• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Sevii Islands Saga

Manchee

extra toasty
Figured I'll be the first to post (assuming there are no ninja-ing posts or lagging forums).

The final chapter wasn't too exciting. Not to sound mean, just saying in general, it wasn't exciting. Though I know for a fact that it's meant to be that way since it's a calm setting with John somewhat reconnecting with the dead people that used to be in his life. Really, it was nice, please don't take this the wrong way.

Of course the cliffhangers made it frustrating, since I'm guessing we'll get more info on Lorelei in the next fic (weird not saying chapter...), we'll see John's new team, etc etc. I really don't have much to say for this last one.

The reason behind this short review though is because I want to post a long review, telling my whole feelings about The Sevii Islands Saga. I'll start typing it sometime tomorrow most likely, and then post it after others post. Just so you know to expect one more post from me here.

Air Dragon

Ha, ha... not.
Hi, MM! Guess this is my last TSIS review, hunh? OK, guess I gotta do this BIG, hunh?

Like Buraddo Aipom, I think the ending was a little weak. After all the pulse-pounding action, it seemed like quite the awkward stop. Unless the next saga picks up EXACTLY where this ended, it certainly felt like it fizzled out.

The letter, for example. Whilst very moving, was, unless I'm wrong, sealed. You made no indication of John reflecting on the words within, or how or why we should know the contents. There was no sign of him showing the letter to anyone either. It seemed off.

There was also no indication on Mike's reception to his assignment. Or Lindsey. One piece of advice for the future is to expound more on the support staff in future. You left them as bounding from one sphere of character to the next.

However, the future of the cast seemed steeped in intrigue so the future chronicles seem really highlighted on. Especially Scott. He doesn't seem as reformed as one might think. You seem to be more eager to get that show on the road than maybe you'd realize.

Well, all in all this was quite the ride. A little tough to follow at time, but you grow with time. Looking forward to the future! This is AD, signing out.

L@er!

Manchee

extra toasty
Okay, well I'm going to write this up and post it now. It might sound like I'm yelling at you or trying to tell you what you have to do in the sequel, but I really am not trying to sound that way. I really just want to put up some suggestions and give you some warnings. Mostly just all my collective thoughts from reading the past few chapters or so. Again, please don't take this too harshly.

Okay. So. First thing. I want to say congrats on finishing this. It feels like forever ago when I started reading this; back when Eclipse was the owner of the SPC. Wow. We were so different, as was this fic. And so much has changed. You're going to college, etc. I love the feeling of having been with this story for so long, and being able to see it finish, even if it wasn't completely to my preferences (but again, not my fic, so that shouldn't be taken like I'm telling you to always make sure I like it).

I just wanted to let you know that before I delve into the big parts of this.

Now, the review of everything. I liked the way this began when I first started reading it. iirc, wasn't one of the boys telling the Arceus myth thing? I think the image that the beginning scene made in my head - the one of four innocent boys just talking about stuff - made the story seem so much more relatable and real. The Prologue is okay now, don't get me wrong, I just think you changed it too much. I was just disappointed that the fic that started so innocently and with such young and happy characters (which later and at a nice pace grew into more mature characters fighting a serious war) had its beginning changed around so much.

Speaking of the innocent beginning and such, I love how this all started. Irregardless of how badly George and Joey were handled, I really did like the Gym Leaders you made, the setup of the Gyms on the Islands, and the journey where everyone was just having fun. I'm not even sure where it started changing from five kids on a journey to five kids fighting in a war, but the transition went at an excellent pace, and I seem to have forgotten that recently - it doesn't change my views on recent chapters though, so you know.

Moving on to the topic of your characters and their development, just watch out in the sequel. In my opinion, I think you should try bringing John back to the innocent character he used to be. Right now he's so depressing and literally gets on my nerves. The change of him maturing was nice, yes, but he went from a soft, squishy little kid to this hard, somewhat emotionless rock. Again, just in my opinion, watch out to not make him even harder. And if you want to take this advice, I also want to just suggest that you don't actually say that you're changing John back to be more innocent. It really breaks the transition.

