• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Semifinals III: Valor (1213)

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
Isn't this the case for every series since the Sinnoh League?
Unova/Kalos/Alola Leagues were not the culmination of Ash's journey as a battler, so not really.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Very nice episode, one of my favorite battle episodes in Journeys so far.
A bit sad too about having DynaKiss spoiled but it was me who couldn't get myself away from the leak thread haha
But it was actually teased in the trailer, it just got past us
Nice how Sirfetch'd and Dracovosh got their turn to shine, now I just hope Dragonite doesn't fail against Leon at least

Mistycallsstaryu

Cynthia could have just killed Dracovish while it was stunned rather than command Garchomp to use stealth rock...

Sirfetch'd being a bigger threat to Garchomp than Iris' Haxorus doesn't sit right with me. Ideally, Dracovish and Sirfetch'd would have jobbed and Lucario would be the last jackal standing.

BlobbiBoi

Cynthia could have just killed Dracovish while it was stunned rather than command Garchomp to use stealth rock...

Sirfetch'd being a bigger threat to Garchomp than Iris' Haxorus doesn't sit right with me. Ideally, Dracovish and Sirfetch'd would have jobbed and Lucario would be the last jackal standing.

I doubt the Stealth Rocks were just for Sirfetch'd. They were also there for the off-chance that Ash sent out Lucario too.

MegaSalamence05

Man Ash is in a fight.

Pretty much going into this battle Ash has been under the impression that Cynthia would Mega Evolve Garchomp due to its prior battle with Iris. She turns around with a Dynamax band.

Even then her strategy is sound here. After the clash of Sirfetch'd and Garchomp with Meteor Assault and Draco Meteor. Garchomp took a critical hit from Meteor Assault which forced the recall. The strategy here for Cynthia vs Ash's Lucario is to force flinched through Air Slash from Togekiss. Which would mean Ash's Lucario doesn't have Inner Focus as an Ability. It would be either Steadfast or Justified as an ability. Due to the Critical Hit from Air Slash and the subsequent Flinch, Cynthia's in the complete drivers seat because of the Dynamax strengthening Air Slash to Max Airstream and could include Flinch couple that with Togekiss's Ability Serene Grace strengthening the chance of Flinching. If Togekiss were to Drop. Garchomp's sly Stealth Rocks waiting in the wings coupled with Cynthia's Garchomp being a Ground type. It's easy pickings. The strategy is fully sound from Cynthia here in response to Sirfetch'd's efforts. Didn't even realize at the time about how Sirfetch'd nullified Stealth Rock.

Best of luck Lucario because you're going to need it.

Last edited:

Yce288

Grass type FTW
Decent episode all things considered. Out of all the PM 2019 episodes that I've watched, this was probably (and unsurprisingly) the most impressive from a visual standpoint.

At the time I was watching, I was convinced this shot was a reference to Cynthia's Pokemon Platinum sprite
Screenshot-12.png
I thought this picture was a foreshadowing for Cynthia using Dynamax Togekiss instead of Mega Garchomp.
when Lucario used Ora Ora Ora, Infernape was like:"I should be the one to fight Cynthia not this dog thief" and then it proceed to use Ora Ora Ora on Oak, funnily enough, Oak and old Joseph had the same voice actor before he passed out 4 years ago.
Morpeko ate Old gateaus because of Sinnoh in this episode.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Question and I know you guys like to make a big deal out of everything.

We all know Sirfetch’d couldn’t have done that much damage since Garchomp is putting in work towards Lucario in the preview.

How is Mega Lucario taking out her second ace with a gimmick and then having enough energy to take out her main ace… better than just defeating Mega Garchomp? Let alone more realistic?

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Part II: Valor is a very meaningful title because we see just how determined Ash's remaining Pokémon are to see this through.

Tide is becoming more even but Cynthia is just as brutal as ever. Employs Stealth Rock and an unexpected Dynamx into the battle. Plus has Natural Cure ability for Roserade, meaning Gengar's burn was neutralized. On the other hand, Ash manages to have Dracovish take down Roserade and Sirfetch'd take down Milotic. And Sirfetch'd did noticeable amount of damage to Garchomp that you can see her stagger (unfortunately for Sirfetch'd, it fainted standing up eyes open). All that's left is Lucario facing off Dynamax Togekiss and Garchomp alone. Man, Cynthia is unpredictable and really puts Ash to the edge of his seat. Even better is that he's so close to beating her. For fans, that's already an achievement.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️

We all know Sirfetch’d couldn’t have done that much damage since Garchomp is putting in work towards Lucario in the preview.

How is Mega Lucario taking out her second ace with a gimmick and then having enough energy to take out her main ace… better than just defeating Mega Garchomp? Let alone more realistic?
Who said onion duck didn’t do much damage? Wasn’t the attack called “Direct/Critical?” [I didn’t fully catch the dialogue at times, laggy screen.] I wouldn’t be shocked given the gravity to the final clash and the fact this Pokémon got several critical hits against Rinto’s Earlade and is literally known for being that Pokémon that evolves due to getting x3 critical hits.

Went back, yeah the announcer just comments about them taking damage.

Mega Lucario is Steel-type so can lay waste to the Fairy and Gablias mainly uses Dragon and Rock-typed moves.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Who said onion duck didn’t do much damage?
Garchomp is quite frankly landing multiple Dragon Claws against Lucario and still is in pretty good shape
Wasn’t the attack called “Direct/Critical?” [I didn’t fully catch the dialogue at times, laggy screen.]
Don’t know
I wouldn’t be shocked given the gravity to the final clash and the fact this Pokémon got several critical hits against Rinto’s Earlade
Another battle
and is literally known for being that Pokémon that evolves due to getting x3 critical hits.
Game logic
Mega Lucario is Steel-type so can lay waste to the Fairy and Gablias mainly uses Dragon and Rock-typed moves.
This doesn’t answer my question. Mega Lucario could still defeat Mega Garchomp because it resist Dragon typing anyway.

Mega Lucario is still taking out two Pokémon at once for the price of just doing one aka Mega Garchomp

But I’d rather not get into this debate if this is gonna last the entire week

TheNewGuy

Fundamental issue with this question is the idea that Garchomp wasn't damaged by Sirfetch'd.

Plenty of Pokemon battle as hard as Chomp did there while having been seriously injured previously. Pikachu looked fine when it Iron Tailed Metagross despite taking some punishment. Infernape and Electivire went aggressively toe-to-toe despite both taking big damage.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I wasn’t debating, I was just answering your question.

Why even comment then lol
Because that Hypnosis thing was just a question and became something else and you people just concluded this conversation just recently on Wednesday.

I just had to throw that disclaimer because that’s draining and exhausting but I appreciate you answering