• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shiny Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pearl Parukia

Intermediate Battler
I Pearl_Parukia hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

Hey all. May I join this club? I really need I place when I can talk with other people about shinies, because some weeks ago I started chaining for the first time in my life.

PkmnHu

Plz!!!??!!??
Well, I am almost through my 13th box of Totodile. If it doesnt show up by the 14th box or else ima have to flood my Ranch with Totodile. Hehe, get it? flood, Totodiles water type xD. Ah my corny joke of the day

GL evereyone

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
I Pearl_Parukia hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

Hey all. May I join this club? I really need I place when I can talk with other people about shinies, because some weeks ago I started chaining for the first time in my life.

I ChaoticInverse hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them. Sorry about that.

Hiya to you both.

Pearl Parukia you may join, do you have any shinies at the moment, or are you just starting out in your shiny hunting career.

ChaoticInverse, can you delete one of your posts please as you've double posted. You can delete a post by clicking edit, and you'll see an option to delete the post.

Also the same question is posed to you. Do you have any shinies, or are you new to shiny hunting?

Either way, welcome to both of you. :)

___

Thanks for the heads up on DL's shiny hunting contest ShinyFufu, i registered to hunt for bug types and I've got two games prepared for bug hunting.

In my Sapphire game I'm hunting in Petalburg Woods, and in my FireRed game I'm hunting in Pattern Bush, so theres plenty of bugs for me to hunt.

I can also switch it up if need be and hunt in Viridian Forest in FR or if need be my SoulSilver game, or i can grab my JPPlatinum game and hunt in Ilex Forest.

So I'm definitely prepared for the hunt. I won't be taking advantage of the "one pokeradar shiny allowed" rule, as I really want to focus on random encounters.

Good luck to everyone. :D

Shadow_Mew

The Fire Within
I Shadow_Mew hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

I love shinies! The only one I have is the pikachu colored pichu.
http://i50.*******.com/15a5ns.jpg
Rainbow Rapidash FTW!

Dark_Steelix

<~ Yo quiero!!
Heh Welcome all new members! Anyways yes thanks Fufu for the link to DarkLatios' contest. I signed up for of course, Steel types. I've refocused most of my hunts to coincide with it. I'll be Sring for Scyther on FR and Beldum on Ruby. Also I'm still going to be running around Iron Island in hopes of Onix/Steelix too. This shall be fun :D

D

Deleted member 133172

Lost a chain of thirty spoinks to a ponyta >.< they always ruin my chains, oh well, as mignight strikes I'll try my next swarm pokemon

Sigh

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
And with the Kanto Tour possibly ending, I'm curious as to how many of you are interested in March Madness? For the older members, you'll recall that March Madness was basically a giant race to see who could get the most shinies in March. Dunno why it was in March, but it was. :p I can't quite remember if we held it last year, but I'd definitely like to bring it back this year in celebration of the US/EU release of HG/SS. What do you all say? As for the Johto Tour, I still say that we should start that sometime in June.

I'd like the return of March Madness :). I never participated last year, but I'll definitely participate this year ^_^. I probably won't get a lot of shinies, as FFXIII will be coming out, so I'll be playing that a lot instead.

I wonder if you'll find another shiny Pidgey when EV training this guy. :p

Do. not. want. I already have 2 shiny Pidgey, I don't want another one XD. I don't mind having more than one Johto starter, as they are my favorites.

~
Thanks for the congrats everyone :). I decided on my next shiny hunt in HeartGold, Sudowoodo! I started yesterday so I only got 31 SR's in for it. I've also been SRing for that stubborn shiny Eevee in SoulSilver. I've been back on the hunt since I got my shiny Mewtwo, but no luck. Hopefully I can get lucky and finally get a shiny I always wanted.

Congrats to everyone on their new shinies.

LordSemaj

<- Newest Shiny
4150 abra purchases already, hopefully double that by Tuesday if I don't get it early it hopefully will come by the weekend.

Next target I'm not sure of. I'm thinking onix in FR but I've heard about a "max repel strategy" and I'm unsure of how to make it work, does anyone know what I'm talking about? And if so VM me? Thanks much

pieman556

1525 Eggs!!
I pieman556 hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

Hello all! I recently have gotten back into Pokemon again and started hatching Eevees using the Masuda Method. I am hovering somewhere around 1,200 Eevee eggs and I'm still going for it!!

