• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shadow Journal (Rated R) ~RPG Tread~

725roy

ambivolent
Peter 'Pete' Votthed [C]

Schedule
1. English Lit. - Ms. Prillwitz
2. Physics - Mr. Filarski
3. US History - Ms. Caramel
Lunch - Mr. Warden’s Room
4. Calculus - Mr. Lark
5. Logic and Critical Thinking - Mrs. Johnson
6. Psychology - Mr. Giovanni

As Pete sat down in his final class of the day, he saw Diego and Luc sitting in their seats. He placed his binder for of notes and homework in his desk and proceeded to watch Mr. Giovanni. The massive man walked over to his desk and then sat down. “So, students…” he looked around the classroom creating a huge pause. '1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 6... 7... ' Pete thought. “Let’s talk about obsession.”

'Se7en seconds... not bad...' Pete thought. "Does he seriously do that just to keep us in suspense? Or just to help us prepare for the lesson?" Pete whispered to the person sitting next to him. He hadn't recognized her face, maybe she was new. She had long red hair which seemed to curl down the side of her neck. Her eyes were the most pale green, even paler than Jade. He couldn't tell how tall she was, but she didn't appear to be very much taller than him, maybe. She appeared to be a somewhat athletic build with C Cups, but not to the point of where it she was all muscle. The red headed girl quietly giggled, and then responded.

"Well, if were a psychology teacher, I think I would try to get into the minds of my students... It's a smart psychology move." She said quickly, and then proceeded to giggle again. "My name is Emilia, and I just moved here from Atlanta."

"Hi, I'm Pete. Nice to meetcha. Anyways, this guy's pretty cool, so yeah." Pete turned his attention back to Mr. Giovanni whom had started talking about the stages of obsession. It seemed interesting, and Pete started writing this information on a page of his loose leaf.

Last edited:

Nythe

Mostly Harmless
Steve Ansell [N-C]

1. Chemistry – Mrs Black
2. English – Mr Warden
3. US History – Miss Caramel
Lunch
4. Computer Graphics – Mr Yagami
5. Advanced Algebra – Mrs Rene
6. French – Mrs Blanc

“Bonjour, class!” Mrs Blanc was enthusiastic and energetic as usual. She was a tall slim redhead in her early thirties and was quite popular with students. She was originally from Bordeaux, but she moved to the USA after high school and has been living in Glenwood for a few years now. “Today, we’ll be talking about French culture. First, I’ll show you a short documentary about it, and then we’ll discuss what you’ve learned. Oui?” Mrs Blanc interpreted the silence that followed as an agreement, so she put a DVD into a DVD player and started the film.

“…Paris ............ Louvre ........ master artists .............. food .......... development ............. Versailles ........ after the war ................ Champs-Elysees ................” While Steve usually found similar lessons interesting, he was starting to get a headache. He spent the rest of the documentary watching it with one eye, while keeping the other on the clock and doodling into his notebook.

As such, he wasn’t either particularly active in the discussion that followed. Instead, he turned to a new page and started drawing. He began with a circle, followed with two smaller ones inside it. A few lines her and there and after each of them it looked more like a face – he was designing a new character for his animated series.

“That’s a nice drawing.” Steve heard a faint whisper. He looked over his left shoulder to find a pair of blue eyes looking at him. They belonged to a pale face, surrounded by long brown hair. Steve’s brain immediately went into overdrive, at the same time trying to remember the name of the owner of the face and finding a reply to the compliment.

“Thanks, .......... Laura.” was the best Steve could come up with. ‘I’m so pathetic.’ He thought to himself. He was really uncomfortable. He smiled at her in an attempt to ease the awkwardness, then he turned back to the notebook, hoping the ground underneath him would open up and swallow him before the class was over.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Lucy ‘Luc’ Briar [C]
Thursday

Schedule
1. Chemistry - Mrs. Black
2. English - Mr. Warden
3. US History - Miss Caramel
Lunch
4. Computer Graphics - Mr. Yagami
5. Trigonometry - Mr. Lark

The rest of class was fairly uneventful. Mr. Giovanni started explaining the levels of obsession, the psychiatric diagnosis, and other and any other interesting tidbits he could think of. He then gave the class some free discussion time, only interrupting to steer them back when they got off track.

