magnezone, Empoleon, and a Mismagius...............I love that team now lol

Yeah wow, pretty solid team. No wonder he made it so far.

That and the popped collar. What a bad ***. Taking cool lessons from Gary mofo. Oak.

jashuwa

Trainer/Breeder
wtf?! a effin legendary trainer in the finals and he wins by some stranmge double ko rules that only apply to this match. im knda ******. i want5ed to see this dude get pwnd by ash finally. well at least he beat his rival. but the writers need to slow down with the totally out anime stryle stuff like trainers ownin legendaries like that. some standards and continuity would be nice guys

Noah37

Does anyone else see how bad***** Ash was in that episode? He was the only one to defeat Darkrai...period. Not only that but he KOd Latios as well. Officially, Ash is in the Top 4 but clearly he should've placed 2nd. I haven't been this happy about an Ash battle in years. 10/10

Psyburn

Golden Vet
Lmao, the people going "Im proud of Pikachu!" is in denial that this is the worst possible way to F up an end to the series.

Honestly, this is basically "We're gonna make sure Ash gets beaten, but we'll just soften the blow so the fans won't b*tch and moan about it". This episode was fail. The first 3 times he was beaten in a league, Ash went out with a bang. This crap? "LOL HE BEAT DARKRAI SO HE MUST BE GOOD!"

Fail episode is fail.

Raichu4u

I'm not josh'n
Dammit. League should've banned ubers.

dawn hater

Anybody know what was Brock saying to himself when the league ended? It looked like he had already made up his mind to stop traveling in this episode.

Noah37

Lmao, the people going "Im proud of Pikachu!" is in denial that this is the worst possible way to F up an end to the series.

Honestly, this is basically "We're gonna make sure Ash gets beaten, but we'll just soften the blow so the fans won't b*tch and moan about it". This episode was fail. The first 3 times he was beaten in a league, Ash went out with a bang. This crap? "LOL HE BEAT DARKRAI SO HE MUST BE GOOD!"

Fail episode is fail.

A double KO is a soft-loss, I'll admit. But the bang came when he beat Paul, beating two ubers(though I doubt they'd be called as much in their world) is just icing. Plus, this is the furthest Ash has ever gotten (Orange doesn't count) so there's a lot to be happy about. Ash wins and loses all the time. His losses are usually asinine. I am just happy that for once he lost and the loss not only made sense but also didn't feel like fail.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Where the HELL was Charizard? It looked like a Hoenn Pokemon fest, which was redundant since they got enough screentime in Hoenn and in BF too. I mean why was Torkoal there? It's not on par with the likes of Charizard, Sceptile, or Swellow. It would have made more sense if Charizard was there in place of Torkoal.

Oh well, I'm content with Sceptile as a part of Ash's team vs Takuto and taking down Darkrai.

And BTW, Pikachu didn't win against Latios. Althoug he managed to beat Latios, it was technically a tie, not a win for Pikachu

Last edited:

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Where the HELL was Charizard? It looked like a Hoenn Pokemon fest, which was redundant since they got enough screentime in Hoenn and in BF too. I mean why was Torkoal there? It's not on par with the likes of Charizard, Sceptile, or Swellow. It would have made more sense if Charizard was there in place of Torkoal.

Oh well, I'm content with Sceptile as a part of Ash's team vs Takuto and taking down Darkrai.

And BTW, Pikachu didn't win against Latios. Althoug he managed to beat Latios, it was technically a tie, not a win for Pikachu
Simple. Barring Gible, each of the Pokémon Ash used has experience in battling legendary Pokémon (outside of movies)

Sceptile; Deoxys & Regirock
Swellow; Deoxys
Torkoal; Registeel
Pikachu; Regice and a few more I'm probably forgetting

Heracross of course because it's super effective and they gave it Sleep Talk.

You could see the reasoning they would have given Ash for chosing those Pokémon

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin

Simple. Barring Gible, each of the Pokémon Ash used has experience in battling legendary Pokémon (outside of movies)

Swellow; Deoxys
Torkoal; Registeel

Swellow; Deoxys
Torkoal; Registeel

Yeah, the choices looked very obvious. Heracross had type advantage, and the Hoenn pokemon, and Pikachu all faced legendaries.

I'm assuming they gave Gible this match since we're not gonna see it travel with Ash in Isshu and it's just more screentime for it.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I love the writers, they hate turtle pokemon with a passion--;

Look Sceptile deserved to beat Darkrai (not that he did it on his own) ever since the Regirock ordeal i kinda did think Sceptile deserved some kind of awsome kill to add to it's rep and Darkrai is good enough(even if Gible helped out.)

The only thing this establishes is that Sceptile is Ash's best Grass pokemon by far, but that does not mean that it suddenly is stronger than others like Infernape, Charizard, Snorlax and Jason, on par with them definitely but stronger no.

Pikachu beating Latios to a tie...better than the Regice win.

So Pikachu's beaten one legendary and tied with one itself.
Charizard's beaten one by itself.
Sceptile beat one with help from Gible.

Three tough pokemon thier but they ain't the best, people need to stop talking about power fluctuations and talk more about the carnage of the battle and how the writers hate turtle pokemon.

Last edited:

BirdStaraptor

Sinnoh Master
I hate the fact that one of Ash strongest pokemon (Swellow) lost after one hit!!

what did Ash say to Swellow after it's losing to Latias??