In other news, on my FireRed game, I've been randomly encountering Digletts in Diglett's Cave. Right now I'm only at 100 encounters, but I have only just started today.

Pearl Parukia

Intermediate Battler
Hiya to you both.

Pearl Parukia you may join, do you have any shinies at the moment, or are you just starting out in your shiny hunting career.

I started my shiny hunting career a couple of weeks ago, but I do have some shinies.
I have:
1 Rhyhorn, 1 Electrike, 1 Cubone, 2 Phanpy, 1 Beldum, 1 Pinsir, and 1 Hondour.
Some minutes ago I was chaining Beldums (because the one I got had a "Very Finicky" characteristic, while being adamant nature >.<), but I gave up, because I chained my way up to 40, then stayed there for about 50 minutes, then the chain broke, with no shiny. This happened to me 4 times today, so I'm going to rest Beldums for a while before I really get mad.
Anyone has an idea on what to chain next? I'm up for any type of challenge.

In other news, on my FireRed game, I've been randomly encountering Digletts in Diglett's Cave. Right now I'm only at 100 encounters, but I have only just started today.

That's nice man. My cousin and I are having a competition called "The Kanto Shiny Rush". The point of it is to get every single Legendary or "Gift" pokemon shiny. The list of pokemon we have to get for the competition is:
- Shiny Bulbasaur
- Shiny Charmander
- Shiny Squirtle
- Shiny Zapdos
- Shiny Moltres
- Shiny Articuno
- Shiny Mewtwo
- Shiny Lapras (both Silph Co. and Island Four Lapras)
- Shiny Porygon
- Shiny Dratini

So far, I'm SRing for Bulbasaur. 200 and no shiny yet =\

Last edited:

Lukef555

† Budding RNGer†
I Lukef555 hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them

I'd love to join this club. I've always had a thing for shiny pokemon and the first time i encountered one (a blue electrike) i was amazed. I also had a shiny lunatone and charizard on my old emerald which i sold. The only shiny i have currently is Palkia and its awesome. Only problem is i have no idea about SRing or chaining or all that i just came across mine.

Well, hope i can join. :D

*_* G-Unit

shiny breeder!
joining

I *_* G-Unit hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

I would like to join this club because i think shiny pokemon are great!!
I currently have 19 shiny pokemon which are: noctowl, staraptor, exploud, vileplume,
bellossom, luxray, pinsir, houndoom, pachirisu, charizard, empoleon, gyarados, dragonair,
vaporeon, lapras, grimer, aerodactyl, arbok and beedrill.
Im on the hunt for a shiny butterfree which im close to =)

*_* G-Unit

shiny breeder!
yay i just hatched my shiny caterpie and puts my shiny total up to 20.
i kinda like the look of caterpie gold but im going to evolve it.
if anyone has a idea of another pokemon for me to breed to get shiny please
tell me i cant choose theres so many :)
oh and i got it at the 213th egg using the "medusa method".

PkmnHu

Plz!!!??!!??
Welcome * * G-Unit,
Pleease DO NOT double post, i believe that is a "mark" or watever it is for you, but dont worry, i think you need to recieve 3 before you are banned ffrom the forum. And gratz on the Caterepie. I am not having any luck with hatching Totodile, i am up to 418 almost 423 then i have to eitheer release a bunch or dump a bunch in my ranch. Any advice? im using a Diamond game, My parent for the totodile are a Japanese Horsea and and native Totodile. Am i unlucky or am i screwin somethin up? :/

*_* G-Unit

shiny breeder!
nah your not doing nothing wrong it takes some people thousands of eggs..
it took my charmander 83 though that was lucky.
your doing it right having 2 pokemon from diferent nationalities if you keep on track and keep an eye on the prize you will get it.
good luck.
it all comes down to luck.

oops sorry i posted again...
i thought double post means posting the same thing twice =/
it wont happen again :(

Last edited:

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Shadow_Mew, pieman556, Lukef555 and *_* G-Unit welcome to the club to all of you.

*_* G-Unit, as PkmnHu has mentioned double posting refers to any time wherein you make two posts in a row, regardless of if the posts are different. You won't receive a strike for it this time though.

