• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shiny Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froggy_00

Welcome JaimeGreenan! I hope you'll get comfortable in here^^
By the way, for looking at how long it takes, don't look at me, I'm bored pretty soon so I switch targets often ;)

I don't know Froggy, let me find that out for you....

*searches*

From Bulbagarden:
"Shiny sprites for Spiky-Eared Pichu exist in the coding of the games, although it remains unknown if this special Pichu has the 1 in 8192 chance of being shiny like all other Pokémon encountered in the wild. It is highly likely that the data was only included, as in the case of ???-type Arceus, to prevent the game from crashing if someone was to hack the game, or by default due to every other form difference having both normal and shiny forms despite availability of these Pokémon as shiny. "
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Spiky-Eared_Pichu

^Everything I could find. Is this enough?

Oh, and it's nearly impossible to chain shiny beldum. I can't really see the patches with that sandstorm. Now I'm encountering gastly. At 40^^

Hmm, interesting. Thanks a lot for the info, I should checked Bulbapedia first :p Well, I guess I won't be SRing for it then. No use wasting my time if there's a chance it will never be shiny :/

Good luck with Gastly :)

Narutopokedude

← currently hunting
Today is my birthday, and with some birthday money I swung by gamestop and picked up HeartGold. Now I have both version in English! :D

I'm going to soft reset for another starter in it, and I plan on hitting every single SR'able pokemon in the game. For example sudowoodo and electrode. It'll be my HeartGold Conquest, I think it's a pretty cool idea.

At the moment I'm currently soft resetting for charmander in my Firered version. This is a search I started over a year ago. I had roughly 30,000 resets done on it until recently when I decided that it wasn't a very lucky file, so I reset it. I'm probably at around 1,000 or so resets. Hopefully I'll get a nice birthday shiny today, although I won't have very much time to SR because of a research paper that needs to be written.

Good luck everyone!

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
I JaimeGreenan hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them!
I wish to join because I want to see how other people get their shinies and how long it takes.

I don't know if anyone has welcomed you yet, but welcome to the club! Do you have any shinies?

Haven't been shiny hunting much lately. Really busy with basketball and school...can't wait for Spring Break, though.

MattyXB

Tomorrow the both new games release here in Europe. HeartGold & SoulSilver.

Normaly I wouldn't buy them, but I found them for only 25,- Euro in one shop (normaly the price is near 40,- Euro).
I ask another shop and it will sell them for the same price (the shop has a lowest price rule, when you found it somewhere cheaper, then you get it for the same cheap price there).

So I have reserve both games with the Lugia and Ho-oh figures and will try to SR for every possible Starter and Legys. I try to play one game complete and SR in the other game for every Starter as Shiny first. Then I will maybe get finally a Shiny Kyogre.

A question, does the Masuda method still work in this game? Then I need a Ditto which is not from Germany. I hope Online Trading work for me. Then I will try to breed some Shiny too.

Only bad thing, that no Pokeradar exist anymore. I don't own the old DS games, but I read about the Pokeradar and it sounds so great.

Rumble news: 2 new Shinys, pictures will come later. Shiny Seel and Shiny Grimer.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
MattyXB, the Masuda Method still works in HG/SS. Personally, I'm glad that the PokeRadar is gone from the games. True, the PokeRadar is addictive at first, but it soon becomes nothing more than a novelty item...and it only devalues shinies, in my opinion. It sure is good for some EV-training, though.

SRing for a shiny Johto starter while I random encounter for Paras :)o) on FR. After over 20,200 encounters for Paras, I've decided to stop keeping an accurate tab on the amount of Paras I've seen. I just want to end this hunt, haha. Oh, and I have 1470 SRs for the Johto starters. The SRs go much more slowly when you only have one game to SR on!

Does anyone know if the PokeWalker counts steps when it is in Sleep Mode?

Kyle Clarthy

Hey, everyone. Sorry about how long it is in-between messages. I should try to post more often.

First of all, congratulations to everyone who has managed to get a new shiny since I last posted. Good work!

LSA, that picture is really good! I love how you've managed to capture the Pokemon spirit, but you still give it your own unique twist. I'd love to see more. How about a shiny Politoed? ;)

I was wondering if someone could clear this up for me: With the announcement of the 3DS, does this mean that 5th Gen will be on it, or is 5th Gen definitely on the current system? Sorry if this has already been answered. See, I was sure 5th Gen was confirmed as being on the DS, which I thought meant this current system, however now people are saying I'm wrong and telling me that 5th Gen will be on the 3DS ... so I'm a little confused. I found info saying that the developers are one of the first to be fiddling with the 3DS's development programs or whatever they're called, so I don't know. Is it all up in the air at the moment? Does anyone want the 5th Gen to be on one system more than the other?

