• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Semi-Final Frontier! (657)

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
This was the best match Ash has had in a pokemon league. Landing top 4 is his personal best (excluding Orange Islands and Battle Frontier). Tobias was bound win with the two pokemon he used since they are both legendary. Ash was the first one to defeat his Darkrai and manages to knock out his Latios despite Pikachu fainting as well. A shame that we don't see Tobias's other pokemon but this battle was really good. 9/10 for effort.

As a huge fan of Sinnoh's League up until the ending, I wish Ash versus Tobias had been two episodes long. But Ash's Sceptile did so good here. :)

Leonhart

Imagineer
Finally, the Shinou League final. For all the complaints that I've seen regarding Satoshi losing to Takuto over the years, I liked this match. Jukain showed his worth by defeating Darkrai, and even Pikachu's true talent was shown when he tied with Latios. Things could've been much worse.

Paul1985

Ana de Armas fan
An OK episode and I'm glad Sceptile was the one to defeat Darkrai.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Too bad that Ash faced such a hard-to-defeat opponent for what turned out to be his last Sinnoh League match. He was as outclassed by Tobias here as he was against Paul at Lake Acuity.~

Alloutℯ

Banned
It's just disappointing that after the DP arc has been airing for years it comes to a close with such a rushed Pokemon League. Even more so because there are countless filler episodes that are completely forgettable. I'm not surprised at all, the writing just seems to low quality.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
It's just disappointing that after the DP arc has been airing for years it comes to a close with such a rushed Pokemon League. Even more so because there are countless filler episodes that are completely forgettable. I'm not surprised at all, the writing just seems to low quality.

The Ash vs Paul battle wasn't rushed at all... THREE EPISODES for a battle?

I like how people weren't that salty when Ash lost, while in XY Ash had to move to a tropical region in order to contain all the salt...

Leonhart

Imagineer
I like how people weren't that salty when Ash lost, while in XY Ash had to move to a tropical region in order to contain all the salt...

Reading through the first half of this thread, I got the feeling that the majority of viewers were upset by Satoshi's loss here. Perhaps that's changed over the years, but the consensus at first seemed to be that Satoshi deserved to win, and/or that he should've at least defeated more of Takuto's Pokemon before losing.

Reading through the first half of this thread, I got the feeling that the majority of viewers were upset by Satoshi's loss here. Perhaps that's changed over the years, but the consensus at first seemed to be that Satoshi deserved to win, and/or that he should've at least defeated more of Takuto's Pokemon before losing.

They could of made Ash at lease use some of his strongest Pokemon instead of using one of his weakeast (Torkoal)

SinnohEevee

I will never forgive them for the trolling they gave us.

STICKTOPIA

They could of made Ash at lease use some of his strongest Pokemon instead of using one of his weakeast (Torkoal)
they made torkoal a really big joke in this battle. And I expected more out of swellow as well.

I will never forgive them for the trolling they gave us.
what trolling?

Leonhart

Imagineer

While I wouldn't have minded too much if Satoshi had used something more impressive than Cotoise against Takuto in this match, I can just imagine the wrath of most viewers if Satoshi had used something stronger like Lizardon instead, only for him to lose anyway.

While I wouldn't have minded too much if Satoshi had used something more impressive than Cotoise against Takuto in this match, I can just imagine the wrath of most viewers if Satoshi had used something stronger like Lizardon instead, only for him to lose anyway.

I know that's the reason they didn't use stronger Pokemon. But by not using his stronger Pokemon it made it feel as if Ash wasn't trying

Vulpicks

I've always had such mixed feelings about this episode. On one hand, it's always lots of fun to see Ash face off against legends, he's using his reserves (I absolutely adore his Hoenn team), Pikachu vs. Latios is one of the most exciting pulse-pounding battles in the series, and Sceptile was awesome.

On the other, the rest of the Hoenn team were treated like complete garbage. They deserved far better than that. Torkoal and Swellow have both proven themselves against legends, so they definitely deserved a better performance than that trash, and it's painful that this ends up being their final battles and what they're remembered for—getting OHKOed.

Swellow was always absurdly bulky, so it should've tanked a couple hits and landed one or two itself. Torkoal's defense was always praised as well, as demonstrated when it took tons of abuse from Registeel and nearly won. It deserved to tank a few shots and land a hit. I'm glad they at least made its Flamethrower look especially powerful.

Gible was given WAY too much credit and should have never even been brought to the fight. It's literally the newest member on his team and a basic stage Pokemon. A week before this in universe it wasn't even close to mastering Draco Meteor, and now Tobias says it's suddenly capable of OHKOing almost anything? They're just trying to make up for it appearing at the tailend of the series. They should've given that slot to Torterra, honestly.

I understand they were pressed for time so they could get to the Best Wishes filth, but it honestly would've been better to just off-screen some of the action so the reserves don't look so pathetic. Torkoal and Swellow OHKOed by Dark Pulse and Luster Purge respectively is such a joke.