• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shiny Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookies kill you

Like a boss
ahhh im so scared i think i mightve found the shiny groudon but i wasnt paying attention that much

Bossk

Like a champ.
Well here are some possibilties:

1. You found a real shiny but the AR screwed it up.
2. The AR created it by accident.
3. You imagined the sparkles.
4. You're making stuff up.

I'll go with either 1 or 2.

I know I didn't make it up, and I have no reason to make it up...I mean coming here and saying "I FOUND A SHINY GLITCHED THING!!!111eLeVEn!!!!!"

but lol, it kinda sucks, I was upset I probably found a 1/8192 shiny, but my AR messed it up...

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
I'll go with either 1 or 2.

I know I didn't make it up, and I have no reason to make it up...I mean coming here and saying "I FOUND A SHINY GLITCHED THING!!!111eLeVEn!!!!!"

but lol, it kinda sucks, I was upset I probably found a 1/8192 shiny, but my AR messed it up...

Well thats to bad. :(

And cookies please folow the correct format that is stated on the first post.

Bossk

Like a champ.
Oh, here's a funny part: When I go to the PC to get my Pidgeot so I can fly to the GTS building, I looked at the spot in my party (i cought the nothing) and the sprite shows a small Shadow (the one you see in battle) and then a question mark =P

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
C: Congrats on the shiny Suicune, mewmaster! It's always awesome to get a shiny under the assumed odds. n_n And Suicune looks amazing shiny, too!

Work and a viral stomach bug has really stopped me from doing any form of shiny hunting in the past week. I did manage to chain two shiny Mareeps with the help of Static, but they didn't really feel as amazing as when I got my Delibird. ;D

Still, though. The one Mareep I'm keeping for myself has a lovely nature, nice name, and was caught in a Luxury Ball. I'll put up pictures of her when I've EV trained her and evolved her into a Flaaffy (she's staying as a Flaaffy~)

I still haven't evolved my shiny Cyndaquil, either. ;~; I haven't done much progress at all on any of my Pokemon games... been too busy with work and Persona 3 to really bother.

*cough* Anyways, I'm hoping that this week, in between polishing my art and spriting, I can get some shiny hunting done, and maybe try and advance further on Sapphire to reach Rayquaza. n_n
And I'm going to wait until I finish my English Platinum before SRing for Palkia. It would take far too long if I did it on a new Japanese Pearl game when I'm attempting to start an English Platinum too... might as well just do it all on one game instead. I might SR Giratina, too. o:

Sorry for the lack of shinies, and the useless updating. |D
Hopefully my next post will be a shiny post~

Last edited:

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Oh, here's a funny part: When I go to the PC to get my Pidgeot so I can fly to the GTS building, I looked at the spot in my party (i cought the nothing) and the sprite shows a small Shadow (the one you see in battle) and then a question mark =P

Sounds like you found a Missing Number to me. I'm pretty sure that they appear as an invisible shiny in the 3rd/4th gen games. And they have a question mark as their sprite.

... wait. You caught it? I hope it doesn't glitch up your game...

On-topic: Currently random shiny hunting in Pattern Bush. I hope it's a Johto Pokemon that shines and not a Weedle/Caterpie.

Ammako

Lol, something similar happened to me in Emerald.
I decided to use cheats to catch shiny of some Pokémon, so I could use them in my team.
I activated the Vulpix cheat, but forgot to activate the shiny code.

When I found a Vulpix in the wild, it was shiny, so I was just like "The codes worked"
Then I reboot my game with another Pokémon code and the shiny code, but it was a different nature than the Vulpix!
When you use a shiny cheat in the 3rd gen games, they will always be the same gender and nature (I tested.)

This happened in Gold, too. I had activated the shiny cheat, but the AR switch was turned off.
When I found a Ditto, it was shiny. I said "Hey, the AR isn't even turned on!"

I believe that happened to another member here on the forums with a Togetic or something...

Yay, a fellow cat owner. Yes, they're my cats - or at least our family cats (though my mother and did pay half each for Oscar, so I guess technically he's all mine now)

My off-topic bit: ... Yay! Tottenham gave Wigan a damn good thrashing in the football yesterday. 9-1. lol, 9-1. That's the best score I've ever seen. And as a Tottenham fan, I'm obviously very pleased about it. ^.^

Strangely, I never bought any cat.
All my cats were given to me as gifts or abandonned ones we found.

