1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Shiny Hunter's Club

Discussion in 'Clubs' started by Pokerealm, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heliotrope

Heliotrope it shone! ^_^

Hello everyone. I'm back from my holiday to the new forest. I had a reasonably good time; the holiday was fine in itself, but I've had a raging toothache all week, so I haven't been able to enjoy myself properly (and I can't even book up a dentist appointmnt until monday *cries* I've been living on painkillers and hot water bottles the whole time @_@ )

But, but... I did find two new shinies while I was away. ... in the same day. O_O

On the 16th May at around 9.50 am, finally, finally the shiny Swablu I'd been longing for appeared in Ruby (after at least 200 hours of hunting) n_n:

Gasp! The Swablu shone for me! And it was all yellow :p

And then later on that evening at around 9.30pm I encountered my first shiny in White, after 4516 encounters, completing my 'shaking patch' leg for the shiny circuit: A shiny Audino. ^_^

A purple Audino appeared!

Now I have a complete team of 5th gen shinies to use in my next White playthrough. I've just got to ev-train shiny Vanillite/Audino first.

I shall update this post later with profile pics.

Good luck guys, and congrats on all the new shinies.

Edit: Shiny Swablu profile and Shiny Audino profile pic.

Last edited: May 21, 2011
  2. *Murkrow

*Murkrow Bird trainer

My shiny Munna just hatched! Ended up as a Bashful female with the Telepathy ability with the moveset Psywave/Defense Curl/Dream Eater/Psychic.

I had to rush back to my parents house Thursday, and although I brought my XL, I forgot my camera and my book with my egg tally in it. I hatched roughly half a box Thursday, but I'm not sure on the exact figure. I started keeping track again after that, and she hatched on the 83rd egg.

I have a cruddy picture of the hatch screen taken by my phone but I'm not sure how to get it onto my laptop. I'll be able to provide the stats picture on Monday.

My next target is Heatmor, but I lack a foreign one right now and can't access the GTS so it will also have to wait until Monday. I'm going to spend some time levelling my shiny Rufflet and Mienfoo instead.

3. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before. Staff Member Moderator

I'm sorry about that. I'll make sure to not do that again.

Hmm. Good question... I remember after catching my first shiny -- a female Pidgey... then I ran into a shiny Poliwag soon after. Not sure if it would count as a coincidence though.

Another one was from my Soul Silver... right after I ran into a shiny Weezing... it took me about 50 srs to run into a shiny Suicune.

Still working on my Shiny Dratini hunt... not sure how many of those little things I've run into XD. But I do know that I've ran into over 1000 Pokemon via fishing... so hopefully I'll find a shiny Dratini soon :).

Just found an old pic of my Shiny Rayquaza, sorry about the quality though, I was using a friends web cam to take the pic and it turned out rather blurry.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2011
  4. redpixie

redpixie *Pink Shiny Hunter*

I am...SPEECHLESS right now. Never in a million years did I think my second ever SR hunt would be over so quickly! After my 4 year Drifloon hunt, its taken....maybe 4/5 actual hunting days for this beauty to shine for me!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Missed the initial shine, again! Then panicked a bit...didn't realise how unprepared I was pokeball wise! Got lucky with the second ball though! Shes a she,(yay!) relaxed nature and somewhat stubborn... -shrugs- I named her Sakura cus the red...things on her branches just reminded me of sakura flowers on a tree! Eee sooo happy! My second ever SR hunt, and my first shiny on soulsilver ^.^ She will be on my team for playthrough for sure :)

Already planning my next hunt, honey trees in pearl for definite. Would love a shiny aipom <3 I'm just going to continue my playthrough on soulsilver for a while and hope for a random shiny (something I still have yet to encounter!)

5. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master Poison-type Trainer

Today I randomly decided I'd start MMing Solosis. Got a Modest English Solosis and a Japanese Ditto in the daycare right now, the Solosis holding an Everstone. Been at it all day with no results (though I now have several Modest Solosis with Magic Guard I might consider training in the future), but I really didn't expect anything this soon. I'll keep you all posted every so often. Congrats on all new shinies, and good luck to everyone.

