• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shadow Journal - Discussion Tread

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
So then what are we doing? I wanted Karai to help him but I still don't know how, and then implement some of her revenge plans.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
I think her revenge plans make more sense at this point in time, but you can have her write whatever you want (within reason, you know), I was just stating my opinion that it doesn't feel like we ever addressed his inner demons much, so it feels thrown in to suddenly face their manifestations.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Karai won't notice them and Diego has had alot of experience hiding these issues from everyone. You'd literally to catch him a moment off-guard (usually not very often) and so on. Also, if he doesn't resolve these issues now, it will have a negative effect on his relationships.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
If it's going to be a single off-gaurd moment, you have to make it Significant, otherwise it won't make any sense for Karai to write that he'll face his problems. Just leaving in a rush makes you look worried you're won't be home on time, or like you feel sick and just want to be home.

If you and Bron want to swap posting order again so that Diego can freak-out and storm-out before she writes that and her revenge stuff (since Bron seems to think the revenge stuff should come second), I'm fine with that. Just make it believable that they'd be able to tell he was struggling mentally, not physically.

This all just highlights why I think it's premature. I don't buy the relationship problems argument, as that would be a good reason for her to write something, I know I would.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
All righty then. I'll post then. This will be kinda the big glimpse into what the hell is wrong with Diego.

Last edited:

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
So he's hiding it again. What did this accomplish? The girls can't read his mind.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
I implied that they could overhear him talking in the bathroom. That one of them could have followed him or just end up getting something and they hear him talking to himself through the bathroom door

DVB

Philosopher Knight
I think it will be better if Luc overheard Diego and she goes over to Karai and tells her. They could try and use the Journal to get him to confront it.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Since the bathroom is apparently not in Karai's room, I don't know how I'd keep following him from sounding forced either (just wandering around Karai's apartment?), but I can see how that might work better, assuming Karai believes Luc and doesn't assume she'd just being jeleous of Karego. I think it'd probably also be better, if no one called him crazy to his face, that's generally a bad idea when dealing with mentally unstable people.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Luc would probably get up for something and end up overhearing him from a door she passes by.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
From a design perspective it make no sense for a bathroom to be in somebody's room, especially the only one in the apartment. My post will be gone around 4pm EST. Do keep in mind the layout I established in the post that will be going away though: There's a small closet on the right of the hall, directly between the bathroom and her room.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Okay, let's try to keep this all in the discussion thread. So, between your guys' suggestions of getting water and getting ice for the soda, I think getting ice sounds more plausible. And, that's what I'm going to go with.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Speaking of RPGs ending/dying, are you guys done with this one? I thought we had an new intresting plotline going, but no one has posted since my last post...

- Sorry mods for the double-post, I'm GM and I want to make sure the players to see this question.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Waiting for Bron to post.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Stuck most likely. Need any help Bron?

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Yeah, time for some positive reinforcement

aggiegwyn

Message from VampirateMace:
I apologize for my absence, I’ve been having trouble accessing the forums. Bron, my apologies if this affects your MLP RPG in any major way, and DVB I‘m sorry for how this affects Noir. DVB, if you will please contact The_Burnt_Shadow for me regarding my absence from his Sin Island RPG, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks