• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shiny Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyXB

Got Heart Gold and Soul Silver today. Start SRing for a Starter. Already got 200 SR and no luck, near 1.5 hours. But I will try much longer till I got one.

Here the latest Rumble Shiny pictures:

WPS_0429.jpg

WPS_0431JurobNormalA.jpg

WPS_0438SleimaNormalA.jpg

And another double, but finally got a picture from this wild Shiny, because its hard to see.
WPS_0433.jpg

Maartje

<-Miss Latias, shine
Yeah, I think that's the best thing to do, Froggy. Thank you =)

Thank you for the tips Shinycollector! They will be very useful ;)

Congratulations S_D! That Entei is just beautiful!

I lol'd at your cat, Heliotrope :D

I just got Soul Silver =D But they didn't had the Lugia figure so I got an Ho-Oh figure. That was the reason why I bought Soul silver and not Heart Gold; I wanted the Lugia figure -_-

Currently, I'm SR'ing for shiny chikorita. At 100 now, how much SR's does it most of the time take? Because I'm getting overwhelmed with the nostalgia all the time and want to play through the game :D

Ferfie

Shiny Ahab
Thank you very much for the welcomes,
I must say Well done Storm_Dragoon, that is a friggin impressive accomplishment.

Just wanted to inquire, as several of you seem to be just recieving their UK/European versions of HG/SS which (if any) or the Johto starters you will be SRing for?
Personally, i have had my HG since the North American release date, done at around 600-1000 SR's daily, and still not a single shiny. I'm hoping for a Totodile, and am so impatient, i too am having memories of the past surge back and just wanna get playing.
I hope picking up SS today will change my SR luck for the better.

Last edited:

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
OMG helio, you have the most adorable cat ever, i love his(?) yawn face. Oscar would make a great "lolz" cat. :)

_______

I've got some great news.

I got a shiny starter on my first day of owning HG/SS.

You'll never guess what it is though?

You: I don't have time for this, get to the goods!

What, you won't guess. You meanies. :p

So yeah, after going through 5 save files on SoulSilver, Shiny Totodile has appeared. Yeah thats right, its my 3rd shiny Totodile in the HG/SS games.

You: What, Three shiny Totodile?

Yeah thats right, this adorable crocodile like creature just loves me to pieces.

So i'm currently making a video of this little guy/gal(don't know which yet), and i plan on keeping it untouched until i can get a whole bunch of rare candies, to level it up to an untouched(in terms of 0 EV's) Croconaw.

That way i'll have completed the entire Totodile line without having to resort to cloning the first Totodile.

I am over the moon. As soon as i get the required rare candies, i'll be trading Totodile over to my JP SS game(which will likely become a storage hub for the next 15 shiny totodiles i find :p), then i'll restart my UK SoulSilver, so i can continue to Dual SR.

Oh, also, just adding that this is my first MarchMadness shiny. Yeah Baby!!! :p

Heres hoping i can add to it in the final 5 days of March. :D

_______

Here is the newest Shiny Totodile to join my family of Shinies.

HNI_0001.jpg

HNI_0002.jpg

_______

@Ferfie, i'm actually trying to get a Shiny Cyndaquil, or my second Shiny Chikorita(as i want a Shiny Meganium). Neither have shone, but at least my luck with shiny starters is holding steadfast.

Good luck everyone.

_______

EDIT: Just caught a Hoot-Hoot, and guess what. No it wasn't shiny, but it did have PKRS. Its looking to be a great day! :D

Last edited:

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Hello again everyone. I haven't found a shiny starter yet in SS.

But since I'm feeling sick and depressed (mainly due to it being a certain time of the month) I've spent a lot of time today sitting around with a hot water bottle on my stomach, SR'ing away.

Currently I'm at 800 SR (so that's 2400 starters seen). I change files every 50SR. I'm really hoping Cyndaquil will be the starter that shinies; if it isn't I'll just continue on with the game and hunt for it at another time.

OMG helio, you have the most adorable cat ever, i love his(?) yawn face. Oscar would make a great "lolz" cat.

Thank you. ^^ Yes, he is a 'he'. Oscar would be a bit of an odd name for a girl (my mum named him - ruining our 'tradition' of cats with S names. Too bad mum only got to see him for three days before she went to hospital)

Oscar pulls some downright bizzar yawning faces; such as this and this and this. He looks like he's being possessed or something. o_O lol

But he can look cute too, see? n_n

Congrats on yet another shiny Totodile by the way.

