• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shiny Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
I decided to pick up Pearl 2 and continue hatching for my shiny (male! :p ) Buneary. I went and checked my egg count, and so far I've hatched 723 eggs (which is more than I thought actually). I started hatching some time last year, I really need to consentrate on my bunny hatching...

As for my other targets:
Lugia - 2647 SR
Aerodactyl - 6750 SR
Pattern bush - 2930 encounters
Cressilia - 665 SR
Eevee - 276 eggs hatched

I hope Lugia decided to shine before the Enigma Crystal event starts. And that shiny Eevee doesn't take thousands of eggs to hatch... @_@ I've been hatching Eevee for about two and a half weeks now.

Good luck everybody.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Rrrrgh, this is frustrating me! I changed the offer on the GTS, so I'll accept ANY Magikarp for the Shaymin! And nobody took this! I DID THIS TWO DAYS AGO! How the flying toaster does anyone turn down a shiny Shaymin that they only need trade a Magikarp for?!?!

*ahem* well, on topic, I tried Slowpoke chaining today. It went miserably, a Budew broke the chain at about 4. And I won't even say for no reason. For some reason, my heart's not been in my shiny hunting lately. Pokeradar failures seem to become more and more discouraging to me. I have no desire to hatch anything, even with international parents. Later, I might try for a shiny Shinx. Haven't gone for that in a while. But should I hatch for it or use the Pokeradar? With the Pokeradar, there's eventually a higher chance of finding a shiny, but it can't get the Elemental Fangs. With hatching, there's less of a chance of a shiny, but there's also the Elemental Fangs.

Eh, I'll hatch for it. No, you know what? I'll hatch Lunatone! Just popped into my head. After all, I have a shiny Solrock, a shiny Lunatone would complement it nicely. And after I get Lunatone, I might try for Minun.

...Yeah, I'll go for a shiny Lunatone. You know what? Me posting this stuff here and thinking about a possible shiny target might just have been the thing to break me out of this slump of mine! Yeah!

Ok, people! I got my motivation back! I'm going for a shiny Lunatone, wish me luck!

MetaPheonixPal

Rrrrgh, this is frustrating me! I changed the offer on the GTS, so I'll accept ANY Magikarp for the Shaymin! And nobody took this! I DID THIS TWO DAYS AGO! How the flying toaster does anyone turn down a shiny Shaymin that they only need trade a Magikarp for?!?!
That is easy to answer.
Most people either
A. Already have a Shaymin
or
B. Have not seen it in their pokedex before so they cannot look for it on the GTS
or
C. They might think its hacked.

Taking a break from Darkrai for now.. I has a nine day vacation thing coming up so that gives me more time to SR for stuff but for now teachers are trying to get in as much homework as possible and stuff x.x

Raikou_fan

Well, I know the first thing that would pop ino my mind when I see a shiny shaymin going for a magicarp is that the shaymin is hacked, or whoever offered it is just extremely stupid. Lol don't take that the wrong way and think I'm calling you stupid, thats just what I would think.

Anywaaaaaaaaaaay, my main target now is a shiny scyther. I've been able to get a shiny growlithe with nice IV's through a trade, but I think I want to get scyther myself. I've been getting really anxious to SR on SS, I wish the U.S. release date wasn't so far off....

Congratulations to everyone on their new shinies. Good luck with all your hunts!

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
That is easy to answer.
Most people either
A. Already have a Shaymin
or
B. Have not seen it in their pokedex before so they cannot look for it on the GTS
or
C. They might think its hacked.

Well, I know the first thing that would pop ino my mind when I see a shiny shaymin going for a magicarp is that the shaymin is hacked, or whoever offered it is just extremely stupid. Lol don't take that the wrong way and think I'm calling you stupid, thats just what I would think.

Yeah, you both raise good points. MY thinking was that people would find it a refreshing change from the freaks who are asking for Shaymin in exchange for their Shaymin. And then there are those who'd be so desparate for a shiny legendary that they wouldn't give a flying cheese about the possibility of it being hacked. Note that I don't know myself if this particular Shaymin is hacked or not.

