1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Serebii Journal Discussion Thread Version 2

Discussion in '6th Gen' started by McDanger, Mar 1, 2014.

?

Would You Like Another Issue Next Month

Poll closed Mar 31, 2014.
  1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    94.7%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McDanger

McDanger Well-Known Member

dont forget status berries, but ya i'm not overly fond of the idea but it is possible. I'm hesitant to do an AV article as smogon just did one

2. Sparkbeat

Sparkbeat FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!

copycatmuch

Besides the Choice Items article, the only article regarding items I can think of that would be useful is one on how much they influence the LC metagame, which could include what impact certain items have on it, and why the reliance on items in the metagame makes Knock Off a much greater threat in LC than in other tiers.

3. McDanger

Next months issue will feature a minimum of 8 articles, one will be an interview and another will be a rmt. Next weekend I will confirm the theme for this month

4. Gray™

Gray™ Well-Known Member

We could do an article regarding Types and listing them from most useless to most useful both offensively and defensively in the current metagame.
    Another article idea could be top 10 abilities seen in OU (to avoid having to refer to Shedinja's WonderGuard)

5. Eaglehawk

Eaglehawk Banned

On that note, we could also do an article about competitive retypings.

6. Clone™

Clone™ Ded

So theorymon for that? That could work.

I'd like to add abilities that some Pokes wish they got. Just like the movepools, except this time its the abilities.

7. McDanger

Heres the update I promised

1. the theme for this month is water. This means we will have a type analysis of water as well as the featured threats being water pokemon

2. I talked with Shine and SkittyonWailord and they both gave me the ok to add a TCG section. This will feature a featured card, pokemon or yugioh, and a deck analysis, again pokemon or yugioh. you can ask for Magic the gathering but i know nothing about that and would need help writing an article on it.

3. Due to popularity, we will feature a theorymon article every month that I can think of stuff more it. Each month will be a different one, meaning this months will not be on new moves

4. This is also a big one. Serebii Journals will be reformatted. Below is a skeleton of the upcoming issue which will have 15 articles

Issue 3

Metagame Articles
    -
    -

Older Generation Articles
    -

Alternate Metagame Articles
    -
    -

Battle Strategy
    -
    -

TCG
    -
    -

Community
    - Interview
    - Featured RMT

Misc
    -Type Analysis - Water
    - Theorymon Article
    -

Entertainment
    -

8. LinksOcarina

LinksOcarina The true master

I am surprised so far there have been no editorials regarding the competitive scene yet. For me personally, that would be a fun bit to write on, a sort of Andy Rooney observation each month or so to close out the journal.

As to the content, so far its pretty solid, but very standard since it is a primary focus on OU play only at this time. As unstable as the other tiers might be, cracking into those soon would be a good idea to keep things fresher. There is only so much that can be said about Aegislash in OU, for example, before it gets too redundant. Hopefully the "type theme" idea you have going on helps to alleviate that problem.

9. McDanger

I have to stick to OU alot because not many of our members play other tiers, tho I plan to as change it up as this gains popularity. As for an editorial, idk if we have enough that happens in a month atm, usually 2 tours and 2 guild wars. I do like the idea tho and we could try it next month since the serebii tours will be running again there in addition to our normal stuff.

10. LinksOcarina

LinksOcarina The true master

I admit i'm in the minority on that, I hate playing in OU because of the rather ABC way of play it almost requires you to do to win.

An editorial doesn't even have to be about events we see, although thats usually the easiest way to do it. It could literally be about anything you want, from how ugly the design a pokemon has, to how effective a game strategy is when in play. I say give it some thought and if you have room next month, give it a shot. Your tribute to the OU pokemon since generation 1 is a good start down that road.

11. McDanger

I may be able to fit it in this month, i do like the idea

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.