• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shiny Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeShinyHuntJack

Back....Again
Yup and 65 hours it is lol (actually 66 now, since I just pulled in another hour before the red light came on) I've been doing it for...18 days now :) and I'm on my summer hols from uni so got nothing better to do!

Hows it looking for your fishing encounter?

Only if i had the time and patience to do that :p, im currently hunting a shiny desert shiny and using the pokeradar so i might just join the shiny circuit for a bit of fun :p even though its been going for ages.

Now just to decide what im going to chain..

EDIT: Well my fishing encounter im guessing im only on 2000 encounters now but im stopping for a bit to see if i can pull a pokeradar shiny in platinum.
EDIT 2: Seeing that Nidoran F is under 25% appear rate i might try it.

Last edited:

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Yup and 65 hours it is lol (actually 66 now, since I just pulled in another hour before the red light came on) I've been doing it for...18 days now and I'm on my summer hols from uni so got nothing better to do!

Good luck on your fishing. I hope you get a shiny before 20,000 encounters. ^_^

I've been fishing, too. But I've only done 390 encounters so far. I have to hatch my shiny Totodile before I can consentrate fully on my fishing shiny.

At last count I'd hatched 1845 Totodile eggs (I did check; and I'd hatched 114 eggs in 99,999 steps... I'd been hoping it would be more.)

But now it's the weekend, so I can spend all my time egg hatching. ... And I'm about to do so right now. Good luck guys, and congrats on new shinies. ^-^

PokeShinyHuntJack

Back....Again
Good luck on your fishing. I hope you get a shiny before 20,000 encounters. ^_^

I've been fishing, too. But I've only done 390 encounters so far. I have to hatch my shiny Totodile before I can consentrate fully on my fishing shiny.

At last count I'd hatched 1845 Totodile eggs (I did check; and I'd hatched 114 eggs in 99,999 steps... I'd been hoping it would be more.)

But now it's the weekend, so I can spend all my time egg hatching. ... And I'm about to do so right now. Good luck guys, and congrats on new shinies. ^-^

Good luck Helio, hope you get your shiny before the 2032 or something Masuda method chance .. Chain of 1 for Nidoran femaly :D.

wolfgang.amadeus

perfect symmetry XO
I wolfgang.amadeus hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them

Wow, feels so odd rejoining after all this time. ^^;

Thanks Fufu for the heads up. :>

well, hai everyone. So glad we're back up and running. Sorry I didn't post much (at all :p) for a very long time..

Not sure about my activity for a few weeks, anyway. Have been too busy to hunt, and focusing on smogon business when I do get the chance to play Pokémon. :p

However; my targets when I get around to it.
Corphish. - fishing in Ruby.
Totadile. - breeding in Diamond.

I usually read every single post of this club, but I am rather busy right now, however I will surely go back and read each of the five pages and congratulate you all. :>

Goodluck, hunters~!♥ ^___^

EDIT: Just realised I will have to change the link in my sig now. xD;

PokeShinyHuntJack

Back....Again
As the first rule says any one can accept any members i will approve you to the club. Welcome!
Still not decided about what to chain.. I got to a chain of 13 for Wurmple but then it broke i want the first leg of the shiny circuit OVER!

Shiny Pokemon Chaser Ky

<-Gotcha, 140 eggs!
To everyone that requested to join, I welcome you! Shiny Pokemon Chaser Ky, would you happen to have a picture of your shiny Clefairy? I happen to be SRing for one, but I could use some motivation...

Sure, I'll see what I can do about getting one. I don't have a digital camera, but my sister does. I'll ask her later if I can use it. If I can't get a picture though, it's just a quiet natured female. :) She's really cute though.

Still no luck on shiny Numel, but I'm going to keep trying. I haven't counted the encounters though, so no idea how far I am. ^^; I would say about 2,000 as of now.

Thanks for the congrats everyone, and congratulations on the shiny Chinchou and Tyrogues. :) Good luck hunting!

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
So I was in Victory Road. I was battling Onix and Graveler with an Exp. Share on one of my shiny Tyrogue. I was trying to even out its Attack and Defense so it'd evolve into Hitmontop. When out of nowhere, BAM! I find myself face-to-face with a male shiny Rhyhorn! One Quick Ball later, and it's MINE! Jolly nature, Rock Head. Not too shabby, considering it could have LightningRod and worse natures. I've decided to keep it at the Rhydon stage and make use of Rock Head.

I'll start Cacturne chaining for the second leg later. As for my banner, I probably won't find the time to update it with my four latest shinies until sometime later tonight, or possibly tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

Shiny Pokemon Chaser Ky

<-Gotcha, 140 eggs!
So I was in Victory Road. I was battling Onix and Graveler with an Exp. Share on one of my shiny Tyrogue. I was trying to even out its Attack and Defense so it'd evolve into Hitmontop. When out of nowhere, BAM! I find myself face-to-face with a male shiny Rhyhorn! One Quick Ball later, and it's MINE! Jolly nature, Rock Head. Not too shabby, considering it could have LightningRod and worse natures. I've decided to keep it at the Rhydon stage and make use of Rock Head.

Awesome! Rhyhorn is a cool shiny!

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
My tyrogue chain of 13 broke. How do u do it missingo? Want this 1st leg over still im also hunting for second leg in desert.

Sheer luck. Believe me, I know where you're coming from. I've had Tyrogue chains break in the single digits.

I'm actually gonna be trying to clear off some of the unneeded Pokemon from my PC before I start chaining Cacturne later. It's getting rather cluttered.

I actually tried chaining Cacturne before, earlier today. Didn't do too well.

RedGyarados

Finally Mine!
Congratulations on the Rhydon M.M!

I've started SRing for Treecko in Ruby as well as hatching for one in Diamond. I'm going to postpone Starly for a little while. Good luck to all.

Midnight Shadows

< Shine please x.x
Congrats on the shiny Rhyhorn M.M :) I had a random shiny Rhyhorn encounter on my Platinum on Route 214 while looking for a Timid nature Houndour :p Adamant natured though.

Also, congrats on everyone else's latest shinies ^^"

In other news, I have done about 165 encounters for Duskull on Mt Pyre in Ruby, and should reach somewhere near 29k for Uxie by the end of today. I decided to buy Pearl (finally) and try out the tweaking glitch for Shaymin/Darkrai. Though I am only on my way to the second badge and still need an Abra with Teleport and a Bike :p

Good luck to all ^^

PokeShinyHuntJack

Back....Again
Oh yes congratulations on your shiny MM! More tyrogue chain breaks. Think i better call it a night and hunt desert shiny on ruby. Good luck to all!

My tyrogue chain of 13 broke. How do u do it missingo? Want this 1st leg over still im also hunting for second leg in desert.

As MM said, sheer luck. I've had a chain of Sentret in the 70s and didn't get a shiny out of it. But oddly enough I've gotten shinies from chains unintentionally, which is usually training for the hell of it (That's how I got my Tyrouge). What's worse than a PokeRadar-only Pokemon? The Pokemon in Backlot's garden.

And Fufu, I am willing to draw prizes, but it depends on my motivation and the prize subject. If someone won with a shiny Palkia or a Pokemon with a difficult design, I wouldn't be able to draw it.

And congrats to MM on his latest catch!

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
As MM said, sheer luck. I've had a chain of Sentret in the 70s and didn't get a shiny out of it. But oddly enough I've gotten shinies from chains unintentionally, which is usually training for the hell of it (That's how I got my Tyrouge). What's worse than a PokeRadar-only Pokemon? The Pokemon in Backlot's garden.

And Fufu, I am willing to draw prizes, but it depends on my motivation and the prize subject. If someone won with a shiny Palkia or a Pokemon with a difficult design, I wouldn't be able to draw it.

And congrats to MM on his latest catch!

I've definitely had that experience as well. Getting to a chain of 40 in Backlot's Garden with Eevees and it took nearly 2 hours just to get one shiny! Yet I've just joked around with chaining and I've picked up a Zigzagoon at a chain of 1, a Chingling at a chain of 1, a Buizel at a chain of 3, and a Starly also at a chain of 3, all very much unintentional.

Luck is an odd thing. :/ Something that's not on my side at the moment. I've gone past 7000 encounters now for my Route 117 hunt and I'm starting to lost hope! ;o;

Heh, you're right about that. I've gotten my Farfetch'd at a chain of 5, my Plusle at 11 and 36, and Houndoom at 24. And some Pokemon have taken me forever. Especially Skitty. Took me several swarms. But then there's all those times that everyone's had - Shinies are the farthest thing from their minds, and BOOM one shows up. (Or in my case, you're pretending to be chased by a specific shiny, and BOOM that shiny shows.)

A little for-fun theory I made up is that the games read minds, and have/don't have shinies show up depending on what you're thinking about. But you're right, it's really luck.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Lol Profile, I think I agree with your theory. There has never been a time when I was thinking "I'm probably going to get shiny ____ soon" and it just showed up. Usually I'm not even thinking about the shiny, I'm just mindlessly SRing and then it appears. ^_^

As for my hunts, nothing new. My Giratina hunt has seen some serious progress though; I pulled an all-nighter, and though I got a nap later on, I've been resetting for it like crazy. I just passed the 4000 SR threshmark a while ago. Unfortunately, my EXACT SR count is now officially impossible to keep a tab on; you see, I went to the movies with my cousin and brother, and I was soft resetting in the movie theatre while the movie was playing, and I didn't bring my tally sheet to keep track. I'm estimating that I got about 150 SRs in. Tacky, I know, but I want this shiny Giratina. >.<

Even if I disregard those SRs, I still don't have an exact accurate tab on my SR total because my first week of SRing for Giratina was incredibly slow paced...I probably did a maximum of 100 in seven days. But not including those SRs, my exact SR count from June 22nd is 4024...er, 4025 now. ^^ I'm hoping Giratina decides to shine sooner rather than later.

And that brings me to the question I wanted to ask you all!

What is the oddest, tackiest, or most socially unacceptable environment in which you dared to shiny hunt?

Other than the movies, when I go to visit my godmother and her mentally and physically handicapped child, I often bring my systems to shiny hunt. I don't feel particularly bad about it because he often asleep, and communication with him, although possible, isn't soemthing I like to spend my time doing...

I've also been SRing for Clefairly while I SR for Giratina, but not with the same vigor with which I have been hunting for Giratina.

Good luck everyone.

Redostrike

Latest Shiny !!!
Congrats on the new shiny's.

I've done nothing today :p, been busy with other stuff. Going to play some sapphire now right before i go to sleep.

What is the oddest, tackiest, or most socially unacceptable environment in which you dared to shiny hunt?

Well when i was sring for my Mudkip i sring everywhere. It's quite handy if you got 3 gba micro if the battery is empty form one you got 2 more and it takes a while cause they have great battery life. So i was actually sring everywhere, on the street, on the bus, on the train, at my girlfriends home, at friends home. I'm also involved into the Pokemon TCG games and i go to TO (organizers) meetings. These are sometimes very important due to how to get new members interested for more price support (for everyone). I even was sringing there and everybody was watching me with crooked eyes. Now that i have it they are all jealous as 80% of those people also play the ds/gba games and now they understand why i was sring all the time.

Good luck to all.

Um...My grandmother's house kinda counts as one, but since we're there a lot for holiday parties and my brother and I are usually the only kids there, we hide in one room and play games/watch TV.

There was also a place where people go for treatments and the like concerning cancer. I chained Magnemite in there once because my mother (2-Year survivor) had to go in for...Something, I forgot, and I had to stay with her because my brother and dad were going to a concert in a different city. I didn't get a shiny, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.