• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shiny Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poke-Glitch

I...I Did It!
What?! the trading card game!? No, I'm sure that's not it...see I got the info off a friend that knows a lot about the DS games (he's in his 20's) (and he's a shiny hunter) and he told me the date's been changed to February...I just took his word for it, he's always right with stuff like this...I'll go and research it, though they say it is going to released spring...but what comes after winter? spring. And they may count February as the start of spring...in which case both America and England might get it spring...I'll check. Still trying Palkia...man! hope it shines! good luck guys!
EDIT: I...I can't believe it...a..shiny Palkia has just popped up on my DS...! I've closed the DS to contain my excitement! I'm SO happy right now! soon I'll battle it! it'll be great! thanks to shinyjack for wishing me luck! I have 2 masterballs so I will definitly catch it! but I'll try and catch it in luxuary ball first! YES! I'M SO HAPPY! ALL THREE SINNOH LEGENDS! COM'ON! I've grabbed a camera...here it is on my screen -
http://i46.*******.com/fedh6v.jpg
I'm gonna have dinner now...take a breather from it...then I'll be back and I'll film the battle for you guys! good luck with your own hunts!

Last edited:

frozenthrone101

BugBite Leader
well done on the palkia , gone to thread my swarm today

Polarix

n___n
-
http://i46.*******.com/fedh6v.jpg
I'm gonna have dinner now...take a breather from it...then I'll be back and I'll film the battle for you guys! good luck with your own hunts!

Wow, congrats. I'm thinking of going for Palkia myself on Platinum. But first I do need to activate them on top of Mt. Coronet, that's if I can remember how to do it though XD

Poke-Glitch

I...I Did It!
Wow, congrats. I'm thinking of going for Palkia myself on Platinum. But first I do need to activate them on top of Mt. Coronet, that's if I can remember how to do it though XD
Thanks! I just caught it! in a luxuary ball!!! It was a long battle...but I did it! WHOO! I can help you by the way...all you need to do is beat the elite four and then return to Mt. Coronet...go to the bit deep in the cave where you find the waterfall and go up it...there will be a entrace to a dead end...inside you'll find the Adamant Orb and the Lustrous Orb (and a Arceus plate I think), if you take them and go back to the spear pillar (where you battled Mars and Jupiter and entered the Distortion world) there will be a blue portal...that's where you'll find Dialga...after defeating, escaping or catching Dialga, run out of the spear pillar and then back in again, the blue portal will have disapeared and a pink one will appear on the other side...that's where Palkia is! If you want to SR for Palkia before Dialga then take the Lustrous Orb only...as Dialga always appears first before Palkia (I'm guessing that's because of pokedex order) hope this helps! I filmed a great vid of the battle, and (unlike Shaymin) it actually lasted! I'll upload it tommarow maybe...they take SO long! well then...see ya guys! good luck!

Last edited:

DarkDragon

Hasta pasta
... Just now. Emerald game #2. Mirage Tower.

BLUE TRAPINCH!!!!!

Six Great Balls later...

Female. Level 22. Hardy. Hyper Cutter (too bad, but it won't matter once she's a Flygon). Stats: 52/52/31/25/30/9. I will run IVs at a later time.

Oh, this is one I've wanted for a loooong time! And she had a Soft Sand!

My first shiny on this Emerald since I last restarted the game. This makes a full 2 boxes of third gen shinies I've hunted, plus Wailmer from a friend and a Dusclops (though I found my own Duskull) from my nephew.

Oh, and congrats to Glitch on Palkia.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
n_n

Behold the beauty that is...

... PINKIA!

P1060939.jpg

Otherwise known as shiny Lugia. I'd just sat myself down to watch the football when 8 SR later this thing came scrolling across the screen. It took 5263 SR in total.

I didn't bother trying to weakn it; I just chucked a master ball. And luckily enough my Bold synchroniser actually worked this time, so it's a Bold natured shiny Lugia. ^_^

I'm uploading a video of the battle now to youtube. I'll post the link here when it's done.

Congrats on new shinies guys.

