• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Semifinals I: Sweep (1211)

The name puns of Vic and Toria in reference to Victor and Gloria are gold though
Probably not purposely as those are the English names, but a fun coincidence
I immediately thought of the name Victoria, ie Queen Victoria

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Serebii where people complain about complain about complain about complain about complain about complaining……..
oh **** i am also complaining……
Poketubers are complaining too. I didn't watch the episode, but I didn't expect much of the Master 8 ever since Leon vs Alain was shown.

sutellakiara

Shirona, my beloved...
To be fair, no one should care what some mediocre clout chasers think
I think the point is that if even Poketubers, who defend anything Pokemon does like if their life and that of their firstborn depend on it, are complaining, the situation is really dire.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
I think the point is that if even Poketubers, who defend anything Pokemon does like if their life and that of their firstborn depend on it, are complaining, the situation is really dire.
I think it’s quite the opposite - most jump on any bandwagon they see for the clout. They see that some people criticize the Masters Tournament, so they start crucifying it in their videos, which makes the fans even angrier at the anime. It’s like a spiral of hatred and overreaction.

Of course, there are some really good poketubers too, but I can count them on one hand.

PaperCutVictim

Not a fan of the episode, but I also don't hate it as much as most; Goh catching up on notes for Project Mew was fine, seeing Ash's team training always makes me happy, Dragonite's hug/tackle as soon as training was over was cute, the interactions between Ash and Cynthia, the brief look at Cynthia's past, and even the initial meeting with the kids was alright (I really liked how Vic imitated Ash calling for 10 Million Volt Thunderbolt); these were fine. But the part I truly begrudge was when Toria got lost, and then we spent time on the evolution of a random pokemon. Why was this in? Is this going to be symbolically relevant at the end of the battle or something? Is this relevant to Cynthia's line about retirement? Is she actually going to retire instead of it being a bait and switch? I'm still withholding judgment on this until the semis are over, but I'm still not happy about it. I especially begrudge it because we could have had those few minutes for fleshing out the stomp even just a tiny bit more and making it easier to swallow, or more interaction with Ash and Cynthia or something. I don't know about anyone else, but I liked that whole bit of Cynthia massaging Garchomp to get her warmed up for the upcoming battle.

What little of the battle we saw, well... Yeah. I've already gone more into detail elsewhere about what I see wrong with Leon's portrayal in the M8, and I'm feeling lazy, so I'll just say he looks way too strong right now. However, I give props to when Mega Gardevoir used Psychic to take control of the G-Max Wildfire and genuinely surprised Leon. That was cool. I don't even mind that it didn't work out; just pulling that move was still super sweet. I hope Ash's Gengar still has Psychic, because it may want to try that sometime soon. :p

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I think it’s quite the opposite - most jump on any bandwagon they see for the clout. They see that some people criticize the Masters Tournament, so they start crucifying it in their videos, which makes the fans even angrier at the anime. It’s like a spiral of hatred and overreaction.

Of course, there are some really good poketubers too, but I can count them on one hand.
Which ones are your favourites? I haven't listened to toooo many but so far the main ones that I can stand listening to are mysticumbreon, and hoopsandhiphop. But I also don't search poketubers out too often so I haven't tried many others, and could not tell you which ones I have tried without going through a long history search lol.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Which ones are your favourites? I haven't listened to toooo many but so far the main ones that I can stand listening to are mysticumbreon, and hoopsandhiphop. But I also don't search poketubers out too often so I haven't tried many others, and could not tell you which ones I have tried without going through a long history search lol.
Mysticumbreon gives cirques on series or things he’s never even seen so grain of salt. Most YouTubers aren’t really bashing it but just voicing their disappointment.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Mysticumbreon gives cirques on series or things he’s never even seen so grain of salt. Most YouTubers aren’t really bashing it but just voicing their disappointment.
I like mysticUmbreon's top ten lists lol they entertain me when I'm looking for some random pokemon opinions even if I disagree half the time, but I didn't know about giving opinions on other series or things as I only watch the pokemon vids.

Also hiphop guy is cute imo so that's why I like his videos even if I don't always agree lol, I do find him entertaining a part from that too though.

Last edited:

GLTSRY

Oh I remember those! I used to watch some of their videos years ago when I was more active in the community, but they never really were my favs.

My favorite is JPRPoketrainer98. He uploads only 1 video per week, so he can maintain a certain level of quality both with his research and editing. He’s covering mostly stuff about the games though, anime videos are scarce.

For the anime I like watching LumioseTrainerZac. He has reviews for older series and for each JN episodes. What I like about him is that he is positive yet still objective - he criticizes the series if it deserves to be criticized (eg the recap episodes), but he also gives credit where credit is due and tries to find the positives.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Oh I remember those! I used to watch some of their videos years ago when I was more active in the community, but they never really were my favs.

My favorite is JPRPoketrainer98. He uploads only 1 video per week, so he can maintain a certain level of quality both with his research and editing. He’s covering mostly stuff about the games though, anime videos are scarce.

For the anime I like watching LumioseTrainerZac. He has reviews for older series and for each JN episodes. What I like about him is that he is positive yet still objective - he criticizes the series if it deserves to be criticized (eg the recap episodes), but he also gives credit where credit is due and tries to find the positives.
I just checked out LumioseTrainerZac and I have seen him before and liked him! I think he was in the beginning when I started searching and didn't start subscribing yet. I'll subscribe to JRPPoketrainer98 too now, I like what I see so far from the one video lol.

GLTSRY

I'll subscribe to JRPPoketrainer98 too now, I like what I see so far from the one video lol.
That’s great! I think he doesn’t get enough views for the effort he puts into his videos. Especially his “What happened to Pokémon Z” video is one I can recommend - it was one of his newer (and more popular) videos.

I just checked out LumioseTrainerZac and I have seen him before and liked him! I think he was in the beginning when I started searching and didn't start subscribing yet. I'll subscribe to JRPPoketrainer98 too now, I like what I see so far from the one video lol.
Love JPR and LumioseTrainerZac! I also love Pokeferlax and Professor Alex Silver! I also like Charusaru and RONIN Charizard and Zanolith for rewrites. RAF is now just speculation, PRB12 is perverted, and Entity Mays and AayanicBond/Shiniest Zoroark went to the dark side.
I also love Patterz and MandJTV

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Love JPR and LumioseTrainerZac! I also love Pokeferlax and Professor Alex Silver! I also like Charusaru and RONIN Charizard and Zanolith for rewrites. RAF is now just speculation, PRB12 is perverted, and Entity Mays and AayanicBond/Shiniest Zoroark went to the dark side.
I also love Patterz and MandJTV
I'll be sure to check these all out also! Thank-you for a good list of tubers to check out!

I'll be sure to check these all out also! Thank-you for a good list of tubers to check out!
Warning- EntityMays is a pedo and Aayan is a doxer