• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shiny Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
I gold krickitune hereby aknowledge that i have read the club and forum rules and agree to abide by them.
I have a shiny dustox, medicham and krickitune.
I am currently chaining for starly,staravia, shinx or luxio.

Your already a member gold kricketune, so you don't need to apply again. :)

Good luck with your chaining targets.

Ampharos_Spark

Gen 6 = <3
Congrats on the Darkrai, Rayquaza, Magnemite, Relicanth, Treecko, Kricketune, Marowak, Gible, Dialga, Palkia, Phanpy, Shaymin, Suicune and the Rumble shinies. I think that covers everyone since my last post.

I've finally decided on my next targets until HeartGold and SoulSilver come out:

Platinum: Dialga
Diamond: Male Burmy
Ruby: Anorith
Sapphire: Treecko
FireRed: Aerodactyl
LeafGreen: Eevee

Good luck to all!

*Storm*

Piplup Breeder
I *Storm* hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them. I would like to be a member because of my love for shiny pokemon.

Cutty

Forever now
i'm up to 12000 SR on torchic without seeing a shiny, not even an uncatchable

If you have never seen the message, then don't worry about it. It can take a long time for a shiny to appear. You might have seen plenty of us getting early shinies, but we've got members who have exceeded 100,000 SR's in trying to get a shiny.

That's comforting in a way. I'll just keep s'ring n stop whining then.
So far I've only reached 2100 sr for shiny Mudkip hunt on my new file on my new Sapphire game.

Other hunts: 688 eggs hatched for Horsea, and I just started a new hunt on my HG.
Well, I got the level 1 Giratina first, I only sr'ed for modest nature since it takes like a millenium for 1 sr if I want to get the shiny form. Actually, I can sr something else while sring for it.
Now, I'm trying to hunt shiny Tangela on route 20 (?) in Kanto region. I've never really hunted for random shiny encounter. All my shiny random encounter are purely luck. So I wanna give it a shot.
So far I've managed to encounter 200 Tangela with around 5 Mr Mime.
I think I like the place, with the most population Tangela. Anybody wants to race?

Good luck everyone and welcome to new members.

LordSemaj

<- Newest Shiny
on my onix hunt its going well, but ive got my fingers crossed for an early shiny, im at 4600 encounters and if it doesnt come by sunday, i hope that it would come by one week from today. i could even win the race against darklatios.
id would race you cutty flam but im tied up in this hunt and it for some reason does not feel promising. (i thought route 21 had only tangela? or is it in hgss?)

The M

hello thanx that i may joined
i have caught the following shiny's:mr.mime,2staravia's,2zigzagoon's,4rals'(chaining)
i have a question for cahting shiny legand.pokemon do you need to turn of youre DS or press start select R L or doesnt even matter

(sorry for my bad english i am dutch)

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
hello thanx that i may joined
i have caught the following shiny's:mr.mime,2staravia's,2zigzagoon's,4rals'(chaining)
i have a question for cahting shiny legand.pokemon do you need to turn of youre DS or press start select R L or doesnt even matter

(sorry for my bad english i am dutch)

Congrats on the chained shinies.

For catching shiny legends or any shiny which involves SRing, its always better to press Start - Select - R - L. Its never a good choice to turn the DS on and off, as it can affect the life of the battery.

The M

SRing?
thanx but if you encoutend a shiny legand.but you cant cath and you turn off youre DS than he isnt anymore shiny

hitoshura0

SRing?
thanx but if you encoutend a shiny legand.but you cant cath and you turn off youre DS than he isnt anymore shiny

If you failed to capture a shiny Legendary, i.e. you made it faint, then you are going to go through the effort of trying to soft reset for it again. If you do catch it, save, and shut off the DS, then it will still be shiny.

*Murkrow

Bird trainer
I'm loving the recent influx of live encounter videos. No way could I do it myself, but it's nice that other people can put up with it. :) Some classic reactions as well.

Just hit 1260 eggs. Going to release my three boxes in a bit, then hatch some more later. Probably get at least another box done, likely more. Torchic-wise, I've done a few more resets, but I'm really focusing on Piplup right now.

(And it's just struck me that I haven't actually updated either of my shiny banners. Will do that now.)

