• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Semifinals IV: Impact (1214)

Sham

The Guardian of War
I’m sorry there isn’t enough discussion that tcreepy voice Togekiss got too many opportunities to shine and Garchomp went down after 2 or 3 minutes.

Why was that creepy mon shilled so much? Volo? That evil man strikes again because Togekiss voice creeped me the heck out

Zabilac

What's that orange aura thing that keeps appearing with Togekiss? Is it healing it or something so it can keep coming back from Lucario's attacks?

xtroDe

That Togekiss vs M-Lucario felt pretty stretched out.. although I can understand the reasoning behind it. They really wanted to sell the idea that D-Togekiss was a huge menace and shouldn't be underestimated at all. Unfortunately, not all will buy this reasoning and will still think Mega Garchomp would have made more of a dent vs M-Lucario.

Once again shout out to mr. duck, that victory over mr. shark wouldn't have been possible without the damage mr. duck did. o7

The Student surpasses the Teacher
I disagree, that would have been true if Mega Lucario had beaten Mega Garchomp, I think Lucario is still below Greninja, especially since he needed the frog energy to win

I'm not cricket so I don't hate Lucario by the way, but let's remember that Lucario needed the support of Greninja to defeat Togekiss, and Sirfercth to defeat Base Garchomp

Sham

The Guardian of War
I also hated that fake tension thing because in any other situation that would have been a double knockout and a tie but they allowed Lucario to get back up. It seemed fake tensionish

Don’t get me wrong base Garchomp losing to Mega Lucario made my weekend but that was stupid

Eevee903

You are awesome!
I also hated that fake tension thing because in any other situation that would have been a double knockout and a tie but they allowed Lucario to get back up. It seemed fake tensionish
Tell that to Sirfetch’d vs Garchomp

Also what was the point of Lucario Mega Evolving twice: BEFORE and AFTER the opening?

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Oh yeah. Forgot about the double team.

Disagree. All of the battles have their own strengths.

I would argue the Kalos League battles are still > In terms of animation and the fast-paced choreography.

Ash vs Cynthia felt a lot more comparable to Ash vs Paul in terms of battle choreography.

That said; I can see Ash vs Kukui and Ash vs Cynthia being overrated a lot more considering the external factors around the battles. (With Cynthia being Cynthia and Battle against Kukui solidifying Ash's place as the strongest trainer of a Region).
Obviously all battles have their own strengths, it boils down to who prefers what
For me, the fact its written well with good strats and a whole well rounded battle with good non ace battles is very important as well, as a lot of Sawyer and Alains novelty comes from the climax
Ill have to rewatch to see which I prefer more but each battle is top tier worthy

Also those external factors count imo and matter in the story, so yeah for me it doesnt make it overrated

Sham

The Guardian of War
Tell that to Sirfetch’d vs Garchomp

Also what was the point of Lucario Mega Evolving twice: BEFORE and AFTER the opening?
They did that with every battle. They showed part of the beginning and then continue you on after the opening from that scene

AJ97

I disagree, that would have been true if Mega Lucario had beaten Mega Garchomp, I think Lucario is still below Greninja, especially since he needed the frog energy to win

I'm not cricket so I don't hate Lucario by the way, but let's remember that Lucario needed the support of Greninja to defeat Togekiss, and Sirfercth to defeat Base Garchomp
Dumb argument both ways.

1) There is no way to say Mega Garchomp is > Mega Lucario ( I would argue Mega Lucario being stronger makes more sense narratively considering the narrative was about Ash overcoming Cynthia who was doing everything in her power to win. Not once did it seem that Cynthia had a handicap which allowed Ash to come out on top this time).
Mega Lucario battled a Togekiss that had taken no damage against Pikachu and then went on to Dynamax (+ Took on all of the Dynamax moves)
Base Garchomp only took real damage from Sirfetch'd who was hit by the Stealth Rock and also fought and defeated Milotic Before.

2) Similarly, no real rationale to say Greninja > Lucario or vice versa. That said, if Lucario does defeat Charizard; I think we could argue this point as it wouldn't narratively make sense for Greninja to be stronger than the World's strongest Trainer owned Pokemon.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I’ll say this between the all Dragon Type moves+ Stealth Rock, Dynamax Togekiss doing nothing and not Mega evolving Garchomp the writers were definitely cooking up something with this battle and it’s telling