• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Serebii Journal Discussion Thread Version 2

Would You Like Another Issue Next Month

• Yes

Votes: 18 94.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

McDanger

Like last month, discuss this months issue here. Also vote on if you'd like another issue next month. If it does return, it will be the 5th of April.

Pending Article Ideas

Eaglehawk

Banned
Now that UU is somewhat organized now and is an official Smogon tier, I think it's wise to start delving into that metagame.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I liked this, it was organized very well and pleasant to read. The use of DP and Gen 1 sprites in the respective articles was a nice touch too.

I've got to say, the "What If? moves" article was fun to read. That's definitely something I'd like to see more of in the future. Shift Gear Metagross, Regenerator Swampert (which actually makes sense, unlike Sap Sipper), [insert any good coverage move] Klingklang, the possibilities go on.

I liked this, it was organized very well and pleasant to read. The use of DP and Gen 1 sprites in the respective articles was a nice touch too.

I've got to say, the "What If? moves" article was fun to read. That's definitely something I'd like to see more of in the future. Shift Gear Metagross, Regenerator Swampert (which actually makes sense, unlike Sap Sipper), [insert any good coverage move] Klingklang, the possibilities go on.

Echoing this. Theorymon is always nifty to see, and it would be a good way of getting more people's opinions represented in the Journal.

Something that might be interesting for future articles would be to discuss the ramifications of various changes that have been made throughout Pokémon's history (the introduction of items, Steel/Dark types, abilities, EVs, the physical-special split, etc.) and exploring what the metagame would be like today had those changes not been made.

McDanger

ya i liked the idea and figured we can do one to test the general interest. This will be a recurring article as there are a lot of pokemon that want other moves.

UU we could do tho i would want to wait till the start suspecting. We could do a hidden jem article on BL and discuss their viability in OU and why or why not they may be broken in UU

I third what the above two posters said. More theorymon is nice. Two that I'd like to mention are Shift Gear Metagross, and Dragon Dance Garchomp. Both seem both plausible and threatening at the same time.

Anyways, when I was reading this, one thing bothered me. When you were at the Choice Band set, you made a set for Genesect. Unless I'm missing something, there's really no reason to run Hasty, since there are only physical moves present.

Other than that, I liked it.

Edit: how the hell did I get ninja'd 12 minutes ago...

Even though UU is pretty unstable right now, there are still some top tier threats there. An article on those would be nice.

Last edited:

Eaglehawk

Banned

I third what the above two posters said. More theorymon is nice. Two that I'd like to mention are Shift Gear Metagross, and Dragon Dance Garchomp. Both seem both plausible and threatening at the same time.

Anyways, when I was reading this, one thing bothered me. When you were at the Choice Band set, you made a set for Genesect. Unless I'm missing something, there's really no reason to run Hasty, since there are only physical moves present.

Other than that, I liked it.

Edit: how the hell did I get ninja'd 12 minutes ago...

Even though UU is pretty unstable right now, there are still some top tier threats there. An article on those would be nice.

Funnily enough, I did have a Flare Blitz Klinklang idea ready to go but had to cut it from the final.

Anyway, I'll be finding some new avenue of TheoryMon for March (or someone else). Just wondering what kind of Theorymonning everyone here wants to read/see/feel/taste/etc.

In my opinion all the serebii Journals should be kept in a sub forum of some sorts that way you dont have to search through old threads to find them.

Other than that im really enjoying the series

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
In my opinion all the serebii Journals should be kept in a sub forum of some sorts that way you dont have to search through old threads to find them.

Other than that im really enjoying the series

Eh, I don't think that'd work until we have so many of them that they're clogging up the sticky section. Maybe if there were enough discussion/contribution threads to go with it, but atm I don't see that happening.

McDanger

^this

We wont create a sub forum section unless this continues and increases in popularity

Funnily enough, I did have a Flare Blitz Klinklang idea ready to go but had to cut it from the final.

Anyway, I'll be finding some new avenue of TheoryMon for March (or someone else). Just wondering what kind of Theorymonning everyone here wants to read/see/feel/taste/etc.

Not trying to criticize or anything, but how exactly would a bunch of gears spontaneously combust into flames?

Anyways, Id like what we had this issue. I think its a bit early for theorymonning for new Pokes, and I cant think of anything else off the top of my head.

KamenAeons

Demon Legion (◕‿◕✿)
Not trying to criticize or anything, but how exactly would a bunch of gears spontaneously combust into flames?

Anyways, Id like what we had this issue. I think its a bit early for theorymonning for new Pokes, and I cant think of anything else off the top of my head.

It'll probably grind its gears at a high enough speed to spark itself alight.
I am all for Regenerator Swampert, cause Sap Sipper Swampert will be too OP.
Anything other than lolDamp.

As for suggestions, I guess we could look into the versatility of one-shot items, like Weakness Policies and the like.

Eaglehawk

Banned
Machinery overheats and sometimes can combust.

It'll probably grind its gears at a high enough speed to spark itself alight.
I am all for Regenerator Swampert, cause Sap Sipper Swampert will be too OP.
Anything other than lolDamp.

As for suggestions, I guess we could look into the versatility of one-shot items, like Weakness Policies and the like.

I guess that makes sense. Thats the only thing I could think of tbh.

I also second the items suggestion. Although I think it could be extended to other items too. The only one shot items that are common that I can think of are Weakness Policy, Red Card (Ive seen it a few times), and Air Balloon.

KamenAeons

Demon Legion (◕‿◕✿)
we can do one with air balloon, weakness policy, and berries
>Berries
YES!!! I'm all for that. XD
You'd have to include Harvesters for sure. And maybe Pokemon that abuse other types of berries. Like lolCheekPouch.

And Natural Gifters. Reliable ones like Talonflame among other users.

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
I really don't see the point in doing one with items like those. For the most part, they're extremely niche items. The times to use them are pretty self explanatory, and they hold little presence in the current metagame, unlike Choice Items. Assault Vest is really the only item I could see an in depth analyses be done on. Air Balloon has very obvious uses, type resistance berries are extremely niche/gimmicky, and so is Weakness Policy. For these items I can really only see 1-2 sentences being done on each, and I just don't think it would make a very good article.

Status
Not open for further replies.