• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shadow Journal - Discussion Tread

DVB

Philosopher Knight
We seem to be stuck in some sort of rut. What do we do now?

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Vampire what do you think about Luc teaching Ted to be a better person and them being together?

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
DVB: Let's all go out to the pool and witness Becky's confession and the following outrage...

Bron: I think he might be more inclined to try and embarass her in front of the other partiers, but then Becky interupts him before he can... but then maybe he could keep playing along long enough to realize he does like her and wants to be a better person.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
What DVB said was from a while ago. Yea, we're working toward that right now, but it will be a couple more posts before we can have them leave the game room.

Let's do that with Ted then. It's easier than making up a completely new character for her to be with, and they could double date. Also, the three of them could hang out with him and get cool stuff by association.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
It was today, so I replied to it, I didn't compare times with what was going on in the RP thread.

Cool stuff by association, this might be a good excuse to use the journal... 'they let us in the club, because we're Ted's friends'. What would Ted do if he found out about the journal?

Since it's only the three of us now, do you guys want to say to heck with the 'no writing unrealistic stuff in the journal' rule? It'll make things more exciting without trying to get more people to join, which is something I'm doubtful about at this point anyways.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
I'm good with that. Karai does have a long list of targets to go after. Dunno about the others.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
I have ideas for the Version 2 thing if you still wanna hear.

Well, I was thinking that you could raise the stakes regarding the moral compasses. Like put situations where they would compromise it and have the book be an active corrupting force.

The stakes could be raised by a team of investigators or something.

As for right now, we need ideas to keep it fresh. I mean, Diego still cares about Luc and if either of his friends are in trouble , he'll go after them.

Last edited:

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
We don't need a V2 just yet. I was thinking the group could double date. Diego/Karai and Luc/Ted. That arc could go on a while.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Not sure Ted is a good idea. Doesn't seem trustworthy

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
He doesn't need to know about the book to hang out with us. I'm sure Luc can reform him to be a better person.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
DVB:
Lol, you weren’t interested when I suggested the book be corrupting them.

Yeah, but I think investigator players would get just as bored as the other non-covens.

Let’s get through the current plot point, we can discuss further development, but if we don’t reach the current goal there’s little point in new goals.

Bron:
I asked for V2 ideas, I know I’m not starting it yet, but I do want the feedback.

DVB:
That’s part of the point, Deigo and Karai would totally be suspicious of Ted and his motives… whether or not he can be ‘reformed’ remains to be seen, and there’ll be the constant risk that he finds out about the book.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Anyone have any ideas for what to do now? You sure we can't introduce more supernatural things?

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Since it's only the three of us now, do you guys want to say to heck with the 'no writing unrealistic stuff in the journal' rule? It'll make things more exciting without trying to get more people to join, which is something I'm doubtful about at this point anyways.

I already sort of asked if you guys wanted to do that. You ignored the question... Without the realism rule, we could make it so unicorns prance around on the school's frontyard.

No, I still don't want detectives or another coven.

Last edited:

DVB

Philosopher Knight
I don't mind, but I feel like we're in a limbo though and we need direction. Like I know we can make somethign appear.

So we can start messing up reality and maybe that has massive consequences that our characters have to fix?

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
The party ends at noon the next day IIRC. Let's just have fun first.

Somebody double check what time I put? I think I put 8pm to 12m the next day?

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Well, how should the madness of messing with reality happen? Like, what do you guys have in mind in what your characters are gonna do?

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Bron, I'm pretty sure you put that the party ended at midnight, not noon...

DVB, we don't know yet, this was supposed to be the sort of RPG where everything can change in an instant... dispite you guys planning an arch without bothering to tell me. Pretty sure Luc would be fine with tormenting Becky some more, though she might think killing her is going too far, but beyond that, I don't know yet.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
I know I said noon. Double check please, somebody. I'm not on my computer right now so I can't do as much reading.