• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Serebii Exquisite Corpses

Psychic

Really and truly
I hope everyone has had an excellent Pokemon Day! The initial sign-up period for the Serebii Exquisite Corpses is now over, and us mods will now begin organizing the writers for the four EC's! If you haven't applied yet and would like to participate, fear not - you can still sign up for the Exquisite Corpses at any point, your turn will just be a bit later on. :)

Feel free to chat here about what you're most looking forward to or hoping to see going forward. The first writers will be contacted by March 6th, so keep an eye on your inboxes! Happy writing!

~Psychic

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Quiiiiiick question: so are the finalized stories all going to be linked to through Google Drive similar to the Serebii Yuletide, and are participants going to be listed as to who did what? Or at least names only, and everyone'll have to guess who did what part?

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
Quiiiiiick question: so are the finalized stories all going to be linked to through Google Drive similar to the Serebii Yuletide, and are participants going to be listed as to who did what? Or at least names only, and everyone'll have to guess who did what part?

Psst. That was answered a couple posts ago, in mine. ;)

But to reiterate: posted in the main forum by a mod, with credit added to each part.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Derp, I somehow misread that then XP.

But now that brings up another question: are the first writers allowed to give the title, or will the title be given by the mods posting them on the forum (unless it's just going to be listed as Serebii Exquisite Corpse #1: Anime Episode)?

Psychic

Really and truly
But now that brings up another question: are the first writers allowed to give the title, or will the title be given by the mods posting them on the forum (unless it's just going to be listed as Serebii Exquisite Corpse #1: Anime Episode)?
We aren't really planning on giving the Exquisite Corpses titles, as they're hard to title due to their very nature. :>

We're on day 2 of the first writers' sections, and we're getting into the swing of things! Again, writers are welcome to chat about the experience, as long as they don't give away what they're writing!

~Psychic

katiekitten

The Compromise
Heeeey, can I sign up late? (I love these kinds of things)

Username: katiekitten
Which Exquisite Corpses you’re participating in: A Kanto Trainer Fic and Creepy Pasta.
Do you want to be a first writer?: I'm a little late for that :x
Preferred weeks: Any week before June. But I think we're fine on that front. :')

Psychic

Really and truly
Absolutely, katiekitten, you have been added to both lists! :D

The first writers are wrapping things up and the next writers' turns are quickly approaching! Huzzah!

~Psychic

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I did it. I ruined everything.

Was too quotable to not put in quotes--too bad I can't put it in my sig. Now I'm curious to read your part once it's up lol, I can't wait to ruin everything too. It's going to be beautiful, truly exquisite.

I have a feeling the creepypasta one is going to be one mindscrew of a horror-comedy.

Was too quotable to not put in quotes--too bad I can't put it in my sig. Now I'm curious to read your part once it's up lol, I can't wait to ruin everything too. It's going to be beautiful, truly exquisite.

I have a feeling the creepypasta one is going to be one mindscrew of a horror-comedy.

I can definitely agree. The question is whether or not by the end of the creepypasta the mere story alone counts as an eldritch horror.

10/10 best quote

Psychic

Really and truly
I have added some info to the first post about how communication works! Basically, us mod'll PM each person 1) between a few days to a week before your turn as a heads-up, 2) when your turn begins with a link to a Google Doc to write in as well as the last sentence you have to go on, and 3) to check-in a few days before your week is over to see how things are going. Thanks to PhalanxSigil for prodding me about that. :>

I may have done this as well. Time will tell...

~Psychic

AmericanPi

Write on
Quick question: Since each EC has a different number of people signed up for it and therefore will last a different amount of time, when will each completed EC be posted? Will each EC be posted as it is completed or will all the ECs be posted when the last EC is completed?

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
And now I know for a fact I have ruined creepypasta. It's harder to write than I remember, doesn't help I have no idea if it was supposed to be Pokémon-related to begin with or not, but going with the vagueness of it all is probably the best bet in the long-run. I don't know. I guess I feel more sorry for those who have to write the very last part, as the ending can make or break everything.

I hope that if I get the last part on something, I'm just going to go nuts. I'll pull a "rocks fall, everyone dies" if I have to for poops and giggles.

Psychic

Really and truly
Quick question: Since each EC has a different number of people signed up for it and therefore will last a different amount of time, when will each completed EC be posted? Will each EC be posted as it is completed or will all the ECs be posted when the last EC is completed?
We will most likely be posting each EC as it's finished! We may give some extra time in case people decide they want to jump in and write on one at the last minute, though. I'll post here if that changes!

And now I know for a fact I have ruined creepypasta. It's harder to write than I remember, doesn't help I have no idea if it was supposed to be Pokémon-related to begin with or not, but going with the vagueness of it all is probably the best bet in the long-run. I don't know. I guess I feel more sorry for those who have to write the very last part, as the ending can make or break everything.

I hope that if I get the last part on something, I'm just going to go nuts. I'll pull a "rocks fall, everyone dies" if I have to for poops and giggles.
Ahaha, I so cannot wait to see this. On the plus side, I'm pretty sure there are creepypasta writing guides out there! I feel like Jax would know a few!

~Psychic

So from the sounds of it, the creepypasta is shaping up to be a downward spiral of confusion.

I am looking forward to reading it immensely.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
So from the sounds of it, the creepypasta is shaping up to be a downward spiral of confusion.
Just so everyone remembers, I'm not responsible for that one. But I am going to bring down every other topic with me, kicking and screaming if I have to. Have fun! :D

Guys...My sentence broke me.

So I broke it right back. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
So as a side tip to everyone, you don't necessarily have to break the game in order to get the Corpses to work. Like, the game is meant to break itself, so if you kinda try to go super-cracky, you might actually end up making the stark differences from one part to the next less obvious. By all means, definitely aim for making a sentence that gives the next person a challenge, but, like, juuuuust remember that the game will be cracky on its own.