After School

Luc made her last trip of the day to her locker, and keeping only the few things she needed for homework plus the journal, headed out to the park. (Anyone who wants to walk there with Luc, feel free…) Daffodil Park was only a few blocks from the school, surrounded by roads and filled with loud splashing fountains and pesky honking geese. It was called Daffodil Park because the rich couple that had financially backed the park loved daffodils and tulips so much that they had hundreds planted around the ponds.

It certainly wasn’t Luc’s favorite place, but the background noise and relatively low foot traffic meant the Coven’s conversation would be relatively safe. She made her way to the bridge and waited for the rest of the group to show up.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Karai Horoshi [C]

Schedule
1. Calculus - Mr. Hawkhouser
2. English - Mr. Warden
Lunch
5. Physics - Mr. Glass
6. Gym (Acrobatics or Karate depending on the day) - Mrs. Martin

"So I heard Hank went home early today." Said Anna as she swung her fist at my face.

I grabbed it and swung her over my shoulder, landing her on her behind. She winced a little. "Yea, he's moving to San Francisco first thing tomorrow. All he did was text me about it."

Anna was rubbing her behind from the fall as she got up. "I imagine you're pretty bummed?" I swung my foot high at her face and she ducked out of the way.

"Of course. My best friend and gaming buddy moving away."

"I heard he's been meaning to tell you he wanted to not look out for you much anymore." Anna swung her fist at my stomach.

I moved out of the way of the punch. "That doesn't sound like him. Maybe he's been changing without me realizing." I tried to trip her up with my foot.

Anna jumped up and avoided the trip attempt. "Regardless, he's moving away. Who's going to fill that void?"

I was about to tell her when the bell rang. Everybody bowed to their partner and headed to their respective Gym Lockers. I was about to put my jacket on when I realized I had worked up a sweat. That won't do. I pulled my shower towel out and went to shower the sweat away, putting my clothes over the side of the shower. Yea, I sometimes showered in my sport bra and underwear. This wasn't one of those days. The warm shower was just enough to wash the sweat away, and I didn't need to use soap. I dried off and put my clothes back on. I also put my Karate Uniform back in my Gym Locker, locking it and spinning the lock.

Anna had finished showering too and I was putting my shoes back on, along with the leg wraps. "So who's going to fill the void?" She asked me again as she put her own shoes back on, black 3 inch heels.

I waited a bit to tell her, watching her put on her white blouse and hairband on top of her long blond hair. She also checked that her bra was securely fastened and held up her nice C figure. Her perfectly white skin matched the color of the hairband. Then she realized I was staring. "Hello? Karai? I asked you a question."

I shook my head. "Oh, sorry. Um, Diego seems to like me. Do you know him?" I put my jacket on and she put hers on. We sat down to finish talking.

"I have Cooking and Advanced Algebra with him. Don't know much about him, but he seems nice I guess." She decided to start brushing her hair with a comb.

"Ah, I see."

Just as we had finished, Mrs. Martin came in to check before locking up the Gym Locker Room. The tall lady in her 40s was pretty athletic, and it fit that she taught Gym. "You girls gonna get out of here sometime today?" She asked us, walking over and shuffling us out into the Gym. "Now go home. You can talk there all you want!" She said with a laugh.

After School

Anna and I headed over to our lockers, which were nearby. Most of my friends had theirs in this hall, including the Coven members. I caught Luc leaving to go to our meeting place and was about to follow her......

"Oh look, if it isn't the school skank." Said a voice from behind me. I turned around to see a Senior girl. She was taller than me and overweight.

"What do you want Donna?" I looked on as Anna ran off and waved goodbye. She was in a hurry to go home, and was generally a non confrontational kind of person.

"Gimme your laptop or else." She threatened me, cracking her knuckles.

"Or else what?"

"Or else I'll beat you up and take it from you." She cracked her knuckles at me again, trying to intimidate.

"Really? You haven't learned from the last time you tried this? I refuse. Do your worst." I hadn't even opened my locker yet, but I quickly did that and stuffed my bag in it then closed it. No sense getting the laptop damaged in the ensuing fight, as short as it would be.

Donna charged at me with her fists in a punching position. I sidestepped and tripped her, sending her flying head first into the lockers behind me with a metallic thud.