6. oooh

First off, blanket congrats to all the shinies over the last month or so.

I've reached about 3000 encounters in route 9 but no luck yet. I'm about to start SRing groudon in ruby and have meanwhile been attempting a speed run in leaf green. At 2 hours 40 I was ready to catch zapdos and move on to the last two gyms, began running through power plant with repel and picked up a pokeball... Dang, I thought, better run! But oh, electrode was blue! I was scared and threw a masterball so so much for my speed run. But who cares if i find a shiny ;)

here it is...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(i noticed that i haven't been added to the members list on the first post, just in case my first post and pledge are on page 59)

7. stardust121

stardust121 Active Member

First of all, congrats on recent shinies. Especially sudowoodo and that blue electrode. blue seems to work well on a lot imo.

So i finally have decent pokes
    on white and i got a japanese ditto off of gts with (im pretty sure) perfect ivs. Ill test my horrible MM luck with that and mienfoo. so...news time

I was watching a show, got bored and decided to playthrough the HG i restarted awhile ago. That wasn't too interesting, so i got my GbaSP and started playing through firered too. I decided to spend some time Ev traininig dratini and hope for a shiny gastly. guess what? At 6:50pm, May 21st, i get one of my Dream shinies. a nice blue gastly. I really do love it. I saw it was shiny from the shadows. and for the first time in awhile, i was actually nervous about a shiny encounter. on its first turn, it curses. i Twaved it and caught it in a great ball. Its got a calm nature, so not bad. anyway, ill post pics later and see how drawing something works out.

Last edited: May 22, 2011
  8. Aquanova

Aquanova Well-Known Member

Well, Ive got my third shiny target, Tirutoga, Im at the museum SRing it alongside Ho-oh, I hope to get it soon although Ive only done 2 SRs :/. Also Ho-oh is going slow, im about to have 700 SRs for it, and I really hope it shines soon as I have bigger fish to fry to use a popular expression(lol). So Cobalion's been sidelined now although I'll try to work on it too sometimes. So Im busy with shinies to hunt now, wish me luck guys I really want this drought to end.Its been too long since I got a shiny.

9. mrrrrrrr KENNEDY

mrrrrrrr KENNEDY Latest (SR)

Hi all.

Long time no post but for those unaware I'm on a short hiatus from hunting. I still come here everyday though and congrats to all of you who have obtained shinies since my last post!

I promised myself I would only post for good reason... AND I FOUND ONE!
    [​IMG]

This baby appeared randomly on my Pokémon Black! I'm currently doing a playthrough were instead of limiting myself to 6 pokémon I am rotating about 20 (so far :p). I had a weird feeling I would encounter a shiny yesterday but I thought it would be in Chargestone Cave. Took me completely by suprise! She's Careful so I won't bother working out IVs and EV training it. I think i'll just add it to my team rotation. More pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and the video

Good luck everyone on your hunts!

10. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master Poison-type Trainer

SUCCESS!

Due to technical difficulties, it may take me a while to get the pictures up, but I am pleased to report that I have succeeded in hatching a shiny Solosis! The Everstone succeeded, too- it's Modest! Not only that, the IV checker guy in the Gear Station confirms that it "can't be better" in Special Attack- an IV of 31! Holy crap. I don't even think either parent had a Special Attack IV of 31! Thanks to a combination of the Lucky Egg, some wild Audino, the Exp. Point Pass Power, and Politoed's Perish Song, I was able to evolve the little guy into a Reuniclus fairly quickly. Hopefully, I'll have pics up by the end of the day, and I'm working on updating my sig as well. Only problem is, it has Overcoat instead of Magic Guard. But who cares?!?! A shiny is a shiny, and they don't come much better than this one!!

Congrats on Zebstrika, Gastly, Electrode, and any others I may have missed. And good luck to all of you!

