• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Semifinals I: Sweep (1211)

Morax

King of heroes
Got her behind handed to her by star platinum Charizard
This episode in a nutshell.
images

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Even worse than I thought! A bloody shame!

So a lost at the league but with a little girl. Did they sacrifice Leon vs Diantha FOR THIS?!? That backstory sounded generic as hell.

5/10. This is JN083 all over again.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
For those wondering:

Dragapult vs Hawlucha -> Dragapult
Dragapult vs Tyrantrum -> Tyrantrum
Rillaboom vs Tyrantrum -> Rillaboom
Rillaboom vs Aurorus -> Rillaboom
Rillaboom vs Gourgeist -> Rillaboom
Rillaboom vs Goodra -> Rillaboom
Rillaboom vs Guardevoir -> Guardevoir
Charizard vs Guardevoir -> Charizard

AARTX

Dead inside…
Can’t wait for all the "Pokemon 2019 - Worse than BW" videos on YouTube once this is all over.

Hell, a whole season just for Behind-The-Scenes on JN’s production is more interesting than the show at this point. Just so that I can see how the staff make complete fools out of themselves every episode.

It also doubles as a documentary on how animators are basically treated as slaves in the industry so win-win

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
So basically this episode was a half version of lost at the league the only difference was that diantha vs leon match was going on in between this.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Can’t wait for all the "Pokemon 2019 - Worse than BW" videos on YouTube once this is all over.
Can't blame them
Hell, a whole season just for Behind-The-Scenes on JN’s production is more interesting than the show at this point. Just so that I can see how the staff make complete fools out of themselves every episode.
Would be a nice drama series. Would definitely watch it.
It also doubles as a documentary on how animators are basically treated as slaves in the industry so win-win
Double W!
Obviously. It's just a joke based on some posts saying how Journeys is so amazing for giving Cynthia a backstory and how it handles Cynthia better than the previous series.

What a backstory it is.
Lol in text it is hard to know for sure.

squirtle009

Lmaooo Diantha got swept by Rillaboom of all things and couldn’t land a hit on Charizard while MG was defeated in 2 hits.

Felt like they were trying to justify Alain’s loss with this episode, because this was just humiliatingly bad.
Maybe dragapult swept her team. We'd never know

RetroPokeFan

Wow. Cynthia's backstory wasn't much of a backstory. It was just "I raised Garchomp when it was a Gible, we're the best partners now."

Like come on folks, this is a battle quite a few are excited for, you could have done so much more instead of wasting most of the episode on Lost at the League 2: Electric Boogaloo (tell us how she became a champion, how it was like back then, any motivations and stuff) but hey JN be JN.

Not a good first impression for what's to come.

As for the battle, not even worth talking about.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Back in DP, Cynthia revealed to Ash that she used to be like Paul, focused only on getting stronger when she was younger, causing her to hurt Pokémon with her reckless behavior. This backstory with young Cynthia would be far more interesting to explore.
When did she tell Ash she was like Paul & hurt pokémon when she was younger? I don’t remember her mentioning any of that

Sinnoh Ash

Electrifying Hair
Welp this was somehow worst than I expected. I thought this was going to be a "Charizard is the actual strong one on Leon's team and the only reason he destroyed Diantha was because he sent it out early." But nope! Rillaboom did a lot of the work instead. In a way I guess this helps Alain's cred. He's basically on par with Diantha again since he was able to take out a gimmicked Rillaboom with 3 Pokemon. Oh well, on to next week and the only actual battle I've cared about being excited for this whole tournament xD