• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shiny Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeShinyHuntJack

Back....Again
Yay! Im in. Maybe i might get lucky tonight with my targets.. Ive heard that when you use the pokeradar for platinum it is much easier to chain and it is much more clear, Is this true? If so i might start chaining again after i get my shiny i am hunting.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Back in I think early March, I started over my Emerald, I wasn't going for a "Lucky" ID and what not and I got my Starter, I went into the grass (after receving the pokeballs) and a Shiny Poochyena appierd. I was amazed, I caught it and I park'd it to my Pearl version. I have not played Emerald for ever (Probably from that date) and I want to ask a question.

Is that a Shiny/Lucky ID? Or can shinys just pop up here or there?

Thanks!

DarkLatios

SHINE GET
I DarkLatios hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

YESYESYESYESYES THE CLUB IS BACK!!!

You just knew I had to come back. If there isn't a Shiny Hunting Club, I'd be gone from Serebii Forums for good. Shinies are just that great!

In shiny news, I've FINALLY completed the first leg of the circuit and snagged myself a shiny Snorunt at Acurity Lakefront! Its Naive nature and female, so it makes the perfect Froslass! Unfortunately, the desret shiny is being insanely stubborn and won't show up!!! Hopefully I shall get it soon so I can SR for shiny Uxie once again!

Narutopokedude

← currently hunting
Back in I think early March, I started over my Emerald, I wasn't going for a "Lucky" ID and what not and I got my Starter, I went into the grass (after receving the pokeballs) and a Shiny Poochyena appierd. I was amazed, I caught it and I park'd it to my Pearl version. I have not played Emerald for ever (Probably from that date) and I want to ask a question.

Is that a Shiny/Lucky ID? Or can shinys just pop up here or there?

Thanks!

Could be both. You never know until you find another shiny, then you can obviously tell if it is an RNG clone. As for me, I have an Emerald version that yielded me my first 3 shinies and it wasn't a lucky file, they weren't RNG clones either.

RedGyarados

Finally Mine!
RG, I remember you posting a lot in the 3rd Gen Shiny Thread before it was closed. You got like six shinies in one day, right? What shinies do you have now that occupy 3.5 boxes? o_O

I have in Box 1: Charizard, Butterfree, Pidgeot, Raticate, Fearow, Sandslash, Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Ninetails, Venomoth, Golduck, Primeape, Arcanine, Alakazam, Victreebel, Rapidash, Slowbro, Dodrio, Muk, Cloyster, Gengar, Marowak, Gyarados, Ditto, Dragonite, Meganuim, Furret, Nocowl, Crobat, and Lanturn.

Box 2: Ampharos, Azumarill, Jumpluff, Dunsparce, Steelix, Scizor, Heracross, Magcargo, Corsola, Octillery, Skarmory, Donphan, Tyranitar, Mightyena, Linoone, Beautifly, Dustox, Ludicolo, Shiftry, Swellow, Gardevoir, Breloom, Ninjask, Shedinja, Exploud, Sableye, Aggron, Manectric, Swalot, and Camerupt.

Box 3: Torkoal, Grumpig, Flygon, Altaria, Zangoose, Seviper, Whiscash, Armaldo, Milotic, Banette, Tropius, Chimecho, Absol, Huntail, Gorebyss, Salamence, Metagross, Rayquaza, Bibarel, Luxray, Roserade, Ambipom, Mismagius, Honchkrow, Weavile, Magnezone, Lickylicky, Rhyperior, Tangrowth, and Electivire.

Box 4: Magmortar, Togekiss, Yanmega, Gliscor, Mamoswine, Porygon-Z, Gallade, Probopass, Dusknoir, and Froslass.

Its just a few shy of 3.5 but all together thats 100 so far. I'm still searching for Starly and I may start hatching for another starter pokemon, maybe one of the 3rd or 4th gen ones.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
DarkLatios, you don't HAVE to hunt in the desert for the second leg. You can hunt on routes with Hail, too.

Edit: How did you get all those, RG? If they were all obtained in your games, I must say, you have luck akin to M.M!

RedGyarados

Finally Mine!
Yes I'd say there was alot of luck involved, but my cousin helped me out alot last year because I set out my two DS's and my 3 gameboys and we started hatching and SR and running around for many hours a day. Except for the ones in my sig most of the other shinies were caught by hatching eggs in the various games I had. My most recent catches are Bibarel and Rayquaza. I SR for Rayquaza and just ran into Bibarel as a Bidoof while I was looking for Starly.

My diglett chain ended at 51 and I caught 8 shinies. Only 2 were jolly and had arena trap, but sadly they both had terrible ivs. However, one of the others was hardy with arena trap and great ivs, so for me that's good enough.

Seeing as I start summer holidays tomorrow, I can finally focus on getting a masuda method shiny. My first target is a mudkip with curse. Wish me luck.

EspeonMaster

The Legend Of Dawn
I EspeonMaster hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

This club must be awesome!!I have some shiny Pokemon and I like chaining.I have created a chaining guide as well.So...Can I be a co-owner?(It's kinda late but if you want I can be one.)

Last edited:

ScorpionX

820 eggs so far
So...Can I be a co-owner?(It's kinda late but if you want I can be one.)

No, for a number of reasons, but chief among is the fact that you've only just joined, if we needed another co-owner, we'd have gone for someone who'd been in this club much longer and who'd contributed to the club more.

Welcome to the club though ;)

I've decided to join in the shiny circuit, because there is a soft reset target and a shiny hatchling target i want to get before i start randomly hunting in hoenn

So my targets are thus

1) Poochyena (does that count for leg one of the circuit? i want one to get revenge for the $!""!£$ two poochyena i saw while hunting for the hoenn starters)

2) Croagunk (i assume rain counts? if not then swinub)

3) Regice (only one i need to complete the regi set :) )

4) Chimchar (haven't decided on the egg move yet)

5) Not looking forward to this leg, but whatever i can fish up from the waters of fire red :B

That ok fufu?

*Murkrow

Bird trainer
Wow, three pages already?

I *Murkrow hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

*Nods* Resident shiny bird addi.... fan present. Rejoining because I like the community feel and it's fun.

I've EV trained my Rayquaza and am levelling him up in Sky Tower now, though I have been reminded of why I didn't get many L100's in my previous file. Stupid, low-EXP giving Mawile and their time-wasting Intimidate. Once I've got Ray' to L100 I might just put Ruby away until I can Pal Park to Platinum.

In the mean-time, I'm thinking of booting Emerald up again. RNGing the last three birds I needed was fine when I was intending to quit shiny hunting but they're bugging me now. Getting a SR'able shiny file could allow me to get Torchic and hopefully Taillow. I want to keep as far away from breeding as possible so I guess I'd just reset for Piplup on Platinum. Still up in the air at the moment, though.

Congrats on the Skorupi and good luck on the hunts!

EspeonMaster

The Legend Of Dawn
I am chaining a wild Eevee.
Wish me luck!!

PokeShinyHuntJack

Back....Again
I am chaining a wild Eevee.
Wish me luck!!

I have tried soo many times and failed miserably :S. This is a question for people who count their eggs, srs, random encounters e.c.t e.c.t how do you count it?? Because for my next hunt it maybe interesting to see how long it takes :).

Midnight Shadows

< Shine please x.x
I decided to switch my target in Ruby to Duskull, and switch back to Tropius after the E4. It makes sense since I am in the Mt Pyre area anyways, plus it'll be good to level up my team before I face Tate and Liza.

Good luck to all ^^

Also, Day 20 for Uxie and still nothing..it might as well take another week considering my recent luck X.x I really hope it doesn't though >>'

redpixie

*Pink Shiny Hunter*
This is a question for people who count their eggs, srs, random encounters e.c.t e.c.t how do you count it?? Because for my next hunt it maybe interesting to see how long it takes :).

When I was SR'ing for Drifloon last year I was marking every SR down on a bit of paper :) but I'm currently fishing for a shiny dratini/gyrados and I'm counting by how many I do by the hour. I worked out I fish out an average of 3 pokes a minute and just worked it out from there, so my encounter number is always going to be approximated!

Currently at approx. 11,160 encounters and still going, so hope it shines soon so I can move onto chaining my 2nd leg shiny :)

PokeShinyHuntJack

Back....Again
When I was SR'ing for Drifloon last year I was marking every SR down on a bit of paper :) but I'm currently fishing for a shiny dratini/gyrados and I'm counting by how many I do by the hour. I worked out I fish out an average of 3 pokes a minute and just worked it out from there, so my encounter number is always going to be approximated!