Anyway, Lunatone hatching not going so well thus far. But then again, I'm only up to five eggs thus far.

Ammako

It's because the Shaymin is hacked.
Nobobdy will be able to see your Shaymin on the GTS.

You better off releasing it.
But keep in mind that tweaked Darkrai and Shaymin aren't able to be traded on the GTS.
If someone tweaked to get that Shaymin and SRed for a shiny one, it would probably be exactly like yours.
Either it's a tweaked shiny Shaymin, either it's a 100% hack.

RedGyarados

Finally Mine!
Hi everyone it's been a while since I was on the forums but I'm back for now with some good news. I hatched a shiny Treecko about two weeks ago and figured I'd come on and tell everyone. I don't have my DS on me so I can't say what its stats are but if I can remember I will do so.

In other news I'm still looking for Ho-oh and Mew and I've also been SRing for Shaymin for about two days now. I hope it won't take long to shine though because I'm really wanting to hunt for a Starly.

Good luck everyone.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
well it might be flour paradise
anyway my chainings been haywire lately. I started switching my game cartridges from sapphire emerald and leafgreen and my chaining patches keep changing. Ive gotten lucky and I was able to start a vulpix chain but a hidden patch in front of me shook, and I didn't see it and the chain broke so I need some information on the type of patches these pokemon appear in and what game cartridges affect the patches. plus I need help with ma eevee and ditto and no ones helping. -_-

Last edited:

DarkDragon

Hasta pasta
anyway my chainings been haywire lately I started switching my game cartridges from sapphire emerald and leafgreen and my chaining patches keep changing Ive gotten lucky and I was able to start a vulpix chain but a hidden patch in front of me shook and I didn't see it and the chain broke so I need some information on the type of patches these pokemon appear in and what game cartridges affect the patches plus I need help with ma eevee and ditto and no ones helping. -_-

This isn't a strike, but I just wanted to let you know I won't be reading any of your posts that look like this. I don't want to spend the effort trying to decipher what language you're using.

I just finished EV training my new shiny Latias. I have a strange feeling that I'll run into a Random soon. Maybe it's because I've had such luck these past few weeks, with random Minum on Emerald, then my shiny Wish Eevee (now a fully EV trained Umbreon), then that beautiful shiny Bold Latias. I went for Sp Attack and Speed, but may change the EV training later. It only has good IVs in both defences and special attack; the rest of the stats are beyond lousy.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
This isn't a strike, but I just wanted to let you know I won't be reading any of your posts that look like this. I don't want to spend the effort trying to decipher what language you're using.

I just finished EV training my new shiny Latias. I have a strange feeling that I'll run into a Random soon. Maybe it's because I've had such luck these past few weeks, with random Minum on Emerald, then my shiny Wish Eevee (now a fully EV trained Umbreon), then that beautiful shiny Bold Latias. I went for Sp Attack and Speed, but may change the EV training later. It only has good IVs in both defences and special attack; the rest of the stats are beyond lousy.
whats wrong with it there aren't any mistakes in their and its based on what other people have seen not someone who just looks at it its like Im talking with someone and you just come into the conversation

ScorpionX

820 eggs so far
whats wrong with it there aren't any mistakes in their and its based on what other people have seen not someone who just looks at it its like Im talking with someone and you just come into the conversation

Probaby because there isn't punctuation of any shape or form in this or the previous sentence, and probably because the least we ask in here is a try at decent grammer.

Random hunt is still going slowly, but i'm not moving from that route until i find a shiny, or my starter reaches level 100 (whichever comes first)

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^

o_O Flour paradise...? ... Do they make good bread there?

:p

Anyway. I passed the 3000 SR mark in my shiny Lugia hunt today; currently I'm at 3425 SR, and I'm about to do some more while I watch "Escape to the country"

Good luck people. ^.^

... I lol'ed.