I also want to suggest that you try taking peoples' opinions and suggestions more. It's one thing to say you can take criticism and then make excuses for things, but it's another to listen to your readers and radically change how your story goes. I know, because I've done just that. The Sapphire Story, in the recent-most chapter, wasn't at all the same. Changing the fic so that it appeals to readers and also to you will help immensely in gaining reviewers, and I think the reason you don't have many right now is because of that. Rviewers take the time to express their feelings about what they read, and when the writer completely ignores them about what they've said it feels like a cold slap in the face. Almost like "Hey, thanks for giving this thread +1 postcount, now I'm going to just continue on and not pay attention to anything you just spent time writing for me." :/ Believe me, all those times I mentioned George and Joey only to have nothing done until chapters later (which ended up being done in not the best way, imo) really made me not want to review. Which I did a few times. js. Make sure to really take into account what people have to say. I know you do read what we write and do change some things, but sometimes it has to be a bigger change than what you might like. Though you could probably end up liking it if you be sure to have fun with it.

In the sequel, try not to change the reason most people are reading your fic. Like in this fic, I'm sure at least eighty percent of your writers were here to read the journey of John and Lindsey and them trying to reach their goal of the League/GF. As things change primarily to the Galactic stuff, it got kind of dull- actually no, I have to be honest; it got really dull. I know you wanted it to be full of action or suspense or something, but ninety-five percent of the time it failed :/ ...moving on. Having the League and Grand Festival both end at the very beginning of them made the twenty plus chapters of Gym Battles and Contests completely pointless. No one wants to read all that only to have it ruined in the end - and I really mean that, it was so anti-climactic that it went downhill from there. The stuff you see as filler-y and somewhat pointless is usually a big part of why readers enjoy stuff. You have to establish what is completely off-topic to the plot and will bore your readers from what's only slightly off-topic but still makes your readers want to read.

In regards to John's new set of Pokémon (and I'm sure you know this already, but I want to repeat it), please choose what you're going to do with them ahead of time. Either name them and give them personalities or don't. It was annoying to have to reread stuff after you threw in all their nicknames and everything.

Oh. This thought just occurred to me: you should try to include more interesting filler/side-scene stuff in chapters. Not to be demanding here, but more actually begging. The filler scenes you have now are boring, what with the Harken scene in the chapter before last. Like really, not really anyone wants to read that kind of stuff unless it's the main characters doing it. In TSS I include tons of scenes that I could easily delete and stuff would still make sense, but it adds to the parts that make it enjoyable, and most things in this fic lacked that. Sorry :/

I don't like ending on that somewhat harsh note, but that's all I have to say. All my thoughts on this fic are out, and all my suggestions are mixed in. Please take this all into account, and if you hate me and want to make excuses or yell at me through PM, I completely understand. No one likes a lot of criticism, especially not this much all at once, but it needed to be said.

Once more, huge congrats and harrahs to you for finishing, and I wish you the best of luck in your sequel.

Last edited:

Manaphyman

Up all night
@BA (Chapter review)-

The last chapter was just as I thought it would be. There was NO way to extend the climax any further and keep what I want to do in the sequel. So it turned out a bit boring, or at least, I thought you would think it was boring. I feel like if its not pulse-pounding action, you get slightly bored. Typical guy, as it happens to me sometimes too haha.

Anyways, the cliffhangers had to be there because I needed to segway into the plot of the sequel. All I can tell you is that things are not as they seem, and there is a lot to the plot of TSIS that you don't know about. Thats what NF is about. Lorelei isn't going to be in NF as a major character, but the filler scenes will be about her. I can also tell you that the main plot is going to revolve around John, Mr. Jordan, and a third character. In every chapter Mike and Lindsey will also be showcased, as well as Scott. Mike, Linds, and Scott will not be with John though.

