• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Semifinals II: Dazzle (1212)

Sham

The Guardian of War
It looks like the duck is at least giving Garchomp a fight. I wonder will she Mega Evolve there or save it for Lucario

Gengar battles 2 Pokémon and was hit with a super effective move, no one shot.

And Pikachu ones shotting makes total sense: We’ve seen in all other battles that aces are capable of one-shotting their opponents
Gastrodon is super tanky and quick attack is one of the weakest moves
Dracovish wants to keep fighting, and ugh Lucario

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Whatever t is, this is shaping to be a great battle what people wanted. This match has everything from strategy to out of box thinking to pokemon recalling.

TheNewGuy

Big four? his pokemon are all pretty balanced at this point, Dragonite had a lot of wins, now its losing a lot.

I would argue that they are the biggest because of their status in the franchise. I very much see Sirfetch'd and Dracovish as like the Gliscor of this team. I understand that the win records aren't dissimilar though.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
Why does everyone say Ash doesn’t switch out his Pokémon? You can only make a case for Dragonite, even in the games, some people dislike recalling their sleeping Pokémon.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
Gastrodon is super tanky and quick attack is one of the weakest moves
Dracovish wants to keep fighting, and ugh Lucario
It might have been caught off-guard due to the rocks.

Also, Pikachu is literally the only Pokémon of Ash where I’m ok with him one-shotting others. The guy defeated legendaries after all

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I would argue that they are the biggest because of their status in the franchise. I very much see Sirfetch'd and Dracovish as like the Gliscor of this team. I understand that the win records aren't dissimilar though.
Sirfetch'd got an arc to develop which Dragonite didn't, it has a very strong personality, the fish is a goofy abomination thing sure, but I don't see the as weaker, you can say Pikachu and Lucario are the aces and Gengar has been doing great since getting Gigantamax, but that is it, if you said the big two with Lucario and Pikachu I wouldn't disagree.

TheNewGuy

I'm really happy with the battle so far. Ash not switching Dragonite was a bit silly but I get the idea behind it - it's in character for Ash to have total, almost blind faith both in his Pokemon and in his ability to reach them, and there's been a time in the past where that has worked (Sceptile). Also yeah if he switches Dragonite he might end up with two asleep.

Cynthia's fast switching, knowledge of her team and power are every inch that cut above that she should be. They have gone out of their way to display her intelligence and prowess.

TheNewGuy

Sirfetch'd got an arc to develop which Dragonite didn't, it has a very strong personality, the fish is a goofy abomination thing sure, but I don't see the as weaker, you can say Pikachu and Lucario are the aces and Gengar has been doing great since getting Gigantamax, but that is it, if you said the big two with Lucario and Pikachu I wouldn't disagree.

None of which really touches on what I said about their status in the franchise. The casual viewer will expect his Dragonite, Pikachu and Gengar to be his strongest Pokemon while Sirfetch'd and Draco are more obvious underdogs.

Bad start so far. Ash not switching Dragonite out was horrible, Gengar getting a burn on Roserade was nice (even though it’s getting cured) Gengar getting one shot was horrible, Pikachu cutting the rocks with Iron Tail was great but Pikachu one-shorting Gastrodon with Quick Attack made no sense. Pikachu vs Spiritomb was great with Pikachu using Counter Shield and Destiny Bond knocking both Pokémon out.
Next time, wow Dracovish refuses to switch out! It wants to fight! And ugh I’m dreading Mega Ash Lucario vs Mega Garchomp.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Thoughts:

-Idk tbh. Like it wasn't bad, but Dragonite and Gengar fainting like that was a bit weird. Ash could have recalled Dragonite at least.
-Also Gastrodon was weak as hell ngl. Three rocks and 1 Quick Attack.
-Well at least one draw and 1 win.
-the quality wasnt that amazing tbh.
-at least Cynthia's and Ash’s interactions were good. So that is a plus
-a bit too much focus on Delia ,Trio and Gou

6/10. Not bad, not great either.. Hop part two is a bit better.

TheNewGuy

As it looks like Sirfetch'd will be damaging Garchomp, again, the fears of Lucario just sweeping her team including the Chomp have been dismissed and invalidated even with the preview.

Not liking JN is fine, reaching for sheer irrationality to do it has not.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Cynthia knew she had to take pikachu out before he wrecked another one of her mons.