No new shinies for me, but I'm going to start working on my Johto Pokedex ... I've decided rather than rush through the game to start working on my Pokedex while I'm collecting badges ... and I pray that something will either show up or hatch in the meanwhile.

Good luck to everyone!

Edit: Fufu, you're right. The Pokeradar is probably a good idea for those who still haven't managed to get a shiny, but it eventually becomes clear that shinies aren't as special anymore. The Pokeradar allows you to learn a bit of patience and makes you put some time and effort into getting a shiny, which I think eventually helps you when you're actually planning on going for a completely random shiny, whether it be SR, Masuda or RE.

When I say that the shinies from Pokeradar encounters aren't as special, I don't mean that the shiny hunting community frowns upon them, but I mean on a personal level. Eventually you realise that having 100s of shinies from the Pokeradar sort of "cheapens" them in a way, and the thrill of finding a shiny is somewhat diminished as a result. This is why I've decided to get rid of all my Pokeradar shinies, because it now makes the prospect of finding a shiny that I may have already got from the Pokeradar so much more rewarding.

I think that a lot of people need to understand that shinies are as special as the individual makes them. I've seen some people saying things like, "My shiny is more special because it took me longer to get it." At the end of the day, you don't really need to prove their worth to anyone but yourself. After all, you're shiny hunting because you like shinies and find it rewarding. You don't need to prove it to anyone. It's good to share your successes and to have people with a common interest understand how frustrating it can be, though. So, if you are planning on using the Pokeradar for shinies, then good for you! This is now just my personal choice and I think that, for me, if I see a shiny in HGSS, I will be extremely rapt and excited, rather than, "Oh, I already have you with the Pokeradar, but cool!"

Don't know if that makes sense or not.

Last edited:

ShinyCollector

He has appeared...
Oh, and it's nearly impossible to chain shiny beldum. I can't really see the patches with that sandstorm. Now I'm encountering gastly. At 40^^

@ Maartje: Here are some tips to help you with your shiny beldum hunt, I used these to help me get mine.

1. If you have a DS lite, set your brightness at the highest setting.
2. Put a pokemon at the front of your party that has magnet pull, this increases the encounter rate of steel pokemon by 30%.
3. The pokemon with magnet pull does not have to be alive, you can faint it and then put it at the front of your party and magnet pull will still work.
4. Set your time to around 7-11 AM, I find these times to make chaining easier than at night time. Especially during weather conditions like sandstorm.
5. Use the white shaking patches instead of the regular patches, they are much easier to see in the sandstorm.
6. If you are planning to get a beldum with a nice nature, use a synchronizer. You can knock out your sycnchronizer just like the magnet puller, just make sure to switch spots with the magnet puller before you step into the shiny patch.
7. Lastly, make sure you have a masterball! Beldum are wicked hard to catch and you can't be guaranteed that you will catch it.

I hope this helps! Shiny beldum is one of my faves. Congrats on getting your chain to 40 ghastly!

Good luck everyone on your hunts!

Last edited:

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
I am shaking and in complete and utter shock, I cannot believe this. I have spent the past 5 days SRing for a shiny Raikou or Entei. Tonight after 875 soft resets, while I was talking to a few people on msn(Scriptmagician and PolarBomb15 from youtube, Midnight Shadows from here ^_^):

IMG_0539.jpg

Shiny Entei has appeared in my Japanese copy of HeartGold :D. I was hoping to get a shiny Raikou the most, but this shiny Entei is totally worth it, I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world.

I haven't caught it yet, he's still roaming Johto. I think I'll be throwing a Master Ball at shiny Entei, as I don't know if it uses Roar that it disappears like Raikou and Entei do in FireRed and LeafGreen.

I think this is the first ever legit shiny Entei caught in HeartGold and SoulSilver, I am so excited that I have one of the rarest shines ever ^_^.

I haven't uploaded the video of it appearing yet, as my dad is currently using the uploading computer, so I'll edit my post when its done. The actual capture will be uploaded most likely tomorrow, as I need to trade over a couple things.

EDIT: This is part one of my video, this shows Entei appearing and proves that it is legit. I will upload the capture as soon as I'm ready.

shiny Entei appears!

#2:

Well I caught shiny Entei in the second Quick Ball I threw. On the first turn, I used my Raticate's Super Fang to get Entei's HP in the yellow, after which it fled. I tracked it down once more, and threw a Quick Ball, but didn't get a shake before it bust free and ran away once more. The next time I found him, I threw another Quick Ball, one shake, two shakes, three shakes, click! Shiny Entei was caught, I was originally going to throw a Master Ball, but I decided to try and catch it(thanks to Midnight and Scriptmagician).

Shiny Entei has a Lax nature, I don't care about the nature, I'm just happy that one of the rarest shinies is mine.