I got three cats at my mom's house.
When I was a kid, someone gave us two cats, a black one and a yellow one.
The yellow one got lost outside, unfortunately.
Our neighbors gave us two cats, since their cat had babies and they couldn't keep them all.

At my dad's house, we got two.
The first one, he was meowing in front of our door, and I was too affraid to open the door, I thought he would run away. So my mom opened the door and it went in. We kept it afterwards.
As for the second one, it's the yellow cat. One of my stepmom's students was giving away baby cats. There were four salt and pepper ones, and one yellow one.
We chose the yellow one, and I think it's the most awesome cat ever!
If I slowly approach him from behind and touch him with my finger, he turns around and does "brooo?"
That's very funny.

Last edited:

Bossk

Like a champ.
It did glitch up my game...I thought that it would just be a bit messed up and would look wierd, I turn it off then it would it look normal, but no. Now I can only have 5 Pokemon in a party

If I put six the sprite will turn gold, then whatever Pokemon I put in there will stay frozen on the screen until I exit the PC and then it will be gone....61 or 71 Gliscor went away..thank god I didn't save after that happened

DarkDragon

Hasta pasta
Hey, guys! I found a Shiny! I was using my AR to get low-leveled fully evolved pokemon to help myself EV train for the BT and guess what? I found a Shiny! But the thing was, the shadow went waaaaay up and nothing was there. The name was ------ and in the Pokedex it showed three white blocks :(

So did I find a real 1/8192 shiny and it was messed up? I'm not sure...

Please re-read the Forum rules. This line of conversation is ended. We are not allowed to discuss cheats/cheat codes/AR or other cheat devices here.

I'm giving a strike to Bossk and to anyone else who follows this line of converation from the time of my post on. Thanks for compliance.

PokeShinyHuntJack

Back....Again
Congrats on all the new shinies everyone :).
Cant wait till the holidays more SRing time. Now i wanted to ask your opinion on this:
I want to buy a jap Soul Silver for shiny hunting off ebay but two events have gone past, but i dont want to miss the latias/latios event and they will redo for later versions and i will buy a english HG.
And it would be good for Sring.
Should I?

Double-oh-Platypus

Searching for Shinies on Route 201 or whatever, gets really annoying. I was lucky if I chained past two -_-"

And to answer PokeShinyHunterJack's question (too lazy to do a quote)... go for it. You could get the event Pokemon twice and you'd have more chances to work on your hunting. ^^

Polarix

n___n
I'm gonna SR for a starter in LG, I've decided to go for Bulbasaur since it's my favourite shiny from the three. This'll be my first proper attempt to SR for a shiny, wish me luck ^^

Poke-Glitch

I...I Did It!
Hey guys! havn't been here in a while...but I read up on all the posts I missed! congrats for the shiny Suicune and Turtwig! REALLY COOL! I have some wicked HG/SS news! I live in the UK and by tradition...we always get EVERYTHING last! but I have been informed that HG and SS will be released here in February! that's not far away! and for you guys in America (who get stuff about a month before us!) will probably get it in January! so Shinyfufu...It will be OK to set Johto as the new shiny hunt as people will all have the game in more or less the beggining of the year!!! People are asking if the shiny rate 1/8192 has been dropped in HG/SS...well I don't blame them really, people are getting shinies on it very quickly! sometimes even on the first day of the hunt! so I think there could be a change in shiny rate...though many of the shinies obtained so fast has been the 3 johto staters...and we all know that you can check all 3 of them if they are shiny before excepting them, so finding a shiny in that case will be 3 times easier! (not to mention faster! which means more SR to fit in!) so back to the question...'has the rate been dropped' well...I don't know, but I'm guessing it will be easier than ever before to find a shiny starter in those games! Moving along...pokemon rumble, never knew you could find shinies in that game! did know you can get shinies by password though...I don't have the game...might buy it, if someone answers this question...can you send pokemon to and from pokemon rumble? if you can then it's a winner! and it will be great to find shinies such as Bulbasaur and send them to your DS! still hunting Palkia by the way...getting SO bored! the RNG for legends is really hard! hope I do it today! good luck guys!

PokeShinyHuntJack

Back....Again
I have some wicked HG/SS news! I live in the UK and by tradition...we always get EVERYTHING last! but I have been informed that HG and SS will be released here in February! that's not far away! and for you guys in America (who get stuff about a month before us!) will probably get it in January!

