• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Serebii Journal Discussion Thread

Would you like The Serebii Journals to continue?

• Yes

Votes: 24 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

McDanger

Due to the popularity of the idea of Megas, there will be a featured Mega next month. As it stands the skeleton for the Marchi Issue will be

March Layout

Metagame Articles

-
-
Battle Strategy

Featured Mega
OU Spotlight Threat
-

Misc
-
-

Community

Interview

Featured RMT

As we get closer I may leak the names of some articles, maybe :p

Manectrifier

AKA Treecko
Great articles, mcdanger! If people start to write articles for this, should they reserve something before they start writing? I am thinking of writing an article, though I don't know what yet. Maybe an article on creative sets, or an article featuring a certain aspect of the metagame such as priority, choice band attackers or hazard control.
Anyway, I think people should reserve an idea before they start writing it to avoid scenarios where two people write about the same thing. Maybe make a seperate thread for reservations?

McDanger

No if we need someone to write an article I will ask them i dont want people pming articles

McDanger

Next issue will start a new concept, theme.
Basically how this will work is once a theme is decided, majority of the articles will be related to the theme in some way. 2 to 3 weeks before the next issue goes up I will reveal the theme of the issue and you are then free to talk on the thread here about possible articles and ideas. Theme examples included

Regions - this will effect the articles and make them focused more on the generation the region was introduced ex Hoenn theme would have more Adv related articles
Old vs New - this will compare what was good or bad and how it is now and significant changes brought to the meta
Types - This will generally reveal an article, but this will make the articles focus on how the type is effective in different metas as well as a type analysis for it

Feel free to talk about themes and possible partner articles for them. This months theme will be revealed on the 8th due to the short month

McDanger

Generally the adv metagame, but it would feature pokemon that were created in the adv era as an example swampert

Eaglehawk

Banned
Can't wait for the 8th

McDanger

This months theme will be Generation Changes covering how stuff has changed from generation to generation

Zachmac

I've got to say, I loved the article about lures. I didn't really read much else besides that, but you pretty much nailed it there.

...Anyway, I'm constantly thinking of my philosophies surrounding Pokemon, I've even considered writing few articles myself before this webzine came out. For example, I've thought of writing on how to determine with if a Pokemon is worth using, or one about how frustration can actually change your skill level. So let me as you this; In the future, when you do start letting other people write articles, how will you determine if they'd make it in? Could we request for articles to be added, or would you go in and give people invitations to write these articles?

McDanger

next month i`m planning on adding about 2 more people on board, maybe some this month depending on how busy I get

Be sure if you are going to nominate yourself to help to include some experience in metagames and such so I know you know what you're talking about :)

McDanger

I`m going to be keeping an eye out for the featured rmt, if i dont see a good one by this weekend i`ll just pick from the archieve

McDanger

Only a few more days till the release of the next issue of the journal. Is anyone hoping for a specific article?

Eaglehawk

Banned
Maybe something on UU and the threats there? UU is starting to become one of my favorite tiers, even moreso than OU.

UU's way too scattered right now to write something conclusive. Even though Kokoloko's past his ban-happy phase (lol BL), he's planning to retest everything back into UU to see if they're truly broken.

McDanger

for those that were hoping for a rmt this month, there will not be one. i was going to do it tonight, but fractured my hand. we will have one next month

Status
Not open for further replies.