Getting up, she ran at me again and tried to kick me but I grabbed her leg and used her own momentum to flip her over my shoulder and head first into a nearby garbage can.

"Taking out the trash." I said to myself, giggling a little. Some of the kids cheered, while others helped Donna out of the garbage can and walked her away. Still others refused to even look at me, still believing the lies Becky put out and not wanting to meet eyes with me.

I opened my locker, put my bag back over my shoulder, and pulled the pizza box out. I also half stuffed my umbrella into it in case this he rain started again. This would be a good after school snack for the Coven when we met at the park. I checked the hall for teachers. We were on school grounds, and I could still get in trouble for fighting off Donna.

Last edited:

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Diego Vendrix [C]

Schedule
1. Home Economics - Mr. Baker
2. English - Mr. Warden
---Lunch---
5. Advanced Algebra - Mrs. Rene

Diego didn't have the chance to talk about sociopathy, but he decided to save the topic for later. Meanwhile, he was simply enjoying the discussion as well as any other tidbits. However, his mind was also racing on how to protect Karai with Hank no longer here. His eyes darkened a bit as he tried to formulate plans. He wanted to protect Karai. SHe was too nice for her to have a bad reputation like that.

After school

When class ended, Diego went to Karai's locker and spotted one ofthe few people he didn't like.

Donna.

He saw her try to mug Karai. He highly doubted she could do that. Diego watched Karai easily take care her with grace. He smiled a bit as he watched her flow.

When the others left, he approached her.

"Wow, you're really talented," Diego told her. "Well, we might as well walk together to meet with the others before we head out," he told her with a smile. He walked along side her to Daffodil Park to talk about the events.

725roy

ambivolent
(Going to be away for a bit again, and I won't be able to make good posts until I return. Feel free to bunny me, but let me know what I did.)

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Karai Horoshi [C]

Schedule
2. English - Mr. Warden
Lunch
5. Physics - Mr. Glass
After school

"Eh, I bet Donna could do that if she was taking Karate in Gym like I am. And yea, let's walk to the park together." I answered him as I pulled my 3DS out of my bag.

I followed behind Diego as we headed to the park a couple of blocks away, playing Pokémon Black 2 and not really watching where I was going. I occasionally glanced up from the game to make sure it was safe to walk, but just managed to keep up behind him and in my field of vision.

When we arrived in the park we saw Luc was already there and I sat down over the side of the bridge near her. I saved the game and put away my 3DS. "Sorry we're late. I kinda had to take out the trash. And by that I mean Donna tried to steal my laptop, failing horribly at it." I pulled out the pizza box with 4 slices left for us to finish off eating and opened it for the others to dig in. The pizza had cooled and was a little lumpy now, but no doubt it would still be good. I started to chew on a slice.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
(Okay Pikachu, Pete can have walked with me to the park.)

Lucy ‘Luc’ Briar [C]
Thursday

After School

Luc and Pete stood opposite each other one the bridge, as they waited for the rest of the group. Excitedly geese started to swim towards them, but soon realizing they weren’t interested in feeding them, the geese started to disperse.

Diego and Karai showed up together. Karai put away her 3DS, "Sorry we're late. I kinda had to take out the trash. And by that I mean Donna tried to steal my laptop, failing horribly at it," and took out the leftover pizza. Luc glanced at the greasy lumpy slices, feeling her stomach churn. Had she really eaten that?

Karai took out a slice and started eating. Luc looked away, checking the path both ways, no one seemed to be coming. She’d wait a few minutes for the other two Coven members before she started the meeting. It kind of felt good, having that much power in her backpack.

Nythe

Mostly Harmless
Steve Ansell [N-C]

1. Chemistry – Mrs Black
2. English – Mr Warden
3. US History – Miss Caramel
Lunch
4. Computer Graphics – Mr Yagami
5. Advanced Algebra – Mrs Rene
6. French – Mrs Blanc

Soon enough, the bell went off. While slowly putting his things into his bag, Steve discreetly glanced at Laura. She was talking to a few other girls so Steve sighed and left the classroom. In his brain embarrassment, disappointment and self-pity were battling it out for the title of the dominant emotion. ‘What’s wrong with me? I can’t even talk to a classmate normally.’ Steve dragged himself to his locker, banged his head into it a few times out of frustration, took his umbrella out of it and headed for the exit.