Wow this is the best new ive heard in a loooong time :).
My dad is going to USA for work in january so he can pick me one up there as a gift and then get the other when its released in UK :p.
Double the events, and a good chance to SR for latios/latias (i was considering doing TV method once lol).
Thanks!
Good luck on your palkia!

Bossk

Like a champ.
You've got to be kidding me, Poke-Glitch! Where'd did you read that?! That's amazing! Shiny Pidgeot, here I come!

I haven't seen much shinies lately, except someone's Suicune which is amazing! Congrats.

Well, I've been looking for...well I long time now and not one shiny Pidgey, so I will take a break and hunt for one in HG/SS since it will most likely be coming out in January.

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
Poke-Glitch you are the best! Well if you're right anway...

I don't think I'm going to SR for the shiny starter on HGSS since I'm going to try an egg for each of them after Colluseum... and I'm going to SR Mt.Battle Totadile on XD.

Today was the last day of school since this week is Thanksgiving! Torkoal here I come!

Ammako

January and February will not be the release dates for HG/SS.
They said Spring 2010, not Winter 2010.
Now, Poke-Glitch, could you please stop posting information without verifying it first?
That's been the second time you post stuff without checking it.

First, you post that shiny Charizard thing, wich was obviously fake.
Now, you post that January-February thing, wich is obviously fake, too, since it doesn't fits with the official dates that were revealed.

DarkDragon

Hasta pasta
Hey guys! havn't been here in a while...but I read up on all the posts I missed! congrats for the shiny Suicune and Turtwig! REALLY COOL! I have some wicked HG/SS news! I live in the UK and by tradition...we always get EVERYTHING last! but I have been informed that HG and SS will be released here in February! that's not far away! and for you guys in America (who get stuff about a month before us!) will probably get it in January! so Shinyfufu...It will be OK to set Johto as the new shiny hunt as people will all have the game in more or less the beggining of the year!!! People are asking if the shiny rate 1/8192 has been dropped in HG/SS...well I don't blame them really, people are getting shinies on it very quickly! sometimes even on the first day of the hunt! so I think there could be a change in shiny rate...though many of the shinies obtained so fast has been the 3 johto staters...and we all know that you can check all 3 of them if they are shiny before excepting them, so finding a shiny in that case will be 3 times easier! (not to mention faster! which means more SR to fit in!) so back to the question...'has the rate been dropped' well...I don't know, but I'm guessing it will be easier than ever before to find a shiny starter in those games! Moving along...pokemon rumble, never knew you could find shinies in that game! did know you can get shinies by password though...I don't have the game...might buy it, if someone answers this question...can you send pokemon to and from pokemon rumble? if you can then it's a winner! and it will be great to find shinies such as Bulbasaur and send them to your DS! still hunting Palkia by the way...getting SO bored! the RNG for legends is really hard! hope I do it today! good luck guys!

Um. If this were true, wouldn't people like those at Amazon know this by now? Amazon.com still doesn't have a release date for the American version of these games.

Traditionally, the American English version of each game came out about March or April after its Japanese release. So while I hope you know something I don't about this, I really doubt you're correct. Where did you get this "information?"

EDIT: I think I see what confused you. The TRADING CARD GAME expansion pack for HG/SS will be released Feb 10, 2010. Not the video game.

Last edited:

Dragonking

Ouch, I was really hoping that technology would speed up the releases of these games. Oh well, I've done some more Giratina resetting getting in about 10 resets when I find the time as so many other conflicting interests occupy my time.

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
I keep trying to reword my post over and over again, but it carries on for far too long that it's just a load of writing that no one wants to read. @__@

So I'll do a tl;dr version:

~ I'm going to SR Palkia on my English Platinum cartridge instead of my R4 Japanese Pearl, so I don't wind up playing two new Sinnoh games at once.
~ Making use of my English Pearl for once and I'm going to pick up an Azelf SR hunt, as I've begun to get really attatched to them. ;D
~ Mass EV training on Emerald in hopes of another shiny. I've found two different shiny frames before on that one game so I wouldn't be surprised if I found another~
~ Mass EV training on my English Diamond cartridge also hoping for a random shiny, since I've never found a random shiny on my 260+ hours playing it.
~ Chaining Eevees on Japanese Platinum, possibly Seviper too.
~ Continuing through Sapphire as fast as I can to reach Rayquaza. Up to Norman right now.
~ Unsure what to do on my SoulSilver. I can't be bothered continuing the storyline, so if anyone's got any hunting ideas, gimme~ =D

Okay I think I'm done. ;o;
Azelf hunting begins tonight~

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.