• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shiny Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Congrats on the Togepi, Helio! Hopefully when I start hatching Chinchous again, my shiny will show up that quick~ o3o Do you save and reload every now and then, or do you just leave it on the whole time?

Well for a while I tried the 'leaving the game on' option; but that got boring after a few days. So now I save and restart my game every 20,000 steps.

I'm hatching for shiny Pichu now in Platinum. I've currently hatched 217 of them so far. I've also started putting some of the males ones up on the GTS if anyone here is after a good Pichu to breed from (they all have wish/volt tackle as egg moves)

I found out m shiny Togepi's IV's. They aren't that great.lol:
Togepi, Relaxed nature
HP: 28
Att: 16
Def: 8
SpA: 16
SpD: 24
Speed: 3

I'm also hatching for a shiny Buneary in Pearl 2. A shiny male Buneary has been one of my dream shinies since D/P first came out.

Good luck everyone.

Poke-Glitch

I...I Did It!
I've dedcided to chain for a shiny Baltoy now, If I get one, I'll show you! BECAUSE NOW I HAVE A CAMERA! YES! welcome to any newcomers! Deretile...How did you get shiny Rayquaza on Emerald?!? The RNG on Emerald is broken! I can't complain to much though...cos my shiny Darkrai is a killer! Might be back soon! good luck guys!

Sara Hysaro

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't posted a lot lately, I've been a bit busy and I really haven't had time to play much. Although...

I started up Ruby since I haven't played it in a while and found myself a shiny Oddish! =D

Oddish (Oddie) ♂
Nature: Relaxed
Lv: 25
HP: 58
Atk: 32
Def: 39
Sp.Atk: 50
Sp.Def: 42
Spd: 20

I seem to have good luck in my 3rd gen. Better than in 4th gen, though that might be because I haven't played those games recently. I've been trying to purify all my Shadow Pokémon in Colosseum so I can get a Ho-oh. =)

Anyways, congrats to everyone who got new shinies! Lots of new shinies while I was gone. ^^ And congrats to kirkeastment on becoming a co-owner! That's awesome.

PokeShinyHuntJack

Back....Again
My swarm today was snubbull, never tried chaining it before so i decided to chain it after my recent bad luck.
First chain broke when i was distracted at 20 :S.
Got the second one up to 40 in about 20 mins :p to repels later Shiny patch.
Ive caught it, Impish nature, not too good or bad, trying for some more.

Congrats on the Togepi and Oddish :)

ChaRichard

<--- WOOT WOOT!!
Yuss!! Shiny tangrowth!!

I was in the great marsh, looking for a carnivine cos i wanted one, and out pops a shiny tangela! I'l try and find my camera, but these are its stats:

LV 29
Gentle nature
Great marsh
Met at lv 27
Often dozes off, likes bitter food

HP:84
Atk:44
Def:70
Sp Atk: 69
SP def: 34
Speed: 45

It's crappy stats, but who cares, SHINY TANGROWTH!!!!!!

I have my Umbreon agian after my bought of stupidity! xD

Fully ev trained Def+SpDef shiny Umbreon! I cannot rename it as it is of japanese origin but i am considering naming it after my very first Umbreon in Silver "Moonlight" or maybe just "Moon". I'm not sure yet though so i'm going with "Moon" just now. Even though i cannot officially rename it i can still think of it as having a name :p

I don't even get to see it tonight or any of my pokemon as i leave for India 6:30 monday morning. I've left it in the care of my boyfriend (who needs shiny luck as no matter how hard he tries he cannot get a single one!) so for the next three weeks i will suffer from pokemon withdrawl and cannot shiny hunt so good luck to everyone and i and envious of the Magbys, Togepi and the Oddish!

And the Tangrowth but it's not a preferred poke but it looks better in green! Well done on your luck as great marsh things are always so unpredictable!

Bossk are those both shinys? I'd assume so but well done! Lucky!

Bossk

Like a champ.
No one liners.

Congrats, welcome, yes yes.

