• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Semifinals IV: Impact (1214)

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
The amount of people here not realizing they only say fake tension because they

A. Read leaks

or

B. Aren't 10 year olds or teenagers

is just startling
You do realize that children and teenagers have a frontal cortex right? Saying that children, teenagers and adults couldn’t see past this is dumb.

MegaSalamence05

Greninja taught Lucario how to control its heart beat. (Like a ninja) If people are confused.

Greninja's ability does that automatically while Lucario's doesn't. It's another dimension to Lucario's Aura and to further sync up with Ash in a different manner.

I'm just still buzzing about a full on fist fight to decide it. Just an unexpected finish.

Last edited:

TheNewGuy

Yes. You are being an immature child. Did you clown on every other loser in the tournament? No you didn't, so why just Cynthia? Quit acting like a little kid.

It is not confirmed how many episodes are left.

Why would I clown on Iris or Lance
(I actually did clown on Steven a little)? I'm not invested in their richly satisfying, fantastic, beautiful downfall like I am with Cynthia's.

No, I've wanted Cynthia to lose for a very long time. I like the character but it's time she had a taste. AND NOW SHE HAS.

TheNewGuy

Greninja taught Lucario how to control its heart beat. If people are confused.

Greninja's ability does that automatically while Lucario's doesn't. It's another dimension to Lucario's Aura and to further sync up with Ash in a different manner.

I'm just still buzzing about a full on fist fight to decide it. Just an unexpected finish.

I loved it too. Just stood there throwing hands like Ali and Frazier. It was perfect.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
This whole climax structure FELT like Alola's win so so so much!!!
What with the battle being decided with a fourth unused move of Reversal/Counter, doggo getting the win, Ash's shocked expression and the whole reaction that came afterwards!!
Absolutely in love with the idea they are treating this as their version of Ash vs Gladion and Leon is meant to be Kukui. I WANT that level of quality!!

Bruh you can have your opinions on how disappointing Journeys has been but already with the headcanons lmao, no Greninja did not give Lucario energy he just simply sensed Lucario’s energy/aura and was a callback to their training to refine his aura in the first place. Pls stop
Well, that's a more realistic way of relating the events, but I say this because Lucario had already done a kind of spirit bomb before, anyway your comment is more accurate than mine

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Honestly if that whole first episode of this battle didn't happen it would have been better but I'm satisfied with Ash winning, it wasn't because they made Cynthia stupid or dumbed down, she was given proper respect and proved why she was the best champion this show will ever see :).

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
So... regardless of what I think of the execution, he has just beaten what I would consider two strongest pre-PM2019 characters in the anime, back to back. Good for him.

Cynthia's flashback was probably my favourite part of the episode, although that 'retirement' subplot was lame yet predictable. Wonder if that's the last we see of her and the rest of the champions for a long time.

Sham

FUeL0LwXoAULpuc

I mean it had its ups and downs but it wasn’t a total bad tournament.

This whole climax structure FELT like Alola's win so so so much!!!
What with the battle being decided with a fourth unused move of Reversal/Counter, doggo getting the win, Ash's shocked expression and the whole reaction that came afterwards!!
Absolutely in love with the idea they are treating this as their version of Ash vs Gladion and Leon is meant to be Kukui. I WANT that level of quality!!
Not to mention they even dropped the “Alola League winner” and just called him the Alola Champion

Sham

They have been doing that every Masters 8 battle tho thankfully and giving the title the respect it deserves!!
I don’t they did that in the original introduction though no? Like when they were announcing the other competitors before Alain vs Leon but I could be wrong

Dumb argument both ways.

1) There is no way to say Mega Garchomp is > Mega Lucario ( I would argue Mega Lucario being stronger makes more sense narratively considering the narrative was about Ash overcoming Cynthia who was doing everything in her power to win. Not once did it seem that Cynthia had a handicap which allowed Ash to come out on top this time).
Mega Lucario battled a Togekiss that had taken no damage against Pikachu and then went on to Dynamax (+ Took on all of the Dynamax moves)
Base Garchomp only took real damage from Sirfetch'd who was hit by the Stealth Rock and also fought and defeated Milotic Before.

2) Similarly, no real rationale to say Greninja > Lucario or vice versa. That said, if Lucario does defeat Charizard; I think we could argue this point as it wouldn't narratively make sense for Greninja to be stronger than the World's strongest Trainer owned Pokemon.
Well you're right but I think greninja is still stronger considering Garchomp fell with the help of Sirfercth, also Lucario vs Charizard is a future scenario, it is not debatable