At any rate dude, thanks for being here for the ride, the betas, and talking me through a couple things. I'll be sending you a pm about that final review of yours, though...

@AD-

The thing is, the next saga picks up one week after these events. So I hope it works out, but I may ask for a bit of advice down the road about it. Don't be surprised if you see a pm?

The letter was something I felt was needed because it not only gave insight to John, but it tied up the Grandfather plot. I felt that since it was so central to the plot (John had to redeem his Grandpa, his Grandpa was the reason essentially for the war, ect.) it needed to be tied up in the ending. The last scene was intended to give readers insight into what the letter said; demonstrating John's reluctance to continue as he is leaving. I thought that juxtaposition was important. The themes in the letter are central to Nightfall.

Anywhoser, I get what you're saying about Mike and Lindsey. That was kind of my bad, but I felt as if the first chapter of the sequel could adequately take care of their story. (You'll see what I mean when you read...not saying you're wrong, but what I have planned for them has to happen in chapter 1 of NF.)

I gotta tell you, I am so excited to write about Scott. He's such a fun character. Anyways dude, thank you so much for your patience, your diligence and your reviews. You have been a great help and its an honor to have had you review.

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
First of all, MM, let me say, congratulations on finishing this fic. It was very long, and I cannot imagine ow much work you must have had. That, combined with the powerful emotional charge you invested in this story, it makes this story one of the best Non-Advanceshipping fics I've ever read (though, when I started reading this, there was Advanceshipping in it).

That being said, I'll do a chapter-by-chapter review (I haven't reviewed this in a long time, and this is my way to making it up to you.)

Chapter 37: I'll say to you, reading this out loud gives you another whole view of the story. Making Lindsey compete in the contest was a way of trying to deliver some sense or normalcy to the situation, even though it's not helping much.
It makes sense that Donphan and Espeon are the way they are right now. Donphan witnessed everything as a small Phampy and Espeon can read and share thoughts with John.
Espeon's ability to read John's mind was put to use again.

The flashback - I liked the description of the ambulance, the fact that you said Grandfather with capital G, it reinforces the idea that John had thought about his grandpa and linked the ambulance to him.
I know this was probably not the point, but this made me laugh:
"They seemed nice; their tall, slender figures would have aroused John if he were not so injured."
I can't believe you actually inserted that... Also, this:
"Their bodies were good looking at least; their faces probably were too."
this made it even more clear that John was so spaced out (lacking a better word) to see the nurses' faces.
The scene where John finds out about Francis' death... Whoa, intense...

Back to the contest - Espeon's words do not seem to come out of a Pokémon. In my opinion, I believe that it was something someone said to you at a critical moment of your life. Am I right?

John Woodward, defender of the Sevii Islands. I don't recall having read John's last name...

Another flashback - The second flashback was very well written, showing how John tried to process his anger.

Again, Espeon is the one that prevents John from doing something reckless and stupid.

I liked the song. From the lyrics, I must admit it was very well chosen. Unless it wasn't...

Bit by bit, things are very slowly returning to normal...

Chapter Overall Analysis (capitalizing words makes them look cooler) - I really liked this chapter, you have John starting his descent into darkness and then give him a small hope that, just maybe, things will return to normal.

On another note, I need you to do me a really big favor.
After every review, I need you to post here thanking for the review or something, so I don't get infracted. Thank you.

Manaphyman

Up all night
@SP- Thank you for the review! Always appreciated, thats for sure.

Although it had been a while since I wrote that chapter, I remember it being quite powerful and almost difficult to write. I drew on the death of my grandfather for inspiration, which made it hard. In trying to capture the intensity of the moment one learns that someone they felt close to, if only for a moment, died, I put a lot of my own experience into it.