11. Pokémon Trainer Xande

Pokémon Trainer Xande Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist

Congratulations to anyone for their new shinys. I restarted my HG, and my new ID is 05334. I only got Lake of Rage 's shiny Gyarados yet, but I am going to get lots of new shinys! Specially Charmanders and Zangooses!

12. Corroded Arceus

Corroded Arceus Shiny Hunter

So after 1869 eggs...

[​IMG]

This guy showed up! It was around 4 and I had just finished my last essay for the uni semester, and I wanted to keep this hunt progressing. I looked down, and the Deino I had just hatched looked a little funny... so I went closer... and it was green!

My timid everstone didn't work, so sadly he is relaxed, which is one of the worst possible natures for a Deino, but it's shiny, so who cares? I'm currently EV training it + leveling it up to evolve, and after that... my secret hunt begins!

Video and more pictures later. Good luck and congrats to you all!

13. Timpeni

Timpeni The Awesome One

I, Timpeni, have read all of the Forum and Club rules and promise to follow every single one of them. I also agree that breaking a rule, no matter which one, will give me a strike.

Oh my GOD. Today, I was again hatching some Ponyta eggs in SS in a futile attempt to hatch a shiny Ponyta. It would be my first shiny! But, today, Lady Luck shone on me, though in a peculiar way.

I was bored and decided to go over to Mt. Silver for a while.

THERE IT WAS. I freaked out momentarily but regained my composure. I managed to catch it with an ordinary Pokeball :D Thank god I had my False Swipe and Sleep Powder Breloom with me. Immediately transferred that thing to my Pokemon Black and now it's a Rapidash with awesome silver flames.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5748/img0034dp.jpg
    (Freaked out a bit when I saw the date, but then I noticed the date on my DS. lol)

Now, onto my next project- I have obtained a Japanese Forretress. Oh, do I smell the fresh scent of shiny Pinecos? Oh yes I do! Once I hatch them, that is! And once I get the hell off this way too comfortable chair and start hatching them already.

Congrats to everyone for their AWESOME new shinies!

14. Profile

Profile >w<

Don't worry, you're a member right when you join, unless a co-owner notices something wrong with it. Pokerealm hasn't updated the list in a long time.

~

Just to let you all know, I'm kinda on a shiny hiatus right now. After getting Lily, I haven't really had the urge to go back to hatching eggs, although I'm doing a little dare from Ivyon to get 30 eggs of 5 different Pokemon. I kinda doubt I'll get anything, but hey, I doubted I'd get a shiny on Route 5...I'll still watch over the club, just don't expect any news for a little while.

Plus this Friday, the 27th, I'm going to be gone on a trip til Sunday. Please, when I'm on my trip, don't PM me any questions, ok?

Congrats to all the new shinies!

Also, to all the people who participated in the Art Contest, don't worry, Ivyon said he'll be posting the pieces for voting soon. He just had other things going on.

Last edited: May 23, 2011
  15. *Murkrow

*Murkrow Bird trainer

My phone is still having issues transferring the hatching photo, but here are the other ones of my Munna. I evolved her to get the shot, then switched off. In total, she took 1638 eggs to hatch.

ID/OT
    Bashful
    Telepathy ability
    Musharna

I also evolved my Mienfoo. Photo's honestly do not capture how pink this shiny is!

Mienshao

I had a fair amount of luck on the GTS today. I managed to get a Japanese Galvantula, Confagrigus and -most importantly- a Heatmor. I've just thrown the Heatmor in with a male from my game. Going to start hatching now.

16. crap4263661

crap4263661 New Member

OMG GUYS!!!!
    Last night, I was dual sring pinsir in game corner and tepig.. and at 7:20 PM, I looked at my ds screen and my jaw literally dropped because I freaking saw a shiny tepig just hoping around in my screen. I was about to quit for the day at 6060 srs, and at 6054 srs, shiny tepig appeared. It has hasty nature which is pretty good and has perfect 31 speed iv. For few days I will be finally playing through my white version and ev training my piggy :D.