Thanks and Sorry. Um, I have to prove it, right? I don't have any pictures, but I can provide stats, i guess, and a picture of what they look like.

http://www.gtsplus.net/files/images/art/shiny/482.png

^Azelf

http://www.gtsplus.net/files/images/art/shiny/480.png

^Uxie

Azelf (I leveled him up once, so his stats are exactly as they would be as a 50)

Serious nature

HP: 151
Attack: 137
Defense: 92
Sp. Atk: 132
Sp. Def: 79
Speed: 127

Uxie

Serious nature (lol a coincidence. )

HP: 141
Attack:81
Defense:137
Sp. Atk:87
Sp. Def:150
Speed:114

I have my Umbreon agian after my bought of stupidity! xD

Fully ev trained Def+SpDef shiny Umbreon! I cannot rename it as it is of japanese origin but i am considering naming it after my very first Umbreon in Silver "Moonlight" or maybe just "Moon". I'm not sure yet though so i'm going with "Moon" just now. Even though i cannot officially rename it i can still think of it as having a name :p

I don't even get to see it tonight or any of my pokemon as i leave for India 6:30 monday morning. I've left it in the care of my boyfriend (who needs shiny luck as no matter how hard he tries he cannot get a single one!) so for the next three weeks i will suffer from pokemon withdrawl and cannot shiny hunt so good luck to everyone and i and envious of the Magbys, Togepi and the Oddish!

And the Tangrowth but it's not a preferred poke but it looks better in green! Well done on your luck as great marsh things are always so unpredictable!

Bossk are those both shinys? I'd assume so but well done! Lucky!

Yes, they're both Shiny. I selected A on Azelf and got it shiny...I almost had a heart attack. I SRed for Uxie.

that sucks, but at least you got a shiny Umbreon! He's my favorite looking shiny pokemon. :D

Last edited:

ChaRichard

<--- WOOT WOOT!!
Hey, what's the formula for finding ivs on platinum and diamond?? cos i bred a shiny turtwig just now after 5730(approx) eggs, and its stats look wicked, and i wanna know the ivs.

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

What is this, a chat thread? :/

I'm finding it difficult to stick to shiny hunts. I'm overexhausting myself with work, and being sick and into a couple of new games, it's hard to stick with playing Pokemon atm.

Hopefully when SoulSilver comes out, I'll get inspired to carry on with my shiny hunts. >3 Though I may try and do some more Route 117 tonight at some point.

Poke-Glitch

I...I Did It!
This is a question to anyone who knows a lot about the RNG in Emerald...(probably Kirkeastment) If you kept starting Emerald again, and saving at the bag then SR once until you got a shiny starter, does that then mean if you continued through the game and got to say...Rayquaza, All you'd have to do is save in front front of it, SR once and it will be shiny? and if it is shiny will it have the exact same nature as your starter?

Last edited:

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
This is a question to anyone who knows a lot about the RNG in Emerald...(probably Kirkeastment) If you kept starting Emerald again, and saving at the bag then SR once until you got a shiny starter, does that then mean if you continued through the game and got to say...Rayquaza, All you'd have to do is save in front front of it, SR once and it will be shiny? and if it is shiny will it have the exact same nature as your starter?

No it doesn't mean that. The amount of SR you have to do each time will probably vary (unless your timing is spot on). In Emerald, SR'ing is about timing; if for example you have a shiny frame at ten seconds, and you always manage to get a battle to start at ten seconds, then you will always run into a shiny (with the same nature/IV's, because it's the same shiny frame).

In a previous Emerald file I had a shiny frame at about 12 seconds, and I managed to catch a shiny Treecko/Mew/Rayquaza/Regice/Regirock/Registeel/Lileep/Beldum/Cyndaquil all via SR'ing - and they were all Serious natured with the same IV's, because they were all RNG clones caught at the same shiny frame. And they all took different amounts of SR.

EDIT: I bring profile pics of my two newest shinies:

Shiny Turtwig

Shiny Togepi

Last edited:

DarkLatios

SHINE GET
Hello once again to all of you! Congratulations on all of your recent successes, and good luck with some of your targets! There are of course a few hunters I'm sceptic of, but overall congratulations on all of the legit shinies you obtained!