Last edited:

Ferfie

Shiny Ahab
Kirk, i am THE jealous right now.
Seriously it has been 13 days of SRing and nothing yet, although I did just gain a shiny nidoran (F) just 2 days ago (i've been seeking out the nido's for quite sometime) shes a Brave nature, so im not totally peeved.
Congrats anyhow.

Edit:
Umm i don't wanna sound stupid here, but I've been SRing on the same save game. Would it be wise to reset the save file all together and try my luck fresh? or just continue as i have spent a stupid amount of hours already?

Last edited:

pieman556

1525 Eggs!!
Well after finally getting on Spring Break and finished my numerous projects for school, I can finally focus completely on shiny hunting!

There have been so many cool shinies since I last posted! Congratulations to Storm_Dragoon on her shiny Entei! That's quite an awesome accomplishment!! That makes me kinda want to SR for one of the roaming dogs, since I will already be SRing for Suicune. Also congrats to kirkeastment for your 3rd shiny Totodile, that's quite a collection you've got there! haha

Anyway, I'm still continuing my shiny Ekans gamecorner hunt, and I haven't been keeping track in any way, and I have NO idea how many SRs I think I may have done! haha.

Also, continuing shiny Ho-oh hunt, but I'm trying to get shiny Ekans first since its more likely, but once I'm done with that here I come Ho-oh with about 200 SR so far.

Anyway, Good Luck to everyone on their hunts! And MAYBE I can get one shiny this March haha!

Last edited:
I Ceecee-typhlosion hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

I used to be a member of the old club, then after it closed I didn't join the new one as alot of stuff happened last year and I didn't really hunt for any shinies.

Anyway, currently I am hunting for a shiny starter in SoulSilver and I am still hunting for a shiny Rayquaza, I'm around 5900 resets for it now..

Congrats to all new shinies

Last edited:

hitoshura0

Welcome back Ceecee. I'm hunting for Rayquaza as well, want to race for it?
And congrats to all the recent shinies, especially S_D's Entei. That thing is just pure nuts, and I know I'd never have the patience to SR for that thing. So super congrats on that one.

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
I see some cute kittehs there. :3

Anyways, I'm SRing for Lugia now. It'd be nice for it to appear early, but I doubt that will happen. It'll be worth it, though.

Also was thinking, after Storm_Dragoon's sucess, I might SR for Raikou and Entei when I buy HG. How long does each SR take approximatley?

Master of All

Call me Peter...
Just aquick question how long did it take you guys to find your first shiny

Dark_Steelix

<~ Yo quiero!!
The Sun Will Not Rise Tomorrow

Ok I think Hell has frozen over...guess what totally shocked me tonight:
DSC00048.jpg

Total shock. I was eating a slice of Pizza and watching the Tonight Show, when I look down and see green on totodile. At first I couldn't even remember what Totodile shiny looked like and thought "Wait is this what it looks like shiny...no.. yeah.. damn wish I had silver to compare ...wait.. wait...yeah it IS Shiny!!"

So after it slowly sank in, I was ecstatic. Mad with bliss. "Finallly, FINALLY!!!"

Hardy? Because it was hard to get?
Stats...attack is higher than the rest
Turn your heads to see this as I couldn't fit both screens at once in frame

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT-1CtoOPaI

^ Video...turn sound up a bit :/

Famed mimic power once again mimicked someone, yay for Totodiles kirk!
Also I forgot to give Totodile a nickname as I honestly hadn't thought of one since I was vastly expecting to get cyndaquil or Chikorita shiny :p
1/8192 shiny #52...When I buy SS next month, I'll hope I get cyndaquil.

Ferfie

Shiny Ahab
So stoked right now.
it was 12:30 at night/in the morning, i was just about to turn off my HG after several hours of SRing, and my luck has finally turned over.
after almost 2 weeks i finally have my shiny Totodile!!!
Plus, I just got SS a couple hours ago so I can start to play through HG and SR for Cyndaquil in SS!

@ Master of All
I have been playing pokemon since the first Gen came out in NA. so give or take ten years. I got my first shiny about a year ago. With that being said it was a Random Encounter, and I didn't actually start shiny hunting until this year.

Poke-Glitch

I...I Did It!
Dude...Dude! People are finding shinies on the first day!?!?! This is GREAT news! Congrats Kirk, D_S and Ferfie for finding exactly the same shiny as eachother in quick succession! I'm gonna begin SRing RIGHT now! Of course, I did get the game yesterday...but only played it up to the point of Elm's lab because of homework...But now nothing will stop me! Good Luck guys!