“Where did you run off to earlier?” The voice was vaguely familiar. Steve turned around and to his surprise realised the voice was Laura’s. ‘It’s time for the second round social awkwardness.’ Steve thought to himself, while hoping for a better performance this time.

“I didn’t run off anywhere. I just went to my locker for a few things. Hi, by the way.” Steve scratched the back of his head in embarrassment. ‘Well done, that was even worse than before.’

Laura didn’t seem to be particularly bothered and continued. “Hi to you as well. I really liked your drawing. Do you draw a lot?”

“Not rea- I guess, I do. I mean, it’s probably more than most people, but I don’t do it more than a couple of times a month.” Slowly, Steve started to pull himself together.

“Would you draw something for me?” Laura asked teasingly. She leaned her head to the left and flicked a strand of hair off of her shoulder.

“Sure I could.” Steve snapped over-enthusiastically. “What would you like me to draw?” He continued in a more controlled manner.

“I’m not sure. I’d like something special. Maybe we could go to the park? You could get some inspiration there…”

“We could do that. I have nothing else planned for the afternoon. I just need to drop off this umbrella in my car.” Steve raised the umbrella a bit in case Laura hadn’t noticed it. For him this was turning into the best day in a long time.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Lucy ‘Luc’ Briar [C]
Thursday

After School

After a few minutes had passed, Luc decided all the Coven members that were going to come, had come. She leaned up against the guardrail of the bridge and looked over them; Pete, Deigo, Karai. The Coven was dwindling, but these core members could reap benefits beyond their imaginations.

“So, some teachers are going on vacation. Looking through key historical points in the book, it seems events can only be set up twenty four hours or less ahead of time. So... As I mentioned at lunch…” Luc glanced nauseously at the remaining pizza, “I’ll set up Becky’s incident for tomorrow. In the meantime, I think we should figure out a few more tests to see how much power we really have.”

Yes, the power was definitely feeling good. She slipped her backpack off her shoulder and pulled out the journal and a pencil. She flipped the journal open to the last open page, “For example, it seems to work for good things too. How about I have Miss Carmel bring homemade cookies for us tomorrow?”

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Diego Vendrix [C]

Diego had noticed they were down to the core members. The others were afraid and bailed out. The others must have thought it was coincidence or maybe some other 3rd reason, who could say?

However, it was down to him, Luc, Karai and Pete. Now, he trusted Karai fully,though he was wary she may try and kill someone. Luc seemed to be enjoying the thirst of power, which if Diego learned anything, led to not good things. Then there was Pete who may or may not be a sociopath. Diego didn't know how to know for sure.

Lastly, there was him, dealing with his dormant madness. Despite that, he wasn't sure if it would lead him to kill anyone. However, he was curious. What were the limits of the notebook? Was it only to this town?

Or could it be more?

In his opinion, Diego just wanted to win the lottery and live comfortably. He knew well how to finance. It wasn't that he didn't want to work, but it would allow him to live well while writing and while finding a job.

Besides that, he would use the notebook for influence, becoming the godfather of the media.

"How good is Miss Caramel at cooking though?" Diego couldn't help but point out as he continued to think what he could use the notebook for.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Karai Horoshi [C]

Schedule
2. English - Mr. Warden
Lunch
5. Physics - Mr. Glass
After school, Thursday

We'd definitely thinned down. Either the others had chickened out, or didn't believe in the power of the journal. Whatever the case, it was just us four now. Of course I trusted Diego, but what about the others? Pete's suggestion earlier could have been hinting at his deeper dark ulterior motives that he wanted to keep from us and have happen anyway. Luc seemed comfortable with the book. A little too comfortable. Not that I didn't trust her, but still absolute power has been known to corrupt absolutely. Since the others didn't seem interested in the pizza leftovers and we had four left, I decided to start on another slice. Well somebody had to finish it, although I would probably end up taking at least two home. My thoughts raced about things.

We didn't know much about the journal. Who created the curse on it? Did Mrs. Bells do it, or was she like us and had just found it after the previous owner passed away? How far was the distance on it? Could we affect people in China?

None of us were particularly rich and could stand to improve our lives financially. If I asked my mom to buy a Power Ball ticket without telling her that I fixed the results using the cursed book, would she? Was it right for me to tamper with fate and luck like that, though?

