• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Semifinals II: Dazzle (1212)

Sham

The Guardian of War
It was weird. That is for sure. Doesn't fit Leon to look down on his opponents.
Yeah, I don’t he meant it as that but instead worried that he possibly had to take out a third Pokémon and that scared him since it’s never happened. Not actually looking down at Diantha

deliaketchum

My son is going to win this match…..that blonde witch better not pull any dirty tricks on my son
I told everyone before the match that blonde witch is planning something dirty…..turns out i was right she used destiny bond….what next she dirty trick she has up her sleeve perhaps belly dance to distract my son

nuzamaki90

This’ll be my last post probably for the rest of the day but I just wanna say we really have to give props to Pikachu. Pikachu has been carrying hard in this tournament, the PWC in general and the previous Leagues (Kalos and Alola) but in a more unique way than the other Masters 8 aces. Even though it’s Ash’s true ace, Pikachu is like the team leader who opens up an opportunity for the rest of the team to go crazy instead of always being saved for last.

The whole world now knows how strong Pikachu really is, and I just know Destiny Bond was something Cynthia specifically made sure Spiritomb had just in case Gastrodon couldn’t take Pikachu down. I love the little mouse like you wouldn’t believe and I always much prefer it playing the role of turning the tides in Ash’s favor and then leaving it up to the rest of the squad to clutch Ash’s victory.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
Since I‘ve done it for Ash, here my ratings for Cynthia’s squad:

Spiritomb: 10/10. The people in the stadium feared it due to its lore and scary presence, but what’s really scary is it‘s strength. Tanked Draco Meteor and easily defeated Dragonite, and had enough defensive power to withstand two absolute beasts like Gengar and Pikachu.

Roserade: 7/10. It didn’t feature that much, but weakening a Pokémon like Gengar to such a degree with just two attacks is amazing, considering how much punishment Gengar was able to take even against Aggron and Cradily. Ash definitely needs to watch out for Roserade next episode.

Togekiss: 7/10. Featured briefly, but was fast enough to dodge Pikachu‘s attacks. Another scary opponent for Ash next week.

Gastrodon: 5/10. Going down against the combined powers of Ash‘s ingenious tactics and Peakachu is no shame. Just like Dragonite, 5/10.

Cynthia: 10/10. Wow, just wow. Cynthia has a smart and dominant battle style, making the best out of her Pokémon. Luring out Pikachu to defeat it with Gastrodon, using Spiritomb as an early wallbreaker, Destiny Bond, Serence Grace + Air Slash Togekiss and the attempted Gastrodon strategies were all amazing. She really came prepared for this battle and it seemed like she was always 2 steps ahead of Ash. Definitely the second strongest trainer in the world right now.

charchar56

Spiritomb was a MF'ing problem! Likely would've been a "sweep" similar to Leon v Diantha if Ash hadn't sent Pikachu to put them back in the game. Destiny bond looked awesome

Poor Dragonite, on paper Ash had a great idea sending her out first to make a statement. Hopefully she gets redemption against Leon - maybe by taking out Rillaboom and/or Dragapult.

I have no issue with Gastrodon getting bodied by Pikachu so quickly. Pikachu did what he needed to do, and it's up to the vish, knight, and dog to bring it home. LFG!

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Same with Stevens Aggron. They just stand there. Doing nothing.
It's a special writing technique. It's called "how do we make Ash win/lose even if it makes absolutely no sense?"

I'm actually amazed people are calling Spiritomb/Dragonite a 10/10, as if it wasn't the most ridiculous way to give Cynthia a victory. Ash, a veteran trainer, who has done a lot of switching before, just watches and shouts as Dragonite loses HP and Spiritomb heals in front of his eyes. People are arguing "BUT SWITCHING OUT WOULDN'T HAVE CURED SLEEP", yeah no sh*t, that's not the point, the point was to get Dragonite out of the situation where he was simultaneously being drained while the opponent was being healed. Could have saved Dragonite for another opponent, maybe Roserade, somewhere where Dragonite could resist moves and potentially wake up. This was simply laughable.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
It's a special writing technique. It's called "how do we make Ash win/lose even if it makes absolutely no sense?"
Lol idk.
I'm actually amazed people are calling Spiritomb/Dragonite a 10/10, as if it wasn't the most ridiculous way to give Cynthia a victory. Ash, a veteran trainer, who has done a lot of switching before, just watches and shouts as Dragonite loses HP and Spiritomb heals in front of his eyes.
The same happend with Dragonite vs Flygon or Gengar vs Mienshao. I guess the only time he switched was VS Volkner.

Martinat388

He did the thing!
Man, Cynthia's relentless. It does make sense though due to it being the semifinals and her planning on retirement from battle.

This wasn't a bad start, though I was yelling "SWITCH!" when Dragonite was put to sleep by Spiritomb. While yes it'd still be asleep, at least all of its HP would've been drained away by Spiritomb.

I'm hoping that Ash'll pick up the pace next episode, and start switching in between Pokemon.

Nonetheless, aside from Dragonite's performance, good start to this battle!

Ash was lucky that the referee from his Indigo League battle against Ritchie wasn’t the ref here. Otherwise, Spiritomb could probably sweep Ash just with Hypnosis
I think at that point they'd probably just ban the move hypnosis, or Ash would immediately use counter shield on it and take out Spiritomb as quick as he can (even if it had the same outcome as it did in the battle)

Sham

The Guardian of War
Cynthia was fine but Ash was stupid. Strategy isn’t bad but when you purposely dumb down your opponent (ala Lance and Diantha) then it just becomes “we’re not gonna find a way to get them out of this so that’s why they’re losing”.

Again her strategy was excellent but you would think Ash would realize not all of her Pokémon has Dream Eater. He could have saved a bunch of trouble sending Pikachu out and doing the exact thing saving Gengar and Dragonite from that. Dragonite would have eventually woken up but not getting his energy drained.

You kept yelling and calling Charizard in the Kanto League? How did that work out? You didn’t learn anything from that?

I guess…