Currently at approx. 11,160 encounters and still going, so hope it shines soon so I can move onto chaining my 2nd leg shiny :)

Ah.. cool and thanks im fishing for gyrados/seaking at the moment but im way to far into it to count that now lol..I might try that marking every sr, just like a tally or something? Good luck on your hunts.

Last edited:

Redostrike

Latest Shiny !!!
I have tried soo many times and failed miserably :S. This is a question for people who count their eggs, srs, random encounters e.c.t e.c.t how do you count it?? Because for my next hunt it maybe interesting to see how long it takes :).

Indeed counting per minute is best. For the eggs you could go for full boxes of eggs then hatch them and put them back, when you got one box full of them then you can release them and name the box 01 (or 30) then continue and after another full box name it 02 (or 60) and so on thats a way you can remember how many boxes/pokémons you've hacted. Random encounters can be counted trough the attacks you do. For example if your pokémon has 4 attacks (that do damage and would kill the wild pokémon) each of 15 PP then the total would be 60 PP keep battling until you only have 2 or 3 pp left then battle at the edge of the grass (or have a pokémon whit teleport/fly/dig then this step would not be nessesary) until all of the pp are used (then you could go for the next pokémon whit like 80 pp in total) and then when you get to the pokémon center count te total of ALL your pokémons PP used and you have the right amount of encounters. I would recommen this only for moves that kill the other pokémon in an instance and moves that work 100% if you miss one move write it down or let your pokémon use struggle once. Thats how i do it. (i hope you understand all of this gibrish)

Ok what i've done is sring for my giratina-o. I'm not counting how many cause i'm watching numbers and sometimes i need to listen closly what they say (i'm not engrish :p) and then i stop sring for a while so it would not be accurate. I can say that i've done more than 1000 by now as i mostly watch 3-4 episodes a day and do around 50-100 an episode.

Anyways good luck to all, oh and S_D congrats on the skopuri it's on my to do list somewhere :p.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
RG: Do you have any pictures of your shinies? You have some really nice ones, and I'm sure everyone in the club would appreciate them!

Scorpy: As long as Poochyena's encounter rate is 25% or lower, you can use that for your first leg. Also, leg two is fine; torrential rain counts as excessive weather to me. ;)

Edit: Oh, good news. My cousin is giving me a Sapphire version to use! There's nothing on it, so I reset the game, and I got the ID 12222. I'm soft resetting for a shiny Treecko on it, and I will change my ID weekly. After Treecko, I plan on SRing for Anorith, another shiny Kyogre, then another shiny Latios with the Eon Ticket. Perhaps I'll go for Castform, Regice, Regirock, and Rayquaza afterwards, but I can't promise anything.

I'm also at 2383 SRs for Giratina.

Good luck, everyone.

Last edited:

PokeShinyHuntJack

Back....Again
RG: Do you have any pictures of your shinies? You have some really nice ones, and I'm sure everyone in the club would appreciate them!

Scorpy: As long as Poochyena's encounter rate is 25% or lower, you can use that for your first leg. Also, leg two is fine; torrential rain counts as excessive weather to me. ;)

Edit: Oh, good news. My cousin is giving me a Sapphire version to use! There's nothing on it, so I reset the game, and I got the ID 12222. I'm soft resetting for a shiny Treecko on it, and I will change my ID weekly. After Treecko, I plan on SRing for Anorith, another shiny Kyogre, then another shiny Latios with the Eon Ticket. Perhaps I'll go for Castform, Regice, Regirock, and Rayquaza afterwards, but I can't promise anything.

I'm also at 2383 SRs for Giratina.

Good luck, everyone.

I have way too many targets at the moment and kyogre is one of them . Once i get to that part in the game im gonna sr for it and good luck with your shinies and the club fufu!

ubernoob

<--- Next target?
Blah, okay. I kind of don't see the point of counting SR'd shinies until the very end, though...

I'm up to 1000 SR's on Torchic. Getting kind of bored now, need some motivation ><

Oh yeah, and I'm going to sign up for the Hoenn Tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.