Sigh. I don't mean to be... well, mean, but bad grammar makes my head hurt. It's a pet peeve of mine. @_@

Last edited:
Finally I got pics, and here is probably my best and most powerful shiny:
hni0006.jpg

This gut might look weak, but with the adamant nature I was so lucky to get, It will have a whopping 450+ attack stat! not to mention the Hp in the 500s, def, in the 300s, and fairly decent speed for its power. When this turns into a slaking and equiped with a choice band it will be King Kong amoung ambipalms. I might have the IVs of this later.

Oh, and here is the Cubone I caught:

hni0007.jpg

meh... worst nature you could get, but at least its shiny.

Im pretty excited about my future black beast of a slaking, and I will spend the next few days EV training it and getting it up to 100.

Good luck to everyone else.

peace out.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
If you have a problem with a co-owner's decision, PM him or me. Don't post about it here. You're just cluttering the thread.

I'm actually getting in some hunting...next week is Thanksgiving Break, but as I've said time and time again, I'll be in the Bahamas playing basketball from Tuesday until Sunday. That means no shiny hunting. I've also got a physics project to work on, so from now until Tuesday, I'm trying to get in a decent amount of hunting.

So far I've brought my SR total for Piplup up to 1500, and my SR total for Darkrai up to 213. I'm going to continue SRing for Darkrai and begin random encountering for a shiny Spheal on my Ruby version. Wish me luck.

Edit: I decided that I really want a shiny Trapinch from the desert more than a shiny Spheal (shiny Flygon just looks so enticing!), so I'm changing my target on Ruby.

Last edited:

Poke-Glitch

I...I Did It!
Nice shinies there BluUmbreon! and good quality pics too! I'm off to do more RNGing on Palkia now...see ya!

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
It's because the Shaymin is hacked.
Nobobdy will be able to see your Shaymin on the GTS.

You better off releasing it.
But keep in mind that tweaked Darkrai and Shaymin aren't able to be traded on the GTS.
If someone tweaked to get that Shaymin and SRed for a shiny one, it would probably be exactly like yours.
Either it's a tweaked shiny Shaymin, either it's a 100% hack.

0_o Hacked/tweaked Shaymin can't be seen or traded on the GTS?! But I traded over the GTS to get it in the first place! This makes no sense!

And why can't tweaked Darkrai and Shaymin be traded anyway? It's not like Nintendo purposely put in a block against these Pokemon...

Taking a break from Lunatone hatching for the time being. I'm considering doing more chaining, either for Slowpoke or Shinx.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Right now I be hatching Eevee eggs in Platinum. But in a little while I'll be switching back to my Buneary hatching in Pearl 2.

On another note: has anybody noticed that shiny Lopunny
ShinyLopunny.png

looks a bit like Lopmon from Digimon Tamers
lopmon.gif
... isn't he cute? ^.^

If I do manage to hatch a shiny male Buneary I may have to nickname him Lopmon in his honour. n_n

(oddly enough Lopmon is a boy in the Japanese version, but for some reason the american dubbers made him a girl... I suppose they must be suffering from the 'everything pink must be female' sydrome. >_> )

Good luck guys.

Last edited:

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
okay so yesterday I got annoyed with my vulpix and houndour failures so I went to the route outside of sunnyshore.I started to chain floatzel, then I said screw this and I got an electabuzz. So I started to chain and I got to a chain of 30!!!! then I looked the other way and I saw a couple of patches shake so I reset the radar and started walking then I end up walking into a patch with a FLOATZEL. I was so mad when this happened cuz I almost had a shiny electabuzz. I have decided to chain for houndour during the day since it has a higher chance of appearing and their are no zubat XP

Mence Master

<- Most Recent Shiny
So I watched Arceus and the Jewel of Life yesterday. It was a pretty good movie, but what about the shiny Pichu? I thought that was supposed to be with the Notched-Ear Pichu in the movie... s:

Anyways, congrats on all recent shinies. I'm up to 23.5k or 24.5k SRs for Giratina... It gets really old, really fast. I need your luckz0rz.

That's it for this miniscule post, so peace out, and good luck to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.