• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The shiny beasts

Jorge Daniel

I have a doubt

So I have the american version of HeartGold, and I'm more than ready to receive the shiny beasts through the Wi-Fi Connection. The problem is I'm moving to Germany, so I'm planning to buy my Black/White version there. Does anyone know if the Zoroark event will activate even if the shiny beasts come from an american version of the games???

Thanks for your replies

BCVM22

So I have the american version of HeartGold, and I'm more than ready to receive the shiny beasts through the Wi-Fi Connection.

I would call that a problem, given that America does not presently have any Wi-Fi events going on.

Larry

BTW, if you buy a German version of B/W, you won't be able to transfer over any Pokémon.

Wrong.
See the announcement for the shiny beasts being distributed over Wi-Fi?
That's being avilable for USA and Australia too.

They're not wifi.

BCVM22

Wrong.
See the announcement for the shiny beasts being distributed over Wi-Fi?
That's being avilable for USA and Australia too.

Or not.

That's the conclusion to which people are leaping blindly and senselessly, without noticing that the past umpty-dump Wi-Fi events have run for America and Europe concurrently, giving someone who doesn't bother to check the mistaken impression that Wi-Fi events are international and universal. They're neither, for the record, and so far there is nothing that says if/when the other regions will get the same event.

Serebii's listing: http://www.serebii.net/games/currentevents.shtml#america-wifi
Note the blank space under "Upcoming Events"

North American official announcement: http://www.pokemongoldsilver.com/us/#/news/trio/
Note how it mentions nothing about Wi-Fi.

Jorge Daniel

yeah sorry...

Maybe I should've explained myself more thoroughly. I'm not American. I live in Mexico and the Shiny Beast are going to be distributed through the Wi-Fi Connection here at the same time they're going to be distributed in Europe. Still, I got the American version, because that is the version available here in Latin American (there's not something such as a Latin American version.)

Anyways, would I be able to transfer them or not???

BCVM22

I live in Mexico and the Shiny Beast are going to be distributed through the Wi-Fi Connection here at the same time they're going to be distributed in Europe.

Still, I got the American version, because that is the version available here in Latin American

You're still off the mark here. Putting aside the fact that a Wi-Fi event in Europe doesn't mean a Wi-Fi event in Mexico - unless you have verification otherwise, which you very well may, one would think Mexico falls under the "North America" umbrella just as Canada does, though I will admit I don't know that for sure - the fact that you have an American game definitely means no Wi-Fi event.

Pokémon games are keyed to search for Wi-Fi events from their region of origin. They can do that from anywhere in the world, but the Wi-Fi event has to match the game card in terms of region. For example, in order to take advantage of the upcoming European Wi-Fi events for the shiny beasts, you would need a European game. There are no Wi-Fi events running for North America at the moment - your game's region of origin - and thus there's nothing for your game card to find over Wi-Fi.

Jorge Daniel

Well, the event has been announced for Latin America in the official HeartGold & SoulSilver site, here is the link http://www.pokemongoldsilver.com/la/#/news/trio/
so it's pretty much a fact that the shiny beasts are going to be available through the Wi-Fi Connection in Latin America, and as I said before, there's no a Latin American version of the games, so I think it will work for my American version (here in Mexico, the only version of the games available in stores is the American one.)

Moving forward, so if I transfer the shiny beasts to my American version, and then to what would be my German version of Black/White, the Zoroark event would not activate because my beasts are of American origin, or what???

What I'm asking here is if at the end of the day I'll have a Zoroark!!!

PaperMarlo

I see everyone is missing the point.

Seeing how regions work and that you cannot receive an American mystery gift via wireless onto a Japanese game, my ASSUMPTION (so not cold hard truth, but an educated guess) is that it would NOT work. HOWEVER. I'd have to do some research about this... it's a tricky one.

Jacobthepokemonfreak

Fly it all away!
Could this mean no wi-fi events in Australia.. No, NO, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
Even though it's an event for Europe, American games should still be able to download it. It was just like this for the Shiny Pichu event. Europe gave it out over Wi-Fi and American games could download it.

PaperMarlo

Even though it's an event for Europe, American games should still be able to download it. It was just like this for the Shiny Pichu event. Europe gave it out over Wi-Fi and American games could download it.

That was a bug, though. They might fix that.

BCVM22

That was a bug, though. They might fix that.

Neither of these is correct. See for yourself here:

http://serebii.net/events/dex/172.shtml

The Wi-Fi event for the shiny Pichu ran concurrently in America, Europe and Australia. It was not a bug nor was it a Europe-only event that American games were magically able to download.

silver wing 22

Storm king
next wifi event is starting feb7

gianttopper

^what is it?

Look at the events listing guys. All the info (or most of it) on the subject is there.

BCVM22

I guess you were wrong then BCVM22

They're silently running the event for America concurrently with the European version. My prognostication was on the basis of them making no such announcement. Their franchise, they can do that.

Last edited: