• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shiny Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
I have started to SRest for a shiny Trecko on Emerald.Well,the drought for shainys in my main games has reached 6 months and 14 days.And,That was my first shiny.Also,I decide to SRest for a shiny Totodile in SS on March 14th(the day HGSS is released in North America).Congrats on all the newest shiny`s.

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
Congratulations on kirk's shiny Nidoran! She's so pretty, make sure to post pics if you can of her as she grows up! :D Same to Storm_Dragoon and her shiny Zigzagoon!
Nice to see some more chained shinies, too, Poke-Glitch. Well done. c:

Well, I'm happy. I don't think I have to say for anyone to guess correctly as to what happened. I'm totally motivated for any shiny hunt right now, and I know what I want to hunt for, too. Wooper's first on my list. The encounter rate for Surfing in Ruins of Alph isn't too bad, but I'm gonna catch an Illuminate Pokemon to speed things up. He's gonna be my hunt on SoulSilver, of course, I've only done 25 encounters so far (to test the encounter rate), but I'm gonna work on it after I finish work today.

I'm also thinking of SRing for a shiny Charmander. RemysVehicle on YouTube just got one today, and I know Poke-Glitch is trying for one, so I might join in too. I'm enjoying SRing for starters. ^__^

Good luck, everyone! And I'm looking forward to the next Feburuary 20th if that many shinies showed up. o: (lol my Nuzleaf showed just one day before that!)

pieman556

1525 Eggs!!
Nice job on everyone's shiny catches!!

At the moment, I've hatched somewhere around 1,700 Eevee eggs using the Masuda Method!! Gosh I hope that this shiny will come pretty soon, cause Ive been working hard for this one.

Also, In FireRed, I'm still RE Digletts in Diglett's Cave, and I'm at 400 RE, which isnt too bad because I'm pretty focused on Eevee hatching, but when I have time, I encounter some Digletts.

I also have a question about encountering. Ive noticed that some people are just running or biking in the area with an Illuminate pokemon in front. I have been encountering a different way, I stand in one spot and I have my oddish use sweet scent. Which way is better ?

Good luck to everyone!

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Nice job on everyone's shiny catches!!

At the moment, I've hatched somewhere around 1,700 Eevee eggs using the Masuda Method!! Gosh I hope that this shiny will come pretty soon, cause Ive been working hard for this one.

Also, In FireRed, I'm still RE Digletts in Diglett's Cave, and I'm at 400 RE, which isnt too bad because I'm pretty focused on Eevee hatching, but when I have time, I encounter some Digletts.

I also have a question about encountering. Ive noticed that some people are just running or biking in the area with an Illuminate pokemon in front. I have been encountering a different way, I stand in one spot and I have my oddish use sweet scent. Which way is better ?

Good luck to everyone!

It takes around 4 seconds minimum for sweet scent to work. I can easily get into a battle by biking/running in half that time(and thats without an illuminator), so its better to just bike/run. Sweet scent is best used in places where you cannot do these things such as underwater or in the tall grass in R/S/E, or when surfing in anything pre-platinum due to speed restraints when surfing.

@Helio, my Nidoran is Serious natured.

Last edited:

pieman556

1525 Eggs!!
It takes around 4 seconds minimum for sweet scent to work. I can easily get into a battle by biking/running in half that time(and thats without an illuminator), so its better to just bike/run. Sweet scent is best used in places where you cannot do these things such as underwater or in the tall grass in R/S/E, or when surfing in anything pre-platinum due to speed restraints when surfing.

@Helio, my Nidoran is Serious natured.

Ok thanks. I guess that I'll start biking and maybe bring some pokemon with pickup! Congrats in your shiny Nidoran! They have a cool shiny evolution line.

Kyuusou

Hi guys. I know its been a really long time since I updated on my shiny hunt (I must have lost the competition already :p) but I've moved to a new apartment and now with all the boxes everywhere I can't find my pokemon games XP Hopefully I'll find them soon so I can hunt more shinies!

Dark_Steelix

<~ Yo quiero!!
Wow mad luck going around, congrats once again Kirk on Nidoran(F) and SD on zig...
and that other thing you just got, O__O. ARgh where's my extra luck.

I'm going to double hunt Onix now on both FR and LG. Hmm though I think I have to level up an Illuminater on FR first. Good luck everyone on their hunts!

Ammako

No real news from me.

