• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Sevii Islands Saga

Manaphyman

Up all night
Well thank you Mixy....you were the one I stole the idea from.....

I'm glad you like Espeon! Your banner is awesome btw!

Alright TC time:
a45202a20eb7440744eafe85f448e0c2.png

Last edited:

Pokemaster271

Electropower!
Yo, I'm going to give a big review today! Oh, and introduce my new assistant, Pika!

;025; Yeah, yeah. Let's just get this over with.

Um, OK. First off, I'll talk about the grammar. Very good. The only problem was that you used commas where periods should be. Oh, and this wasn't rushed. I'd say this is just right. And it had good description.

;025; Ooh, ooh, ooh tell about the Arceus thing!

That was handled well. I could really picture that in my mind!

;025; I guess I should pray. But, first talk about Espeon!

For some reason when I read that end part I imagined a fortune teller talking in a dark, dramatic voice.

;025; Weirdo

Well, I guess that's about it. My longest review yet, thanks to my new, witty assistant, Pika!

;025; If you really want to thank me just bow down to me!

Like that'll ever happen. Anyway, keep up the good work!

~~Pokemaster~~
--Pika--

Last edited:

Manaphyman

Up all night
Thanks Pokemaster!

Lol, Pika...I like those reviews, they give a nice touch. I'm glad you liked the Arceus bit. It seems popular, as well as the Espeon bit....

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
MM, don't take this the wrong way, but I am not going to say anything.
Everything was already said.

Keep up the good work.

Smell ya later...
Sp1derp1g

Manaphyman

Up all night
Alrighty SP, dont worry about it!

Thanks!

On a serious note....

I dont know if Chapter 26 will be on Sunday....lots of pressures, with my Grandpa. I wil try to get it done, and if some one could beta it for me that would be great.

Josiah

is your favorite
Nice chapter, I think it helps your readers understand the pokemon better and the detail has definitely improved. Keep up the good work!

Manaphyman

Up all night
whats with the messed up colors?
No idea.....thank pokecharms for that.

@SP..OH Now I get your PM....I think I'll stick to PM rather than e-mail though, thanks!

@Derkins..That was the effect I was going for, and it seems to have worked.

I really hate to do this to you guys....I am 99.9% Sure that the chapter wil not be posted tomorrow. I'll try my best...but I can't compromise this chapter...so expect it Monday-Wednesday..who knows....maybe tomorrow.

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
do as you please
and btw, hope is the 2nd thing to die, from the bottom
the 1st one is the mother-in-law.

Smell ya later...
Sp1derp1g

Manaphyman

Up all night
lol....

I have been trying to get on the forums, ALL DAY...

I figure by now, you have realized that the chapter will not be up today. Too much craziness, and only 2.5 pages of it are done. It probably wont be up Wednesday either, cause tomorrow I have my physical, tuesday I have debate and track.

Friday....posibility though.

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
that would make 5 of us, but i don't write fics, at least yet...
MM, we can't complain, we can only wait till you get the chapter done, and we will always be there to review the results

Smell ya later...
Sp1derp1g

latioslegends

Woot I have caught up finaly.

Review over the chapies
Ok the plot had me going, a few times I got lost, but got it sooner, or later lol. The movie was well done, just a few mistakes, but excellent. The chapters lately have been a little short, but the plot still has me interested the whole way. Can't wait for your next chapter.

(Now to catch up on destiny journals)

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
dont worry about it MM, like you tell me, take your time and relax. you spoiled us all with 2 chapters a week(thats alot), and hey who knows maybe this little break will do you good. ^^'

Manaphyman

Up all night
Ok the plot had me going, a few times I got lost, but got it sooner, or later lol. The movie was well done, just a few mistakes, but excellent. The chapters lately have been a little short, but the plot still has me interested the whole way. Can't wait for your next chapter.
Thanks. duncan said plot was my biggest strength...so I'm glad it was good.

@S.V.-Your definetly right. I should take my own advice...Maybe this break will do me good. I speculate the new chapter to be up by Thursday.

Manaphyman

Up all night
Chapter 26: The “Wings” of Change

“Now Lindsey, chill. You can’t just go barging in their, he could be sleeping!” John argued, grabbing onto his girlfriend’s arm, much to her dismay.

They had traveled back from Resort Gorgeous all day, swimming, running and everything else possible to get home.

The weather had taken a turn for the worst, temperatures plummeting, and fog enveloping the island like a thick blanket. It had been a real struggle to get here, and the group reflected it.

Lindsey was drenched in water, her hair and clothes completely soaked, and still dripping. Mud dotted her clothes, which were almost impossible to decipher now. Mud also streaked her hair, blending in with it’s dull blond sheen. It was a wonder that they had let them in.