Congrats on all the new shinies, welcome to new members and good luck on the hunts. :)

DarkLatios

SHINE GET
on my onix hunt its going well, but ive got my fingers crossed for an early shiny, im at 4600 encounters and if it doesnt come by sunday, i hope that it would come by one week from today. i could even win the race against darklatios.
id would race you cutty flam but im tied up in this hunt and it for some reason does not feel promising. (i thought route 21 had only tangela? or is it in hgss?)

About our Onix hunt, I'm sorry about this, but chances are you WILL beat me, as I'm not currently hunting in Swvault Canyon right now. I'm actually working on getting a shiny in FireReds Safari Zone (Yes, I know, RemysVehicle and shinyhunter influenced me. I may utterly suck, but I'll admit my quality is slightly better than theirs...).

Once again, the encounters shall be filmed, so expect to see an "exciting" shiny encounter on film when it comes! This time however, my commentary hopefully won't be present, so you won't be hearing my utterly horiffic voice anytime soon... Also, about my Safari Zone hunt, I doubt ANYBODY will answer this, but...

What do you think I will get in the Safari Zone, and will I catch it?

I hope that I either get Nidorans (they evolve into ground types, and so count towards my contest), Rhyhorn (same reason, and because Remy herself got one) or Exeggcute (a personal dream shiny of mine). So now I ask, what do you think I'll get?

Congratulations on all of the recent shinies that have been obtained, and welcome to all of the new members here!

EDIT: I almost forgot, February 20th = SHINY DAY!!
Here is a list of the shinies found on that day:

MrEMagicman hatched a shiny Charmander

Flopyboy found a shiny Abra

kirkeastment found a shiny Kricketune in the Bug Catching Contest

MrShinySoft found a shiny Mudkip after over 12,000 SRs

souske222 found a shiny Budew in a non-shiny patch

DarkLatios found a shiny Marowak on film, in a horrible moment

RemysVehicle found a shiny Rhyhorn on film in the Safari Zone, and caught it

blackrayquaza228 found a shiny Hoppip after almost 17,000 encounters, less than an hour after Remys Rhyhorn (I know as I have the MSNs of both). And later on in the same night, found an accidental shiny Groudon after 5 SRs!

... Wow... February 20th... I'm a gonna remember this date...

Last edited:

Shephard922

Were it so easy.
What do you think I will get in the Safari Zone, and will I catch it?

EDIT: I almost forgot, February 20th = SHINY DAY!!

No hard feelings, but if you do find a shiny in there, I'm voting against you. I would think any good shiny hunter wouldn't put up the risk of losing one, even with all the "thrill" and whatnot of being in the Safari Zone. I think it's going to turn out bad and then you will never forgive yourself for it. That's just my opinion though, and we don't know if you'll catch it or not until you actually find one. I'll be looking forward to the live encounter though :)

I hadn't noticed, but that's pretty cool that all those shinies were found that day... Haha, I found a shiny 2 days before the 20th, and 2 days after it.

I might take a break from Mudkip to avoid another shiny poochyena, I might reset for Ho-oh or stay in Hoenn and hunt without resetting. I'll try to record all my encounters, I think the whole live thing is the next thing in shiny hunting. I got to do it with Poochyena, so that was still pretty cool. Good luck everybody!

-Totodile-

GOTCHA!
No hard feelings, but if you do find a shiny in there, I'm voting against you.

I don't see anything wrong with hunting a shiny in the Safari Zone. DarkLatios knows the risks associated with his hunt and is still willing to do so.

I actually caught my first shiny in the Safari Zone, a shiny Exeggcute. It was a random encounter and I was completely shocked when I found it. I can post pictures later if you want some inspiration.

I've had a life lately so the last thing I've wanted to do is SR for shinies, but I found my Shaymin event so I've been trying to get a shiny one. I've only SR'ed for about an hour so far so hopefully it'll show up quickly.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Good luck with the SZ hunt DL, i say that as you'll need it if a shiny shows up as i know all to well the bitter taste of a shiny that runs away.

Why did you forsake me exeggcute in FireRed? *shakes fist*

I'll have to add that to my list of "must avenge shinies."

In fact i think i'll headbutt for it in HeartGold as i'm REing on route 36 in SoulSilver for any shiny.