"Right. Very happy about the teachers going on vacation, and it seems logical that it only allows a 24 hour window." I said as I nodded along at the mention of Becky's confession.

"Oh I love cookies, but it will mean I need to work harder on my home gym that night. But yea, can she cook? Forcing her to make cookies is silly if they come out burned and she can't serve them to the class because they taste like hockey pucks. I personally have no idea if she can cook, either." I echoed Diego's question and finished the pizza slice. Three left.

725roy

ambivolent
Peter 'Pete' Votthed [C]

(OoC: I’m back, I had a great spring break)

Thursday

‘Four is death’. There were four of them left. Pete, Diego, Luc, and Karai. They had gathered at the noisiest place in the whole universe. Quite unlike himself, Pete stoically listened in on the conversation, not even touching the pizza Karai had brought. He listened intently figuring out motives and actions of the others, hoping to find a weak spot. He was intent on watching one person in particular. Karai. Diego had his eyes on her for quite some time, and she seemed highly curious, and just a bit scared. The element of timing was on his side today, and he decided to just wait it out and let others make decisions for him. that and, he didn’t even want to think about eating that cold pizza.

‘Karai... she’s innocent... pure? Maybe not? Well she likes cookies, that’s for sure, food too... ugh... this is kind of weird... what is my move? They want to its powers, but can’t we assume certain things? The notebook always works, not matter what? Ugh... I need to get that notebook somehow.. but how... ugh. How can I align with them? I need to read their social cues a slight bit more.. hmm’

"Oh I love cookies, but it will mean I need to work harder on my home gym that night. But yea, can she cook? Forcing her to make cookies is silly if they come out burned and she can't serve them to the class because they taste like hockey pucks. I personally have no idea if she can cook, either." said Karai, looking up after eating a piece of the frigid pizza. It would appear that she didn't really have too much of a concern for taste. Pete stood casually still, leaning up against the railing of the bridge. The pale blue river water reflected the sunny day and that was when he got an idea.

“Can all of you swim? I have a plan to see right now if really does work. Three of us sit on top of this railing, and the one person who isn’t writes: ‘So and So slips and falls into the river, and safely manages to get out without too much of a hassle’. If that person who falls is the same one as the one who falls into the river, then we’ll really know if it works. And y’know if it doesn’t work, we could always have someone else hang onto the book for a while.” Pete said rather quickly, he immediately regretted saying that last part, but he knew how to fix his goof up. He simply said, “Maybe Diego should hold onto it for a bit?”

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Lucy ‘Luc’ Briar [C]
Thursday

After School

Diego had a good point, to which Karai agree, non of them knew if Miss Caramel could cook.

Karai went for another piece of rock-like pizza.

“Okay, you have a point,” Luc muttered. Cookies were out, unless she could think of a way to make them idiot proof…

Pete seemed to be thinking about something else entirely and suggested, “Can all of you swim? I have a plan to see right now if really does work. Three of us sit on top of this railing, and the one person who isn’t writes: ‘So and So slips and falls into the river, and safely manages to get out without too much of a hassle’. If that person who falls is the same one as the one who falls into the river, then we’ll really know if it works. And y’know if it doesn’t work, we could always have someone else hang onto the book for a while. Maybe Diego should hold onto it for a bit?”

What? Luc glanced at the scummy water with geese and ducks swimming in it. Water fowl could really foul up the water. How could he even think that was okay? She wasn’t opposed to someone else holding the journal, as long as they were trustworthy, at least she hadn’t been. Maybe she had had it for too long? Still, no... she refused to go swimming.

Luc glared back at him, “I’m not getting in that water. Do you know how nasty that stuff is? There’s a no swimming sign for a reason... idiot.”

She turned to Diego, offering him the journal, “It may be time for me to give up the book though... It’s got a lot of power, we should probably take turns.”

Something in the back of her mind wondered what Pete would do when his turn to hold the book came. No, she told herself, Pete’s a good guy, I’ve known him long enough to know that. Well, maybe, “Do you guys think we need a list of rules? A Coven Contract?”