PkmnHu, i appreciate that you are helping out by letting people know when they've broken rules.

However please refrain from saying to someone "i believe that is a "mark" or watever it is for you". Strikes can only be given by owners/co-owners, so please leave it to a owner/co-owner to decide whether that person receives a strike or not.

Thanks. :)

Congrats on the shiny Caterpie *_* G-Unit, only 213 eggs, very nice.

I'm off now to continue my bug hunting, really hoping that either a Cocoon Pokemon shines or Wurmple, as i would really like to avenge that shiny from an old Ruby file.

Speaking of which;

How many unavenged shinies do you someday wish to catch again?

For me, there are three Pokemon that to this day are unavenged, and i wish to re-capture them all. They are Wurmple, Seedot and Zigzagoon. All three were on my second ever file of Pokemon Ruby, and of course when i restarted the game they were all lost.

Good luck with your hunts everyone. :D

Last edited:

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
I am not having any luck with hatching Totodile, i am up to 418 almost 423 then i have to eitheer release a bunch or dump a bunch in my ranch. Any advice? im using a Diamond game, My parent for the totodile are a Japanese Horsea and and native Totodile. Am i unlucky or am i screwin somethin up? :/

You're not doing anything wrong. Hatching for a shiny usually just takes a long time, that's all. If you get the shiny in less than 1000 eggs, consider yourself lucky.

My own shiny Totodile took 3411 eggs to hatch. And I'm currently at just over 1000 eggs for my shiny Chimchar.

Nothing shining for me. I'm currently hunting in route 114, and I'm at just over 11,370 encounters. Will probably do some more Chimchar hatching/Cresselia SR later on, too.

Good luck everybody, and welcome to the new members.

EDIT: n_n Yay! At 11,776 encounters, my route 114 shiny just appeared in Sapphire! And it's... a super pretty shiny Serviper! I was hoping for either a shiny Swablu or Serviper, so I'm glad I got the shiny I wanted first for once.

She's female and Lax natured. I'll add a picture f the encounter in a minute, and I'm also uploading the battle video to youtube.

Picture!:
P1080584.jpg

Video: shiny snake

Photobucket doesn't seem to be working at the moment. My picture isn't showing up.

Last edited:

Poke-Glitch

I...I Did It!
I'm gonna start properly hunting one of my fav shinies now...Shiny Charmander! I've delayed this thing for months...but one thing I really wanna do is participate in the Kanto Tour. I can't though, because this thing is standing before me like a brick wall...that I have to smash with pure motivation. I really wanna get my first SR shiny SO bad! But I've no patience when it comes to SRing...Please wish me the best! and if you can...if you have a Shiny Charmander, could you post a pic of it to motivate me more? That's all I need! MOTIVATION! Good Luck guys...I'm about to start the biggest hunt of all time...

Dark_Steelix

<~ Yo quiero!!

For me, there are three Pokemon that to this day are unavenged, and i wish to re-capture them all. They are Wurmple, Seedot and Zigzagoon. All three were on my second ever file of Pokemon Ruby, and of course when i restarted the game they were all lost.

Good luck with your hunts everyone. :D

Obviously the shinies I want to avenge are my Giratina-O, Metagross and Groudon. Metagross and Groudon were Emerald RNG shinies so getting them again will be 1/8192 all the way now. I also want to avenge the stupid uncatchable shiny Pooch I ran into while SRing for treecko. One day I'll hunt it and hopefully catch one.

Damn congrats Helio on Seviper, really nice one! I pre-ordered Heart Gold on Sat, and I got my Ho-oh bonus figure straight away which was a relief since I got screwed out of my Giratina figure for platinum...twice -__-'.

Currently Sring for Beldum, and Scyther which has also long been a hunt of mine that never wants to shine. I swear the Game corner hates me, Just about everyone who's hunted Abra has gotten one, but last time I tried I remember making it to somewhere around 7000 abras and squat :/

...Good luck everyone else on their hunts!

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
...It's funny because I can't find any shinies. :p

Still only one, just that shiny Lairon that I plan on doing after I get my shiny Eevee and Torkoal... :p

Congrats on the Seviper, Helio. Not my most favorite shiny, but it's not mine. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.