George and Joey looked the same, their normally buoyant hair completely flattened. They were shivering, begging to go home. They did not realize the enormity of the situation.

Mike couldn’t stand it anymore, and went back to the Pokemon Center to take a shower. The group was disgusted in him for not caring about Harken, but were not completely focused on that.

“Can we please go in now?” Lindsey begged, slapping John on the shoulder repeatedly.

“Chill.” John argued back, grabbing her free hand with his other arm. The two were now engaged in a “pushing battle” they had control over the other’s arms, and attempted to break free.

In the middle of the fight, John, un-phased, was forced to stare at the ground. He saw the monotonous white tile that was the floor throughout the hospital, and their own brown mud laden footprints.

The walls were also the same pure white, giving the whole place an eerie, dull feeling to it. Then again, it was a hospital.

“Stop! Let’s let go of each other on three!” John tried to compromise.

“No! Not unless we go into Harken’s room NOW!” She barked back.

“Fine!” he folded, letting go of her. Immediately, she ran to the door, which was marked 435, and barged in.

“HARKEN!!!” She squealed and ran in. Much to her dismay, the figure lying in the bed was not Harken, but a bald female who had been a sleep. The patients black eyes stared piercingly at Lindsey. Slowly she backed out, her face beat red with embarrassment.

As she backed out, and cautiously shut the door, John began his “I told you so” rant.

“I was trying to tell you, that’s not his room.” John snickered.

Lindsey shot him an evil look, and walked to room 436, grabbing the doorknob. “Is THIS the right room?” She snapped sarcastically.

“No, it’s 434.” John motioned, pointing to the room around the corner. As soon as he did, she dashed around the corner.

“Alright lets go.” John whispered, running at room 436, and ripping the door open. George and Joey ran in too, gently shutting the door behind them.

They walked into a tiny, cramped private hospital room. It was cluttered, clothes littering the floor around the entrance, and bathroom door. There was a large, widescreen TV, which was on top of a dusty dilapidated nightstand. It was currently off, a small remote nestled atop it.

The room had no windows, and smelt disgusting. In the right corner was a medium-sized hospital bed, which was occupied by a motionless body. Beside the bed was a tall, dark womanly figure. She was tall, with dark, flowing black hair. Her frail looking body was covered loosely by a dark black dress, which blended with her hair. The dress flared at the bottom, concealing her feet. She was tending to the machines that Harken was hooked up too.

She picked slowly looked up from her work, showing almost no emotion on her pale face. Her eyes were dark black, her skin white as a ghost, plastered with wrinkles. She walked towards them, a distant clapping of high heel shoes on a hard tile accompanying her with every step.

“I’m Hannah.” She said, introducing herself when she finally did reach them. She outstretched her boney hand to shake John’s.

“I’m John Woodward, of Four Island.” He introduced, motioning to his friends. “That’s George, and Joey. Their last names are not important.”

Suddenly, the door burst open. “JOHN!” Lindsey’s voice screamed as she charged in, slamming the door behind her.

“And that’s my girlfriend, Lindsey.” He introduced, a tad worried to see her reaction.

Lindsey shot him a piercing look that probably meant “We’ll talk later.”

“Nice to meet you Lindsey, I’m Hannah.” The tall women re-introduced.

Hannah led them to Harken’s bed. His tired, 16 year old body was slumped on the bed, his brown hair a rats nest, and a light blue blanket covering all put his face. His figure could be seen as lumps in the blanket.

The blanket rose and fell gently with each labored breath the soldier took. He was alive, just sleeping.

Hannah put her hand gently on Harken’s head, and knelt down beside him. “Harken, wake up. You have company.” She whispered into his ear.

His eyes blinked open immediately, and he pulled himself up by clumsily grabbing the railings next to his bed.

“Huh?” He asked, confused. His voice was raspy, and his throat swollen.

“John? Lindsey?” His eyes lit up in disbelief. “You guys are here!”

The group was astounded at this. They came expecting the worst, but Harken was talking, and breathing, and healthy. A silence plagued the room.

It was Lindsey who first spoke, tears welling up in her eyes. “Yeah…its us. I can’t believe….I mean, what happened?”

Harken paused for a second, and closed his eyes in concentration. “I don’t really know. I remember…” he trailed off, lost in his thoughts.

John moved closer, “You can tell us. That’s what we’re here for.” He whispered.

“I killed a man, John. I shot him, square in the chest. I ran towards the bunker, to try and help him. It was so chaotic and violent. There was no emotion, no fear, no thoughts.” He attempted to explain.

“Was he Galactic?” John stuttered, refusing to believe that Harken had killed anyone.