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Good morning everyone.

I've just woken up, and I'm already SR'ing for my shiny starter. Yesterday I managed to get in 1000 SR (so 3000 starters seen). Today I'll probably manage even more... unless someone decides to shine.

Please Cyndaquil, please shine! You're the one I want. A few days ago shiny Cyndaquil were swarming, but now there's been three shiny Totodile in the past 24 hours...

... I can just see myself getting a 3rd shiny Totodile. >_>

In my Japanese HG that shiny Totodile appeared on the 1491st SR. Let's see if a shiny starter will appear before that in SS...

Good luck everybody. Congrats on all those shiny Totodile.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Ohhhhhhhh, see now i feel really bad Helio.

Because.

My Shiny Johto Starter Collection is now complete.

Shiny Cyndaquil has just appeared in my UK HeartGold Game. YAY!!!

I would drop the F-Bomb, but since this a family friendly forum, i'll just say hell fricking yes. :p

I had only just started a new save file(my 7th or 8th new save file), and after around 15 SR's Shiny Cyndaquil was Staring me in the face.

This is amazing for me, as the last time i found two shinies in two days it was Shaymin and Abomasnow last June.

Video is being recorded now, and should be uploaded before 10:30am.

Also, one noteworthy thing to mention, that this is my first shiny to appear on my new DSi XL.

I am literally shaking as i type this, you wouldn't even believe.

This makes 2 shinies for me towards MarchMadness. WooHoo. :)

EDIT:

Its a Female, Calm natured Cyndaquil.

Video is uploading as we speak.

I've also taken some pictures of the trainer page using my DSi XL's camera. These pictures were taken after the video footage was recorded and after i put the UK HG cart into my DSlite.

You want to go walkies
HNI_0003.jpg

Ooooh, looky, shiny :p
HNI_0004.jpg

Say ma name!
HNI_0005.jpg

Last edited:

Poke-Glitch

I...I Did It!
OH MY FREAKIN' F***ING GOSH! I HAVE JUST FOUND A SHINY TOTODILE IN SS!
Oh my...I can't...really can't...man, about an hour I posted here saying I couldn't wait to begin SRing in SS...after ONLY 76 SR's! On my first ever save file...I have just got the Shiny Starter that I wanted the MOST! YES! YES!...YES! Wait, that means I've just got a Shiny before Helio!?! That can't be right! I guess the sun won't rise tommarow! I'm in total shock right now...even though I'm a calm guy, this was not expected! I expected a shiny to appear at about 8K SR's...and I was dreading that!...BUT NO! 76 SR's! I've made a film...and taken some pics, this was totally worth it! So...76 X 3 is 228, so I've seen 228 starters for it to shine! I'm so shocked I'll edit with pics soon!
EDIT: Here are the pics!

http://i40.*******.com/157km1g.jpg

http://i43.*******.com/2v3isy1.jpg

http://i39.*******.com/10zrfa9.jpg

http://i43.*******.com/faqzo.jpg

http://i44.*******.com/16m7ok3.jpg

A Female Sassy natured Shiny Totodile! This is my FIRST SR Shiny! I never thought I'd be patient enough! But this beats all the other methods (except Random Encountering) anyday! Infact, I think It's highly likely my RNGing days are done...I'm sorry but RNG does have a thrill when you first see a shiny yes. But after that the shinies are never special...this though, this IS special! I LOVE the feeling of finding a SR shiny! I could get high on this! I'm definitely going to SR for everything in the game! (except stuff that I don't care about like Electrode) Congrats on the Cyndaquil Kirk! Hope you find a Shiny Cyndaquil too Helio! (I also hope this 4th Shiny Totodile hasn't discouraged you! lol!) Vid will be up later! Good Luck!

Last edited:

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Wow, congrats P-G on the shiny Totodile. Can't wait to see pics/video.

Even better that it shone on your first save file too, absolutely brilliant. Well Done. :D

EDIT:

So I'm just about to trade Shiny Cyndaquil over to my JP SS game, so that i can SR for some more shiny starters in my UK HG/SS games. However if i do find any others, then i'll be playing through the games with them, and EV training them.

Good luck everyone.

EDIT#2:

For some strange reason the video for shiny cyndaquil hasn't gone live on its own page yet, but it can be viewed via my channel - http://www.youtube.com/kirkeastment1988

You can also find all my other shiny videos there. :) Enjoy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.