Pictures:

Shiny Entei, Lax
Stats
DS shot, showing trainer ID
Shiny Entei and Storm

I will upload the video of the capture tomorrow, congrats to all the new shinies, and thank you for the congrats as well. Shiny Entei is mine :D.

Last edited:

ShinyCollector

He has appeared...
.....WOW, Storm_Dragoon, MAJOR congratulations. That is completely amazing, just like you said you may be one of the first if not the first to encounter a shiny entei.

I don't know if I would ever have the patience to hunt for a shiny roamer, but i may give it a shot one day.

Once again, congratulations.

jbtenseventeen

Shiny Hunter
Congrats S_D on the shiny Entei! I am nearing 1700 SRs for Lugia. I am only doing 300 SRs a day since I have already obtained a shiny this month. Once April 1st arrives I will return to doing 500 SRs a day.

Just curious? What is a good amount of SRs to do a day without killing all your free time?

Normally I just do 500 SRs a day if my main target has quick SRs ( 30 sec. per SR ). I do 250 a day if my target takes a long time like FR/LG, Dialga, Palkia. Or if my target is a masuda shiny I normally will hatch 100 eggs a day.

Thats how I normally SR.

Ferfie

Shiny Ahab
I Ferfie hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them!
I would like to join, because i enjoy shiny pokemon hunts, and reading of others shiny hunts. Furthermore, i would probably enjoy taking part in shiny hunting contests and such, so yeah.

Froggy_00

I am shaking and in complete and utter shock, I cannot believe this. I have spent the past 5 days SRing for a shiny Raikou or Entei. Tonight after 875 soft resets, while I was talking to a few people on msn(Scriptmagician and PolarBomb15 from youtube, Midnight Shadows from here ^_^):

IMG_0539.jpg

Shiny Entei has appeared in my Japanese copy of HeartGold :D. I was hoping to get a shiny Raikou the most, but this shiny Entei is totally worth it, I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world.

I haven't caught it yet, he's still roaming Johto. I think I'll be throwing a Master Ball at shiny Entei, as I don't know if it uses Roar that it disappears like Raikou and Entei do in FireRed and LeafGreen.

I think this is the first ever legit shiny Entei caught in HeartGold and SoulSilver, I am so excited that I have one of the rarest shines ever ^_^.

I haven't uploaded the video of it appearing yet, as my dad is currently using the uploading computer, so I'll edit my post when its done. The actual capture will be uploaded most likely tomorrow, as I need to trade over a couple things.

EDIT: This is part one of my video, this shows Entei appearing and proves that it is legit. I will upload the capture as soon as I'm ready.

shiny Entei appears!

#2:

Well I caught shiny Entei in the second Quick Ball I threw. On the first turn, I used my Raticate's Super Fang to get Entei's HP in the yellow, after which it fled. I tracked it down once more, and threw a Quick Ball, but didn't get a shake before it bust free and ran away once more. The next time I found him, I threw another Quick Ball, one shake, two shakes, three shakes, click! Shiny Entei was caught, I was originally going to throw a Master Ball, but I decided to try and catch it(thanks to Midnight and Scriptmagician).

Shiny Entei has a Lax nature, I don't care about the nature, I'm just happy that one of the rarest shinies is mine.

Pictures:

Shiny Entei, Lax
Stats
DS shot, showing trainer ID
Shiny Entei and Storm

I will upload the video of the capture tomorrow, congrats to all the new shinies, and thank you for the congrats as well. Shiny Entei is mine :D.

Wow! Congrats on shiny Entei. That's pretty awesome. And you didn't even have to exceed 1k resets. :D

I'm currently at 1900 Ho-oh resets, still no golden phoenix :p

Cutty

Forever now
Congratulations on the shiny Entei S_D! EPIC!
Kerazi luck. Shiny Entei is better imo.

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
Does anyone know if the PokeWalker counts steps when it is in Sleep Mode?

It does, thankgoodness.

Congrats, Storm_Dragoon! I admire your perseverance. I would NEVER SR for a runner.

In my news, I got SS. I decided not to SR for shiny starters in the end, because I don't like the odds of having to play through the game with chikorita. I'll RNG a shiny Cyndaquil some day... and maybe do it when I get HG.

Next target, Lugia.

The King of Ho-oh's

<---- Newest Shiny
Hello everyone. I'm sure few (if anyone) remembers me, but I was member I've been a member of the club for a few years (sporaticly). Anyway I got back into hunting and decided to rejoin so:

I The King of Ho-oh's hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them

So here is what has been going on as far as shinys go since I last posted in the club:

1) On March 4th I obtained my first ever SR'ed shiny. A female, Sassy, Inner Focus, Abra from LG (pics will come eventually)

2) I got Heart Gold last Thursday

3) Did about 1000 resets for a shiny starter then gave up

4) Did around 2000 resets for a shiny Ho-oh... then got overwelmed with nostalgia and played through the game :D

Amazing Storm_Dragoon! I was thinking about SRing for one of them on my next play through. Do you have any tips? Or could you explain how exactly you did it?