“He was. I ran towards him, and dived in the bunker that he was shooting from. I tried to help him, but he wouldn’t have any of it. Then after that….I just remember pain. My legs were splintered, and blood was everywhere.” he finished.

“Is that it?” George questioned sheepishly.

“No. I remember…a bird. A huge white magnificent bird. It killed everything. Everything but me.” He whispered, almost not believing his own words.

“So how are you?” Joey asked banally, ruining the mood.

At this point Hannah stepped in. “He has lost lots of blood, and he has had several operations to save his legs. He suffered 7 broken ribs, all of which are healing. As of now, he should be fine.” She soothed, reading the worry that was painted on their faces.

“I can handle this Hannah.” Harken interjected, motioning for the group to come closer to him. They encircled his bed.

“I am flattered that you came to see me, but you need to get on with your lives. You need to beat gyms, and contests, travel the islands, have fun. I will recover, and when I do Lindsey, be on you’re A game. I expect a feirce battle with you in the Grand Festival.” He ordered.

“Now go,” he continued, sternly. “Live your lives.”

“Can we at least stay for a half an hour more?” Lindsey pleaded.

Harken paused as he saw the sincerity in Lindsey’s eyes. “Take a seat.” he conceded.

-----------------------------------
That half hour dragged on for two hours, until Hannah finally whisked them out, insisting that Harken get his rest. The group found their way out of the hospital, and back to the center. When they arrived back at the Pokemon Center, Joey departed to take a shower.

George, Lindsey, and John relaxed in the small yard outside the center.

They sat around a small, circular granite table in silence, each trying to comprehend what exactly had happened.

The sun was barely visible above the fence, the afternoons were becoming darker and crisper as autumn set in. But then again, it was November 1st.

George broke the silence. “Linds, what about a bird pokemon battle?” He suggested, excitingly releasing Murkrow. The bird flew out of his poke ball in delight.

“Sure.” She said hesitantly. She released Chatot, who wasn’t as keen on the idea. Glaceon appeared too, and sat down next to John, preferring to watch.

“John, hold the egg please? Be referee too!” Lindsey ordered, placing the egg on John’s lap and running over to an empty patch of grass.

George dived into the battle, commanding Murkrow to use Sucker Punch.

Lindsey attempted to counter the attack. “Sing!” she ordered.

Murkrow flew rapidly towards Chatot, which just hovered in the air, expecting the attack.

She opened her mouth, and began to serenade the crow pokemon with a beautiful soothing music that made even John drowse.

The crow pokemon was asleep before it reached Chatot, it’s body a victim of gravity, as it hit the ground hard.

“Dammit! Murkrow wake up!” George screamed, much to his dismay.

“Now’s our chance Chatot, Chatter!” Lindsey commanded.

In the same manner as she sung, Chatot began to scream loudly at Murkrow. It was no ordinary scream. It was damaging, and seemed to drain the energy out of anything around it, including John and Glaceon, who seemed to be “taking damage.”

John’s ears rang violently, and his head ached. He was never going to catch a Chatot. Ever.

At this violent serenade, Murkrow woke up, confused.

“Finally!” George yelled, jumping up in excitement. “Use Haze!” He commanded.

Murkrow seemed disoriented, and unsteady. It wobbled on his feet, and attempted to balance himself. It stood upright for a moment, but then slumped over in defeat.

George was astonished. He was not able to get off a single attack. He returned Murkrow, and ashamedly waltzed towards John, dragging his feet.

“Amazing job Chatot!” Lindsey exclaimed, allowing the tired bird to rest on her shoulder.

<Good Job!> It repeated, settling down on Lindsey’s shoulder.

Lindsey sat herself back down on the hard stone bench triumphantly, snuggling close to John. The autumn air was beginning to cool rapidly, their breaths now being visible every time they exhaled.

The trees around them were losing their leaves, bare branches mixing with amazing colors of red and yellow. That’s what was great about the Sevii’s. They had essentially three seasons: Spring, Summer, and Fall. John yearned for an actual winter though. He had never seen actual snow.

“Is the egg ok?” Lindsey asked, showing a strand of worry.

“I’m sure its fine.” John comforted, passing it to Lindsey.

“Oh!” Lindsey screamed, the egg shaking violently in her lap. “It’s hatching everyone!”

The egg suddenly was bathed in white, pieces of pink shell exploding around them. The air around them was suddenly warm, as if they were sitting around the fire. Faint noises were heard from the glow, cries, maybe even calls. Lindsey’s face could not be scene amidst the glow.

The egg really began to break up now, pieces scattering everywhere, littering the ground like the leaves.

With a blinding flash that startled even Lindsey, the glow subsided, revealing a cute pink star.

It sat contently in Lindsey’s lap, it’s pink fur neatly straight all over it’s petite body.