Nythe

Mostly Harmless
Steve Ansell [N-C]

After school, Thursday

Laura accompanied Steve to his Yaris where he tossed the umbrella across the back seats. Then they headed to the park, with Laura doing most of the talking. However, they barely came to the first trees when Laura’s cell phone rang.

“Yes?” She answered. Despite his attempts, Steve couldn’t hear what the person on the other side was saying. After a few seconds Laura continued. “I’m in the park with a friend. Can’t it wait?”

More silence.

“But, mom!” She was obviously annoyed.

Again some silence.

“OK, fine… Bye.” Laura sounded defeated. She angrily shoved the phone into her bag and then turned to Steve. “I’m sorry, Steve. I have to go home. See you in school.”

Before Steve managed anything more than a quiet “Bye.”, she was already off. He decided to have a walk in the park alone. It was a warm day and the park was filling pretty quickly as it often does on such days. Steve wandered around aimlessly for a few minutes before sitting down near one of the fountains. He managed to catch a weak Wi-Fi signal and browsed the internet for a few of his favourite sites.

On his way back to the car, he noticed four people he recognised from school. They were gathered around a pizza box. Normally, he would just ignore them, but today he was feeling different. He nervously approached them. “Hi. What are you doing here?”

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Diego Vendrix [C]

Schedule
1. Home Economics - Mr. Baker
2. English - Mr. Warden
---Lunch---
5. Advanced Algebra - Mrs. Rene

Diego turned to Karaia nd smiled as she agreed with him. However, he was worried. Would she be the type to do such a thing? Diego took a deep breath.

“Can all of you swim? I have a plan to see right now if really does work. Three of us sit on top of this railing, and the one person who isn’t writes: ‘So and So slips and falls into the river, and safely manages to get out without too much of a hassle’. If that person who falls is the same one as the one who falls into the river, then we’ll really know if it works. And y’know if it doesn’t work, we could always have someone else hang onto the book for a while," Pete explained, causing Diego to get goosebumps and glare at him.

That was perhaps the most suspicious thing Pete said. Not only that, it was the holding of the book that bothered him. If Pete did it, could they trust him? If he was a sociopath, he'd kill them off before beginning his reign of terror. However, perhaps he was being paranoid.

Properly paranoid possibly.

"Maybe Diego should hold onto it for a bit?” Peter added, causing Diego to think. Now the view is shifted to him. Despite his grudge-carrying, Diego did not want to kill. He could make people suffer sure, but they wouldn't learn anything. At the least, he could use it for religious connotation, as an act of God. Though he probably did not want to create his own religion like Light did.

It wasn't Death Note.

Probably just get people to suffer an epiphany and covert to help them become better people.

He snapped from his interal monologue to hear Luc.

“I’m not getting in that water. Do you know how nasty that stuff is? There’s a no swimming sign for a reason... idiot.”

She turned to Diego, offering him the journal, “It may be time for me to give up the book though... It’s got a lot of power, we should probably take turns.”

Diego looked at the journal. We would need to formulate a plan to do this. He had an idea. Simply tear out a page and use it for something. If it doesn't work, he could simply say his mom used it for grocery list. If it does work, then he'll begin having small pieces to carry around.

“Do you guys think we need a list of rules? A Coven Contract?” Luc suggested.

Diego bit his lip. "Well, what do you mean? Like we don't hurt one another or kill people in general? I think we should, but it shouldn't remain to ourselves. By that I mean we don't try to use anyone as proxies or in blunt terms, use other people to do our... 'dirty work.'" Diego said as he did the air quotes.

He hoped he didn't piss off anyone.

Perhaps it was time to start writing that will of his...

Just in case...

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Karai Horoshi [C]

Schedule
2. English - Mr. Warden
Lunch
5. Physics - Mr. Glass
After school, Thursday

I shook my head at the mention of Pete's idea, trying to drive it away like it didn't exist, and looking over at the No Swimming sign as Luc confirmed that the water was indeed filthy. And why was he looking at me so intently? I swear he's getting more suspicious by the second. Not talking at times, then coming up with these ideas.

"I think we should just agree to not use it on each other, and swear. As for not killing anybody, I for one don't think it's a good idea. We've all been wronged in the past, and practically half the school still avoids eye contact with me. I'm sorry you guys, but I can't agree to no killing. No making others kill for us, sure, but I can't promise I don't want the book to make people die. There's just some people that I would rather took their last breath." I said rather coldly, then looked around before explaining. "Present company excluded, of course." I finished with a shy grin, looking over at the three slices of pizza still uneaten.

