• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shiny Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Steelix

<~ Yo quiero!!
Nice congrats on Rayquaza, Mustasiipi! Heh Shiny Rays must be swarming this month, that's the 3rd one in the club! Also congrats to Helio on the chimchar!

Anyways thanks all for the congrats on Bronzor! I'm really happy with it, even though Naughty nature is -Special Def and Heatproof is meh compared to levitate. It's IV's are apparently:

HP: 14
At: 5
Def: 12
SpA: 17
SpD 29
Spd: 25

At least SpD is really good, but too bad Att and speed couldn't have been switched around :/

Anyways currently SRing Scyther and Beldum. Also going to try Onix/Steelix + Mawile (Ruby in gba slot) in Iron Island as I don't think I will have luck with either of those 2 SRs. Good luck everyone on their hunts, especially Fufu on the long overdue Darkrai!

eveelution23

<- awesome
hey guys congratz on the shiny rayquaza Mustasiipi. congratz to A_s on the bulbasaur welcome back d_s congrats on the rayquaza, congratz to helio on the chimchar and the seviper. Congratz to anyone else I missed.

Hey poke-glitch since we are both sring for charmander do you want to race?
I Havent done to much shiny huntung lately been really busy. But today since I don't have school for the 9th day in a row because of snow I am going to shiny hunt.

I finnaly got my shiny feraligatr to lv 100 yesterday. so now I am hatching trapinch eggs for MM I am at 705 eggs hatched so far.

Goodluck to everyone. (espically fufu) I think you will get a shiny darkrai really soon. =D

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Wow, another shiny Rayquaza? That's the 3rd one in about the last week, isn't it?

Anyway, I took some profile pics of my new shinies:
Shiny Seviper
Shiny Chimchar

I also decided on a new shiny hatching target; a shiny Riolu. I've always thought that shiny Riolu/Lucario look great, so I've just traded over my female Lucario and started hatching. It'll have crunch/blaze kick as egg moves.

Good luck everybody. And congrats on all those lovely new shinies. ^_^

Edit: I've noticed that out of my 7 hatched shinies, 3 of them have managed to hatch in Solaceon town. I find that strange, since (I went and counted) Solaceon town only has 32 steps in, while route 209 has 42, and route 210 has 51 steps, so that's the most likely route your egg will hatch in (my other 4 hatched shinies did hatch in route 210)

I've yet to hatch a shiny in route 209.

Welcome to the club, RnCF. What shinies do you have?

Last edited:

RnCF

I RnCF hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

May I join, please? I'll go ahead and say while I love shinies, I don't have too many of them, nor am I too good at hunting for them xD Hoping I could get some inspiration from the members of this club, since I've been stalking watching this club for a while now and there's usually a new shiny every few posts.

Poke-Glitch

I...I Did It!
Hey poke-glitch since we are both sring for charmander do you want to race?
Yeah I don't see why not, since it is my main hunt right now...and there's no reason not too! Congrats on that Rayquaza Mustasiipi! I LOVE that shiny! I hope I get one one day...(I'll SR for it in S/S). Welcome to the club RnCF! I hope this club gives you motivation and you enjoy your stay here! What shinies do you already have? What was your first? Oh and, Extreme Floatzel...could you refrain from posting that spam. Not only is it spam, it is also a one liner if you take away the space...so you've broken 2 club rules! So please don't do that again...as no one even needs to read it.

Dragonking

Hey D_S nice shiny Bronzor, I'm going for one as well since it has the Psychic type.

Also I've got a few resets in for Mewtwo, Uxie, and Giratina. Gira's been blocking the rest of Platinum for too long now.

Hey Poke-Glitch ever heard of mini-modding, leave it to the owner and co-owners

hitoshura0

Congrats to all with the shiny Rayquazas, possibly the coolest of all the shiny legendaries, and congrats to Dark_Steelix for the shiny Bronzor.

I decided to chain today, as I was getting tired of hatching those Relicanths and I was still unnerved I hadn't caught a shiny in the wild on my Platinum cart. I saw a shiny Luxio when I was playing through the main story, but it roared me away before I could throw the ball. After failing yesterday with Spoink, Houndour, and Starly chains, I figured I'd try a different approach and went for Electric types with a dead PCP Raichu and went to try Pachirisu. I forgot that Shinx could be found in the Windworks, and when I saw one, I went to Fuego Ironworks. I found a Magnemite, and commenced chaining. And during this chain I found:
DSC00300.jpg

I caught two more of his buddies, and was going for a fourth but the chain broke. As fun as this was, I don't think I'll radar again. I think I'll go back to hatching that fish, but one monkey is off my back!

D

Deleted member 133172

Yeah everybody has new shinys but me >.<

Congrads on the Magnemite anyway.

RnCF

Thanks for the welcome :)

Lemme see...my first ever shiny was a Tentacool back in...Gold, I think. Of course, right after I evolved it, I lost Gold. I found a Wingull in Sapphire after 200 hours, but of course, I had nothing to catch it with (long story). About 200 more hours of gameplay (xD), I found a Shuppet, who is now a pretty blue Banette on Diamond, where Ive also chained three Shinx, one Stunky, and four Eevee (one of which is a Flareon).

