• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shape of Family: Poipole's Feelings! (1027)

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Saw a clip of this episode in English and I can't stand Poipole's English voice
Well, that's a point to the dub for faithfulness then, considering how its Japanese voice is annoying too! :D

...Okay that might be a bit harsh. I do get why the Japanese voice is basically "baby noises", but I have an extremely low tolerance for just that.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I like the dub voice, it's alien and weird. Poipole is a monster from a different dimension, it sounding alien and strange makes sense to me.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I can barely tolerate the Japanese voice for it because I'm used to it.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
But it still sounds really screechy at times though, especially compared to a baby crying. I would have liked it better if it wasn’t as screechy.

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
Tabasco Boshi's favorite character has made her debut. She sounds exactly like the kind of reserved inspired genius I pictured her as being. And it seems she and Poipole have struck a chord with each other. Bonding over art. A picture says a thousand words, as they say.

Naganadel's voice is a lot higher than I thought it would be, but then again, it's an alien. Like Queen, like swarm.

Team Skull just gets more annoying the more they appear. Though the art stuff they did was funny.

Also...is anyone else curious about if they'll edit Poipole attacking Lycanroc's butt? o_O
Just as in the JP version, Poipole gooses Lycanroc with Fury Attack. So, once again, suspicions of that being edited out are baseless. Like always.

The music over Poipole's dream was the musical highlight of the episode. It was really tense, not a territory Mr. Goldfarb usually dabbles in. Poipole's crying scene at the school was well-scored, too, as was Mina's evaluation of Poipole's feelings at the end of the episode. Other than that, music was average but enjoyable.

The fun streak is over, and something serious is about to start. I'm looking forward to seeing what it'll lead to.

Vipsoccermaster

A fine episode. Major development for Poipole here. It really loves Pikachu and Ash's Alolan family, but then it has the dream and is probably aware that it can't stay with Ash's Alolan family forever. It got bigger issues to fulfill.

Mina is a fine character, all about art. Not much to say about the woman. The "art battle" between her and Team Skull was hilarious, of course. Poor Salandit. The drawings Team Skull made were just icing on the cake for laughter.

So Popplio and Lana really like the Primarina and ocean painting, eh? Hopefully that's something to look forward to. I'd like to see Lana have Primarina, but I'm keeping my expectations extremely low for that. Maybe at least expect Brionne.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Why is Lycanroc so scared of Poipole?

I like Mina a lot. She has awesome paintings. It's kind of weird that Ash didn't realize Professors Kukui and Burnet are like his family until someone said it. Maybe because he's not used to having a dad around.

The Poipole/Pikachu shipping undertones in this episode seemed a bit weird to me.

I was excited that Team Skull showed up in this episode, and I liked the art battle.

ULTRA NECROZMA at the end. Epic

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
"We gotta make a quick attack on the store" That was a good one!

Talk of secret missions sounds intriguing. I wonder how much of that could be artist liberty and how much could be totally accurate insight?