I really liked how you noticed the small intricacies that I put into it. (grandfather with a capital G, the flashbacks, the song choice, Donphan and Espeon's personalities, ect)

Thank you for the detailed review! I really appreciate the time and effort into it, as well as the compliments and critique. The main purpose of the chapter was to bring John to a dark place. Glad it worked. :]

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
Chapter 38: Apparently John and Lindsey are having a relaxing day.

"The Last Of The American Girls"... who is that from again?

It's perfectly normal for Lindsey to ask what is an American. That's what you get when you introduce real world stuff into a fictional universe...

He looked out over the shiny black railing, into the deep fathoms of the Sevii Ocean.
For some reason, I feel like was looking at the ocean when I read this...

John's reaction upon being called lucky is very genuine...

I've heard that PMS can make a girl incredibly mad at nothing.

Espeon knows about women... Does she give advice? To outsiders, I mean.

Look, my first chest hair!
John here sounds so much like my brother...

Never, ever, EVER, under any circumstances, say to a girls she's fat. That equals death.

Going Away to College seems awesome! I'm gonna listen to it.

This line was incredibly hard for me to write, because I could not stop laughing. You're kissing your girlfriend, sharing a passionate and intimate moment, when - out of nowhere - you get soaked by your best friend. That, too, equals death...

This line was awesome:
“All right, you hot sh*ts. You have my attention now, so how about a battle?” John asked, hungry for the nostalgia of a battle that didn’t determine either a gym outcome or the outcome of the lives of others.

This is the very first time I've ever seen the sun being called a "bright ball of enflamed hydrogen and helium." Very creative.

The radio changed again. "Mutt" by Blink-182. Is that station having a Blink-182 marathon?

<Son of a female Houndour!>
Bad MM, you should not curse...

And Spearow evolves... after cursing...

Budew evolved in the middle of the battle. "...to make it dramatic." That move on a contest would score...

John and Razor fighting. Razor is indeed a cool nickname.

Lindsey and Clefairy are winning against Mike and Teddiursa.

Joey's a little on the edge, isn't he...

Chapter Overall Analysis: This chapter is a much needed change of pace when compared to the previous one. This included a lit of John/Lindsey interaction and battles, lots of battles... To sum it all up, I loved it.

Manaphyman

Up all night
Chapter 38: Apparently John and Lindsey are having a relaxing day.

"The Last Of The American Girls"... who is that from again?

It's perfectly normal for Lindsey to ask what is an American. That's what you get when you introduce real world stuff into a fictional universe...

Green Day. Great song. :] But yup, figured that needed to be comedic, as America doesn't exist in my Pokemon world.

For some reason, I feel like was looking at the ocean when I read this...

John's reaction upon being called lucky is very genuine...

I've heard that PMS can make a girl incredibly mad at nothing.

Espeon knows about women... Does she give advice? To outsiders, I mean.

Glad it had that effect. :]

And yes, PMS is scary...sometimes.

Espeon saves her advice for John, but being a psychic Pokemon, she is rather wise. ;]

John here sounds so much like my brother...

Never, ever, EVER, under any circumstances, say to a girls she's fat. That equals death.

Going Away to College seems awesome! I'm gonna listen to it.

This line was incredibly hard for me to write, because I could not stop laughing. You're kissing your girlfriend, sharing a passionate and intimate moment, when - out of nowhere - you get soaked by your best friend. That, too, equals death...

Yup. Learned that one the hard way...

Great song dude, you should!

And thats happened to me too...figured I would integrate a little bit of real life and comedy into an otherwise serious fic.

John and Razor fighting. Razor is indeed a cool nickname.

Joey's a little on the edge, isn't he...

Chapter Overall Analysis: This chapter is a much needed change of pace when compared to the previous one. This included a lit of John/Lindsey interaction and battles, lots of battles... To sum it all up, I loved it.

Thanks! I like it too.

Oh yes...keep reading.

Glad you liked it! Like I said, we needed something light and fun after the heavy chapters before it. Keep on reading, and thanks again!

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
And here it is!

Chapter 39:

I like the nickname John gave Espeon, Violet.