Her arms hung down about an inch, and her legs weren’t even 5 inches long. A pink wisp of hair shaped like a point poked up from in between it’s eyes. Two green ears also stuck out like star points on each side of it’s head as well.

“Cleffa!” It exclaimed, excited to see Lindsey.

Lindsey, overwhelmed, embraced her tiny new pokemon, holding it like a baby. Seeing the opening, and getting a little jealous, Glaceon jumped on her lap too.

Lindsey was speechless. She hadn’t seen experienced an egg hatching (that was her own) since Eevee 3 months ago. She just stared, and squeezed, at a loss for words.

Motivated, John grabbed two poke balls from his belt. pressing both buttons simultaneously, he released both Espeon and Phanpy. The long nose pokemon jumped in his arms, and the psychic pokemon curled up on his lap, warming him up.

“That looks like a powerful Espeon.” a dark, feminine voice said.

Out of nowhere, the ominous figure that was Hannah appeared in front of them.

“W-Where did you come from?” John asked, confused.

“That’s not important. I came here to ask you if you were going to challenge the Five Island Gym.” She asked.

“Yes, that is my intention.” John answered, skeptically.

“The leader is very tough. She is supposed to be the best ghost trainer on the island.” She said, almost testing him.

John’s eyes lit up in delight. “Who is it?” He asked.
“Her name is Hannah. Hannah White.” She smirked.

At first, John didn’t understand. “Oh…I don’t know her.” He said, disappointed.

Hannah looked embarrassed, mad even. “I am the gym leader moron!” She yelled.

John still didn’t get it. It took him a few seconds, but it finally clicked. “Oh!” He exclaimed, feeling like an idiot.

“So do you want me to explain the rules of my gym? You need to know them to challenge me tomorrow?” She asked.

John nodded his head. Agreeing so that he would not get yelled at.

“In my gym, there is a mini tournament. You need to beat two other challengers to get to me. But if you fail, fear not, it is only for gym times. If you win, you face me tomorrow. If you lose, you face me the next day, and so on.” She explained.

“It will be a Four on Four battle, against all ghost pokemon. Up for it?” she finished.

“What kinda question is that! Of course!” John said excitedly. He had not had himself a good battle in about 3 weeks.

“Come to my gym at 10:00 tomorrow morning. I will be waiting.” She said, ominously, and disappeared into the coming night. The sun had finally set, and darkness had begun to creep in around them.

To be continued….

Author’s Notes: Wow. I finished this yesterday, but edited it today….sorry for the delay everyone. It is a tad short, but then again I said what I needed to say. It is not rushed by the way. The next three chapters are a marathon of gym battles, so those of you will be satisfied by Chapters 27, and 28, and of course 29.

I will only reveal the dub for 27: Duel of Fates.
That will possibly be out by Next Wednesday…I wanna get to Chapter 30 by Christmas.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
Cool chapter!. Didnt really notice any errors. And I cant believe I'm actually saying this, but i wish Harken would have been a little more emo or depressed about thsi whole thing>_> but still good none the less

Josiah

is your favorite
Ooo... a ghost gym. It sounds interesting, and I'm glad to hear we're finally getting another gym battle. Good Chapter. One question though, why wasn't Mike there the whole two hours they were with Harken? Is he still taking a shower or what? Overall though, good chapter and keep up the work.

Manaphyman

Up all night
very good chapter, as usual.
I really have a lot to learn

lol, thanks Sp....but it took me so long to get there, you will too.

Cool chapter!. Didnt really notice any errors. And I cant believe I'm actually saying this, but i wish Harken would have been a little more emo or depressed about thsi whole thing>_> but still good none the less

Lol, thanks, I should have sent you the chappy. But just as a warning to everyone...Harken won't be in for a LONG time.

Ooo... a ghost gym. It sounds interesting, and I'm glad to hear we're finally getting another gym battle. Good Chapter. One question though, why wasn't Mike there the whole two hours they were with Harken? Is he still taking a shower or what? Overall though, good chapter and keep up the work.

Thanks derkins, anyways, Mike was in the shower, chilling, playing with his pokemon... not there. And yeah, Ghost Gym...I can't wait to write that.

Lucarioman777

First thing: I'm alive!

Second thing: Yahoo! Gym Battles coming up!

Review: Yes, it was short, but hey. I still liked it. Go Harken! And tournaments! Anyway, this chapter's good. Intro's the tourney in the next chapter, which I'm fervently hoping will be AWESOME! Except that Harken didn't even seem... tired. After all that, a lot of time would have to elipse before he'd be that recovered. Oh well.

With best wishes,
--Lucarioman777

P.S. No Riolu? Bummer.

P.S.S. Lucario/Gallade/Staraptor pwn all.