And just like that, our safe place was compromised. A person I recognized from school came up and greeted us. “Hi. What are you doing here?”

I couldn't quite place the name, but he definitely wasn't somebody who went with us to Mrs. Bells' place. "Oh, hello. We're conspiring to rule the world, wondering if the government is doing a good job or if they need to be assassinated. The usual." I said with a wide grin to the boy who's name I didn't remember. Hopefully he would catch the sarcasm.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Lucy ‘Luc’ Briar [C]
Thursday

After School

Diego scanned the journal in his hand (I‘m assuming he took it). He replied that their rules should include not hurting or killing anyone. There were a few people Luc might like to hurt, but murder would be overkill.

For once Karai didn’t agree with him. There were people she, understandably, wanted to kill. Becky, probably, for one.

A familiar looking guy came up the path to the bridge where they stood. Luc had several classes with him, but they didn’t really talk or anything. She wasn’t even sure what his name was. Actually that was good, for him, it probably meant he hadn’t pissed her off yet.

He seemed innocent enough, just saying hello and asking what they were up to. Under normal circumstances, that wouldn’t be too concerning. Karai was on top of things though, telling him sarcastically that they were planning for when they took over the world.

Luc tacked on a sarcastic comment of her own, “Yeah, I think we could do a lot better. I’ve even got great a plan to end unemployment, I’ve always wanted my own monument.”

725roy

ambivolent
Peter 'Pete' Votthed [C]

Thursday (After school)

Pete was leaning up against the slippery pole when Steve came over. Steve, unlike some of the other people at school was actually genuinely nice. Though, the main reason he remembered Steve's name is not only because he liked the guy, but was also because he felt he was easily manipulated. That wasn't on his mind at that exact moment, however, because Karai had just said the most random thing he had ever heard come out of her mouth.

"Oh, hello. We're conspiring to rule the world, wondering if the government is doing a good job or if they need to be assassinated. The usual." It was easily the most 'What the frick" thing he had heard in a long time. He couldn't help but to crack a grin.

'Don't... laugh... nonono... you'd fall, and that would be bad...' Pete quickly placed his pack on the ground just in case he did, in fact, fall. It was a smart move too, because right as he set his backpack down, Luc provided the hook punch.

“Yeah, I think we could do a lot better. I’ve even got great a plan to end unemployment, I’ve always wanted my own monument.” 'Ooooooooh... Luc fell into the sarchasm, it's a dangerous place too.' Pete couldn't help but laugh at this last remark, the sarcasm of Luc and Karai sequentially was too powerful for his laughter to not kick in.

"Eheheh-you guys, hahahaastahahahap. Like reheheh-hhehehelly... holy crahahahp... ooooooh my god." He tried to say, without avail. He hoped this would not only show people that he has a fun side, and that he wasn't just a shady person who liked to plot against them. He was laughing incredibly hard at this, the he didn't realize he was slowly leaning over the edge of the rail, and as the feeling of flipping came over him, his laughter intensified, almost as if he were happy to be hanging over the side of the rail. The worst part about this was, he didn't have very much upper body strength. It was as if he were Indiana Jones hanging in the Grail Temple, but without the father to grab his arm. 'Slipping... Slipping... slipp- oh sh!t, sh!t, sh!t!! Nonononononononono!'

"Aawwwwwwwwwwwghhhhh!"

*Kersloopsh*

In went Pete, into the nasty, frothy geese water. And right like that, the whole park stared right at him.

'Great Job breaking it hero. You really messed up.'

Truly Deceptive

It is I: ME!
Jon Teou [C]

Lunch - Mr. Warden's Room

Jon quietly watched as everyone formulated their plans for the notebook.