Poke-Glitch

I...I Did It!
Really REALLY happy right now! I decided to give Charmander a break and wondered if I had any other 'dream' shinies apart from Rayquaza (which is going to be my main hunt in S/S!). I actually realised I did! I've always wanted a Shiny Magnezone! It has 3 colour differences which are always my fav shiny formes! (The body is a sort of really light silver/platinum colour instead of a metalic blue. The red parts are blue and it has a much brighter yellow signal thing at the top of it's head! Actually the metal plate and nails on top of it's head is sort of hinted a slight different metal colour, like the style of Shiny Magnemite and Magneton. So I guess that's 4 differences! Even better!) So I decided to chain Magnemite at Fudgeo Ironworks and see if I could repeat my chaining skills! It didn't go well...and took 3 days to chain to 40! I spent about an hour yesterday resseting the radar and no shiny patch...so I left it on hibernate. Today I resseted the radar just 3 times and a shiny patch appeared! I got the capture on film and will upload soon! My sync failed and instead of Modest it's Bashful...but I don't really mind since it's a neutral nature, I like them! People say that they're bad because they don't enhance the pokemon in any way...but they don't decrease it either! And with some good old EV training it will have a good SP.ATK anyway!

So here's some pics -
http://i45.*******.com/k03w1u.jpg

http://i47.*******.com/2e4wztx.jpg

I'm so glad it shone! I've spent 4 days hunting it! My record for Pokeradar is 5 (which is Ralts), so I'm happy it wasn't that long! This isn't a shiny that'll end up in my boxes, no! This little Shiny Magnemite has lived in the wild and fended for itself up to Lv.29...and now I'll EV train it all the way to it's LV.100 victory! It's gonna be sent to S/S! (Which is gonna be my special game where only my special shinies go) I'll upload the vid tommarow now maybe...Congrats on all the shinies! Good luck with the Safari DarkLatios! It's only when you chain yourself do you see how hard it really can be to chain! And why it's such a shame for people to look down on Pokeradar shinies! (And Rumble) (Speaking of which congrats on that Mankey Matty! Always wondered what a shiny one on Rumble looked like!) Good Luck everyone! I'll return to Charmander now! See ya!

Hello, I'm bored... really bored so i thought i'd write something. I've not had anymore shinies since my Beldum in Jan. I've hatched 450 Squirtle eggs... i think i am racing someone for it but i can't remember who or if they have abandoned =P I've also done alot of resets for Kyogre in Sapphire i think 600. I lost my counting sheet though.

It's good that i have so many Squirtles as i want a perfect iv one. Some are looking quite good in some stats =]

I've been hunting for a Munchlax as i would like to get one the natural way rather than trade or egg so i'm hoping a shiny will turn up... any tree shiny, it doesn't have to be Munchlax i just want a normal one.

Lets hope if i find a shiny combee it's not a male... can you imagine... -_-

I've been reading the pages of this thread for a few weeks actually just to keep up to date. I'd like to congratulate all the new shinies =] especially the Rayquazas and Shiny Fufu's Darkrai... that was too many SRs.

Helio's Chimchar, not a fan of the moneky myself but it must be nice to have it after all those eggs before. After your current hunts i think you should go for that Carvanha, avenge it!

Oh and the Bellsprout! That's aweosme that you got your longed for shiny... cannot remember who it was that got it but congrats.

And can i thank DarkLatios for the chuckle i got from his video of that Marowak... you know you have the exact same voice and accent as a guy i saw at a bus stop the other week. But it's a very nice Marowak! =]

Good luck on the Safari Zone hunt you are a brave soul! If you got a Kangaskhan to appear i hope you to god you catch it as i think it's the hardest to catch Safari pokemon ever. I hope you find the exeggcute and on a tuesday is when it will appear =]

Congrats poke-glitch on the magnemite. It's so cute the way you put it that it's fended for itself upto lv 29 ^.^

I've been levelling up my shiny Slowbro at starkmountain/225 and i've been chaining. Hopefully my luck will come and shiny Rhydon, Camerupt or Skarmory will end up being successful chains.

Anyway sorry if this was pointless... at least it's not a one liner haha!

angel4u185

M'aimes-tu? :3
Well...sorry for just kinda disappearing as soon as I joined.. xD; School and stuff. Blah.

