• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Serebii Pokemorph and Gijinka Showcase!

octoboy

I Crush Everything
That's pretty good. I really like the tail whip idea. Though the horns seem a little tacked on...

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
The only deadline is when every species of Pokémon has had at least one submission. This used to be so popular...but I'll still submit stuff for Pokémon that might be tough to design, like the non-humanoid ones. (I'll submit another one if this topic is dying too much.)

octoboy

I Crush Everything
You can submit any time.

I'm just wondering if Hunter will use my ideas.

Jinchuuriki Hunter

Johto Champion Ninja
Of course he will. Although he might change a few details.
...Well, it's complete. I just need to find a suitable time to scan it in. Y'know, secrecy stuff.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
^ you draw pokemon in secret? Are you not allowed to do something?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Well, when I was little, my dad would get furious every time I drew. I never figured out why.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
^ have you ever tried asking him after he isn't in a furious mood? Maybe every time you drew, he just so happened to have a very bad day and take it out on you.

Yup, I make insane theories.

Mewmie the shiny Mew

=Cute+Power+Smart
Hi. I finally figured out how to draw humans so I'm going to put a Flygon gijinka. It was actually a request in my shop, and my first attempt at a gijinka, but I think it turned out pretty well. It's not in color though, is that OK?
http://*******.com/view.php?pic=6447wqx
I hope it's good enough.
;151;

Jinchuuriki Hunter

Johto Champion Ninja
octoboy said:
^ you draw pokemon in secret? Are you not allowed to do something?
It's not just drawing in secret, I actually do almost everything in secret. And my mom doesn't seem to like the idea of me scanning pictures into the Net to be viewed by strangers.

@Ophie: Perhaps your dad prefers that you do something more academic, rather than something artistic. I dunno, it's just how I view the majority of parents, always wanting their kids to be smart instead of letting their kids have fun with art.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
That flygon looks great, Mewmie. Kudos for being able to draw a human. Though the tail looks a little tacked on. Though I don't blame you first try, tails are extremely hard to translate.

Jinchuuriki Hunter

Johto Champion Ninja
Oh yes they are, that's why I sometimes don't translate them at all. But some Pokémon are well-known for their tails. Like Aipom. Then I have to think of a way to translate it. (Which for Aipom would be a yo-yo with a palm sticker on it.)

Here be them:

We've got Surskit, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Aipom, Girafarig (and his split personality), the Shellos twins, and Banette.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
I'm a little confused... I could make out some of them, but I wish you'd make a guide, because some are hard to make out.

Still, good job. I love aipom!

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I'm not sure what my dad wanted me to do. When I submitted a comic to Disney Adventures and got a letter back, my dad read it after I did, then angrily said, "Hmph! Keep drawing." (The letter's closing comment was, "And don't forget to keep drawming!") There's something about animation that my dad had a strong dislike for, and one thing he didn't want me to do was go into animation. Of course that hasn't stopped me...

(If you want to know, he was a film fan. His favorite genres were horror and sci-fi.)

Looks like I was beaten to making one for Flygon. I regret that; Flygon is my favorite Dragon-type by far. It's so cute...

For that last group shot, I could identify Banette, Shellos, and Celebi. I think it needs to be shown more clear that the two parts of the Girafarig one are stuck together, and there aren't too many distinguishing characteristics on Mew to translate well into a human. Forgive me if it goes against your style, Jinchuuriki Hunter, but I think they'd be a lot more identifiable if you did them individually and maybe colored. Some Pokémon, like Shellos, are defined largely by their color. (I can understand if you don't want to color them. I'm too impatient to color for the most part. That's why I rarely contribute here.)

Also, I think the Jirachi one can benefit from having those tear-like markings on the face like the actual Jirachi. I don't know if it was intentionally supposed to all be only loosely based on the Pokémon, if it was done without references, or both...But I think because they only keep a few characteristics of the Pokémon hey're based on, that's why people have trouble recognizing what they're based on.

Jinchuuriki Hunter

Johto Champion Ninja
That's okay. It's actually slightly part of my plan to not make them resemble the Pokémon too much. Since I'm going to use some of them in my comic, it'd be best if not a lot of people recognized the characters as Pokémon.
About Girafarig, his ability is split personality. That means there're two different hims but only one can appear at a time. I only drew both of them in there cause I wanted to.

If you can't find Mew, he's the rather normal looking young boy next to Celebi and Jirachi.

Zee-V70

Hi... I'm normally not one to make things like this, but I did make a semi-Gijinka of Pichu. It's not really art, though--it's a trainer sprite. >_>
Main_BoySprite.png

I would draw things and then put them on here, but my scanner isn't plugged in. I'll eventually get it plugged in, on the other hand. I intend to do a Rotom Gijinka. Anyone else thinking Plasma Swords?

Oh, and as for some suggestions, an old woman in a dress-ish outfit for Froslass could work.
Oh, and you can find some of my sprites here, and atm, I think Gradoy/Kenkachu/Slasheelo/Rotatock could work for Pokemorphs/Gijinkas.

-Leafia-

For some reason i think the lack of clockworkz is the rreason why its been dieing cuz usually the thread owner revives it or it will just stay dead

Infinity

Gone...
Clockworkz says:
i just got back from work
Clockworkz says:
take over
Clockworkz says:
im through with serebii
Infinity - not a certified artist says:
Ah

So, looks like I'll take this over soon...

Jinchuuriki Hunter

Johto Champion Ninja
Ah.
Well, if you're taking over the Showcase, are there gonna be like, any new rules for entry or something? Cause if you do decide to change the rules a bit, I might need to adapt myself a bit.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Hmmmm... That pichu doesn't look all that much like one. Pichu is probably better off made into a morph, since all its features are ones which are hard to put on a gijinka (like its ears and tails).