EDIT: Just checked its IV's. Not the best IV's in the world (apart from its lovely HP/Speed) but at least it's got the right nature. It also has great timing, too, as this means I'll be able to start SR'ing for a shiny Latios as soon as the event is relased. ^-^

Lugia - #249 (Bold)
HP: 24 - 25
Att: 0 - 1
Def: 10 - 11
SpA: 16 - 17
SpD: 5 - 6
Speed: 26 - 27

Edit 2: Shiny Lugia video

Last edited:

Clever-Mird

Shiny total 16
Well, I have beaten four gyms and am on the fifth on my platinum with shiny turtwig. he is now a lvl 45 shiny torterra, and the only pokemon I have trained. I know its bad tactics, blah blah blah, but I really like him! I hope to try and find another shiny by going through, and after I can reach one of my fav legendaries (Uxie) I hope to SR for it! I won't spend too much time on it, because I want to chain porygon, ditto, surskit, and cubone. Cubone I could do in my platinum, but if I have the opportunity then I will.

Congrats on the Lugia and Pialkia!

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
I can only get my Torkoal chains up to 10-20! I'm not doing any other hunts until I get my Torkoal!

But when i do get Torkoal I'm going to SR Heatran and chain Pichu.

DarkDragon

Hasta pasta
Helio, how many non-chained legit shinies do you have now? Seems like you're getting a lot of luck lately. Which ones are they, if you don't mind me asking? I was away for a number of months.

And your videos are still great!

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Helio, how many non-chained legit shinies do you have now? Seems like you're getting a lot of luck lately. Which ones are they, if you don't mind me asking? I was away for a number of months.

And your videos are still great!

Thanks. ^_^; All of my shinies are legit, by the way.

In the past I did use to use a fast egg hatch code and a code to acquire the Eon tickets so I could SR for a shiny Latios/Latias. But I've released all shinies caught with them, because even if they are 'semi-legit', I wanted to be able to say that my shiny collection is 100% legit. And now I can. n_n

I've caught 61 shinies since I started hunting in 2006 (the newest being that Lugia obviously). I've had a bit of luck this year, getting some shiny legendaries in under a 1000 SR (Darkrai in 920 SR and Ho-oh in 145 SR) and had some random encounter shinies (Machop, blue Shellos and Seedot).

... You don't want me to list all my shinies, do you? That might take up a lot of room. But here's all the shinies I've caught so far this year, if you're interested:
Treecko - 11th January (Emerald)
Tangela - 10th February (Fire Red) (5113 encounters)
Whismur - 10th February (Ruby 2) (17,892 encounters)
Machop - 19th February (Ruby 2) (Random encounter)
Shellos - 28th February (Pearl 2) (Random encounter)
Numel - 4th March (Ruby 2) (14,142 encounters)
Spinda - 29th March (Ruby 2) (15,861 encounters)
Torchic - 3rd April (Emerald)
Seedot - 5th April (Ruby 2) (Random encounter)
Zigzagoon - 12th May (Ruby 2) (9986 encounters)
Uxie - 3rd June (Pearl 2) (23,303 SR)
Sandshrew - 14th June (Ruby 2) (6586 encounters)
Deoxys - 16th June (Fire Red)
Totodile - 18th July (Platinum) (3411 eggs)
Staryu - 1st August (Leaf Green) (9330 encounters)
Darkrai - 4th August (Platinum) (920 SR)
Kyogre - 27th August (Sapphire)
Turtwig - 3rd September (Platinum) (3221 eggs)
Togepi - 4th September (Platinum) (350 eggs)
Ho-oh - 16th September (Heart Gold) (145 SR)
Oddish - 23rd September (Sapphire) (1902 encounters)
Totodile - 29th September (Heart Gold) (1491/4473 SR)
Torchic - 16th October (Emerald)
Suicune - 27th October (Heart Gold) (16,137 SR)
Pidgey - 29th October (Fire Red) (1888 encounters)
Chikorita - 31st October (Heart Gold) (12,916/38,748 SR)
Pichu - 3rd November (Platinum) (2312 eggs)
Lugia - 25th November (Heart Gold) (5263 SR)

I do seem to be rather lucky shiny-wise. But I do spend pretty much all my free time shiny hunting. ^^;

Good luck on your own hunting, guys.