I also SR’d for Giratina and Heatran on Pearl. Giratina only took about 30 SR’s (I was hysterical when I found it so quickly), and Heatran didn’t take more than 500 (I didn’t count, so I don’t know the exact number). Found a random encounter Raticate on Pearl too.

I’ve only found one shiny on Rumble, which is Machamp. It sucks, cause I really don’t like the whole family, but a shiny is a shiny. I think that’s all of them xD I want your shiny Linoone though, hitoshura0 lol. (Congrats on the Magnemite :) )

D

Deleted member 133172

Lol, my first was a feebass I got on wifi for a stunky, all I wanted was a regular on gts, I was so shocked when I saw it, I don't know if it is hacked O-o

Whew, new everything, new shinys(Congrats to everones success), new members, and there are now even new pokemon due to the reveiling of the 5th generation(So excited)

For the time I have been not talking in the club (about 3-4 weeks) I unfortunately have had no new shinys, unless you count Rumble shinys but I dont really care about those, there not rare or special to me(no offense to anyone who loves rumble). Iv stuck with my Kyogre hunt in my Saphire but Im only doing like 50 per day. Ill make sure to increase my SR count. Ive done about 1000 now, so I still have a loooong way to go.

Im very excited for the NA release of HGSS, and SUPER FREAKIN EXCITED about the new 5th generation pokemon being reveiled. New pokemon means brand new shinys to hunt for. And this brings me to my question,

What are you most excited for or hope to be in the 5th gen. games.

Unfortunately I predict the games that feature the 5th gen. pokemon will come to America in 2012, to bad the world gonna end(snicker, just kidding).

Good luck to all
Peace out.

Last edited:

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
What are you most excited for or hope to be in the 5th gen. games?

I just want a 100% chance shiny, like the Red Gyarados in GSCHGSS.

The chances of that happening are slim, though.

Oh well, guess I'll have to stick to not obtaining shinies. :p

Lukef555

† Budding RNGer†
Can anyone teach me how to chain i seem to fail at it?

Update: 1 and a half box's of tentacool no shiny yet.

hitoshura0

What are you most excited for or hope to be in the 5th gen. games?

I'm hoping for more of what the last gen delivered, a bunch of NPCs with plausible motivations and some character development. You are you as the silent protaganist, so your character is as developed as you are. I'd also like something nice to shine on me during the journey, but that would be icing on the cake.

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
Yeah, that is 3 shiny Ray's in a week. I still say mine is better though. 1 1/2 years and I finally got it. Pity it would take a club reset to add a shinydex and a greatest memories section. Maybe make a separate thread for them?

Nothing much else going on. Starting to record Brawl vids. I like all the fail and win vids on YT, so i'm going through my replays looking for some. I think I only have 2 atm...

Anyway, good luck and congrats to all shiny hunts!

;448;;448;;448;

Cutty

Forever now
Congrats on the new shinies guys! Especially the random encounter seviper and Bronzor. Looks like it's so hard if I mean to find one (not by accident).

Reading some pages about shiny egg hatching makes realize I have to hatch a lot before turn off my ds. I know the chance is still random if I don't turn it off.

well I've hatched 400 eggs for Horsea and done 2100 sr for Suicune.
I'm still trying to get shiny Mudkip too, but this time I moved to my US Sapphire. Still low sr though.

and good luck to every one else. Hunt like crazy guys.^^

pieman556

1525 Eggs!!
Congrats on the new shinies guys! Especially the random encounter seviper and Bronzor. Looks like it's so hard if I mean to find one (not by accident).

Reading some pages about shiny egg hatching makes realize I have to hatch a lot before turn off my ds. I know the chance is still random if I don't turn it off.

well I've hatched 400 eggs for Horsea and done 2100 sr for Suicune.
I'm still trying to get shiny Mudkip too, but this time I moved to my US Sapphire. Still low sr though.

and good luck to every one else. Hunt like crazy guys.^^

Hey Cutty Flam! Hey, we're still racing u know, but its anyone's game. At the moment I'm at around 1,500 Eevee Eggs. It's becoming harder to find time to hatch eggs tho. I have a busy week this week, so hooray for weekends!

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Before I go to school everyone, I would like to inform every that after 16,334 SRs, a shiny Darkrai finally graced my game. It appeared at 11:16 PM while I was reading Naruto ch. 483. I didn't make a video because the camera was in my mother's room at the time. I will take pictures later today or tomorrow when I get back home.

Using my shiny Breloom to weaken it, I caught it in a Dusk Ball. I threw nine of them. My shiny Darkrai has a Sassy nature. I didn't have a Synchronizer up front this time.

I'd also like to thank everyone that supported me through this long hunt....I can't name all of the names because there are simply too many, but please accept my gratitude.

I know this post seems a bit disconnected and not very genuine, but I only have a few minutes before I leave for school, so I wanted to make a quick post. Once again, thanks for the support, thanks for putting up with me when I was complaining, and good luck to everyone else.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Congrats on Darkrai, ShinyFufu! That's awesome!

I tried some Grimer chaining yesterday, to no effect. However, I did catch a female Grimer, and I'm currently leveling up my Japanese Duskull. Gonna breed Grimer to know Shadow Sneak and Curse.

Oh, and I got my shiny Victreebel to level 100. I'll have pics coming probably later today, after school. This was largely accomplished by the large quantity of Rare Candies I still have in my Pearl version. After EV training, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.