Mike and Joey had a wager going on regarding Violet's nickname?

Blaze for a Magmar... It fits...

John found the Gym, and he's set on getting the last badge...

After registering, the beach awaits the gang.

Ironhide for Donphan... I think I'm not the only one to see a Transformers reference here, am I?

George's nicknames are awesome!

I like Joey's nicknames, but I think that Apparition would be more fitting a Gengar...

Can you believe that whenever I read Monarch's name, I immediately think of Marshtomp?

Monarch's training is about to begin! Horray for unusual training methods!

*Gasp* A gym battle? In the beach? That has clearly never happened before! Especially on the Orange Islands...

This is the very first time I've ever seen the word "repertoire" in a fanfiction before...

"We're ****ed..." That you are...

John wanted to make amends and things become even worse than they were.

Sunlight, the Quilava... Awesome, though would be more fitting if given to a Sunkern, or Sunflora.

Bettle 4 sets of trainers, can't heal the Pokémon, and can only do that after they reach the Leader. Basically, it's just like the Battle Tower.

And it's time. The battle for the final badge awaits them. But before there will be other battles...

Chapter Overall Analysis - This chapter was filler, so there isn't much to say. But I did like the nicknames the Pokémon were given, and overall, the whole chapter. Great job!

And yes, I'll keep reading... :D

Last edited:

Manaphyman

Up all night
Thanks for Chapter 39 review!

Glad you liked the nicknames and stuff :] The Dragon gym leader is designed to be in the Battle Tower, and thus be of a battle tower format. Chapter 40 (your next one to read) was really fun to write...and I believed I co-wrote that one with Bay (wonderful girl) and Burrado Aipom. (who I have since had a falling out with)

Manchee

extra toasty
(because I feel like I need to say this)

MM... I really don't think you have a bad fic here. In fact, it is a very nice one, with a bunch of large plot parts that went mostly smooth each time. You had an amazing beginning to this, even with the stuff that was poorly written, it's still so awesome and relaxing to read (at least for me, which might be because one of my favorite sppf memories is sitting in my family large office chair reading chapter after chapter). You handled the transition from easy-going trainer fic to war/TG-related thing nicely, but my only problem was how much the war stuff overtook everything else. I'm not sure if that was clear at all in any recent reviews, but it's a lot of what I was trying to say.

You changed a lot way to quickly, which might have caused for a lot of the readers to shy away. My opinion is that if you figure out a way to transition John into being back to the more exciting and fun John from the beginning, it might help people enjoy this more. His constant seriousness and adult attitude is kind of turn-off-ish. Yeah, a lot of the stuff is serious and there was the whole death of Francis that made John different, but this started being like something in a tv show where you are waiting through the build-up for something exciting to happen and things to get good again, but it didn't really, which was a big fuel for my other reviews.

But yeah, this was a really good fic, and I'm going to be checking out the sequel to see how things go. I just want to let you know my opinions in case any of it was unclear or lost through my suggestions and opinions from before~

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
Chapter 40:

So there's another gym on Eight Island...

John is getting slightly angry at Mike...

First battle: Adam's Altaria and Marvolo's Gastrodon vs. Mike's Fierce and John's Razor.

And the battle begins...

Intense battle. It's very good when an author is able to bring a person's feelings into a Pokémon battle.

Razor's out...

...then Gastrodon...

...then Altaria. Mike and John won the battle.

While on the elevator, Mike seems to want John to fail.
But Mike is stuck with John, whether he likes it or not.

Next battle: Rich's Growlithe and Veronica's Politoed vs. Mike's Honey and John's Violet.

Rich and Veronica are having problems in paradise... And by paradise I mean, oh, you know what I mean...

I'm going to quote one thing here, but that thing expresses a truth so powerful it will make your head spin.
Love is weird, dude.

Next battle: Evolis' Carnivine and Eivera's Ivysaur vs. Mike's Sprout and John's Razor

It's the clash of the leaf titans *lame joke*.