Also can anyone tell me who won the Hoenn Shiny Tour?

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Holy cow S_D, thats freaking awesome luck right there. Epic Shiny Uber congrats. :p

Seriously though, shiny Entei just looks fricking awesome. I am so jealous right now.

Are you going to SR for Shiny Raikou too. As you can start the process over again, by killing Raikou and then defeating the E4. That will reset Raikou, so you can just go to the Burnt Tower again, and release it.

If you do choose to go after Raikou again, best of luck.

_______

Welcome back TKoH, and welcome to new member Ferfie. Its great to see that we're getting a steady influx of new members into the club of late.

_______

My UK copies of HG/SS should be getting delivered today, so i'm just waiting at the moment. As soon as i get them, i'll be DualSRing for shiny starters. I'm begging for Cyndaquil to shine. :)

_______

I'm going to say it again, i am so freaking jealous of you S_D. I love the pictures and the video.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Oh, wow, S_D. Major congrats on the shiny Entei! And it appeared so quickly too. ^__^

It's so great seeing someone catch such a rare shiny.

(this is making me want to hunt for a shiny Entei/Raikou as well. Like you, I'd prefer shiny Raikou, but shiny Entei is lovely, too)

Sigh... I wish my shiny Cresselia would shine as fast. I'm currently at 3230 SR for it.

I've also hatched just over 1354 Riolu eggs, and done 4515 encounters in route 36 (once I get a shiny here, I might go shiny Entei/Raikou hunting - if I KO them I can re-release them again, right? I'd already done 58 SR for them before I gave up and continued on with the game)

Though my current hunts may be put on hold, as this morning I'm going out to buy Soul Silver, so my shiny Cyndaquil hunt will soon begin. n_n

Good luck everybody. Congrats on new shinies.

Edit: I'm back from the shops, and look what I got:

ss1.jpg

Pokemon Soul Silver! (... and an Oscar kitty)

ss2.jpg

Oscar kitty seemed unimpressed by my purchase...

My shiny Cyndaquil hunt can now begin. ^-^

Last edited:

Cell

Infernal Informality
Uuurh... was so excited to try and get a shiny starter on SoulSilver... turns out some error is in the games and it'll be atleast a month (according to the store) for a good version...
I then asked for a Jap. copy, would be a 2 month wait... -.-

Ah, well.. hope Palkia will shine by then. :(

Oh and congratulations on the Entei. :eek:

Last edited:

Froggy_00

Oh, wow, S_D. Major congrats on the shiny Entei! And it appeared so quickly too. ^__^

It's so great seeing someone catch such a rare shiny.

(this is making me want to hunt for a shiny Entei/Raikou as well. Like you, I'd prefer shiny Raikou, but shiny Entei is lovely, too)

Sigh... I wish my shiny Cresselia would shine as fast. I'm currently at 3230 SR for it.

I've also hatched just over 1354 Riolu eggs, and done 4515 encounters in route 36 (once I get a shiny here, I might go shiny Entei/Raikou hunting - if I KO them I can re-release them again, right? I'd already done 58 SR for them before I gave up and continued on with the game)

Though my current hunts may be put on hold, as this morning I'm going out to buy Soul Silver, so my shiny Cyndaquil hunt will soon begin. n_n

Good luck everybody. Congrats on new shinies.

Edit: I'm back from the shops, and look what I got:

ss1.jpg

Pokemon Soul Silver! (... and an Oscar kitty)

ss2.jpg

Oscar kitty seemed unimpressed by my purchase...

My shiny Cyndaquil hunt can now begin. ^-^

I lol'd at your cat :D

Good luck with all your hunts guys. I'll be resetting some more for Ho-oh today but I'm also working a website that will help people with Pokeradar chaining, so I'll be busy for a while :)

Dark_Steelix

<~ Yo quiero!!
Holy crap congrats on the Entei S_D. If ever get past starter SRing on my Gold, I will also go for the dogs asap. Meh Heliotrope you just got SS and going for Cyndaquil? I will guarantee that you will get a shiny starter before me. Guaranteed beyond anything. It is more of a certainty than the sun rising tomorrow.
There's this Donut chain in Canada called Tim Hortons and they have a promotion where you roll up the rim of their coffee cups and you can win free donuts/coffee. You have a 1 in 9 chance of winning. I have bought at least 20 cups of coffee and Bull plop squat. So if I can't even get a 1 in 9 freakin' free donut, I have little hope of getting a 1 in 8192 shiny anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.