Sparkles!!
    Summary Page

17. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before. Staff Member Moderator

Wow that's a lot of sr's. Congrats on the shiny Tepig. I'm not sure if I'd have the patience to do that myself XD. I could try, but I'd probably give up after 1000 or so.

That's good that you got a nice nature from it too, it isn't easy to run into a nature that is above 'above average'. I usually run into a lot of 'decents' myself. Had that happen a lot with Dratinis and Dragonairs.

18. Betulina

Betulina Member

Finally!
    After 11 493 encounters in Black and 9220 in japanese White, I finally got my first RE-shiny! It's also my first female shiny, which could have been male. Sadly, it wasn't Yanma or Petilil (I've desided, that I'm not going to breed her, because shiny Lilligant would be awesome in Heal Ball), but this was my third favorite from those routes.

[​IMG]

She will be so great when she evolves! Venipede was rarest pokemon (15%) in the double grass of Lostlorn forest, so I didn't believe, that I would get it. Hopefully this means, that I'll later get the most common pokemon on route 14. Although I have had this odd feeling from the start, that my first shiny there will be Jigglypuff...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Venipede - #543 (Jolly) : 15 - 19 / 23 - 26 / 7 - 11 / 15 - 19 / 10 - 13 / 0 - 2
    Good Attack, bad speed. But luckily, the nature will help with that, so overall she's quite good.

Big thanks to Pokerealm for advice. It didn't actually help with Venipede, because it came quite soon afters starting today's hunting session, but anyway.

Even though the length wasn't too encouraging for first RE-hunt, I'm going to continue my hunts in both games. Circuit is still going on, and I want that Petilil before I leave Lostlorn forest. Swadloon and Tranquill are nice shinies too, so I'll gladly take any shiny there is. Latios is my third target in triple hunting and has 3 100 soft resets.

Congratulations to:
    crap4263661 on Tepig, Murkrow on Telepathy Munna/Musharna, Timpeni on Ponyta (And also, welcome!), Corroded Arceus on Deino, Missingno. Master on Solosis, mrr... Kennedy on random Zebstrika, teenageninjapirate on random Electrode, redpixie on Sudowoodo, Heliotrope on Swablu (You finally got it!) and Audino,Chibi Muffin on Vanillite and everyone else with new shinies!

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  19. ShinyFufu

ShinyFufu Arriving glacially.

I can't even remember the last time I posted. I feel like posting now, though. I don't have much to say because I haven't gotten a new shiny, so I suppose I'll just update you on the progress of my hunts.

Black and White: ??? -- 1193 encounters

Ruby/Sapphire: Swablu - 6004 encounters ::Torkoal - 2400 encounters :: Tailow - 1000 encounters :: Cacnea - 1000 encounters
    Platinum1: Gible - 14,058 encounters
    HeartGold/LeafGreen :: Staryu - 13,600 hooked
    SoulSilver :: Suicune - 1081 soft resets
    Diamond/HeartGold :: Torkoal - 311 eggs
    HeartGold/SoulSilver :: Lugia - 2206 SRs

Summer begins tomorrow, but I won't be able to focus fully on shiny hunting as I'd like; I'm taking the SAT in June, and I'd really like to do decently on it, so I'll be doing lots of studying for it the next week and a half...wish me luck. AND I'm talking about on the SAT, not on the shiny hunting! :p

20. Inchtall

Inchtall Back in Black....2

I, Inchtall, have read all of the Forum and Club rules and promise to follow every single one of them. I also agree that breaking a rule, no matter which one, will give me a strike.

I'd like to join this, as mentioned above. Recently, I traded a Tornadus for a Shiny Vaporeon. I will try to get pictures in as soon as possible.
    Oh, andd congratulations for all the Shiny Pokemon caught/MM/whatsoever. I es specially congratulate the owner of the Shiny Venepede.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.