DarkDragon

Hasta pasta
Actually, Helio, I would love to see a banner or a list of all your shinies - you've got some great ones!

I'm surprised you let the others go. I don't know if I could have done that. Especially the Latis.

How many games do you hunt on at a time, and how many hours a week (average)? I'm just curious - you see my shiny hunts are nowhere near as successful as yours (see my sig for all the 3rd gen shinies I've caught in the past few years). I only have 60+2 3rd gen shinies so far, and about 15 or so random/sr/bred shinies on 4th gen (I haven't counted lately, and I certainly don't count the 600 or so chained shinies I still keep).

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
*stares at Helio*

Wow, I'm starting to think that you painted everything you own golden... and put glitter on them...

I don't think I'll ever be able to get that many (But my mom says that I never give up and is persistant).

Double-oh-Platypus

Congrats on everyone with their shinies! You guys are doing awesome!

So I've been spending my evenings hunting for Shinies in the route just off of Sandgem Town. Let me tell you, it's hard. I keep getting different Pokemon popping up once I beat another one... it's like they don't know I'm hunting for something else! (-_-") Anyway, I had a pretty decent Kricketot chain going... until a Starly broke it. Back to hunting tonight. Maybe I'll get lucky ^^

Ammako

Actually, Helio, I would love to see a banner or a list of all your shinies - you've got some great ones!

I'm surprised you let the others go. I don't know if I could have done that. Especially the Latis.

How many games do you hunt on at a time, and how many hours a week (average)? I'm just curious - you see my shiny hunts are nowhere near as successful as yours (see my sig for all the 3rd gen shinies I've caught in the past few years). I only have 60+2 3rd gen shinies so far, and about 15 or so random/sr/bred shinies on 4th gen (I haven't counted lately, and I certainly don't count the 600 or so chained shinies I still keep).
And that's what her sig is for! ^_^
There's a list, including pictures, of all of her shinies.

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
What?! Helio's a girl?! Well, you live and you learn.

Even thought tommorows Thaksgiving, I'm going to hunt as much as I can. Oh, also check my user title just for the occasion! :D

Torkoal seems to like it to.

Zabi

Not really here.
What?! Helio's a girl?! Well, you live and you learn.

Why are you making such a big deal about it? It's not really breaking news.

There really should be a disclaimer in the first post stating girls hunt for shinies, too, because really, I must have seen, "What, Helio/S_D/etc. is a girl!?", over fifty times now. I don't see what is so unexpected about seeing a girl playing Pokemon. Or, if you have seen Helio's shiny videos, you would hear a girl talking, so I don't know how people can't put two and two together.

A lot of new shinies today, congrats guys.

cookies kill you

Like a boss
yaaaas oh my god best momment every and risky i found a shiny gloom in the berry forrest while i was looking for that guys daughter with all my jacked pokemon that could slay it in one shot so i sent in electrabuzz used swift i got sooo scared cause it was a critaical hit and to make matters worsssse i had only 3 pokeballs but oh my god im a lucky ***** so far in fire red ive gotten a shiny rattat pidgey spearow and now gloom

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
Why are you making such a big deal about it? It's not really breaking news.

There really should be a disclaimer in the first post stating girls hunt for shinies, too, because really, I must have seen, "What, Helio/S_D/etc. is a girl!?", over fifty times now. I don't see what is so unexpected about seeing a girl playing Pokemon. Or, if you have seen Helio's shiny videos, you would hear a girl talking, so I don't know how people can't put two and two together.

A lot of new shinies today, congrats guys.

1. I know that girls can play pokemon it's just that Helio sounds like a boy to me.
2. When I watch those videos i don't turn on the volume so I can't hear anyone talking.

UGH, I've tried like 10 chains in the past 5 minutes and all of them only go 1-6. Oh well, maybe I'll have better luck tommorow :p.

Shephard922

Were it so easy.
Whoah, I just had a panic attack. I couldn't find my Diamond version, which has every single shiny I own on it. Found it though...

I'm impressed, everyone is starting to get shinies. Congratulations Helio, Poke-Glitch and everyone else. Since I found my DS (which was also missing, and I found it in the car) I'm going to continue my HG campaign. I'll let you know if I find anything. Good luck everybody!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.