• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Serebii Exquisite Corpses

Mrs. Lovett

Rolling writer
I've finished my first session of writing and I'm already a couple hundred words over the minimum limit. (Though I'm not done yet.) xP I know it was mentioned that there's no maximum word count, but I'm curious -- how long have your (everyone's) contributions been so far, roughly?

Negrek

Lost but Seeking
About 2500 words, I think, soooo you'll be fine. :p

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I think approximately 1,500 words, I didn't keep track of the first assignment's word-count, and I don't think I can check now anymore. I personally have had "end goals" in mind for my parts, but I just wrote something until I felt I was done/couldn't come up with anything anymore (as was the case with my last assignment).

The minimum is only 300 words, so going over seems like it's not only recommended, but also pretty easy. To be honest, though, I only wrote about 425-ish words, simply because it was midterms week and I couldn't spare a whole lot of time. I basically had to write as much as I could in one day and leave it. So trust me, you're fine.

LucarioIsMegaEvolving

A single misplaced step
I hope I'm not too late.

Username: Wizpig1231.
Which Exquisite Corpses you’re participating in: Anime episode and Kanto Trainer Fic. (You can choose up to 3!)
Do you want to be a first writer?: I'm way too late for that.
Preferred weeks: None.

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
So, when are the full stories going to be posted?

When each EC runs out of writers, pretty much. *nods* No set date or anything because each thread has a different number of participants, and having the shorter threads wait would mean some mods/participants might be waiting for weeks.

Psychic

Really and truly
Jax hit the nail on the head. :>

The minimum is only 300 words, so going over seems like it's not only recommended, but also pretty easy. To be honest, though, I only wrote about 425-ish words, simply because it was midterms week and I couldn't spare a whole lot of time. I basically had to write as much as I could in one day and leave it. So trust me, you're fine.
Exactly! You don't need to write a huge portion - go with whatever you feel comfortable with/are able to do!

I hope I'm not too late.

Username: Wizpig1231.
Which Exquisite Corpses you’re participating in: Anime episode and Kanto Trainer Fic. (You can choose up to 3!)
Do you want to be a first writer?: I'm way too late for that.
Preferred weeks: None.
Not too late at all! You have been added to both, and your turns will likely be around May/early June. :>

~Psychic

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Ugghhhhh - that was much more difficult than I thought it'd be. A severe kack of time throughout the week meant that I only managed to write about 425 words, and the result isn't one I'm particularly mad about. Hopefully my turn on the Kanto EC will fall on a slightly less chaotic week and I'll be able to contribute a meatier portion.

Perilous Plaything

Up to no good
I'm unbelievably late to this, but I'd like to give it a whirl. :)

Username: Perilous Plaything
Which Exquisite Corpses you’re participating in: Kanto trainer fic, creepypasta, freeform.
Do you want to be a first writer?: No.
Preferred weeks: Any week is cool with me.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I guess I'm a little glad the freeform means you're free to make shit up because I've had a lack of passion for writing this week for some reason--or at least lack of passion for random things at random moments. This and the creepypasta have been the ones I forced myself to hit the minimum word count before stopping because I had nothing. Writing late at night I don't think helps, but inspiration comes at weird times anyway.

So, does this mean I'm now completely free from EC until they get posted up?

LucarioIsMegaEvolving

A single misplaced step
That was harder than I thought, but I still managed to get it finished. I don't think that the time limit is up for me though.

Psychic

Really and truly
I'm unbelievably late to this, but I'd like to give it a whirl. :)

Username: Perilous Plaything
Which Exquisite Corpses you’re participating in: Kanto trainer fic, creepypasta, freeform.
Do you want to be a first writer?: No.
Preferred weeks: Any week is cool with me.
Aaaand added! :D

I am really not having an easy time with my EC, either! I'm still figuring out what I'm doing, tbh. :x Doesn't help that I'm not super familliar with the horror genre!

~Psychic

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
It's offical, I have messed it all up.

If you mean you're worried that you actually did screw something up, feel free to PM the mod who gave you your assignment. We'll do everything we can to help you out. b)'')b

If you mean you broke the game ... then we'll have to wait and see. ;) I mean, the game's kinda pre-broken, so...!

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I think it's time to have an appreciation post for the (four) first writers who started off the ECs whose brain children they willingly allowed an entire village to raise in their own images before they had time to mature.

*gets this off chest* Although how hilarious would it be if one of the ECs involves cars/racing at some point?

The game is broken?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

The game was never even ASSEMBLED.

And you'll goddamn LIKE IT that way!!!

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
The game is broken?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

The game was never even ASSEMBLED.

And you'll goddamn LIKE IT that way!!!

I don't think it's the "game" that's been broken ^_^;.

Though for reals, this must've broken all of us on some levels. I know thinking about what has happened to the anime EC makes me weep on the inside because I had such a beautiful idea and it's never going to come to fruition. I know it's fallen to pieces somewhere, I just don't know where, and I don't think Ash is in Kansas anymore.