• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Semifinals III: Valor (1213)

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
Negigaknight vs Gablias was probably my favorite non-ace battle in the history of the anime.

I first expected Meteor Assault to fail since Gablias’ Draco Meteor even took out Iris’ Ononox, so it tanking the attack and delivering the blow was awesome. And then I actually thought he’d defeat her outright haha, because if Shirona will use Dynamax, why not deliver the biggest shock in the anime’s history? ^^

Broseph08

Negigaknight vs Gablias was probably my favorite non-ace battle in the history of the anime.

I first expected Meteor Assault to fail since Gablias’ Draco Meteor even took out Iris’ Ononox, so it tanking the attack and delivering the blow was awesome. And then I actually thought he’d defeat her outright haha, because if Shirona will use Dynamax, why not deliver the biggest shock in the anime’s history? ^^
I legitimately thought that Garchomp would fall for a second. Probably one of the most shocking moments I've ever seen in the Pokemon anime

SkyBlaze9125

Yeah when Haxorus was just standing there.

SevereRacccon6

Sinnoh and Kalos Enjoyer
Holy mother of Pearl fetchd is a ****ing monster man, made Cynthias ****ing garchomp kneel with one attack, even though we all knew fetchds time was up for a split second I thought chomp might actually fall dracovish also got redemption, gishoius rend for the win, a lesson to certain people to not doompost without confirmation 9/10

GLTSRY

My ranking of Ash’s JN team as of this episode:

1) Lucario. One-shotted Duraludon and will get 2 wins against Shirona.

2) Pikachu. Defeated Mega-Metagross.

3) Negigaknight. Still can’t believe that performance. Was amazing against Drasna, quickly defeated the Milokaross that caused so much problems to Iris and nearly defeated Gablias.

4) Gengar. One of Satoshi’s must trusted members. It has amazing offenses and defenses, and even when it loses, it considerably weakens its opponents. And once Satoshi uses G-Max, Gengar could be considered as Nr. 3

5) Kairyu. Poor baby didn’t get much spotlight lately. Still, she defeated Ononox and will probably get 1 or 2 important wins against Dande.

6) Uonoragon. Weakest of the bunch, but still one of Satoshi’s strongest Pokémon. It easily tanked super effective attacks against Drasna and Gablias, and can also dish them out. However, he never really got a big moment, since even in the Drasna battle, it felt like a 50/50 effort with Negigaknight having the edge due to knocking out a Mega.

GLTSRY

I really don’t see how Shirona is getting nerfed. Giving her more than one gimmick is doing the exact opposite of nerfing her.

In hindsight, she should’ve immediately used ME on Gablias or use Togekiss against Negigaknight. But then again, in hindsight Satoshi should’ve used G-Max, as anticipated by the crowd, to one-shot Shirona’s Pokémon while preventing Destiny Bond.

Having multiple gimmicks gives the trainers more freedom, otherwise Shirona would now have to use ME on a barely standing Gablias.

Btw, it was fun to see that Dande was the only one not surprised by this decision of hers.

GLTSRY

So negiaknight still move and it went like a Metoer so Garchomp couldn’t block it.
I don’t really get your point. You disagreed with me saying that Negigaknight withstanding Draco Meteor was a big feat since it took out Ononox, but you’re not really presenting any arguments.

Both were hit by the attack (Negigaknight probably by even more meteors since he was charging though the battlefield), both were taken out eventually, but Negigaknight endured the attack long enough to deliver a counter blow whereas Ononox couldn’t. He could only shield himself a bit with Dragon Pulse, but he went down before he could attack Gablias.

Overall - Really enjoyed the episode and was pleasantly surprised with Dracovish getting a win off one of Cynthia's Pokemon rather than what the leaks were trying to make it seem like. (Again, just goes to show that people shouldn't be making rash judgements on things and just blindly believing leaks.) And Sirfetch'd is definitely an MVP, took out the Stealth Rocks Cynthia laid out, thrashed Milotic, and seemingly put up a decent fight against Garchomp.

In terms of Cynthia Dynamaxing Togekiss, I'm actually not mad about the decision. It seems like Cynthia's strategy against Lucario, at least with Togekiss, is to attack it from a distance to ensure no more of its Bullet Punches hit Togekiss. And her dynamaxing Togekiss is another step in that direction. It seems like she's using Dynamax Togekiss as opposed to Mega Garchomp to either wear Lucario down even further, or try to take it out completely (which we know isn't going to happen - But it at least shows that she isn't underestimating Ash simply because she isn't using her gimmick on her ace, like some people were arguing when the Dynamax Togekiss was leaked...)

I think the episode definitely was one of the good ones. It shows that Cynthia is pushing Ash to the edge, and is seemingly still one step ahead of him. (I think her Milotic vs. Dracovish fight further showcases this as Diantha and Leon were talking about something that could have possibly happened, but Cynthia had a strategy to work around it and quickly take out Dracovish before her Milotic got overwhelmed.)

I'm really looking forward to the next episode, and am hoping it is just as good as this one.

GLTSRY

By the way, it was nice to see Satoshi’s smarter, more analytical side in this battle.

He immediately knew what was going to happen once Shirona ordered Milokaross to wrap around Uonoragon, thanks to Iris’ battle against her.

Likewise, he had an idea on how to counter Draco Meteor after seeing how Ononox’ attempt to do it failed.

We’re quick to praise Shirona’s strategies, but this episode we should really praise Satoshi for his performance.

SkyBlaze9125

By the way, it was nice to see Satoshi’s smarter, more analytical side in this battle.

He immediately knew what was going to happen once Shirona ordered Milokaross to wrap around Uonoragon, thanks to Iris’ battle against her.

Likewise, he had an idea on how to counter Draco Meteor after seeing how Ononox’ attempt to do it failed.

We’re quick to praise Shirona’s strategies, but this episode we should really praise Satoshi for his performance.
Yeah.

U mean the first or second time? Ash kinda use Iris strategy of literally ignoring Draco Meteor and charging straight in. And due to Sirfetch’d speed, Garchomp couldn’t react compare to when it took on Haxorus’s Outrage.

SkyBlaze9125

I don’t really get your point. You disagreed with me saying that Negigaknight withstanding Draco Meteor was a big feat since it took out Ononox, but you’re not really presenting any arguments.

Both were hit by the attack (Negigaknight probably by even more meteors since he was charging though the battlefield), both were taken out eventually, but Negigaknight endured the attack long enough to deliver a counter blow whereas Ononox couldn’t. He could only shield himself a bit with Dragon Pulse, but he went down before he could attack
Let me rephrase this. Don’t compare Mega Garchomp Draco Metoer and Haxorus standing there (while shooting Dragon Pulse straight up) to Garchomp Draco Metoer and airfetch’d Sirfetch’d charging in with Meteor Assault.