If I was their dictator, I'd have them destroy it immediately without any hesitation. I see what they're all thinking. What the fvck is up with Diego? He appears to be way more condemnatory against everyone than he ever was recently. He keeps on staring at Pete and everyone else, cringing, and looking back down at himself. He's different. Pete seems to have several ideas for what we should do with it. Still, even with that, we shouldn't use the journal to control people's lives and their spirits. Perhaps if we used it to - no. What's best is to leave it alone. Using it to alter the state of this world isn't right. Marly may be an arrogant twit, but coercing her to do something against her own volition like that is wrong as hell. Her life which she has chosen for herself might not ever be able to become fully replete as a product of this. It certainly wouldn't be fair to her sister, who has the incentive to accomplish what she always does from her own merit. Aside from that, they really haven't thought about what might happen to the teachers. Don't mess with others' lives like this; what's best is to just let go... and I should definitely know.

Eventually, they had to leave.

! ------ I see.

The rest of the day went by remarkably quickly.

English 4 AP - Mrs. Halsey

"Today, class, we will be finishing our interpretation of Hamlet and watching the the 15-minute version of it from YouTube." their teacher informed them.

They spent about 30 minutes reading the rest of the work.

"The point envenomed, too;
Then, venom, to thy work...
Is thy union here?
Follow my mother...
Fortinbras...
He has my dying voice;
So, tell him, with the occurrents, more and less,
Which have solicited. The rest is silence."

"Of that I shall have also cause to speak,
And from his mouth whose voice will draw on more;
But let this same be presently performed,
Even while men’s minds are wild, lest more mischance
On plots and errors happen."

"Let four captains
Bear Hamlet like a soldier to the stage,
For he was likely, had he been put on,
To have proved most royally; and, for his passage,
The soldiers' music and the rites of war
Speak loudly for him.
Take up the bodies. Such a sight as this
Becomes the field, but here shows much amiss.
Go; bid the soldiers shoot."

They saw the video, which had a few parts funny as hell but appeared to actually mean something: that, perhaps, Shakespeare's work really could be summarized and conveyed so quickly as what it was.

The bell rang and everyone departed for their next classes.

Anatomy & Physiology - Mr. Lawliet

Everyone got to their desks and waited for class to begin. Mr. Lawliet handed out assignments for everyone to complete for the day. The bell rang as soon as he set down the last piece of paper. He waited for everyone to finish talking, and calmly informed the class of what they would do today.

"Hello, Period 7. Today, you have an assignment regarding the functions of various tissues, including those of the endocrine system, of the renal zone, and of adrenal glands/organs......"

Jon spent the class period working on the assignment from the beginning and decided to stalk look for everyone else after school at the location which they usually frequented: the city's park.

"If you want to absolve yourselves of the potentially ruinous grade which you received last week in exchange for the job you accomplished on the test, visit me after school."

Jon quickly finished his work and wandered around the classroom. After the period ended, he conversed with his teacher.

"Does the assignment for additional credit pertain to that large black trash bag you brought to school early last Friday?"

Mr. Lawliet stared at him "vacantly"; Jon decided he'd have to visit him after school ended.

Chemistry 2 AP - Mrs. Watson

Mrs. Watson began talking as soon as the bell finished.

"Hey, everyone. You may have seen Dr. Watson at school recently today. He's been helping with several things; today was an off day for him, so he decided he'd come to school here and maybe help. He has aided in several things, such as setting up today's lab assignment and teachi-"

Her husband walked into the room.

"Hi, Mary; so, this is the last class?"

"Yes; it is. Anyways, the lab materials are all set out on the counters, and I've already set out all the worksheets, so if you would kindly and calmly get your safety-"

Everyone immediately stood up and rushed to the goggle container. No one was patient or courteous enough to wait for her to finish, and they all had better things to spend their lives on than listening to people and being kind/considerate. Jon quickly made his way to the front and handed them out to everyone.

"Never mind."

He felt a bit sorry for her; she always had some measure of strife and difficulty in trying to voice herself to her classes (not all people; just students in general). They all finished their work after a bit more than half of the period had ended, and they immediately began to converse and find entertainment with each other. After a few minutes went by, the class finally ended.

After School

Jon made his way to his car. He spotted Karai and Luc on his way out. He stepped in, put the keys in the ignition, started it up, and drove out. He quickly got to the park, turned it off, stepped outside casually, and wandered around in the fields.

He saw four people from their Coven meet up on the bridge, and monitored them all as they chilled out; he decided what would be best was to consider and oversee everything they would do and keep his inferences with himself.

Eventually, one of the students rose up, laughed without any substantive measure of self-control, and fell from the arch into the glacial water.

Last edited: