• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Semifinals I: Sweep (1211)

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Ash won't reach his full potential till he tries to rebuild the Masters 8 Tournament, fails, and is found drinking blue-green milk somewhere off in space.
And then has to delay Goh and Koharu's kid so Gary Oak and Serena's daughter can rescue the other Pokemon trainers who are part of the resistance...

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Can't wait for Ash to awkwardly fade away after he reveals that he was a ghost this whole time!

oh wait this is just Mt. Silver isn't it lmaooo
Nah, Ash is a clone. The real Ash went missing offscreen after DP ended. :cool:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
One thing that needs to be taken into account for this episode is that
The "I got lucky" line from Leon to Diantha really reads differently when rewatching in the subs

It sounds more like Leon is referring to past battles with Diantha when he says "You've made me sweat time and time again" and then says he got lucky today as in respect to the sweep when he says "Today, I just got lucky"

Which means Leon sweeping Champions isn't really the norm for him usually, they have made him sweat in the past

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
One thing that needs to be taken into account for this episode is that
The "I got lucky" line from Leon to Diantha really reads differently when rewatching in the subs

It sounds more like Leon is referring to past battles with Diantha when he says "You've made me sweat time and time again" and then says he got lucky today as in respect to the sweep when he says "Today, I just got lucky"

Which means Leon sweeping Champions isn't really the norm for him usually, they have made him sweat in the past
It makes you wonder would he easily have swept the other Champions. The writers hate France so much, they gave both of them to Leon eatt should have at least had the girl take out one more of his Pokemon imo

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Is a -7/10 also neutral? :p I am neutral on the negative side. It is impossible for me the write equally positive as negative points on this one. I get flashbacks for Ash vs Tobias and Axew lost at the League for this one.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
If the PWC has existed for awhile and Leon had to beat Lance to become monarch doesn't that imply something? Unless the past monarch somehow got knocked out during the first round
Could be possible, could also be it was the first PWC
If Lance was the previous monarch the announcer would have hyped him up instead of saying hes in the G-men and won the driftveil tournament

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
If the PWC has existed for awhile and Leon had to beat Lance to become monarch doesn't that imply something? Unless the past monarch somehow got knocked out during the first round
Maybe Leon was the past Monarch.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Could be possible, could also be it was the first PWC
If Lance was the previous monarch the announcer would have hyped him up instead of saying hes in the G-men and won the driftveil tournament
Idk I doubt it was the first one or the announcer would have said it the first time it was beginning like the Alola league. I'm just gonna go with head canon that he was the past monarch

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
I actually liked the kids. Yeah yeah, I know. The getting lost at the League thing was something that should’ve never returned and I would have liked to see more of the battle, even if it was just more of Diantha getting curbstomped. But seeing the kids get so starry-eyed over Ash and look up to him and Cynthia was cute and really put into perspective how big of a deal Ash is. A signature move tied to his signature ace and signature region, he’s in the big leagues now.

The Cynthia backstory tidbits were short and sweet, I don’t think it needed to be way longer than this in the first place but if the rest of the episode that wasn’t the battle was going to be the girl getting lost….then there could’ve been more. I don’t think the egg thing was overplayed, it was a quick little connection and if anything focused on Ash and Lucario’s bond, not its similarity to Garchomp.

Rillaboom knocking out 4 of Diantha’s Pokémon was just absurd. It surviving that Fire Blast literally felt like the staff was trolling, bc no way lmaooo. I’m glad Gardevoir got to show off its strength but there’s just no way Diantha should’ve gone down that easily. I really wanted to see Tyrantrum battle, but this episode had other plans I guess. Still, Gardevoir controlling the G-Max Wildfire and combing it with Max Airstream was crazy….put some respect on Diantha. It getting pushed to that extent by AG was a devastating writing decision that’s made people underestimate Diantha, she deserves better

Starswirl Pikachu

Randomly encounters Cynthia giving out massages in the p;ark but what's really unusual is that it seems to still be perfectly in character for her? Sweep or no sweep, I don't know that its fair that so much of Diantha's and Leon's battle happened offscreen. In any case the match seemed to plateau with a showdown between Mega Gardevior vs G Max Charizard. It didn't seem like Mega Gardevior made any big mistakes, just that maybe it did not have enough anti Charizard moves in its skill set. Also as far as anyone is aware, no one in the anime is able to see the pokemons remaining hit points bar so I always like whenever a trainer shouts, "FINISH IT!"
(Mega Gardevior gets engulfed in flames)