First goes Carnivine, then goes Ivysaur...

John and Mike keep winning...

Nosepass and Rhydon vs. Sunlight and Monarch.

And Monarch evolved! He's now Monarch! I mean Empoleon. But the nickname is still the same.

They won. Mike and John will face the gym leader.
------------
George and Joey are planning on leaving their friends. They are fed up with being ignored to allow John to fulfill his dream. They're not gonna allow it anymore.
------------
The final moment when John and Mike go for it all...

Eli Draco, the dragon Gym leader...

With specific rules about Pokémon usage, Mike and John are having a tough time.

After a while they won and collected the Purple Flame Badge.
------------
Joey and George are ready to leave. They didn't want it to end this way, but they had no choice.

Lindsey tried to talk them out, but with no success.
------------
Whoa... Rough words from George...

Chapter Overall Analysis: You know I'm not one that likes battles that much, so this chapter isn't one of my favorites. But despite that, and as it has been, you have given us another amazing chapter awesomely written. And yes, I am aware that "awesomely" is not a word. Congrats to Bay as well. You are both excellent writers!

And now if you excuse me, I must go and review another iCarly episode... *goes and reviews another iCarly episode*

niedude

Don't forget to grin
The end of a cycle.
Actually, the end of THE cycle.

I remember, a long time ago, when I was just 14 or 15 and accidentally discovered a pokemon fic called Destiny Journeys which was so good it made me a member of the forum it was in, the spp (whose's second P I still dunno what it stands for). Then I found you there, a newbie to this internet writting world like me, and found your easy going fic which I soon grew to love.

First my (very crappy abortion of a) fic ended, then Mix pulled the plug on hers, and now you finally manage to finish yours, AND with several one-shot spin-offs and a sequel coming anytime (PM when you put it up, its not up already right?)

Sorry for not posting here more than a couple of times during all of last year, but I disconnect from the fic world and spp itself.

I have not, and saddly will not, read the rewrites of the first chapters though, one because I feel I understand what you did without reading them and two because I frankly dont have the time to read a lot/they dont attract me now that this is over.

Though, for a final comment, I must have to agree with BA on nearly everything it said. He praised your great character development of John and seamless transition of styles but criticised your more boring chapters and anti climatic endings. The league was, for me, you doing the absolute minimum and maybe trying to compete with a schedule? I dunno, even the battle itself was kinda rushed. Still, it was nice, sorta...

I do disagree with the letter, I loved it. But then again, I agree with John needing to ease up a bit. If I were you, Id put him at the start of the next fic like he has a stick up his *** and with his usual egocentrical superiority complex since he is still aware of the world's danger. Though, as he meets other people and journeys, he should start easing back and being more his old, teenage self.

Well, look at me ranting.
I'm sure I'll have more to say to you when Nightfall starts :p
See you then, and good luck and great work ;)

Manaphyman

Up all night
@BA- Answered in a pm

@SP- I like your little summations/reviews of the chapters, and of course, I'm glad you liked it. Bay and BA did a really good job with their sections of this one.

@Nie- Thank you sir, for the final review. Your comments, since they are in line with BA's have already been taken into consideration. While I can't just have John pretend nothing happened and go back to normal, the majority of Nightfall will have John joking, laughing, and overall more interesting. He'll kind of be like Gimli from Lord of the Rings- upset they're going through what they have to go through, but making the most out of it by joking and having fun. I've taken a lot of care in the first chapters to really establish the personalities of Scott and Mr. Jordan too, so I hope that helps. Mike and Lindsey don't appear in Chapter 1, but they will make an appearance with more established personalities. I'm glad you liked the letter and I thank you for everything you did for me during the fic's tenure. I will pm you when Nightfall comes out...which ideally will be before January 17th.

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
Sorry for the long time between reviews, but I've been busy. The blog takes a bit of my time and driver's ed as well.