As you can guess, I haven't obtained any new SR shinies yet, although my hunting has been slowed down due to school, so I have an excuse, right? =D
However, I have made a video showcasing my current SR shinies, their IVs, and other information! An unexpected visitor also appears! Is it a shiny? Just watch and see! I'm just waiting for it to upload, so once it's ready I'll edit my post!

I have finally found out the soloution as to why my Eon Ticket didn't work: I need an American copty for it to do so! I'm trying to find a copy, but I haven't had any luck so far! I'll update my status frequently about this!

EDIT: Here's my video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DshuolFDXM8

Last edited:

PokeShinyHuntJack

Back....Again
I come with good news and bad news :(.

Good News: This morning i chained 2 more shiny Snubbull's :)
Caught every single Ralts natured with Synchronize.

Bad News: Left my DSi with my Platinum in my dads car, so i wont get it until like wednesday or thursday in the post, i cnat find my pearl game so all i can do is SR, play through Diamond, which is what im gonna do :D.

Cool Video DarkLatios checked it out a second ago.

Anyway, i wish you guys luck and maybe i can get my first ever random shiny while playing through a game??? Time will find out...

eveelution23

<- awesome
Hey guys. congrats to shiny togepi, oddish, snubbul, tangela, turtwig, and any I missed. Pass some luck to me please.

I still haven't gotten anything. But my sister just gave me her ruby version. So I've decided to soft reset for raquaza when I get to him. I'm gonna train my team before I go against the elite four maybe I'll get a random encouter. I've done more resets for articuno. My total is Around 20,500 soft resets. I really wish it would shine soon. Has anybody on here ever gotten a shiny articuno before. If so could you show a picture for inspiration. I'm gonna soft reset for treecko now.

Good luck to everybody

LucarioMan101

HGSS ftw!!!!!!
Hey guys. congrats to shiny togepi, oddish, snubbul, tangela, turtwig, and any I missed. Pass some luck to me please.

I still haven't gotten anything. But my sister just gave me her ruby version. So I've decided to soft reset for raquaza when I get to him. I'm gonna train my team before I go against the elite four maybe I'll get a random encouter. I've done more resets for articuno. My total is Around 20,500 soft resets. I really wish it would shine soon. Has anybody on here ever gotten a shiny articuno before. If so could you show a picture for inspiration. I'm gonna soft reset for treecko now.

Good luck to everybody

Dude me too!!!! Articuno just doesnt want to shine!!!!! :/

Its ok though because im certain it will happen today, I just know lol

Btw, congrats to everyone on the shinies, and helio, you are on fire :D

Bossk

Like a champ.
No it doesn't mean that. The amount of SR you have to do each time will probably vary (unless your timing is spot on). In Emerald, SR'ing is about timing; if for example you have a shiny frame at ten seconds, and you always manage to get a battle to start at ten seconds, then you will always run into a shiny (with the same nature/IV's, because it's the same shiny frame).

In a previous Emerald file I had a shiny frame at about 12 seconds, and I managed to catch a shiny Treecko/Mew/Rayquaza/Regice/Regirock/Registeel/Lileep/Beldum/Cyndaquil all via SR'ing - and they were all Serious natured with the same IV's, because they were all RNG clones caught at the same shiny frame. And they all took different amounts of SR.

EDIT: I bring profile pics of my two newest shinies:

Shiny Turtwig

Shiny Togepi

I didn't understand a word you just said. What's a Shiny frame, what do you mean battle something 12 seconds? I'm really confused.

and congrats on those Shinnies ;) I'm actualy gonna work on getting Shiny Charmander for myself. Then Treecko in Emerald :)

Dude me too!!!! Articuno just doesnt want to shine!!!!! :/

Its ok though because im certain it will happen today, I just know lol

Btw, congrats to everyone on the shinies, and helio, you are on fire :D

here

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/144.shtml

the one on the right.

Last edited:

PokeShinyHuntJack

Back....Again
0.0 I lost a shiny Abra while hinting clefairy -.-
I accidently bought an abra in the game corner...and it was shiny, i slammed my Ds in disbelief and it froze :S, whoops, it was jolly natured lol, how sucky, if i bought the clefairy it would have been shiny :(.
Lets hope clefairy comes soon :).

Status
Not open for further replies.