Anywayss...I, sadly, don't have anything to report on...While I've been gone, I've been hunting for a shiny Ralts via Masuda Method on my Pearl, and now that I've added in my Platinum for help, I've hatched about 13 boxes full...only thing I've gotten so far is a bunch of good syncers, but I'm persevering! I really hope whenever it decides to grace me with it's presence, its a male for a Gallade. Also, off and on I've been chaining a bit, to try and regain my shinies that I lost to my Platinum being accidentally restarted. When I'm not doing that, I'm sring for a shiny Uxie, and impatient...only have 756 so far, my shiny Shaymin spoiled me.

Congrats to all the (many) new shinys! I've been gone for a while, so I dunno what all I missed...but congrats on the shiny Marowak, Magnemite [I have a few of those, too!], shiny Mudkip, and the tons that I missed! c: I'll try to be more active this time..xD;

Last edited:

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
After 11.9k encounters:

IMG_0447.jpg

Shiny Zigzagoon has appeared on Route 103 in Sapphire :D. It took 34 days of hunting for it to appear so I'm really excited. I was hoping to get a shiny Poochyena the most, but I'm happy that I finally avenged one of the uncatchable shinies I encountered while SRing for the starters.

It didn't take very long to capture it, one Premier Ball and it was mine :D. Shiny Zigzagoon has a Bold nature and it took less than 200 encounters today for it to appear ^_^. More pics:

GBASP pic
Sparkles
Shiny Zigzagoon, Bold nature
Shiny Zigzagoon video

I've decided to stick to Route 103 in both copies of Sapphire and hope that a shiny Poochyena will be the next shiny I avenge. Congrats to the new shinies since my last post :D.

Last edited:

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
That brilliant news S_D, congrats on the shiny Zigzagoon, best of luck with the poochyena, hope it shines soon.

I myself come bearing news in regards to a new shiny.

After just 3 days of hunting, a shiny has just appeared on route 36, and it was.....

Shiny Nidoran(♀) - Heres the video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oai9wfE8Ocg

I don't know the exact number of RE's it took, but i can say with some certainty that i hadn't reached the 1000 encounter mark yet.

I was quite shocked when it appeared as i was just Random Encountering to pass the time before i could enter the BCC, when this beauty appeared.

I immediately put it to sleep and then FSwiped it, and one premier ball later, the cutest Shiny Nidoran(♀) you ever did see was caught. This is a big win for me as i love the shiny forms of the Nidoran line, so to own one is just awesome.

I must have a thing for late night shinies, as thats now two RE's in the space of a week which have appeared/been caught just past the witching hour.

I'm off for now as i really want to get one run through done in the BCC before i hit the sack.

In the mean time heres the first frame from the video, as a taster of whats to come :D

shinynidoran.jpg

I guess that means i've beaten Helio in our little race. However i plan to stay on route 36 on non-BCC days as i'm determined to get another shiny from this route. Fingers crossed for Shiny Nidoran(♂).

This means i have 5 shinies(2*SR/3*RE) on my SoulSilver, all of which are wicked shinies.

Last edited:

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Congrats on the shiny Nidoran female, Kirkeastment. It looks so great. And it appeared so quickly... and you beat me! lol :p

What nature does she have?

I'm doing some route 36 hunting now before I head off to the bug contest. Currently at 1610 encounters.

I finally got around to doing an IV battle for my shiny Piplup that I hatched back on the 19th January. He has rather lovely IV's:
Piplup, Relaxed nature, somewhat stubborn
HP: 27
Att: 24
Def: 26
SpA: 12
SpD: 29
Speed: 4

As for my other shiny targets:
Cressellia: 2755 SR
Mt. pyre: 1960 encounters
Riolu: 163 hatched

Oh, and I mentioned before that I'd restarted Rumble. Well yesterday I found a cute little shiny Luxio in the advanced A-rank "fire level" (I can't remember its name... ^^; ). I didn't bother taking a picture, but I thought I might as well mention it for anyone that's still interested in Rumble.

Good luck everbody, and congrats on new shinies; especially the shiny Zigzagoon, SD.

Status
Not open for further replies.