• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Semifinals II: Dazzle (1212)

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
It’s just a sign of respect. Technically Diantha doesn’t have to refer to her as that. Iris and Ash were doing it because Cynthia is older than them and as a sign or respect

No, it's the default form of address. NOT using an honorific is being extremely familiar.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
I never said anything about it being crap (so far at least), I just dismissed the comparisons to one of the best battles in the anime.
Lol you don't think it will have the same quality?

I think it will be on par with Ash vs Sawyer in terms of quality from what I have seen.

Honestly Ash was less helpless than I thought he would be. That is good.

I guess Cinderace comes out to support its boyfriend Lucario

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
To each their own of course, but I like this battle much more than the Paul one already. Paul had two sacrificial pawns while many of Ash’s mons fell for Infernape to shine.

Cynthia’s Pokémon are all amazing and besides Dragonite there won’t be a true fall guy

GLTSRY

No, it's the default form of address. NOT using an honorific is being extremely familiar.
Is -kun actually a honorific like -san, or is it just something you say to kids?

Since no one of the champions referred to Ash and Iris with the -san honorific and instead only used -kun

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Excuse me for another Counter Shield fangirl post. Counter Shield was developed as a strategy against Fantina’s Hypnosis and now 14 years later it’s being used against Spiritomb’s Hypnosis. It’s coming full circle, sasuga Tomioka.
Eh it was a nice callback.
To each their own of course, but I like this battle much more than the Paul one already. Paul had two sacrificial pawns while many of Ash’s mons fell for Infernape to shine.

Cynthia’s Pokémon are all amazing and besides Dragonite there won’t be a true fall guy
I wouldn't go so far lol. At best this battle is in the top 5.

TheNewGuy

It was her Pikachu counter due to its immunity to Electric moves, specifically pointed out.

Ah nice that they mentioned that. It still jobbed out though, again. It never really fit her in original DP and it's the black sheep of her team now.

That said, it's so cool to see Ash and Pikachu so respected that Cynthia of all people is bringing Pokemon specifically to beat it.

TheNewGuy

The number of "sacrificial pawns" isn't what dictates whether a battle is good.

Even then, so far Gastrodon and Dragonite have both been true fall guys while Paul's Aggron and Gastrodon both scored assists and forced switches, as was Paul's intent. The only true fall guy in Ash/Paul was Torterra.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
My only gripe with this battle is we all know that Ash is going to play catch up (no pun intended) in the next episode and Togekiss, Roserade and Milotic are going down fairly easy to save up for Lucario VS Garchomp
How the hell will Lucario vs Garchomp be one episode anyway?

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
How the hell will Lucario vs Garchomp be one episode anyway?
The same way Ash lost three Pokémon in one episode. They’ll improvise. Also it wouldn’t surprising if they did what they’d with the third and fourth match and set it up before it happened

GLTSRY

Kind of interesting how Carne said something to the effect of Shirona's going to be the one to stop Dande before the admission of her plans to retire, so Carne believes that Shirona would win over Satoshi interestingly enough.
She’s probably still salty over her battle against Greninja :p

Jokes aside, I think she just wanted to motivate her, but who knows. Maybe we’ll get more of her reactions the next episode?

nuzamaki90

Kind of interesting how Carne said something to the effect of Shirona's going to be the one to stop Dande before the admission of her plans to retire, so Carne believes that Shirona would win over Satoshi interestingly enough.
Yes it’s very neat. It’s like when Lance asked Steven about Alain and Steven was pretty doubtful of Alain being able to stand up to Leon, or Leon still seeing Ash as a rookie. It’s very nice to see all their different takes on the battles and each other.

There used to be a time where people would complain about everyone being an Ash simp.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Is -kun actually a honorific like -san, or is it just something you say to kids?

Since no one of the champions referred to Ash and Iris with the -san honorific and instead only used -kun

Kids and your juniors. Commonly used in workplaces to address people that rank below you.