I have been SRing for Charmander on FireRed. I haven't started hatching on SS, though.
Probably because I've got many other fun games to play, lol.

On another note, I've made a new shiny pic.

Here it is: http://i47.*******.com/2d81dv8.png

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
^______________^:

IMG01_0001.jpg

Shiny Sudowoodo appeared tonight in HeartGold after 1255 SR's :D. I was SRing for shiny Sudowoodo while I was random encountering for shiny Poochyena in Sapphire, when I glanced down at the Sudowoodo going across the screen, and it was shiny :D.

I closed my DS in time so I could get the shiny sparkle on film, then proceeded to jump around screaming XP. The battle was easy, Raticate used Super Fang on it once, one Great ball and shiny Sudowoodo was mine :D.

Shiny Sudowoodo has a Careful nature, and it appeared a day after my shiny Zigzagoon. I'm still stoked that it appeared tonight, I'm so excited.

Pics:

Shinydex entry
Shiny Sudowoodo, Careful
DS shot/Showing ID
Sparkle, Sparkle
Shiny Sudowoodo video

Congrats on your shiny Nidoran F kirk, awesome shiny. Thank you for the congrats everyone :).

EDIT: Congrats on the Wooper LSA.

Last edited:

Dragonking

Well 180 Staryu egg hatched so far. I've just started Abra SRing at the GC buying 5 at a time in LG2. I'm also hunting on Route 111 hoping for a shiny Baltoy but any shiny from that area would be awesome.

Congrats on the tons of shinies your all getting. Hopefully soon I can join you with my first shiny of the year.

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
75 encounters!? .o.

LOL! Recall my last post. xDD
My games are scaring me. I've seen around 5 1/8192 shinies in the space of a month.

Not that I'm complaining, of course, but holy damn. It's scary.

http://i49.*******.com/21jrj3m.png

75 encounters... By far the shortest hunt I've ever had to do, and I found him on SoulSilver, which makes things even more awesome! :D I couldn't be happier right now; in the past two days I've obtained two shinies that I've desperately wanted for so long!

Caught in a Love Ball!
Nickname Screen
Nature Screen
Stats Screen Rash nature, AWESOME. :3
He doesn't like having 1HP...

Unfortunately, I forgot about taking a video, but my camera can only record for a minute anyway, so it wouldn't have been very interesting. I wish my camera played sound, too... I'll make a video of him walking around with me and being in battle once I've uploaded the rest of the piccys. c:

While I was fishing for a Chinchou to Illuminate for this hunt, I found that Shellder and Chinchou are highly common by Super Rod when you fish in Route 47. Definitely a must on my to-do list, I just need to get a Suction Cups Pokemon to fish with. ^_^ Once shiny Wooper is named (I'm naming him Clyde) and EV trained, I'll get started on it!

Congratulations on Storm_Dragoon's shiny Sudowoodo! I saw the vid, I clap like that when I find shinies too! ^__^

Edit: Video is up. Sorry for the lack of sound. :c

Last edited:

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Been very busy lately with tons of school work and trying to keep my grades up, but I've had time to shiny hunt here and there. Mostly hatching Riolu eggs...probably around 700 eggs by now, which is by no means a large amount, but still, I hope I hatch a shiny one soon.

Congrats on all the amazing shinies recently obtained...February seems like the month of short hunts and lucky streaks. o_O

Last edited:

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Congrats S_D and LSA on the two new shinies. I'm really loving the shiny Sudowoodo, but not as much as that Wooper. I can still vaguely remember the cry it made in the anime, "oopa". :p

Good luck with your hunts everyone, i'm off to continue my route 36 hunt. :)

Also, don't know if we have any UK members, but the dates for the UK Arceus event(in-store) are up on the main site now.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Also, don't know if we have any UK members, but the dates for the UK Arceus event(in-store) are up on the main site now.

I'm a UK member. n.n

I'll be going to the Harrow one on the 21st March. Anybody else going? I'm glad they're holding it at the same GAME as the Shaymin event (hopefully they'll also have the Pikachu-coloured Pichu/Jirachi events there in the future, too).

Congrats on all those new shinies. Shiny Sudowoodo and Wooper look great. ^_^

Hey, since it's friday, is anybody considering SR'ing for a shiny Lapras in HG/SS? I was thinking about SR'ing for it... but does anybody know if the Lapras will dssapear as soon as friday is over or is it like the Drifloon in D/P/P, where it will stay there as long as you don't leave the area?

