• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Semifinals II: Dazzle (1212)

nuzamaki90

This was another W for me. I think Shirona might become one of my favs when this is said and done. Her maturity and coolness is so nuanced with bringing up Pokemon back, just so ever confident and controlled but you could also see those "cracks" in her disposition. She even had the backup plan when it looks like Satoshi was gaining a bit of ground with his ace.

As for Gengar's Will-O-Wisp, I'll be shocked if Natural Cure doesn't heal that next episode making any efforts null and void and allowing Unonoragon to get its big moment.
Completely forgot about Natural Cure. I was thinking Poison Point at first because Dracovish is poisoned in the preview but I remembered Roserade used Poison Jab in one of the trailers. Cynthia truly has been prepared for nearly everything Ash throws at her, hasn’t she?

Eevee903

You are awesome!
It had alot of similarities with the Paul battle so far:

-First Pokemon knocked out easily: Aggron/Dragonite.
-Counter shield: Pikachu/Gastrodon
-Spiritomb being the Drapion of this battle
-Ash being a major trouble in both battles
-Gastrodon being knocked out pretty quickly.

Isn't bad by any means.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
By the way, I found it hilarious that they decided to show Totodile’s reaction to Dragonite losing. Little fella looked so disappointed. Couldn’t help but to laugh, like my man, you are being mentioned in each of “Ash’s weakest Pokémon” lists, stop acting like that haha
Bro LMAOO
The disrespect to Tododile. Honestly it always felt like a mon to me that everyone knows is weak but no one gives a **** because it's adorable
If that's the case, Ash has adopted whole Alola region
And the alola region adopted Ash, right on the money there!! It was a big theme about SM and family after all

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Bro LMAOO
The disrespect to Tododile. Honestly it always felt like a mon to me that everyone knows is weak but no one gives a **** because it's adorable

And the alola region adopted Ash, right on the money there!! It was a big theme about SM and family after all
Sorry long thread and I couldn’t find your original reply.

You don’t think they’re setting up Ash to lose to Leon? He’s already lost half of his team in half an hour. He’s struggling with number two how is gonna be number one?

RetroPokeFan

This first episode was alright (not if you happen to be a Dragonite though cause I guess this tournament doesn't like them very much).

Pikachu did pretty good (far better than that leak made me think he'd do) and I especially loved the that little moment with Diantha and especially callback to Counter Shield which was a neat little touch.

Now that he's on the side with Ash, I just hope the quality for this battle can go even more upwards instead of downwards unlike the other more recent battles this series.

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
It had alot of similarities with the Paul battle so far:

-First Pokemon knocked out easily: Aggron/Dragonite.
-Counter shield: Pikachu/Gastrodon
-Spiritomb being the Drapion of this battle
-Ash being a major trouble in both battles
-Gastrodon being knocked out pretty quickly.

Isn't bad by any means.
I don't really see where these Ash vs. Paul comparisons come from, and how these surface level similarities constitutes as such.

Ash vs. Paul had a lot of non-linear switching involved on both sides, and clever strategies employed by both boys with minimal forced dumb moments for Ash. This one so far has had half-and-half on the latter, and none of the former from Ash.

Ash vs. Paul was a back and forth pendulum where the advantage (at least in numbers) swung back and forth with Ash taking the lead initially before Paul started dealing damage with a strategy centralized around Drapion, then Ash making a huge comeback and leading 3-1 remaining before Paul sweeped Ash's weakened Pokemon and bringing it down to a final 1v1. This battle on the other hand makes it so that Cynthia will be leading the advantage throughout till the end (the preview clearly shows Cynthia's 2 vs Ash's Lucario at the end).

Most impressive thing visually isn't even close to being the animation really, some of the drawings in this episode have JN Ash looking the best he's ever looked in the current show besides the openings and episode two.

ivRndpd.png

I'm not a fan Ash's JN design at all given that it's based off of SM Ash, but this is probably close to being the best depiction of the design possible.

squirtle009

My Japanese is weak but isn't -san used to address someone who is elder to you? I assume Diantha and Cynthia are of same age, still Dianta called here Shirona-san.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
My Japanese is weak but isn't -san used to address someone who is elder to you? I assume Diantha and Cynthia are of same age, still Dianta called here Shirona-san.
It’s just a sign of respect. Technically Diantha doesn’t have to refer to her as that. Iris and Ash were doing it because Cynthia is older than them and as a sign or respect

Eevee903

You are awesome!
I don't really see where these Ash vs. Paul comparisons come from, and how these surface level similarities constitutes as such.

Ash vs. Paul had a lot of non-linear switching involved on both sides, and clever strategies employed by both boys with minimal forced dumb moments for Ash. This one so far has had half-and-half on the latter, and none of the former from Ash.

Ash vs. Paul was a back and forth pendulum where the advantage (at least in numbers) swung back and forth with Ash taking the lead initially before Paul started dealing damage with a strategy centralized around Drapion, then Ash making a huge comeback and leading 3-1 remaining before Paul sweeps Ash's weakened Pokemon and bringing it down to a final 1v1. This battle on the other hand makes it so that Cynthia will be leading the advantage throughout till the end (the preview clearly shows Cynthia's 2 vs Ash's Lucario at the end).
Lol I just pointed the points out that I found similar. You make this battle sound like **** already.