• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Semifinals I: Sweep (1211)

Sham

The Guardian of War
I just checked out LumioseTrainerZac and I have seen him before and liked him! I think he was in the beginning when I started searching and didn't start subscribing yet. I'll subscribe to JRPPoketrainer98 too now, I like what I see so far from the one video lol.
Oh my gosh I love LunoiseTrainerZac. Tbh being a Pokétubber seems like it‘a a lot of fun
I like mysticUmbreon's top ten lists lol they entertain me when I'm looking for some random pokemon opinions even if I disagree half the time, but I didn't know about giving opinions on other series or things as I only watch the pokemon vids.

Also hiphop guy is cute imo so that's why I like his videos even if I don't always agree lol, I do find him entertaining a part from that too though.
I’ll try to watch hiphop guys as well and oh okay understood about Mystic

Last edited:

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Love JPR and LumioseTrainerZac! I also love Pokeferlax and Professor Alex Silver! I also like Charusaru and RONIN Charizard and Zanolith for rewrites. RAF is now just speculation, PRB12 is perverted, and Entity Mays and AayanicBond/Shiniest Zoroark went to the dark side.
I also love Patterz and MandJTV
I've subscribed to LumioseTrainerZac, Charusharu, and Professor Alex Silver. JPR is pretty good too. These four all have really good content and presentation styles. My kids really like PokeTips.

Hoops and Hip Hop would be a lot better if he didn't repeat himself constantly. He has great content...but dude needs a script.

Not a fan of Raf (pure clout chasing), Pokeferlax (constant negativity in the videos I've seen) or MandJTV (his product placement/sponsor spots are hilarious, but his presentation style just annoys me). They all have well-produced videos, but I just don't like something about their content.

DayQuil95

Exactly why I think it's dumb to call it plot armor when the definition of plot armor in of itself is giving a character that shouldn't be on that level of power or skill the ability to suddenly matchup things he was never implied to be capable of, where this is the complete opposite for Leon. Plot arm
I realized now that I accidentally sent that before finishing lmfao.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Speaking of Poketubers, im sorry but TyranitarTube is the GOAT
Moved on from his clickbaiting era of the past (which honestly never bothered me because he needed that) and actively makes fun of his past self
Has the best playthroughs
Is honestly one of the most nicest guys
And is just chill with an amazing personality. He isnt consistent with his video schedule at all and does things based on his own wants and that doesnt bother me one bit, dude is so chill and drama free.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
I've subscribed to LumioseTrainerZac, Charusharu, and Professor Alex Silver. JPR is pretty good too. These four all have really good content and presentation styles. My kids really like PokeTips.

Hoops and Hip Hop would be a lot better if he didn't repeat himself constantly. He has great content...but dude needs a script.

Not a fan of Raf (pure clout chasing), Pokeferlax (constant negativity in the videos I've seen) or MandJTV (his product placement/sponsor spots are hilarious, but his presentation style just annoys me). They all have well-produced videos, but I just don't like something about their content.
Will check out Charusharu! With Alex, I ironically like all his videos besides the “history of X”, which is what he’s famous for. It feels like he’s reading the bulbapedia page of the characters and some of the videos aged badly due to cameos etc. anyways.

I used to watch MandJTV, but he had a big drop in quality when Gen 7 came along (or I just didn’t like his style anymore, don’t know). It felt like he’d only touch the surface of each topic and waste time with jokes and ads instead.

masdog

Which part about his presentation style annoys you?
I had to go back and watch some of his videos. Honestly, I think the thing that annoys me the most about his presentation style is his voice. It feels like he’s holding his nose closed to get that high-pitched nasally sound…it just doesn’t feel natural. It’s like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Pretty underwhelming episode. The Cynthia and Garchomp moments were nice but ultimately fluff. Would rather this be its own episode than that mediocre Cleffa/Unown episode. The obsession with having someone get lost during the League is weird. Leon's like my third favorite Champion but yeah it's rough seeing another Champion get swept like that just to hype him up. Rillaboom literally kicking Tyrantrum's ass and Goodra's neck was weirdly funny to me idk why. The Mega Gardevoir part was OK I guess. Idk just not what I'd hoped for in an episode ultimately centered around Champions fighting. I don't hate it but it's not good either. At least they got to fill their Galar Pokémon debut quota with Eldegoss :D 5/10

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I would’ve liked to see Diantha maybe take out 4 of Leon’s Pokémon, but I guess we can take this. It’s a shame as she is one of my favourite champions, but it is what it is..

I still have nothing but respect for her and it’s nice that my other favourite champion got a little bit of backstory, so overall can’t complain..

I do have a question though, since when is a huge discussion about Poketubers even allowed, let alone able to take over an entire thread?

DayQuil95

He'll just come back as robo-Leon with a new Plot Cyberarm.
And then tell Ash he's his father, Delia is filled with rage the moment she realizes she has been missing millions of child support money from some dude that is the biggest champion in the world.

masdog

Yeah, but who will robo-Leon toss down the shaft of the Death Starly? Chairman Rose?
Professor Oak, who has really been the mastermind behind Giovanni and Team Rocket.

masdog

So who's Yoda? Pikachu is certainly the right size...
Pikachu is more like R2-D2, the loyal companion that can shock things.

Yoda...maybe Kukui?

masdog

Well, I guess Yoda was kinda like a parental figure to Luke, and Kukui is rather close to Ash...
And trained him to reach his full potential...