• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The shiny beasts

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Wait, so, they're doing the shiny beasts in America again?

IMPERIAL DRAGON

Enemy Of Reality
Here’s a question, an important one that will probably sound borderline retarded to a lot of you. I’ve read about the new Wi-Fi event, but I’ve never used the Wi-Fi connection for pokemon before and have no idea how to actually go about it either, so can someone please give me a step by step description for a novice please, about how to access the Wi-Fi event?

Rennon

Revisiting Trainer
Okay break it up. I got the Shiny beast over WI-FI I already have it in my game(Raikou) and I don't even live anywhere you guys live.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Here’s a question, an important one that will probably sound borderline retarded to a lot of you. I’ve read about the new Wi-Fi event, but I’ve never used the Wi-Fi connection for pokemon before and have no idea how to actually go about it either, so can someone please give me a step by step description for a novice please, about how to access the Wi-Fi event?

I hope this helps:

• Start your DS with your game in it. Go to the menu where it says "Continue, New Game, Connect to Pokéwalker, etc." Scroll down and you'll see "Mystery Gift." Select that and then you'll see 3 options - "Receive Gift," "Check Card" and "Exit." Select "Receive Gift."

• Now you'll see 4 options. "Get from a Friend," "Get via Wireless," "Get via Nintendo WFC" and "Cancel." Select "Get via Nintendo WFC."

• It'll ask you if you want to connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Select Yes.

• The game will then be searching the server for available events. If there's an available event then it'll find it and it'll tell you what it is. It'll ask you if you want to receive this particular gift. If you do then select "Yes." The gift's Wonder Card will be downloaded to your game. You then pick up the gift from the man in green at any PokeMart.

Last edited:

Lorde

I was wondering, will I be able to get all 3 shinny beasts over Wifi, or just one?

All three, so long as you haven't downloaded any before and so long as you have room for the Wonder Cards. You'll only be able to download them separately however, since they come in individual Wonder Cards. The main site has the distribution dates posted.

Cobalt_Latios

So glad I can get them over Wi-Fi now.
Wait... what?!

Oh you have got to be kidding me, hahaha! So, now that the events are done towards GS/EB Games, they're now allowing people to dl them via Wi-Fi?

Cool.

Already have them, but it's good to know that this happened.

I guess they really want to make sure Zoroark is easily obtained.... or because the movie aired this weekend and there's a bigger demand for them.

/CL

halloweenghost

I was wondering, will I be able to get all 3 shinny beasts over Wifi, or just one?

you can get all three but it is once a week

Raikou: February 7th 2011 to February 13th 2011
Entei: February 14th 2011 to February 20th 2011
Suicune: February 21st 2011 to February 27th 2011

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I would say it's demand from the movie.

I was about to ask the trade forum if anyone had spare Crown Beasts today.

Lorde

I'm pretty sure they had planned for the Shiny Beasts to be distributed via Wi-Fi in the U.S. and Canada. If not planned, then they at least considered it a while ago since I believe those event flyers from GameStop mentioned the possibility of the Shiny Beasts being given out via Wi-Fi. I don't think that they suddenly decided to distribute them via Wi-Fi here in the U.S. at the last minute just because the 13th Movie premiered, however.

Last edited:

XParasite

So I am glad that they are appearing to redo the beasts events for the US, since I checked late and missed the train on Raikou originally but got the other two. I would like clarification here though, the original event ran in gamestop, these events are listed as wi-fi so that is the standard wireless connection via internet correct? Apologies for the stupid question, but my brain is fried atm.

gianttopper

anyone willing to trade their wifi suicune and entei for some gamestop ones?
I know they havent been released yet but I wanted to know ahead of time. PM me and LMK