• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Semifinals IV: Impact (1214)

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
What else would it be? It's literally the only place she's associated with it.

Ignition

That defeats the purpose of a nod. It’s meant to be a quick reference. Giving her a brand new look in a special she’s barely involved in for a Pokémon she only uses for 1 attack seems like a waste. She doesn’t use the Z Move in Masters either. It’s not ambiguous when it’s literally the only other medium she’s seen using it.

Ignition

At that point it’s not a nod but rather a reference. Mr Mime was also a central part of that episode. Cynthia and Kommo-o ultimately didn’t do much outside of stopping TRio.

sutellakiara

Shirona, my beloved...
Are we even sure her Kommo-o was a nod to Masters at all.
Kommo-o fighting would have been too hard to animate compared to Togekiss just sitting there on its ass spamming the same move thrice. Cynthia doing the Z-Move dance too. Please understand. Small indie animation studio. We would have had to sacrifice the Garchomp vs Mega Lucario sakuga if we had done that...

Kommo-o fighting would have been too hard to animate compared to Togekiss just sitting there on its ass spamming the same move thrice. Cynthia doing the Z-Move dance too. Please understand. Small indie animation studio. We would have had to sacrifice the Garchomp vs Mega Lucario sakuga if we had done that...
Kommo-o would have likely replaced Gastrodon or Milotic if it were used since they got screentime in Iris' battle with her. Togekiss likely would have remained as it replaced her Lucario from the games since Ash has one this series.

Yxuro

Somebody knows what is the ost during Mega Lucario/Dynamax Togekiss (the last Dai Jet) ? It's awesome

Last edited:

Biorock

Rock
And so Ash's won. Honestly, not sure how I feel about it which is quite dissapointing. Ash vs Cynthia AND ending up with our boy finally suceeding would've been so hype... Had it happened differently. The way done, with further glorification for Lucario was just sickening not going to lie. At least past "aces" like Charizard, Greninja and, yes, even Pikachu were fallible in the sense they had obstacles. Lucario's had what? Bea back when it was a Riolu? They just push Ash and Lucario as a good match so much, anytime the show starts go on this I start wondering how much longer until they put an angel horde descending from heaven and chanting about how goodly holy it is.
While an issue with his entire JN team was needing more screentime, there was hardly any Lucario glorification here. For one, Lucario didn't even appear till the end of the battle. Besides that, it's wins the justified given how hard Togekiss was to take down (Bullet Punch at the end of the second episode to the ground, the second bullet punch to its back when it was Dmax, then the powered up Aura Sphere to its face, and finally the last wave of punched), and Togekiss was a tank.

Lastly the final brawl/slugest had the pokemon wear each other down, and winning by Reversal was the smartest strategy of the episode. Sure there's the overall aspect that all his JN pokemon shouldn't be this strong, but in context of this battle, it was well done. I hardly see Lucario being glorified at all here, the writers were rather restrained here. The writers are hardly glorifying it compared to what you typed above, I hope you could enjoy it.

TheNewGuy

While an issue with his entire JN team was needing more screentime, there was hardly any Lucario glorification here. For one, Lucario didn't even appear till the end of the battle. Besides that, it's wins the justified given how hard Togekiss was to take down (Bullet Punch at the end of the second episode to the ground, the second bullet punch to its back when it was Dmax, then the powered up Aura Sphere to its face, and finally the last wave of punched), and Togekiss was a tank.

Lastly the final brawl/slugest had the pokemon wear each other down, and winning by Reversal was the smartest strategy of the episode. Sure there's the overall aspect that all his JN pokemon shouldn't be this strong, but in context of this battle, it was well done. I hardly see Lucario being glorified at all here, the writers were rather restrained here. The writers are hardly glorifying it compared to what you typed above, I hope you could enjoy it.

The expectation before the episode was that Lucario would be a star at least on a level of Zard vs Gary or Infernape vs Paul if not more. That he would dominate the match utterly.

Instead it beats two opponents, one significantly weakened and one it had a clear type advantage against. This is an acceptable middle ground, completely dismissing the fear-mongering that took place pre-match.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
For all the complaining, I found this enjoyable enough. I don't think any Cynthia fan should be annoyed by this, since she was portrayed with the due respect to a champion and seriously a monster in battle. Watching the battle as a whole, it sure had its problems, but, I'm satisfied. Not an Ash vs Paul or Ash vs Kukui tier, but enjoyable.

Last edited:

KukuiFanatic501

Haven’t been on the forums in a bit but man, this battle was an absolute ride!
Ahhhhh Im ABSOLUTELY in love with this battle and how it went down!!!
That final fight was brief but man it was BRUTUAL! I loved how brutual it was and wished it went on longer. Also really liked the Dynamax Togekiss fight a lot more than I expected!!
All in all, I think my major complaint with this episode is the whole retire thing aspect. Im not sure Im correct but it seems Ash convinced her not to retire as expected. I wish she did though, as in participating in tournaments she doesnt need to and only defending her title, leading to a proper farewell of her and Ash and hopefully the iconic DP line 'when one life meets another, something new is borne'

Also I love they show us Cynthia was mad enough to go and fish a feebas lmao, esp with how hard it is in DP
Sums up my thoughts pretty much lol but yeah, this match is my absolute fav of Journeys and one of my all time fav battles in the series now. Finally seeing Ash make his wish of fighting and beating Cynthia a reality was a real pleasure and was a super big treat to my younger self that grew up with DP.

Congrats Ash!!

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Well now that Cynthia's gone, fortunately Chainsaw Man is starting soon so you can go and simp 100% for Makima
Love the hype for Chainsaw man, don't really read mangas first aside from a few exceptions but looking forward to watching it. However most importantly, SpyxFamily is coming back and that means more Yor :p
Okay i don't actually 'simp' for Yor, I just find her extremely compelling as a character with so much potential. Haven't read the manga so idk but I'm hoping they do proper development and characterization to her in the future and she isn't another Mikasa
Bro when she went dragom claw with her fingers ufff. Absolute beast
Bro I literally gasped
Cynthia has always been the OG waifu for me and I'll always hold a soft spot for her and Mannnnn did this battle deliver on that front.
I honestly think Cynthia and Olivier from FMAB are my only actual anime waifus. Why? And what do they have in common? Go figure :p

ThePokeRaf says that Lucario has been stealing Greninja’s Bond Phenomenon powers and never explains what happen to the bond phenomenon. Funniest thing I’ve seen and it all makes no sense. No ill intent, but I could rip into his videos and roast him if I wanted too, because what he is saying is BS.

I see how BP and Aura are similar but retconning BP into Aura made no sense… so all Pokémon can have Aura now…
Anyways we were robbed of Mega Lucario vs Mega Garchomp damn it