• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Semifinals! Kiawe VS Gladion! (1078)

AuraGuardian448

Aura Guardian
Guzma's undefeated because he runs from battles he can't win via Golisopod's Emergency Exit ability, hence Plumeria's comment on why Guzma is considered. And this time he won't be able to run away from this fight with the fight being 2v2. I see that Guzma is nothing but a paper tiger. Making things worse for Guzma is his ego, which is what I believe will be his downfall. Plumeria warned Guzma not to underestimate Ash, and judging by his comments, he will not take heed to her warning, until it's too late.

At the time you posted this, that was your opinion (which has also been my theory). I was looking for factual information (as it wasn't confirmed at this point in the timeline), and I listed what I did so that—rather than re-watching the episode again due to my sporadic commitment with watching this anime on time—I can come back to that comment and make sure the next episode followed up on that plot-thread. (Not sure if I explained that well enough.)

Sham

The Guardian of War
Ugh the dub's music yet again ruins an epic scene. I'm not understanding why they couldn't just keep the Alola champion theme untouched but that is expected. Elevator music strikes again

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Ugh the dub's music yet again ruins an epic scene. I'm not understanding why they couldn't just keep the Alola champion theme untouched but that is expected. Elevator music strikes again
Is it ironic Sword & Shield has an actual elevator music that actually sounds really good. It's like an indirect burn.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Uncool of Plumeria to spy for Guzma at the beginning of this episode. Now two of Ash's opponents this league that spied directly or indirectly before their battle

I liked the Team Skull rap

Classic Olivia that she fell over before the battle

I was a little shocked at how easy it was for Lycanroc to murder Marowak. At the time, I got worried it might be a 2-0

At the end of this episode, I already easily knew that receiving a memory would be how Silvally would eliminate Turtonator, sadly.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
How is that any different than places like Sinnoh literally letting you look up other trainers and the pokemon on their team?
Spying on a private training session is different from doing your research on your opponent. For example, imagine if a football team is literally attending the opponent's practice, as opposed to just studying the opposing team's film from past games.

Meowth referenced XY121
Mimo is adorable. Great battle so far