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
I'm a UK member. n.n

I'll be going to the Harrow one on the 21st March. Anybody else going? I'm glad they're holding it at the same GAME as the Shaymin event (hopefully they'll also have the Pikachu-coloured Pichu/Jirachi events there in the future, too).

Congrats on all those new shinies. Shiny Sudowoodo and Wooper look great. ^_^

Hey, since it's friday, is anybody considering SR'ing for a shiny Lapras in HG/SS? I was thinking about SR'ing for it... but does anybody know if the Lapras will dssapear as soon as friday is over or is it like the Drifloon in D/P/P, where it will stay there as long as you don't leave the area?

OMG, how could i forget that your from the UK Helio, i mean its practically right there in your profile whenever you post. Doh! :)

I wouldn't mind SRing for a shiny Lapras. I'd have to trade a surfer from my SoulSilver game over to HeartGold, but thats no issue as i'm not doing any hunting that involves the need for a surfer in SS at the moment anyway.

If however Lapras doesn't stay then it won't be a complete loss, as i can just RE for a shiny whilst surfing, after all Tentacool and Quagsire have pretty decent shiny forms. Plus Shiny Quagsire would make a pretty awesome twin to my Shiny Nidoran(♀).

EDIT: I'm in front of Lapras right now and have just started to SR for a shiny one, whilst i RE on Route 36 in SoulSilver. Good luck everyone.

Anyone wanna race for Shiny Lapras, ya know, if it does stay after Friday?

Last edited:

The M

If you failed to capture a shiny Legendary, i.e. you made it faint, then you are going to go through the effort of trying to soft reset for it again. If you do catch it, save, and shut off the DS, then it will still be shiny.

ok thanx

how do you count the times that you SReset?

Poke-Glitch

I...I Did It!
Hey guys! I'm gonna SR for Charmander now but before that I have some Rumble news! Last night I decided to play a bit of Rumble because I didn't feel like SRing...well only 2 levels in a Shiny Venonat appears! First I saw it sparkling and then I saw it's eyes! I'm still gonna hunt there for Torterra...but this is a nice shiny to make my 11th!

http://i49.*******.com/eqqd1j.jpg

http://i48.*******.com/35i526w.jpg

http://i45.*******.com/6gesrb.jpg

http://i48.*******.com/lb4ma.jpg

http://i45.*******.com/k30j6s.jpg

http://i49.*******.com/21m6hja.jpg

http://i49.*******.com/2qu15ph.jpg

So yeah...that's my shiny news, just like to say BIG congrats to Kirk on the Nidoran! S_D on the Ziggy and Sudowoodo! and Lonestar on the Wooper! (And any others I missed) I also recall a Shiny Suicune...so Mega congrats to whoever that was! By the way, I seems Matty dosn't really post in the club anymore...so I thought I'd do it for him! His most recent Rumble shiny is a Kadabra! I'm gonna upload my vids now...Good Luck people! Kirk, I'm getting a weird feeling that Lapras is gonna shine for you pretty quickly!

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Well,I have stopped SResting for a shiny Trecko on Emerald and restarted the hunt on Sapphire.The total of SRests right now is 14.Well,The latest shiny is still that shiny cleffable on rumble.I know the shiny streak would end for me next month with the shiny Gyarados in HGSS.Congrats on all the recent shiny`s and wish me luck for my hunt for the shiny Trecko.

ShinyCollector7

Finally...
SHINY HERACROSS appeared on LeafGreen today! I've been hunting it on and off for months and finally got it.

Modest nature ;-; Oh well. Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3TEadQlizI

It's a LIVE ENCOUNTER =D After accidentally deleting my shiny Rattata live encounter video I was determined to film another and finally did after nearly three weeks of filming.

Good luck everyone and congrats on new shinies ^^.

Blair3232

Youtube: Blair13579
Your so lucky man! Shiny Heracross is my dream shiny right now! I've been hatching eggs, doing a bit of encountering, but nothing so far. So congrats on that!
Also I won't for get to mention Storm Dragoon and LoneStarAkira for their shiny Sudowoodo and Wooper, respectively.
I'm continuing my Granite Cave hunt in hope for a shiny Makuhita, but anything will do, although I'm a bid scared about finding an Abra because of Teleport......

Status
Not open for further replies.