Chapter 41:

<Okay sure whatever!> the Pokémon shrugged, its attention immediately diverted. <Hey look, a leaf!>
Sounds just like something my bro would say...

“Nothing dear, sweetheart, just a little tired is all,” he replied.
Now, here's something one should not say to one's girlfriend. Saying two cute names like "dear, sweetheart" means something's wrong. At least, that's what happens in the movies...

Chispa can mean spark in Portuguese, but it can also mean a lot of things...

“Ancient Power… ” he began, struggling to read and interpret what he was seeing, “so mighty… that even the child of Heaven trembles.”

“Emmanuel Broddrick!” he muttered.

“A stone of its b…birth, of our birth, its power lies in Floe.”

Floe, The name of his hometown. Great. It gets even more complicated.

He was trembling now, attempting to understand what he was reading. They were obviously talking about Birth Rock, where the sword was derived from. And they were talking about Deoxys. They were very likely Unownists, worshipers of a Pokémon long thought to be extinct. He was reading the ancients warnings, after they contained Deoxys the first time.

Or gibberish. He hoped, against his better instincts, that it was the latter.

He moved the flashlight towards the last bit of the words, struggling to make out the faded paint and odd shaped letters.

He dropped the flashlight. Galactic, this war, Deoxy’s release: they all started here.

Release at your peril, what we have contained.

I must admit, I love stuff like this...

Chapter Overall Analysis: This chapter is awesome, as it is to be expected. John and Mike's capture competition was very well written, though the winner was undecided...

Oh, and any reference to National Treasure is a win in my book...

Gonna review the other ones tomorrow.

BTW: are you on Twitter? If so, look me up. We have a lot of catching up to do...

Last edited:

Manaphyman

Up all night
Now, here's something one should not say to one's girlfriend. Saying two cute names like "dear, sweetheart" means something's wrong. At least, that's what happens in the movies...

Yup, and that was the effect I was going for. :]

Chispa can mean spark in Portuguese, but it can also mean a lot of things...

Thats what I was going for (Spark). I'm only fluent in English, learnt a bit of Italian and French, so you'll have to forgive me if it means something...dirty.

Chapter Overall Analysis: This chapter is awesome, as it is to be expected. John and Mike's capture competition was very well written, though the winner was undecided...

Oh, and any reference to National Treasure is a win in my book...

Gonna review the other ones tomorrow.

BTW: are you on Twitter? If so, look me up. We have a lot of catching up to do...

Thanks! Glad you liked it. I never officially declared a winner, but if I did, it would be Mike.

Nope, not on twitter. I'll message you my new aim tomorrow and we'll work out a time.

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
Chapter 42:

Mike's a tad worried about the writings on the cave...

“An injured Pokémon?” John asked, puzzled. The last thing they needed on this journey was more disturbing things.

“No.”

“A dead Pokémon?”

“No.”

“A dead person?!”

“NO!” Mike replied.

After "a dead Pokémon", the next logical step is "a dead person". It's obvious.

“Everything happens for a reason,” he started, trying to believe his own words, “and everything has a place in this world. What our place is, I don’t know,” he paused.
Wise words from a young fellow.

The thought was infuriating, that a group of fourteen- and fifteen-year-olds were supposed to save the world; it was unfair, unjust, illegal even.
To my awareness, there isn't anything against it in the Bill of Rights or the Constitution...

It was pretty clear that Lindsay would win the battle...

Lorelei's nephews? Is the gang related to her in any way?

Chapter Overall Analysis: This chapter seemed to provide the gang with some sort of confort and, lacking a better word, nervousness. They know that the final battle is approaching, and only a fool would not be worried about it.

Manaphyman

Up all night
Thanks again SP!

Yup, Lorelei is Mike and John's aunt. You hit the theme of the chapter spot on! That's exactly what I was going for.

Btw, Nighftall's first 5 chapters are done. As soon as I find a beta, I will begin publishing them